Action Comics #993 Storytime

Superman teams up with the greatest hero history will never know; it's the return of Booster Gold and Skeets!

"Booster Shot" Part One!

You know Barry you shouldn’t shit talk people for using the Treadmill or destroying the universe

When was the last time we saw him? I only renember that oh no shit about SMWW.

Does he not recognize Booster?

Oh boy, a Green Lantern crossover!

>Lombard is a Booster fan

jej

>you

That rifle strap and tacticool body armour
Man Krypton really is not as advanced as it used to b

Why does everyone shit in Lombard?

>I believe there are several risque tumblrs with your--

New Super-man: Support your local comic shop!

Is one beautiful daughter.. I like the design, I prefer her than Superboy.

I find it difficult to believe Superman is dumb enough to not realize that on Krypton he wouldn't have his powers.

But I guess you can attribute it to him being very emotional at the moment.

Yea.my only gripe.

>No Sup Forums

Sup Forums is more a Legion of Doom thing

This is a good cover.

How could you be this fucking stupid, clark?

lol that goofy neck in panel 4

I like Teen Titans, so I wish they would stop involving them in these Goddamn crossovers already.

Hahaha!

I miss when you would buy one book and get one full story in it.

Guess t hats why i only buy trades

He certainly looks healthier than right before the last time we saw him in Convergence or is this the younger Booster or a third option?

What would reddit says about Booster?

Well, to be fair, once they stuck Damian with the Teen Titans, it makes sense since this is going to involve the Titans of Tomorrow story line/future Kon - Future Tim and possibly Future Damian -- plus the Teen Titans team already met Jon and implied he wanted them to join the team - which you have to acknowledge is DC's end game.

The only real outlier would be the cross-over with a Superman issue, but it's really not that big a deal.

has there only been 1 issue of doomsday clock?

Yes

I love this cover

Green Lantern is not in this issue.

Wow. Be a little shit to a guy who's trying to be nice why don't ya, Jon?

I've been wondering how Sam feels about Jon.

Man, I don't think Booster works as an opportunistic asshole looking for glory

He works as a guy who is SEEN as an opportunistic asshole who LOOKS LIKE he's just out for glory. And he can't ever fix the record about himself because he's gotta be seen as an asshole for the sake of the future, so he has to sabotage himself a lot.

The turning point for his character is when he shifted over more to this.

Oh, NOW she actually gives a shit about her dad?

In an old episode of Justice League Unlimited Booster Gold appeared in a story where he gets mistaken for Green Lantern by some people in a humorous scene. That user is purposely pretending to be exactly like those fictional people and pretending to think Booster Gold is Green Lantern because he thinks doing the exact same thing from a funny scene in a cartoon on this site will also be funny.

Hell yeah! Green Lantern!

Because he committed the ultimate in unforgivable sins:

He's a white masculine male. Probably a Christian too.

Really?

But Booster doesn't wear any green. How could he be mistaken for Green Lantern? I mean even if I didn't know who Booster Gold was. I'd still know what the color green would be.

I'm pretty sure that Booster got MANHATTAN'D out of Flash's memories, similar to Wally a bit.

Has he even time travelled enough to know what a chronal storm looks like

Well it's not like Barry ever worked with Booster

You'll think Clark would know that a Red Sun won't give you powers.

That was part of the joke. Booster even mentions that. Part of the comedy comes from that he quite obviously isn't green and those people are acting dumb. The posters you see think it is fun to emulate the actions of those dumb fictional characters because they found them being dumb funny and think it would be funny to act the same way.

>he doesn't know

Let's be honest, the Teen Titans need as much exposure as they can get.

I hate Flash all of a sudden because screwed time up more than anyone and just goes straight to punching?

My reaction would have been to ask for a time of execution to record it on VHS or something.
After all, the more covert american missions are blown up and members publicily executed, the better the world becomes

It seems like Manhattan has done something about pretty much every time traveller that's not Barry, seeing as no one seems to really remember Booster and Superman didn't even think of the Legion (or the presumably many lectures about not destroying the time stream he's witnessed Brainiac 5 give) before deciding to fuck around with time.

he has had a stint with the LoSH, didnt he?

I swear this cover is a direct reference to an earlier one, maybe pre-crisis. But I can't figure it out. Just spent twenty minutes browsing cover galleries without success.

It'll come to me.

didnt Sam have a Superman of his own? why bother being on the field?

Skeets going back to his 52 days I see

thanks man. i thought i had missed the storytime

Nice to see Jurgens drawing again.

shouldn't the red sun give Booster powers?
does it still work like that with humans?

When did it work like that with humans

huh you are right, I can't name a single example
somehow I thought it worked that way

In Superman: Last Son of Earth, Clark was raised sickly and frail on Krypton due to the higher gravity; so when he returned to Earth he was super strong and whatnot.

Didn't Steve got shot just a few issues? What a quick recovery.
>Sam Lane's going to die because Supes is too busy crying over a biological father he never knew

>Flash: I'm not gonna let you screw up time!!
>Booster: What's that? I think I hear Bart Allen! Oh wait. He doesn't EXIST anymore, Barry. Good work not screwing up time!

Bump.

Justice League 3000

Is that... hypertime?

I don't remember Wraith being used anywhere else other than Superman Unchained, and he might as well be wiped like Superbro's history

I thought the Treadmill went with you?

>Lombard is a Booster fan
This is perfect. I hope he turns out to be Boosters ancestor

You can not be close to someone and still not want a jihadist to fucking behead them on YouTube user.

>the presumably many lectures about not destroying the time stream he's witnessed Brainiac 5 give
No one gives a fuck what Brainiac 5 thinks. Clark is just following the Legion’s lead.

Wraith kamikazes himself at an invading alien army at the end, so he’d be dead either way.

They care a little about it most of the time, enough to be somewhat careful with the stuff they do at least. This is just throwing yourself head first into messing things up without any precautions.

No One is commenting on adult Chris and Jon teaming up.

Those are Kal-el and General Zod.

Seems like its time for clark to become his own grandparent!

I thought it was an alternate timeline with Kal and Zod.

>clark and lois genuinely dont like lombard
i dont believe it

>translated from kryptonian
what happened to kryptonese

Readers too lazy to translate it themselves