Really popular among hipster girls

>really popular among hipster girls
>like im totally daria you guys
>whole point of the show was that daria was completely in the wrong and she was mean and cruel to everyone for no reason
>?????
did the last episode not air or something?

that wasn't the point of the show. they did show how her attitude affected others and that it wasn't all good, but the narrative sympathized with her a lot too.

it wasnt the only thing in the show but it definetly was the point
the show ends up with her hiding in a box in shame after realising it big plot twist style

None of what you are saying is true
I wonder if it's always the same person saying that or if it's just a meme or what

no. no it doesn't.
i don't know why people act like that, but that was not the end of the show, nor even the end of that episode. that plot was resolved with the mama reassuring her she is in the right and she's proud of her.
christ

she says so in the last episode
its actually really cleverr and kind of beautiful

WE'VE HAD THIS DISCUSSION FOR YEARS
YOU KEEP ARGUING THAT THE POINT OF THE SHOW IS TO EXPOSE DARIA OR TO PROMOTE HER MINDSET, I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS SHIT.
EITHER MAKE UP YOUR MIND OR LET'S NEVER MAKE THREADS ABOUT DARIA AGAIN, I'VE BEEN SEEING THIS FUCKING THREAD WITH THE SAME POSTS FOR ALMOST A DECADE NOW, FUCK OFF ALL OF YOU.

am i too smart to discuss daria? what the hell is going on?

>YOU KEEP ARGUING THAT
its my first time making a thread like this calm down

I hate Daria.

>really popular among conservative dads
>like im totally hank you guys
>whole point of the show was that hank was completely in the wrong and he was insensitive and stubborn to everyone for no reason
>?????
did the last episode air or something?

dariaxhank when?

>whole point of the show was that hank was completely in the wrong
he is right more often than not

i wish Sup Forums still had drawfags to make this a reality

really makes you think

but the point wasnt that daria was wrong, she was wrong in the way she treated everyone
she was really mean and assumed the worst of everyone

you should've said that in the first place dude, she was mean and that was shown as a negative quality but she was more than often in the right.

for example she was right that her parents wanted her to act normal but it wasnt because they wanted to be seen as a normal family, they worried about her and wanted her to be happy and she threw it in their face with no regard for them watsoever
hank is like that maybe 2 or 3 times in the show, to daria thats second nature

thats what i meant dude

Daria was a lot like her mom though.

>whole point of the show was that daria was completely in the wrong and she was mean and cruel to everyone for no reason
phrasing matters, man. i won't get on your ass about it but you can see how people would misunderstand
anyway girls like daria because they see themselves as cynical like her and can relate, not necessarily that they're better than everyone.

darias mom loved her family more than her job even if she wasnt aware enough to nottice when they needed her
her heart was always in the right place
how can you see yourself as a character andthen when that character has a live changing epiphany about her life you dont question yourself or your motives at all?

simple, they didn't watch the whole show. besides, they probably only relate to certain parts of her. teenage girls exaggerate with the "LITERALLY ME" shit. no deeper meaning

>teenage girls
i was talking about adults

okay
adults exaggerate with the "LITERALLY ME" shit
there's really nothing more to it

i think that people nowdays tend to be too self absorved, ungrateful and irresponsible, i would be shocked if they dont share that with her

the irony of this statement is giving me hyperhemia

and this one significantly moreso. This has to be trolling.

That was the point as the show neared its end. Tom is there as a device to show Daria not being perfect by first (kind of) screwing over her only friend and then being a pretty shitty girlfriend.

"Boxing Daria" is entirely about how she's been full of shit her whole life.

decided to be the change I wanted to see. hope its up to snuff.

BRILLIANT
10/10 i love it

Daria was the rare show where the main character is the villain of the story. Just like batman.

Good joke user!

Is it College Yet was a decent ending.

It was neat how it bucked the MTV liberal thing and had a lesbian character who was a self-centered asshole as well as having a heretofore apparently heterosexual character question their sexuality only to decide that no, she wasn't gay.

god bless.

It's a show about the teen culture at the time. That's it. It's not hard to get.

>daria was completely in the wrong
not really, she was at times, but 90% of her derision and criticisms were completley justified

>tfw you will never cuddle with Daria in a box

Thank you. I appreciate your work and enjoy it. Remember to smile.

This reeks of having not watched the show.

quality post