"Marvel movies have no consequ-"

>"Marvel movies have no consequ-"

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/12/thor-ragnarok-wonder-woman-box-office/
youtube.com/watch?v=WgoudqUTJuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why, what are the consequences of Thord: Ragnarok.

Odin died, Thor lost an eye and Asgard was destroyed.

Lol asgardian niggras.

A magical city that the viewer doesn't have much investment in blew up.

ences

>Marvel "movies"

Doesn't he get the eye back?

And there was not a single scene in the film where any of that mattered. None of those events had any impact on the characters.

This desu. They're flicks at best.

Not that user or referring to those points but:

>Odin dies/Thor becomes new Odin
Thor now has actual king responsibilities. He can't really go around fucking with the Avengers willy nilly without thinking of how it's going to affect Asgardians first. For story's sake, Asgardians are Thor's new love interest instead of Jane.

>Asgard destroyed
Now Asgardians are on their way to Earth which could cause tension. Unless Thanos threatens them, which might be the reason Loki gives up the Tesseract, or unless Thanos kills them, which might make Thor go beserk.

>Bifrost destroyed
Severely limits Thor's way of transportation. It was kind of a crucial way of getting to various places for Thor. Now he's limited to getting help from Guardians spaceships or Strange's magic.

>Mjolnir destroyed
Thor's powers are affected and has now tapped into a strength of his which allows him to even take on Hulk without batting an eye.

We haven't seen a movie after Thor: Ragnarok, so we don't know the full impacts of the movie yet. But let's assume they make a fourth Thor movie in the future, thinking that all these events aren't going to drastically change how that movie is played out compared to Thor 1 or Dark World is silly.

But are any of those really important to the greater scope of the MCU? Will i see the consequences of it in Antman and Wasp, or the Black Panther movie/

Mjolnir is also gone.

Why does what happens in Thor's life have to also seep into Black Panther or Antman?

Vision being created from the Mind Stone didn't affect Antman or Doctor Strange in their own movies, doesn't mean it was "basically pointless".

And also, Antman & Wasp + BP solo movies are not the "greater scope of Marvel". Infinity War is.

Why does it matter? This is a Thor movie and the consequences should be contained to the Thor franchise.

>JOKES JOKES JOKES JOKES JOKES

Nice coping there Thor.

Just cause the audience found Thor and Hulk arguing with each other to be funny doesn't mean Thor was making a joke in the same level of quipping. It just means audiences find two grown men with superpowers fighting like children to be a funny situation.

Of course a person with no sense of humor probably doesn't get basic nuances of jokes.

But then what's the point of having everybody tied together in a cinematic universe if they have an isolated sphere that isn't connected until it relates to the Avengers?

The Netflix shows have a better acknowledgement of another series events. Sure, not every movie should be a straight up referencing everything that is going on elsewhere, but only Civil War seems to have a case of "Remember these events? Well this event is now happening because of those." That's a consequence. Thor will probably get quipped at for missing an eye and a hammer, and then his problems will not have an effect on anything on Earth.

>But then what's the point of having everybody tied together in a cinematic universe if they have an isolated sphere that isn't connected until it relates to the Avengers?

Does everything you do affect your friends? Have you never read a comic?

>The Netflix shows have a better acknowledgement of another series events.

Nice try Ike.

how is the vulture villain not a consequence of avengers 1?

There's more concern for Thor's lost eye than in anything DCEU has produced.

>b-but look at DC!

He still as his eye in the Infinity War trailer. Dr Strange will do some bullshit with his reverse time spell and bring it all back.

They literally said losing the city didnt matter at the end of the fucking movie.

>Implying DCvirgins aren't responsible for every cliche argument about Marvel consequences, music score or tone.

All of those events were pure impact on thor. His father fell he rose to reclaim the best part of his father while sacrificing what was not needed. He redeemed his fathers kingdom through this act. And the eye because he had to give of himself.

Hell the entire hulk fight planet detour was Thor learning to be more then just muscle and hammer. Even if he gets the hammer back he now doesn't need it.

They'll probably want him to have his hammer just for the iconic look of it but when hes separated from it now he is not losing much. Hell even the haircut was a transformation.

Because the people are more important, since they can rebuilt it. Doesnt mean that the City doesn't matter at all.

>Why, what are the consequences of Thord: Ragnarok
Yet another crushing embarrassment in Chadland?
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/12/thor-ragnarok-wonder-woman-box-office/

>Doesnt mean that the City doesn't matter at all.

characters in the movie say that it doesn't matter

Odin's death is what powers Thor finding his lighting.

>He still as his eye in the Infinity War trailer.
No he doesn't dumbass

>Thor lost an eye
hair cut character development.
>Odin died, (...) and Asgard was destroyed.
Asgard and Oden are barely even in the Thor movies. Does it even really matter that much if they are gone?

