In 24 hours, X-Men, Deadpool and FF will be confirmed in the MCU

In 24 hours, X-Men, Deadpool and FF will be confirmed in the MCU

Are you excited?

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/avengers-mcu-hugh-jackman-no-wolverine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Fantastic Four
user, I...

Kinda. I was getting real sick of Singer's INO versions of these characters and the black leather. With Jackman retired, I think its honestly for the best. Deadpool was alright, but I won't be upset if his series is over now.

>Now the X-men can be forced into mediocre movies but at a different studios and maybe easter eggs to other movies
Meh. I'm pretty done with the whole MCU.

>FF
To the surprise of a shitload of people, including you, Fox does not actually own the film rights to the Fantastic Four.

>Constantin
>Mattering

No because it means a movie like Logan wont happen again.

Simon Kinberg on suicide watch

To the unsurprising sign at your stupidity, Fox owns the distribution rights to FF, so Constantin can't release a movie if they wanted to. And, all existing contracts at Fox fall under Disney after the merger. At worst, we won't see a FF movie for another 7 years, but they can still appear in a Marvel movie as supporting characters.

So, does this mean Deadpool 2 and Dark Pheonix are cancelled?

If it was doable under Fox, I HIGHLY doubt that it would be an obstacle for Disney

No. It's either mostly formulaic movies or DCEU movies now. I might quit cape movies.
Kinberg is shaping up to be what everyone wanted. Too late I guess.

You're right. It's not like Fox just willy nilly traded away Ego to Disney for Negasonic.

Those have already been filmed user

They will probably still release those and New Mutants but I think the FoX-Men will end there.

Feige didn't want to continue using Andrew Garfield in the MCU for example, so if they're to be integrated into the MCU they will undoubtedly be recast and rebooted

Let's be honest, it wouldn't have happened under FOX either because they would try to top themselves with more over the top gore and sex and all that.

That doesn't make any sense to what those anons are talking about.

Gambit and Modrox aren't rated r...

This, sort of.

The FF name has become too damaged, so if anything they will have to sneak them into another movie or two before they feel safe making an FF movie. However, what's more important is the other characters like Doom can be put into other movies.

Hey, at least this means Hugh Jackman would actually come back if Marvel wanted him.

I wouldn't say "excited". If anything, now I'm kind of disappointed that New Mutants and Dark Phoenix are now completely pointless

speaking recently on the Fox/Disney deal, he said that he has changed his mind and now he doesn't want to do that

Maybe we can get a proper manlet

Why did Fox sell everything they have?

I thought they were doing good? I mean, Deadpool was a success. And Avatar made a BILLION dollars (BILLION).

Why sell everything?

He won't, nor should he. He's been Wolverine for 17 goddamn years, and he went out fine in Logan. Time to let someone else bub it for a while

movieweb.com/avengers-mcu-hugh-jackman-no-wolverine/

>Disney could be announcing their purchase of Fox any day now and that has led to a lot of speculation about what will happen if and when that occurs. For one, there's been reports that Hugh Jackman could come back as Wolverine in Avengers 4 as part of this new deal. Sadly, for those who want to see Jackman's Wolverine alongside Iron Man and Hulk, the actor has confirmed it's likely not going to happen.

>During a recent interview, Jackman was asked about the Disney and Fox merger and the rumors about his possible inclusion in a future Avengers movie. While he admits he's heard the news and that the prospect is certainly interesting, he won't be putting the claws back on. But he's all for having another actor do it. Here's what he had to say.

Why not? They clearly had no idea where to take their stories, and they probably thought it was a smarter investment to get a fat paycheck so they could focus on other projects.

Something about it being too hard to compete in entertainment

They are going to hold onto their news and sports networks and focus their strength there while selling off their film and television studios

It just feels weird they are giving up and selling all their movie IPs. I would never have expected this from Fox.

Bullshit. the Former CEOs kids are greedy faggots.

Same, bruh, same.

