Honestly, the only good adaptation

Heck, even Alan Moore liked it.

The show got better after season 2

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20090724093555/timesonline.typepad.com/blockbuster_buzz/2009/07/dave-gibbons-talks-about-the-watchmen-dvd-and-staying-out-of-the-water.html
web.archive.org/web/20160209084513/http://www.comicscontinuum.com:80/stories/0408/05/
youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

better than the comics, that's for sure

I love the episode when Dr. Manhattan give free puppies to all kids on NYC, also the episode when Rosh dance with all the girls and take care of all puppies!, I miss that show too much, thanks user!

The anti-drug episode is my favorite

Season 1 or 2?

The episode where the comedian spent the entire episode trying to kiss silk spectre in a wacky cartoon chase was weird. She ran from him the entire episode yet at the end she voluntarily kisses him on the cheek anyway. Why run from him in the first place?

I found that pretty weird tho'

Also, the comedian is old enough to be Silk Specter's father

Cute & Perfect!

I miss Rorschach's Poetry Corner. He could sling a haiku that really mage ya think. His stream of consciousness rambles got to be a bit much once he got beyond a minute. They needed to keep the spot down to 30 seconds. Still, when they tried to replace it with "Cooking With Rorschach" and "Grooming Your Puppy", the audience raised holy hell.

*made

fml

oh, anyone remember about the time Rorchach saved that girl from the burning building, that was really heroic

Come on user!, the friendship between Rorschach and the black Cheff was amazing!

Gonna be completely honest, in the revamp in the 90s, I wasn't a fan of Rorshachs voice recast

Came on too strong.

It took some getting used to, the new actor wasn't as good as the 80's one at switching between Walter's and Rorschach's voices, at least not at first.

I always loved Night Owl. He was like Leonardo mixed with Michaelangelo. Serious bro-tier leader.

>even Alan Moore liked it
People keep repeating this lie. Dave Gibbons said he liked it, not Alan Moore. The only adaptation that Moore personally approved of was JL's "For The Man Who Has Everything"

So is Alan Moore liking Saturday Morning Watchmen a meme or has he actually seen it?

He's seen every episode and even made an edgy comic adaption

Like said, it's a misattribution. Dave Gibbons (Watchmen's artist) said he loved it in an interview about Snyder's movie and people kept conflating it to Moore.

>Gibbons: Well, I don’t know….I liked the Sam Hamm script too, at the time. I didn’t like what they did to the ending, which was to leave it open for a possible sequel so I went in and changed that so that it was truer to the original. The thing is, Watchmen worked as a graphic novel. We didn’t need a movie. When it looked like we were getting one all I cared about was that we didn’t get a movie that devalued what Alan and I had done in print

>But you have seen Saturday Morning Watchmen haven’t you?

>Gibbons: Yes! I loved it. The thing is, obviously they’re having fun with it but the way it was done, you know that the person really cared about what they were doing…really knew Watchmen in detail

web.archive.org/web/20090724093555/timesonline.typepad.com/blockbuster_buzz/2009/07/dave-gibbons-talks-about-the-watchmen-dvd-and-staying-out-of-the-water.html

Did Dr. Manhattan ever actually turn into a car in the show?

That last one is just a commonly accepted rumor too.

But it has a source:

I'm talking about Alan Moore approving the JLU episode.

Alan Moore never said he liked the episode, but he did at least give them his approval to do it, which is more than you can say for any other adaptation.

>Timm: "I wasn't going to do the show if he wasn't comfortable with us doing it, And he said, 'Oh yes, I would be honored if you would adapt that for your show.'"

web.archive.org/web/20160209084513/http://www.comicscontinuum.com:80/stories/0408/05/

My favorite episode by far was

S1E8 - "Bean Juice" - I loved the parallel of Dan's watch not working all the time, and him asking Laurie for help since Jon has a history in timekeeping. Laurie just blew on it and got his clock going strong again. Also Rorschach making his new home in the old bean factory, and having a party to celebrate, but poor Molloch, the magician Rorschach booked got stuck in the elevator!