Are so autistic that you missed the point of the movie? They literally say Asgard is the people, not the city. No shit, losing the city mattered but the people matter more.

Because Sup Forumss hateboner for the MCU tells you so.

Thor losing Odin is what drives him to escape Sakarr and not fuck around with Hulk all day since no one else is around to stop Hela

Not to mention a character that was always rewarded for being cowardly and kind of evil couldn't take it anymore and changed into a badass, which ended up getting him killed, because doing the right thing doesn't always mean you get rewarded, but at least he died an honorable death

THE FOUNDATION'S STILL THERE AT LEAST

man, this movie is too deep for me

>one shot from the very start of the film 5 seconds after ragnorok ended

that's before strange works his magic

So you agree that losing the city didnt matter.

They literally changed that one shot in the SDCC trailer to not spoil Ragnarok. It's not getting reversed.

Hm yeah this must be before strange works his magic too
is right

>No shit, losing the city mattered but the people matter more.

Everybody on my theater laughted and had a good time at that scene because it was so unpredictable. I cant imagine why the Sup Forumsfags would be in their corner cringing alone.

>but at least he died an honorable death
His death was utterly underwhelming. Instead of being slowly clawed down by the spookies, fighting until his last dying breath he was just killed in half a second when Hela noticed him. That scene uses the iconography of the comics but sticks the landing.

fails to stick the landing*

>implying that you aren't paranoid
>implying that people who only watch DC would have interest on talking about this movie

You underage console wars are pathetic, you're either comparing a movie to DCEU without watching or you actually watched all 5 DCEU movies and will pay to see aquaman making you a DC fan as well.

S'fine, Mjolnir always comes back.

>in a desperate moment, Strange uses the Eye to open a green sling ring through time instead of space
>Mjolnir flies to present-day Thor's hand from the past
>creates unintended consequences in the past when past Thor suddenly loses Mjolnir

This is the kind of thing I would love on the page but not on screen because in a comics this could kick off a nice 1-3 issue story, but a movie would never do this without a major sideplot, and "Thor time travel shenanigans" without an end-of-the-world plot in it would never happen.

The Warriors Three all got slaughtered.

>series of movies that are all connected have no impact on each other

What? Do people seriously say that?

>Iron Man lead to Iron Man 2
>Thor, Hulk, Iron Man and Cap lead to Avengers
>battle of NY leads to phase 2 directly
>Tony loses his house, develops a murderous AI
>Cap and the Avengers destroy SHIELD and HYDRA
>Loki's sceptre from the first Avengers is in the middle of everything
>Jarvis becomes Vision
>Civil War ensues, Tony loses his gf, his bf, his sidekick and his team of superfriends
>Spider-man goes rogue on Tony and prevents stealing of alien tech from the first avengers still
>Thor and fucking Hulk in space

Not to mention everything being connected to Thanos somehow.

I mean, fuck, these movies are direct sequels of one another. I dunno what kind of consequences people want, but the MCU undergone A LOT of changes and there hasn't been a status quo so far.

>Will i see the consequences of it in Antman and Wasp, or the Black Panther movie

Antman will surely mention the events of Civil War (which Thor was not a part of) and BP will probably be a backstory or some isolated event, since Cap and Bucky are in wakanda in present day.

I'm holding out hope for World War Hulk

Ragnarok didn't expressly use the comics reason for him ending up in space. but they didn't provide and alternative either

so they get back and find that Tony and Fury had rigged the ship to get rid of him... Smash

>An entire race of super powered beings moving to Earth

"Why should the rest of the MCU care?"

I honestly didn't mind the increased focus on humor in the movie, except during the intro. Thor seemed like a completely different character when he was talking to that skeleton and Surtur.

This complaint drives me through the fucking roof.

Is there too much humor in Marvelshit? Probably.

Does that mean Thor becoming a more light-hearted jokester is against his character arc? No. No it fucking does not. If anything, the MCU being so quipfilled perfectly explained why Thor has softened up over the years. People criticize Thor for being funny in Ragnarok as if saving the world twice alongside Iron Quip and Captain Jest wasn't going to fucking rub off on him. Not to mention there are a plethora of comic panels depicting Thor as a comedic character, even if (like in the movie) he's the butt of most the jokes.

I really fail to understand how you guys can miss the point of these movies so badly. Live action capeshit really needs to be discussed on Sup Forums, not for Sup Forums's sake, but for the medium's. You fucks have no idea what the fuck is going on in any of these movies ever.

Hol up. I hate nuMarvel as much as the next person but the consequences of Age of Ultron went far into Civil War and Iron Man 3.

>iron man 3
Came out before age of ultron. And the worst part is that the "ending" of 3 didn't fucking matter in age of ultron

You're right. Well there goes that argument.

>best Superman film in the last two decades was a Thor film.

