Mister Miracle #5 Storytime

Scott and Barda, sitting in a tree.
E S C A P I N G

Time to earn that Mature rating...

Got me this time Norrin, haha

Does that count as breaking the fourth wall?

kek

That is comedy

Jesus Freeman

Just when you think it can't get any worse.

Thanks for reading.

Support the official release at your Local Comic Shop.

Action Comics: Detective Comics: Hal Jordan & the GLC: JLA: Red Hood: Titans: Wonder Woman:

I'd say this is the best issue so far because if you didn't know anything about the rest of the story it sorta works.

Nice

Next month, the conclusion to the first arc!

I stayed up all night for this chance, and it paid off. While you've been less enthused by this series, I subscribe to the Batmite theory of alternate character interpretation and am more forgiving of the characterization.

If you have an Amazon wishlist, I'd be happy to try to send something your way.

Merry Christmas!

It's not the alternate characterization in of itself, it's just that I find the execution of those characterizations and of the premise incredibly bland.

Glad it paid off though. I'll be getting the next one though. That's for sure.

Page of the year contender!

that is sexy, can I get an uncensored version

Brutal

Yeah I guess if you like obvious crucifix poses coupled with cutesy cock shots and know nothing about comics.

aww

Why does his shirt change from red to blue?

This is shit

Descartes' proof of God was the worst jumping of logic he ever did. It's complete disconnected conjecture bullshit

Scott can't into philosophy 101

it was just one page

haha oh well, king haters are really something sad

Based Barda

This was the most depressing issue of all. Also the most heart warming at the same time. So far my fav from this run

>being this defensive

>I subscribe to the Batmite theory of alternate character interpretation and am more forgiving of the characterization
wait, what is the problem people have with the characterization? everything seems in character to me?

Thank Norrin. I feel bad for waiting on the trade, but ehhhh

This shit makes me feel real sad. Hurry up an escape this ridiculous situation already.
>finish having sex
>Darkseid is
And this is just disturbing. Nobody wants to be reminded of Darkseid in a situation like that.

Why is he awkwardly touching his nipples in the last panel?

The Adventures of Scott Ree!!

I've been reading the original Kirby run alongside this series and I think people are giving King too much shit. Scott and Barda are absolutely in character, just in sadder circumstances. Maybe the comic isn't what you wanted it to be, but it's not bad by any means. Instead of references to Shakespeare and Oliver Twist, King is referencing Descartes and Kirby's Mister Miracle itself. No less valid, just aimed in a different direction.

>Because you can't doubt you're doubting, because you're doubting.
No we get the references, it's just that they're lazily conceived and terribly written. Having New Gods talking about pooping and using their Mother Boxes to check the traffic isn't all that clever of a subversion, and in the context of the attempted philosophical meditation on suicide and God just fails completely, especially when said philosophy is just as rote and twee.

This is kinda messed up.

>No we get the references
If you're stopping at "oh it's just a reference" than I really don't think you do.

Not technically, no. But it's close enough

What about my comment makes you think that I'm stopping at just highlighting the references? What about Tom King sitting on a beach clumsily vomiting his way through Philosophy 101 do you think is so subtle and effective that I am incapable of understanding?

Is this a new thing for Boom Tubes/motherboxes? I'm pretty sure Cyborg has used boom tubes to get around on Earth a couple of times

Yeah that's a new thing. Rereading those panels and it's honestly nonsense.

>So if you throw out God, then you throw out you
>Without god, I don't exist

False. Descartes' theory about God was proven wrong because it was based on mere association and doesn't include other cultures perspectives on God (which is understandable).
"I think, therefore I am" means that all definitions of our surroundings are based on our ability to distinguish them, mainly using our senses and language. We know we "are" because we know what "being" is.

Therefore, "God" exists only because you have distinguished "God" from other things and gave it a name. In other words, "God" exists only because you allow it to. (Note that I'm taking the word God as an example, not preaching atheism).

TL;DR: You're full of shit Scott

Let’s see how well you do waiting to die leaned up against Big Barda, user.

>this mad about good comics
I'd hate to see you read a bad one lol.

