Why must every main character in a cartoon have a love interest? Why can't shows just focus on a interesting plot...

Why must every main character in a cartoon have a love interest? Why can't shows just focus on a interesting plot, and let the shippers write the romance in their shitty fanfics?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangafox.la/manga/drifting_classroom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tis human to love, user.

Does it hurt you to see romance?

Because most people have love interests during their life, even if they give it no real thought the need for warm is not only human but biological. Humans have perfected it and thus specified it but the central point stands.
Also because it makes me feel all loveydovey inside and I like that.

Wander Over Yonder didn't have this (aside from Hater's one sided crush) and it was pretty awesome.

Because everyone likes that shit and cartoons are commercial products that have to appeal to many people so they can make money

It's an easy way to get kids invested in your show.

>Also because it makes me feel all loveydovey inside and I like that.
me too, I like when the obvious pairings happen and there's a happy ending

Does it bother you to see people have normal human relationships user?

Because it was done by hacks
>dammm i don't know what more to do
>i know! Shipping drama!!!

Why do people have love interrests? Why can't we all just focus on doing interresting things like traveling and studying?

>Why must every main character in a cartoon have a love interest?
>star vs
Because you buy into that shit instead of watching good quality cartoons

Love is a normal, common human feeling. It's not just cartoons that feature it, tons of songs, shows, movies, etc. have romantic elements. It's just a part of life.

Star is for cucking.

Who cares if it's a normal thing for people to do, so are shitting and fucking but cartoon main characters can't do those on screen

Because romance is part of the life?

I swear I saw this exact thread a week ago

In shounen anime/manga, the main character will have a crush, but the story doesn't dwell on a tedious romantic subplot. I'm just wondering why more cartoons aren't like that? Even ATLA didn't let romance over take the story, but nowadays it seems writers like to inject relationship drama in the story.

That's why One Piece is one of the greatest things ever, there's no romance within the main cast except as a joke for Sanji. Without this shit Oda focuses on the actual fun stuff

>so are shitting and fucking
Well, it's a children's/teenager's show, can't show someone having sex, same with shitting. Not to mention both those things are generally unpleasant to watch. Romance however is something that actually creates a feeling of joy (rather than someone like sex with creates a feeling of arousal and lust, and shitting which creates a feeling of disgust) that sits perfectly well with other story elements like success and fulfillment, relationships are as much of an end goal for people as those things, and in fact, healthy relationships are the number one factor in long-term human happiness.

Most cartoons aren't shonen manga/anime, they're usually comedies and dramas, which might be a bad thing, sure, but the fact is western cartoons don't dwell any more on romance than comparable anime, and they do it with less fan-service.
>Action manga is completely comparable to the comedy disney cartoon
>Cherrypicking one manga
Wew fucking lad

>Action manga is completely comparable to the comedy disney cartoon
When the subject at matter is "having romance or not" it is comparable fuck face, Spongebob is a comedy cartoon and there's no romance subplot except of isolated episodes
>Cherrypicking one manga
Cherrypicking? I'm just talking about One Piece, learn how to read

>In shounen anime/manga, the main character will have a crush, but the story doesn't dwell on a tedious romantic subplot.

yeah but in that case they are doing it because japs are as beta as they come, so they would not related to a male lead having an active sex life.

I disagree, if you don't like volumes and volumes of fight scenes, One Piece doesn't have much to offer you

>Not liking fighting apenas
Wew what a little faggot

*fighting scenes
Auto correct I tell you hwhat

No that feeling is called lust not love you retard. Big difference between "Oh god I wanna suck his cock" and "Ill give anything to just be with him"

Platonic > Romantic, period.

I dropped Star Vs because of too much romance focus

When I was a kid I didn't like romance plots much, and I'm not sure if other kids did. So I don't get why it's pushed if kids are indifferent towards it.

Star vs is a girl's show

The writers like romance and the kids either like it too or are fine tolerating it. No one is changing the channel because of romance. Hell, shows that normally don't focus on romance can bait viewers in by pretending they are like when Spongebob had decieving commercials with Spongebob and Sandy.

