Runaways #4 Storytime

Haha time for MOLLY

thanks user. Liking this series

And the tv show was good until this episode when it was shown the Pride aren't villains at all, and the Gibberon tricked them into this deal. Also, gave the Minrou the staff that is technology with no limitations

So Molly has a Yugioh collection composed entirely of Normal monsters?

>Carol socks
Molly has good taste.

Maybe she sorts them by type of card

Molly has turned into an Anime character.

Seems like a pretty Molly-move, desu senpai.

I'm waiting until the whole series is out to just binge it, so I'm not going to check that spoiler. Good to hear that the show is good until *thing happens that makes it not good* at least.

>calling her Mollina
>stealing mutant DNA

Villain confirmed

They're actually Pokémon cards, that's probably the section where she keeps all of her Electric types. Or maybe I'm giving the colorist too much credit.

So what Manga does Molly read?

Berserk and Galko

ho boy, incest confirmed. Marvel's riding that hard lately.

Gert is pussy whipped

You'd think the Runaways would know better by now...

Remember, if you liked the comic then support the official release. I was hesitant at first, but heavy decompression aside, I'm really liking this run. The writer clearly gets all the characters and has a great grasp on their voices.

If I were Gert I would ask
>How come you didn't reach out to Molly sooner? Like when we were taken by the authorities to different foster homes and Molly was placed in some X-Corporation facility for mutants? How come you didn't ask for custody?

I forget, did Molly ever interact with the Power Pack?

At this point, it would be a bigger twist if Granny WASN'T evil.

The only good one Bondage Faries

>inb4 Molly and her parents aren't natural mutants but were experimented on by Dr. Hayes

k, that was touching. I was worried how Molly was going to be written but that was nice

Wasn't there a page in BKV's run where Molly said that Pokemon "is so like 5 years ago"? Wish I knew when that was.

Molly might still be a natural mutant, but her parents are definitely experiments. It was always weird that they had the same powers with the same exact power signature. Now knowing that they grew up in the same house, the dad was a "stray" that grandma over here took in, her being a geneticist, and the fact that all the "stray" cats she's took in also have the same power signature as Molly's parents all kinda adds up to Molly's parents having gotten their powers by Dr. Hayes' experiments.

Of course, since Molly wasn't experimented on her and her powers are different from her parents, it's possible that she's still just a natural born mutant.

Karolina is dating Julie
But I don't think the Power Pack have really operated as a group in years

Pokemon Fever comes in cycles, user.

Jesus, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am so glad Kris Anka is doing this. That group shot is amazing and Old Lace is perfect

STOP bullying Victor.

So how long till they finally deal with "you know who" and Zemo?

That's not something that can be just swept under the rug.

His Captain Marvel was great too.

Anka is great when his heart is in it. He's clearly putting in the effort here. Plus the Runaways are more suited to his art style. His specialties are varying fashion, beefcake and flat chests. This has a lot of the first and third.

By you know who you mean Alex Wilder,
right? Yeah, that's probably gonna be adressed later.
Zemo though, he can be swept under the rug quite easily. Nobody cares.

They aren't superheroing right now so they have no reason to go after Alex, its not like he's broadcasting where he is

And they can probably leave Zemo to Captain America

Zemo can totally be swept under the rug. Alex? Not so much. When asked, the writer said she wasn't using Alex because he was currently being used as the villain in Power Man and Iron Fist, but that book isn't around anymore.

Of course, the Runaways are all still on the west coast while Alex is operating out of Harlem now, so logically there's no reason for them to just run into him unless they actively go looking for him.

The show is good. I like that some of the Pride are more into it than the others.

And Tina Minoru is hot as fuck.

I hope that, if this run has enough interest for a second series, they do address Alex being back though.

And what about Zemo? I forgot what happened there.

Chase and Nico worked for his Masters of Evil for a few months in Avengers Undercover

They were trying to bring down his operation and succeeded in taking down Bagalia but he escaped

Yeah, I feel like there's some good drama waiting with the fact that Alex was brought back to life before Gert.

Oh, Avengers Undercover?
Honestly... who gives a fuck? Ignore all the Hopeless stuff as much as possible.

I say at least explain what happened to the arm.
Or why Nico's staff has reverted to its original form and isn't at least in Witchbreaker mode

>I say at least explain what happened to the arm.
honestly, no one cares. They tried it out in A-Force and no one cared that it wasn't explained. So Marvel just ran with it

>Chase doesn't have powers either
>Of course he does, he's--I mean...
What did she mean by this?
Does she know something we don't about Chase?

She had the arm in A-Force. She just wasn't using it for magic

Is the Runaways Hulu series any good so far?

