This was actually pretty fun

m.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Q3EeniWgg

I suppose it helps that I work in a shit job

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6vEhWFlGe_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The show is shit. But I agree that this was enjoyable.

It irritates me that a show with a great premise and fun characters can manage to be so shitty 90% of the time.

that's what happens when you run your show like a liberal arts campus

everyone is doing too busy doing their own thing that noone gives a damn about quality. you can never bring this up to anyone without the risk of being ostracized for not agreeing with the party line

>sadie episode

I'm gonna stop you right there. that shit is automatically bad.

oh fuck off, that's as bad an attitude as any

Not gonna lie I'd buy her album, hope she does well as a lead singer. Hard to believe she actually quite the townies are changing as we know more about them, and I know I'll probably get crucified for saying this but I'm ok with them.

Is white Diamond just fucking around on Homeworld?

This episode was pretty decent

>Hard to believe she actually quite the townies are changing as we know more about them, and I know I'll probably get crucified for saying this but I'm ok with them.

The reason why townies are hated isn't really due to the quality of their characters but the fact that there are other things in this show that need more attention. Had these characters been focused on less or in a different show people wouldn't be complaining (as much).

Yeah, the pacing in su, probably has a big part to play, I can agree with that.

>The only black character in scene plays the bass

classic

What the hell even is this show anymore?

What it always was.

Pointless meandering shit

What its always been about. Nothing but crying and being gay.

Yeah, I think one of the issues was the feeling of disconnect between the townie episodes and anything involving the gems. The recent conflict is the first one to really let the townsfolk get involved with the incident and have some character development as a result. i.e. Sadie self-reflecting and Lars becoming a space pirate.

But wouldn't managing a donut shop be awesome? Free donuts everyday!

By the end of the last bomb Lars had been in space for "a few weeks" according to Steven. Let's call that 3 weeks.

How is it that 3 weeks passed and no one even tried at all to help Lars? Where were his parents after the first episode? Why didn't anyone try to get Lion from Connie before the last episode?

THIS THO!

Everyone wonders why people stick with SU or even were a fan. Because it had a good concept going for it!

The world was affected by an alien war.The main character is a direct relation to the person who started the rebellion. He only has 4 (5 counting Bismuth) people, out of an entire platoon, survived and used to follow his mother with no question. He's an alien/human hybrid, the first of his kind which could've went into how he has a disconnect with people. (The show tried to do this but was shit at it)

Christ this show had something going on. After Jailbreak, it just went to the shitter. It wasn't interested in going more into Homeworld or hell getting off the planet, it just wanted to stay on Earth.

This show is entering it's 5th Season. FIFTH SEASON. And we're still given stupid earth shit. At this point, the story should be focus primarily on dealing with the Diamonds realizing the fact that the Crystal Gems aren't all dead. The Cluster hasn't broken out (Biggest shit stain build up the season had yet) and since apparently Peridot yelling at YD shouldn't bring up any questions about her geo-weapon.....I guess we shouldn't investigate underneath the Kindergarden anymore!

Who fuckin cares if there's gem mutants that are walking near humans, getting into hospitals and putting people in major danger....
Who fuckin cares if Lars is in space...Let's not do anything to help him or his family, just state the fact that they are worried and that's it.....
Who fuckin cares if there's gem technology laying around places in the world and not salvage it for weapons/potential airships/etc......
Who fuckin cares about actually putting effort into figuring out how to reverse corrupted gems' minds....

No, the real concern is that Lapis Lazuli is a fucking jackass to everyone around her and Peridot is an annoying goblin for the impressionable teenagers....That's the real concern for Season 5 of Steven Universe.

Fuck me for liking this series so much.

i cringed pretty fucking hard

The entire population of /sug/ along with some anons who rightfully so didn't want to follow over to /trash/ here's your you.

I dob't even know.

I agree, it was a fun song especially if you happen to relate to it. A lot of shows try to make a "cool" sounding song when characters start a band and it ends up lame.

I work at starbucks and have access to free pastries or a free sandwich or lunchbox or whatever once a day. You get sick of it pretty quickly.

I used to work at Wendy's too and got mad free nuggets. All it does is make you fat.