Shipping is the enemy. All this nonsense emphasis on love interests and romance does nothing but turn our youth into delusional women and weak men. It's what turns LGBT fiction into drivel instead of the empowering revolutionary work it seeks to be.

>When the subject at matter is "having romance or not" it is comparable fuck face
Yes, it is completely reason to compare tell-tale heart to Seinfeld, because the subject is having romance or not, this totally makes sense.
>Spongebob is a comedy cartoon
Learn to read, what I said was >western cartoons don't dwell any more on romance than comparable anime

All part of the CAL arts package
>shitty forced or cringy love story or triangle
>talking inanimate objects
>"MAH lore" or deep symbolism that's never touched on again
Should make a collage with all this stuff

When we talk in proportion the most part of the stories of all the times have a romantic subplot even if this is really little subplot. Many times it's incorporated to the story to explain the point of view of the writer about the romance, sometimes the writer wanted include a romantic couple in the story because he enjoys write about it, and sometimes it's included because hey "It's our hero and people need to want be like him and who don't want a beautiful girl".

Charles Schultz most brilliant comedy is about couples and matrimonial jokes, in his case it was his strong side.

In the most part of the cartoons the romance is just a cliche something like "We haven't included a romantic episode in this cartoon" and if the show is oriented to the teenagers they included it to be more popular because teenagers like relationships. Honestly the cartoons never represent correctly the romance or a romantic relationship and I just can think in two good examples even when there are hundreds of cartoons, but being honest Cartoons wasn't supposed to be a serious media.

No, in fact One Peace is green trash and it's considered like that for other mangakas. There is nothing wrong with the romance even the greatest mangas have it in them. Have you ever read Umezu's work?

>Spongebob is a comedy cartoon and there's no romance subplot except of isolated episodes

But Spongebob has a crush in Sandy (and it's canon), it's just camouflaged with innocent words like "Oh no Sandy is with them... she prefers be with Larry... I lost my best friend" this expression is very used by cartoonish to disguise with innocence the romantic interests of the protagonists.

Sometimes Shounen fighting scenes can be very boring specially when it takes volumes and volumes.

There is nothing wrong with romance, this generation is just very retarded.

What the fuck are you talking about? OP asked why all cartoons these days need a romantic subplot and I said One Piece is one of the gratest thing ever made because it doesn't have romance. At no point I claimed it to be better than Star vs(which it probably is, but I never watched it so I'll refrain from talking about it). Also, while One Piece does address some deeper themes it's not the entirety of it and it's essentially a kid's show/comic, this doesn't make it less good tho
>Learn to read, what I said was >western cartoons don't dwell any more on romance than comparable anime
Why would I read this shit? It wasn't replyed to me then why should I care?

The thing is, One Piece's fighting scenes are actually unique and creative, It's like a action packed Looney Tunes

this unironically

Shonen manga/anime can be comedies and dramas and theyre often comedies.

Multireply posters are cancer

They arent putting it in for the kids

Most capeshit cartoons avoid romance, or it's not as big of a factor.

Also, Voltron is devoid of romance beyond Lance's crush on Allura, and that's played off as comic relief.

In Static Shock the network didnt want Virgil to have any romance at all

>Hater getting an entire season's worth of buildup into being fucking emotionally slaughtered was awesome

Yeah nice one user

Lol triggered virgin.

Weeb faggot.

Anime website

No, most popular website of these times and with a ton of different boards for different things, not weeb shit.

>Green Trash
?

Romance is boring

they are putting it in for the neckbeards

Neckbeards don't want romance, just sex.

neckbeards wouldn't even know ho to romance. They can't look chicks in the eye.

anime website

Nope. May have started like that, but today, each board has it's own personality and weeb shit is Sup Forums and the like, faggot. No wonder you'll never get laid.

neckbeards eventually become gay and start dating other neckbeards, chicks are unnecessary

anime website

But the lack of it doesn't make it better. One Piece is just a trash product without nothing really deep in it and the other mangakas know it.