And nice thighs

oh boy cant wait to turn Molly into a NOTMUTANT.

did she in the main one? I must be thinking secret Wars then

Yeah, I would assume he's probably some kinda low-level technopath. Despite being kinda dumb and having no engineering knowledge, he was able to upgrade and fix the Leapfrog and the fistigons.

Victor's death in vision was a pretty important and emotional moment, but I guess death isn't really important in comics, least of all for a robot.

Yes, you should check it out.

Gert turned into a cunt.

Hah! Just kidding. Gert was always a cunt. Why the fuck didn't she stay dead.

bump

Adults not being as evil and the rest of the runaways not having a similar mindset makes Gert's shit stand out. I don't recall disliking her but now shit.

>Radio Shack
I'd love it so much if the plot twist turns out that he wasn't actually at Radio Shack. The old woman just named the place without realizing how few of them were still around and Gert didn't notice because she wasn't around the past few years.

>oh boy cant wait to turn Molly into a NOTMUTANT.

no need for that anymore, though!

Did they ever in the entire original run refer to themselves as The Runaways? Also, Chase should only be 20 and Gert 16. It's not a huge age gap. The art is shit as well. Nico looks like a boy.

>Also, Chase should only be 20 and Gert 16. It's not a huge age gap.
I'm pretty sure they had that discussion in the last issue. Chase didn't seem to think it was a big deal, but Gert did. (although she was probably more pissy about the fact that he was five years older than she remembered than the age gap)

>It's not a huge age gap
I mean, yes, 4 years isn't a huge age gap when you're an adult. It IS a huge age gap when you're 16 though.

>5 years
Only 2, but as she said, she already thought he was a bit older for her when she was 16 and he was 18. Now him being 20 and her still being 16 just doubled that weirdness.

>Did they ever in the entire original run refer to themselves as The Runaways?

Yeah, I don't have it handy but there's a panel where they use it as their battle cry, Runaways, runaway

>I'd love it so much if the plot twist turns out that he wasn't actually at Radio Shack.
There are only 28 Radio Shack stores left; most of them have long since closed.

Seems like a lie an old person would say, remembering a time when Radio Shack stores were everywhere.

Everything about this run is fucking great so far.

>Xavin finally escapes being a war prisoner and is thrilled to see Karolina again
>only to find out that the girl he gave up his freedom for ended up moving on pretty quickly and has a girlfriend now
What are the odds this happens?

Not gonna lie, I teared up when I read this. Victor was my favorite Runaway and it’s been so long since he’s been well written(with the exclusion of the Vision where he fucking dies). So good to have him back, and seeing him joking and smiling with Molly just felt so good.

operation "let's play dead until Molly has to change clothes"
>statut: failed

>Nico looks like a boy.
You fap to too many traps

>You fap to too many traps
Literally impossible.

I'll admit I was one of those who called bullshit, ruined forever and trainwreck the moment this book was announced, but this writer has done it. She has managed to write an awesome book. A great story that isn't just an excuse to please the bosses (I can't believe I lived to see the day a synergy decision came out organically instead of completely forced). The way she uses decompression is perfect. The story feels like it's moving ahead despite the slow pace and, much better, it's helping to flesh out the characterization and growth of the characters. That's unheard of maybe since Bendis very early days. Best part is, the writer doesn't shy away from using every single bit of continuity she can get her hands off, but at the same time, the continuity doesn't get in the way of the story one bit. If an inexperienced writer like her can find that perfect balance, then supposed pros like Bendis don't have any excuse.

Well done Ms. Rowell, you have earned my respect for pulling this off so well.

First issue was completely shaky and garbage
it did got better.

>inexperienced writer
While I have never read any of her books, she is an established YA novelist so it's not like she's totally new to writing. Of course, the vast majority of YA novelist they've gotten to try and make the jump to comics have been hot trash, so it's not like being able to write prose makes you able to write a comic. Rowell is more the exception in that case.

I totally agree either way though. I was super hesitant and went in expecting to hate this, but it's turned out way better than expected.

>Molly is a weeb now
Burn her down.

>Burn her down.
calm down seth rollins

I've definitely been pleasantly surprised by this run. If BKV isn't coming back, Rainbow Rowell is the next best thing.

The Alex Wilder running around now is a demon summoned by Daimon Hellstrom with Alex's memories.

It would explain why Alex is explicitly evil now instead of a villain with semi-good intentions.

Is she 16? I thought she was 15.

I miss the lesbian alien.

Could someone possibly storytime issues 2 and 3? I haven’t read them yet and I’m not finding them in the archive

Chase is a pretty slick husbando.

Man I've gotta say Gert written as "a few years more immature than she should be" here and Nico's just fucking love and appreciation and being pleased for Molly being a kid here are really, really good. Rowell has done good by the Runaways.

What the fuck happened to Klara?

Disney/Marvel will get the X-Men rights back. No shitting on mutants and origin changing mutants into something else.