These are all of my problems with it too. You'd think they wouldn't throw some filler in after something so big but it is Steven Fillerverse.

You know how people make jokes about DBZ with it taking 10 episodes to walk down a hallway? SU is the american equivalent in terms of getting to the main plot

Steven The gems, Sadie, there Parents etc, were the the only ones who knew what happened to Lars and the parents where a maybe, it's pretty stupid if priyanka doesn't know, and all she knows is that her daughter has stevens magical lion, if she even knew about connie having lion.
There's some loose ends

*donut

> How is it that 3 weeks passed and no one even tried at all to help Lars? Where were his parents after the first episode?

Pretty much everyone in Beach city knows how powerful and dangerous homeworld is, so of course they aren't going over there, that'd be super dangerous.

Lars's parents have basically left this in Stevens/the CG's hands now, they were probably just hoping to see him if he gets to an actual safe spot and not while he's hiding in the slums from superpowered aliens who want to kill him.

>SU is the american equivalent in terms of getting to the main plot
I'm sure it's fine on the binge but it's hellish waiting for filler episodes.

You were not prepared.

>You know how people make jokes about DBZ with it taking 10 episodes to walk down a hallway? SU is the american equivalent in terms of getting to the main plot
Isn't that almost entirely due to the hiatuses though? DBZ has more episodes of filler while SU has more time since episodes last aired as filler.

Is SU class conscious Sup Forums?

Fuck off Illidan

I might not have been clear. There wasn't a single scene of Steven and the gems sitting down and trying to put together a plan to help Lars. Lars' parents never go up to Steven and ask him to bring their boy home. Sadie asked Steven to bring Lars home but after Steven said "meh, he'll be fine" she never asked again.

Post zombie Lars eating brains.

>This show is entering it's 5th Season. FIFTH SEASON. And we're still given stupid earth shit. At this point, the story should be focus primarily on dealing with the Diamonds realizing the fact that the Crystal Gems aren't all dead.
> not understanding that the whole reason of townie episodes is to give breaks in the action

Slow your roll. We'll get to Lars the Space Pirate and Blue and Yellow the Tyrannous Diamonds eventually. The townie episodes are there for spacing and developing the townies beyond blobs of color in the background that live there.

The "filler" problem with SU is that they'll constantly introduce BIG IMPORTANT URGENT PLOT POINTS THAT DEMAND ACTION RIGHT THE FUCK NOW but instead of actually dealing with it they'll do an episode about Vidalia throwing a tupperware party while a cloud of imminent destruction is looming over the city.

> There wasn't a single scene of Steven and the gems sitting down and trying to put together a plan to help Lars

They can't really do anything for him now even if they sat down and talked about it, they don't have a ship so there's no way they can get Lars home, sans killing someone else and reviving them, which Steven would never do willingly.

> she never asked again.

Literally what else is she or Lars' parents supposed to do? Yelling at Steven or the CG's is going to help anything since they really just have no way to bring Lars back at this point.

people generally admit the Cool Kids are pretty okay when they take a moment to think about it, its just that Cool Kids+Ronaldo+Lars+Onion+someone even more forgettable=a pretty bad average quality compared to everything else

> developing the townies beyond blobs of color in the background that live there.

That's been done more than well enough, at this point most viewers know who the majority of townies are, so we don't really need more than one or two townie episodes every season, and even that's being generous.

What action are the townie episodes providing a break from? If anything the action-oriented and plot-driven episodes are a break from the monotony when you consider the ratio of the two. I don't need the townies to be anything more than blobs of color because they just aren't interesting. No matter how much screen time they give Sadie, Lars, Ronaldo or whoever I just do not care about any of them. Helping Lars over come his fear of being seen as a faggot for enjoying baking is not time well spent, it's burying the lede.

The show should have been about lower class gems fighting to create change within Homeworld society.

>Pretty much everyone in Beach city knows how powerful and dangerous homeworld is
definitely not. They know that the gems are "magic" in some way and that they protect them from some kind of heinous bullshit - that's the limit of the average townie's knowledge

of course people like Dewey, Vidalia, and Ronaldo know a bit more, depending

It's very disappointing how little they've done with the show. I mean they've had 138 episodes now. It's almost at the point where Steven Universe has had the same amount of runtime as Venture Bros.