Better than whipping it out in front of Barda

That's a deceptive use of "we" there friend. I think your main problem is that you think this book is trying to be smarter than you.
>Having New Gods talking about pooping and using their Mother Boxes to check the traffic isn't all that clever of a subversion.
>especially when said philosophy is just as rote and twee.
My advice is to quit projecting your insecurities onto this book.

This and the first issue are the only Ines I liked and even still they have problems like this pretentious bit
But it was well paced

Going a lil heavy on the religious allegory.

I don't think he's really talking about if god exists or not he's talking about not committing suicide, choosing the good of life and existing.

>What about my comment makes you think that I'm stopping at just highlighting the references?
>no we get the reference
Well it's the only thing you can talk about. It seems like your only understanding of these scenes is that it's referencing a well known philosopher.

>not muh Orion
>not muh Lightray

>What about Tom King sitting on a beach clumsily vomiting his way through Philosophy 101 do you think is so subtle and effective that I am incapable of understanding?
See you're still projecting, "King thinks I'm dumb so he hates comics and hates Jack Kirby"

You're starting to repeat yourself while demonstrating a fundamental lack of reading comprehension. Tom King, is that you?

I just think Mr, Miracle is a fun little comic book. Haters need to take a chill pill.

I'm only repeating myself because you are repeating yourself.

Mister Miracle and Big Barda as a fish out of water couple in the suburbs is not an original idea, and it is being executed in the most obvious and clumsy manner here. I'm not saying King thinks I'm dumb, I'm saying that King himself is dumb despite his superficial attempts at literary depth, e.g. having his mouthpiece sit on a beach and talk about philosophy. You are the one projecting insecurities instead of discussing the text.

Do you understand what "get the reference" means? It's a pretty simple term.

This. Kirby's Miracle whole deal was that he rejected the New Gods in favor of finding himself so King's naval gazing is actually pretty fitting for Mister Miracle.

>Mister Miracle and Big Barda as a fish out of water couple in the suburbs is not an original idea, and it is being executed in the most obvious and clumsy manner here.

How is it any clumsier than the dozens of times other writers have done the same fucking thing? You're projecting your hate if King so hard you're grasping at straws to shit on him.

>What about my comment makes you think that I'm stopping at just highlighting the references?

>Do you understand what "get the reference" means? It's a pretty simple term.

Why don't you elaborate on them then, big boy?

No grasping at straws is arguing that since other authors have done something terrible then it's suddenly immune from criticism. And projecting is elevating shitty source material in your mind because it has the hallmarks of depth while being unable to actually discuss it substantially.

>Tom King, is that you?
>I'm only repeating myself because you are repeating yourself.
Straight out if a King comic

I honestly don't know where you going with this?
>it's a simple term
But what are you trying to say?

Well, what is Tom King trying to say?

Mister Miracle is a complex interesting read. I don't know why people are hating on it.

>Mister Miracle is a complex interesting read
Elaborate.

That I understand the reference, not just that it is a reference but what it is referencing, and also that the way it is presented makes it basically impossible not to. So that guy is an idiot.

I can't tell if this is throwing shade at Stan or not. King is such a fanboy it shouldn't be, but I'm reading it as that.

There's nothing to elaborate on because the scene is that straightforward.
>Scott is being existential.

Still a surface level detail.

I am fully engaged to the characters and what happens to them.

That's exactly my fucking point.

King has been so fucking obvious with every aspect of this series since the first issue, and this has them visiting Kirby stuff and giving Oberon Kirby's last name.

OF COURSE it's throwing shade at Stan.

>We never really need the funky flashman
Yup, this sure seems like a giant stab at Stan being a greedy goblin that did nothing.

It's called honoring Kirby's legacy you fuckwit. Based King doing what's right.

Well duh. I just didn't expect honoring Kirby came with brutally murdering Stan. I'm all for it. Love the King and hate the Vampire.

This is the equivalent of
>the writing is good, the art is good, the pacing is nice
or
>the story is good, the acting is good, the soundtrack is good
It's all just shallow praise. Make me understand why you find this interesting, or better yet, help me understand why this is complex.

Don't try to apply things from this book to canon DC, remember in canon DC Scott and Barda are still dead, Highfather is alive and Orion is still a good guy.

Actually no it's not.