>the "ending" of 3 didn't fucking matter in age of ultron
okay
>im traumatized because of what happened in avengers
>im building a bunch of suits because i dont feel safe
>oh no, turns out i only made myself weaker
>i learnt my lesson and now realize that im human and cant be the protector i want to be
>what i need to do is build something without my limitations
>oh no its evil
looks like it mattered quite a lot, since iron man 3 is the whole reason ultron happened in the first place

I really want to see HULK take Valkyrie and buttfuck her in the pussy

Hey, men. I'm just going to be the best part of this movie. Don't mind me, 'cept when I do something cool. Like when I killed dem skellie things. Or that time I led a successful revolution. No big deal.

Yeah, Hela should have been separated from the main fight by Thor and co. Instead of the ship being the exit Heimdal should have been warping groups of citizens down to Earth. The remnant of the Asguardian army should have fallen about halfway through the exodus at which point Skurge should have thrown off his cloak and held the bridge. Then have the bridge get broken by Hela or something and the rest plays out as it did.

No one sings songs of their deaths.

No no, they are moving pictures with audio accompaniment

I'm not saying Korg wasn't funny, I'm just saying Thor movies used to have dignity.

Thor movies used to also fucking suck.

In shhhpidelman dey had da wreckage from dem fighting da aliums rememba?

>He can't really go around fucking with the Avengers willy nilly without thinking of how it's going to affect Asgardians first.

This won't realistically matter to any future plots beyond a few throwaway lines, maybe one full scene dedicated to it before the dilemma is resolved.

Skurge setting off grenades and explosives on his body ala Leon (the Professional).

Damn shame that he (and the Enchantress) hadn't been introduced before to add some weight to him handing a grenade pin to Hela and whispering "This is for Amora."

But then she'd become his cock-slave, a nympho hopelessly addicted to getting Hulk'ed.

Would you want that?

>too many jokes

The problem with jokes is that they damage how rewatchable the movies are, since they won't land as funny as the first time, but I don't mind it.

>thor getting tasered
>thor getting a shot in his butt
>thor being sexually objectified

they did not

How much is Disney paying you?

He should have been set up in previous Thor Movies.

Jesus Christ how old are you?

Learn to fucking read.

Nope, gone for good

>I cant imagine why

You really can't imagine why refugees watching their home get destroyed should be a bittersweet moment instead of played for laughs?

Why did Odin have the shittiest death scene in the mcu

This movie was a lot of fun.

for me it was fun, but i always thought the idea of Marvel quip-a-thons were a Sup Forums exageration until this film.

youtube.com/watch?v=WgoudqUTJuY

>Thor movies used to have dignity.

Probably because the actor didn't care

this movie was garbage
100% pointless, far too goofy without actually being funny, and without a single redeeming quality

Meh...honestly I’m fine with it as long are the quips are actually funny and not just sarcasm and pop culture references like in Ultron (i.e Ultron) and Dr. Strange (The joke about beyonce???)

Wow! Are you from the future? How's Phase 4?

I think I would, but I know she would

I guess the misunderstanding was the edited trailer they did to not spoil it.

Reshoots.

This. Thor learned how to be a hero from ironic jokesters on Earth.

Good thing the humor in this movie is mostly from fun character interaction instead of randomness.

Also the action scenes are fucking excelent, the entire film feels like a group having fun at a tabletoo RPG game, in a good way.

No. The humor is idiotic, slapstic and almost infantile. Nothing fun about it.

The action scenes feel wrong, it's obvious the director wanted to make a silly comedy featuring an empowered black valkyrie who don't need no thor, but had to fit the guy in there somehow.

But I guess Sup Forumsmbler is now overrun by NeoGAF refugees who can't get enough of this sort of thing. At least someone's having fun.

>DCEU movies have consequ-

>it's obvious the director wanted to make a silly comedy featuring an empowered black valkyrie who don't need no thor
The one with less than 10 minutes of screen-time that is overshadowed by Thor or Hulk on every fight?

I honestly can't believe that people let this shit completely slide for the DCEU. Superman has only been dead for ONE (1) DCEU movie and that was entirely in the fucking past.

Marvel at least didn't fucking kill a character off only to bring them back in the next movie. Shit like Loki's death was shown to be a farce in the same movie he was in.

>The action scenes feel wrong

What does that even mean? They felt perfect for what the film was going for. They weren't super serious, but they weren't just comedy either: the action is straight up a cosmic adventure spetacle. And the humor can go the slapstick route some times, but that actually adds to rewatchability since visual comedy is much more lasting than verbal jokes. Also the banter is pretty great, most of my laughs came from the characters just being themselves and being engaging instead of specific punchlines.

I get that the movie is not what you were expecting, but claiming that it fails to do action and humor on an objective level is just wrong.

>Hell the entire hulk fight planet detour was Thor learning to be more then just muscle and hammer.
Also the first two Thor movies. You see, these films are all episodic. All the lessons learned are later forgotten, so they can learn those lessons all over again.