I don't usually like 'very special episodes', but the episode with Rorschach and his mom fighting really hit home. Emotional abuse is a terrible thing, and you should always tell a teacher or authority figure! I'm glad they made up in the end though.

I think the opening is the only "funny" thing on youtube that ever made me laugh out loud. It's just so goddamn hilarious

Was there a CGI sequel or something in the 00s with Superman in it or something? I'm almost sure I remember it but I haven't heard anyone talk about it ever.

Remember the episode when he gives the coolest party ever?, he was so brave and manly, but he always says "Friends over cooties"

Yes, season 2 episode 5 "Love from Vietnam to Mars"

Season 1 felt more genuine, but I'd be lying if I said "the Dealer" didn't make season 2's iconic

Oh yeah!, I remember!

The episode where Doctor Manhattan teaches Rorschach not to tattle on Ozymandias was pretty fun

What, you got a problem with older man and younger woman couples? Honestly, you make it seem like he actually IS her father.

Is there any truth to the rumour that that episode inspired Ikuhara to have Utena and Anthy turn into cars in Adolescence of Utena?

>This show had 5 seasons
there truly is a god, and he loves us.

I still can’t believe there was an episode about aids loooool

I mean, if you infer aids from 'cooties', I guess

This. It wasn't like that Captain Planet episode.

Everyone seems to prefers the earlier seasons but my favourite is the fourth, if just for the one-hour finale, with the watchmens from alternate realities.

and the genderbend episode hnnng

They would NEVER be allowed to do Lady Doc Manhattan today! I'm still impressed they got away with it back then.

Anything to get Alan Moore's stamp of approval, back then. Hell, i'm sure if wanted he could get us the show back on air.

yeah they made 13 episodes but only aired 5 of them
They shoehorned in JLA references but i dont think they actually appeared

season 4

Anybody have the screenshots of the season 3 finale reaction thread? Good times.

The shoe. He fucking threw the shoe?!?

I know about that rumor, I guess is true, age, colors, and car model match...140% sure

I know some people don't like season 3 making Comedian the buttmonkey but that was a classic gag.

>Rorschach being chased by Reds with the detonator stuffed into his shoe
>about to get tackled by the Reds
>throws the shoe to Comedian
>Comedian catches, and whips it into the face of one of the guards

It still makes me giggle

fuck off.

>implying anything post-season 3 is worth its weight in shit

Oh fuck off Ozyfag

Does anyone have the synopsis or the script for the lost episode that never got made? I hear the voice actors recorded lines. I think they directly talk about how communism could be a good thing in the right hands or something.

Honestly I think Season 2 was the best season of this show.

Season 1 had too many dragging their feet episodes. Bunch of villains that were dispatched the episode they appeared and plots with some really weird and bad pacing.

Season 3 was fine mostly but we started to see some cracks when the Junior Watchmen were introduced midway. Like why the fuck do I wanna watch an episode that's half about these stupid fuck kids who just fight some D tier villain?

And then Season 4 and 5 were just a train wreck through and through.

Season 2 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Season 4

I love the inocence and fun of this cartoon, remember how Dr. Manhattan and The Comedian always laugth on the end :)?

I dunno man this show had some dark moments.

Like remember when Comedian shot a pregnant woman with a stun laser so Doctor Manhattan could teleport her away?

And Manhattan was all like "Are you sure that's safe?"

And Comedian just shrugged and went "I dunno man! I'm leaving this to you!"

Not the same user, but I remember it was a two part episode, the pregnant woman was teletransported to a baby shower party!, so much fun!

The Comedienne is best girl

I liked the Super-friends crossover episodes

That was just one of those lame anti-drug PSA 'edutainment' things. Even the animation was half-assed.

No fucking way thats when they changed the character models and eveything looked so cheap!

Not even posting the link.
youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Thanks but is NOT necessary...Everyone loves this cartoon

They didn't interact with each other as much as with the rest, but Rorschach and Doc's friendship was one of the greatest I've seen in fiction.