And Romance isn't a bad thing just like manga or cartoon aren't a bad thing there is just a bad execution and a bad romantic story but just like any other human expression romance can be other form of art. In Elijah wood's words:

"The characters and their relationships are the most important part of Over The Garden Wall but The relationship that I found more fascinating is Wirt and Beatrice, because you can see how it change with the time and how it grows and it happens in only ten episodes and that's somekind of art." -Elijah Wood

Whoa they fight like looney tunes, cool! I always wanted to see my characters figthing like looney tunes, but I think that kids will appreciate it more.

>2013
>thinking the site and the userbase didn't evolve beyond you weeb pieces of shit

No wondeer you're a weaboo, you're dumb as fuck.

It does tho. As I said it is boring and bit having it gives us more time for actual fun stuff. Stop talking like just because someone is also a mangaka their opinion is worth any more shit, btw

Except this show is nothing like how I described. The characters just happen to be based on Looney Tunes and the rest is generic as they come

anime website

>Talking like 2013 was a long time ago
Found the newfag

It was pretty funny, though.

Name one cartoon that handled romance so well that it's worthy of being praised.

c'mon mate, this is fake

atla was salright

>As I said it is boring and bit having it gives us more time for actual fun stuff

How old are you? Romance almost never is a hindrance to the story you are thinking in Star Vs and generalizing taken it as a base. And Star dedicates so much time to the ships because it is a cheap teenager drama story.

>Except this show is nothing like how I described

Yeah but the point is still there, it's dumb try to take One Piece's character seriously if they are doing looney tunes things all the time. Truth be say It's an anime for little kids.

Here is a good manga: mangafox.la/manga/drifting_classroom/

The love triangle drama is the least interesting part of Star VS though. Its not even as good as your run of the mill telanovela. Starco itself was interesting just to see two friends slowly fall in love with eachother, but Kelco and Tomstar are just dull and dishonest writing and it comes in at the point where the show had fully moved to Mewni and brings up much more interesting things.
Mewnis history, monster society, the true nature of Glossaryck and magic, and the backstories of Eclipsa, Meteora, Septarians, and the Avariuses are all more interesting than whatever the fuck is going on with Star's crushes. It just seems in the way

>Mewnis history, monster society, the true nature of Glossaryck and magic, and the backstories of Eclipsa, Meteora, Septarians, and the Avariuses
Yes. Please, Daron, i'm so deprived of such stuff. I need Star exploring the past and/or the cool magic stuff, not being involved in the relationship bullshit.

I'm not talking about Star Vs, I never even watched it
Why should I take them seriously? I find the One Piece cast amusing and that's all they need to be

>Truth be say It's an anime for little kids.
"little" kids is too much, but It's certainly for kids but as I said here this doesn't make it any less good

But like isn't what is cool about it the mystery?

>t. NOT!DaronNefcy

>Voltron is devoid of romance beyond Lance's crush on Allura
Allura has a crush on Keith instead.

I like to theorize about the connections, sure. But i also wish i knew more about fictional universe i for some reason like.

>anime/manga

Stop. Anime has a different problem. In anime the female character who excels in abusing the main male lead is the one who gets him. It's why I hated the ending of Full Metal Alchemist. How do you know a male character will fall in love with a female? If she injures him for the sake of "comedy" bonus if he's hurt bad enough he's drowning in a pool of his own blood. That's a red flag that said female is the "soul mate." Fuck that shit to hell.

Starco never was interesting by me, it was just the obligated ship (I don't like Marco exgirlfriend neither), I just can consider interesting a romantic ship when it makes sense that they like each other for concrete reason behind of "we are best friends". It was never a very worked romance.

The problem with Star vs is that you were waiting for a BIG lore and deep story when it's clear that this is more focused in a teenager drama. When something important happen in this show it's just an excuse to an "Whoa something serious is happening" subplot that will be easily resolved. You mistook this show.

Still I can understand why you dislike the romantic focus in this story.