That shit is garbage. Leave the X-films alone.

Well, their big money film franchise IP's aren't doing so hot. Cape movies are supposed to be the huge summer blockbusters but they're making underperforming dumpster fires like Fantastic Four, The Wolverine, and X-Men: Apocolypse. I saw this coming years ago to be honest

Just seems like a cut off your nose to spite your face deal. Getting rid of their movie division would just make them less powerful.

True, but there comes a point where sticking it to your competitor becomes counterproductive. They were rightly pissed about the Daredevil thing, but at the end of it, they'd just be sinking more money into projects they didnt even want to do just so Disney wouldnt make money.

No

>Kinberg is shaping up to be what everyone wanted. Too late I guess.
Dark Phoenix sounds fucking awful. I have zero doubt Logan and Deadpool turned out the way they did only because of Jackman and Reynolds.

How does it sound awful?

Fox is getting out of the cable game because they see it failing.

It also gives Murdoch the opportunity to merge the broadcasting/news side with Newscorp, gets him some Disney stock and could possibly see his kid replace Bob Iger

Plus taking advantage of the fact that the current FCC head doesn't believe in dergulation

You've got to look at it beyond capeshit and movies. There's a lot more going on here.

this will only be good if rogue shows up at the end of the captain marvel movie, power rapes carol, and becomes the proper marvel wonder woman

Fox owns the distribution rights and Constantin has the production rights. Disney will reclaim the distribution rights in the buyout and Constantin has only three options:

1. Play ball with Disney and let them have their way with the F4.
2. Cut a deal with Disney to sell the production rights back.
3. Refuse to play ball and then lose the rights in a few years when the contract deadline comes around.

Since they can't release a F4 movie without Disney, Disney can just choke them out of the rights if they wanted to.

But that means that Rogue is all old and wrinkly in the present.

It's a shame because F4 is the one Marvel property that Disney doesn't control that they could end up making some really great movies out of. Fox is good with edge and F4 aren't edgy.

only cost them 70 billion dollars

Disney capeshit is fucking trash

I miss this Era of X-Men

All five of those teams are great

Nigga the buyout still has to go through first. When you buy a house you don't own it until it's foreclosed.

www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/marvel-cover-story
>“We’re looking for worlds that are completely separate—geographically or in time—from the worlds that we’ve already visited,”

I wonder if keeping the X-Men and related teams in a separate universe could be a way to achieve that...

Fox only likely has the first-look rights to distribute a movie or whatever. So if someone is willing to raise the price high enough that Fox doesn't want to pay for it, they could probably get someone else besides Fox to make a movie and someone else besides Fox to distribute.

I'll be excited or not once they announce future plans, movies, costumes. Same goes for future of mutants in Marvel comic books.
Right now I kinda don't know what to expect.

I'd say right now I'm more excited for possible revitalization of Serenity/Firefly.

>they will have to sneak them into another movie
Two-in-One or the Illuminati would be great for that and Future Foundation as the "New" Avengers movie in a couple of years

Marvel Studios makes three films a year. If they try to make more, quality will likely suffer as a result of quantity.

This could be disastrous in the long run, due to overreach.

Not unless they keep the Fox studios around

I'm frightened. I feel nauseous

>At worst, we won't see a FF movie for another 7 years,
Well, prepare for the worst then

two or three movies a year is ideal to not get tired by saturation, would be better to put the mutants on tv, at least a secondary team and make less Defenders, which are 90% of the time horrible

It would be also ironic if the superhero bubble burst the same way the comic book market crashed in the 90s

I've read that Constantin only have the distribution rights in Germany and Straya and that sold all the other things to Fox, and that's why the Ego deal

Constantin and Fox entered into a partnership in 1999 to develop the property when they got the license extension from Marvel, so it's unlikely that's the case.

Like I said, prepare for the worst option.

This is supposed to get announced before 7am est or pst?

The Opening Bell feed (begins at 9:28 a.m. ET)

Thanks man.