Ok you like it, I get it and that's ok but It's a cheap work when you compare it with others mangas and the proof is that you can't take it seriously. It's completely childish and it's clear that It is the little kids entertainment of Japan.

I honestly can't describe how much this picture infuriates me. Someone about a teenage cunt being pretentious enough to say 'well' when ok or alright would suffice. Then going on to ask about 'brain damage' like she knows what that even entails. Combined with the stupid derpy chipmunk face, post-weeb animu tripping bawls eyes, completely inexpressive face, bikini that has to match her retarded hair color, shitty lens flare filter even though the art is supposed to be minimal, god no wonder I've avoided this media. I can't believe this shit got so big.

The three worst things in all of modern cartoons:
>Waifufags
>Shippingfuckers
>Fujoshis

You can whine about Calarts and shit all you want, and while you're not wrong about the shitty artstyle or anything we need to start persecuting the real enemy from which everything else bad is enabled.

>In shounen anime/manga
Thats your fucking probelem you mong. Shounen isnt meant to have love shit.

No it fucking isn't, just because it's cartoony and wacky doesn't make it cheap, the anime might be for other reasons, but not the manga. Here's Vagabond, another great manga I follow with no romantic subplot, if you can't get past One Piece's style. Stop acting like a 2deep4u hipster

>Ok you like it, I get it and that's ok
You shut your whore mouth, you're the one who needs validation from other people to enjoy things

Cool pasta

Almost got caught by the Sup Forums boarder control
Here are your dubs

Very nice

Thank you for your service.

>another great manga I follow with no romantic subplot,

What are you trying to demostrate? I already explained you that a work without romance desn't win extra points just by that. It's a neutral just neutral it doesn't make it better.

Then if you read Vagabond you will notice that One Piece doesn't have nothing serious or specially worked in it so it's cheap product diriged to the little kids. Sometimes we like bad things and there is nothing wrong if we like it but the best is recognize when you are enjoying a bad product and say "I like it but I know that it's dump".

>You shut your whore mouth, you're the one who needs validation from other people to enjoy things

Shh... don't cry baby, I said that there is nothing wrong if you like trash, you don't need to explode or kick around you are fine baby don't cry.

I bet you didn't even know who Moot was.
Quick, what's Moot's waifu.

Stars a shit, janna is best girl. She's the the best and the cutest

>Romance is part of life
Not yours though bucko.

Bullshit, Star VS was never sold as a teenage drama it was sold as a fun action adventure cartoon. The teenage drama segments are objectively the weakest elements.

Because if they don't angry mentally unstable 14 to 25 yr old retards from tumblr and twitter will harass them and dox them non stop until they get their own way.

Shipping is cancer in star vs, especially starco, the cancer killing star vs

So people who will never experience love in real life can live vicariously through the show.

And I already said that by not wasting time with romance we can have more of actual good stuff, so yeah, not having romance actually makes it better

>Because it isn't some pretentious hipster bullshit It means it's dumb xD
Yeah, if fun and actually unique fights is not what makes an action comedy manga good, then I must have been reading manga wrong for my whole life

>Shh... don't cry baby, I said that there is nothing wrong if you like trash, you don't need to explode or kick around you are fine baby don't cry.
Looks like someone got triggered.
^See, I also can make a non argument, and it's shit. Just like using other people's opinions as one

Platonic Starco is okay, will they wont they bullshit is cancer and poorly written. Kelly and Marco shipteasing is just a waste of my time. Not only are there better romantic shows I could watch, there are even other comedy adventures that did relationship drama better like Ranma 1/2.
Star VS should have stuck to its strengths and stopped forcing this shit after Marco left Jackie.

>One Piece's fighting scenes are actually unique and creative

>the three worst things in modern cartoons are fans who don't actually affect the cartoon unless it panders to them

>I have only watched one type of anime
Expand your horizons.

It wasn't awesome, more like perfect. If you thought he was gonna get Dominator and not be harshly rejected you were a faggot anyways.

God, This. Listening to some of the assbackwards stuff men and women think of the opposite sex and how overly complicated they make even asking someone out makes me wonder how badly the next decade will go.