This too. Deal with the motherfucking problem before returning to the mundane. That would actually provide a break from the action instead of interrupting it.

Are you underaged? You type like a 15 year old fangirl

How can Sup Forums praise this episode? Sadie singing hurt fucking bad

What is personal taste?

>hating the gooch
youtube.com/watch?v=6vEhWFlGe_w

> hey know that the gems are "magic" in some way and that they protect them from some kind of heinous bullshit

And when Topaz/Aquamarine started kidnapping people there was nothing even the CG's could do to stop them beyond Steven giving himself up as prisoner to let everyone else go, what would that tell the average townie about how powerful homeworld is?

They could at least try something. They built an almost-functioning spaceship out of old junk in a barn. There's still a ton of gem technology scattered across the Earth. Plus there's warp pads. They're not hopeless here. And even if they fail, the show should at least be doing something, anything at all to show that they give even the teensiest tiniest fuck about Lars.

>Literally what else is she or Lars' parents supposed to do?
Imagine if your only son or your best friend was kidnapped by aliens. You know a person who's your one hope of bringing him back. Aren't you going to try? Two or three times at least? Or would you just take "meh, he'll be fine" sitting down and start planning the funeral while the guy's goofing off with his garage band?

>This show is entering it's 5th Season. FIFTH SEASON.
Seasons 4 and 5 were written as one big season 3 (like wise seasons 2 and 3 were written as one big season 2)

They also can no longer use the technologically inept excuse because they have Peridot. With Peridot's help that nearly functioning spaceship could be a completely functioning spaceship.

*aren't you going to ask him to try

It's bizarre how the crystal gems are not in the least bit proactive in dealing with problems. After Jailbreak, they should have sat down at the table to discuss a plan to handle future threats and started training more, but we don't really see them do that.

Same problem with Steven too. He only ever seems to be curious about Gem World or his mom when the plot demands it. The kid almost never asks any questions.

Sadie Blanco when?

> They built an almost-functioning spaceship out of old junk in a barn.

That couldn't even escape the earths atmosphere without falling apart. As it is, the Peridot/Pearl fight showed that they were basically equal in terms of machinery building, Peridot is just more book smart than Pearl by the looks of it.

So even if they COULD build a ship that was actually space worthy, there's no doubt that it would get shot down the second it got close to homeworld due to the enormous differences between the tech available to them.

> You know a person who's your one hope of bringing him back. Aren't you going to try?

If I knew how insanely OP those aliens were, plus the fact that the person who has a chance at bringing my friend back is like, 14, I'd probably be a bit more lenient too.

Again, getting mad and yelling at Steven won't accomplish anything, they literally don't have any way to get Lars back at this point, so they won't waste time right now having a 'Lars's parents yell at Steven to no avail" episode. Even the townie garbage gets more shit done than that.

I have never been more hype for a cartoon than when Jailbreak was going down. It introduced new gems and gave us our first glimpse of homeworld and I was obsessed with speculating what could happen, and it was cool that there were so many other people really into the show too. It fucking sucks that they haven't done shit to actually progress the story that people are actually interested in. I used to be alright with townie episodes if they were interacting with the gems, but now each townie episode takes another year off my life.

I like Katie Micucci's singing, this one was a bit tough to listen to. The lyrics were cute, though.

All of my problems with this show are just magnified by the fact that I only get to watch a handful of episodes every half a year at best. In a straight run the townie episodes might serve well to help with pacing the story, but in the "bomb" format that just isn't applicable.

Fucking, he wasn't even interested in that

Connie not texting him back is OBVIOUSLY the far more interesting conflict to follow than the inherited possible guilt of his mother's killing of a godlike tyrant

This, the townie stuff doesn't serve as a reprieve in the story when we already have breaks that go for months at a time.

Rebecca finds a way

>developing the townies beyond blobs of color in the background that live there.

except almost all of them are still boring ass blobs

Come on, use your imagination. There's a ton of Gem tech all over the Earth they could salvage. They even know where Centipeedle's ship is. Or they could try and make a plan where they go to Homeworld through Lion and steal a ship to go home in.

But even if you were right and it's all impossible and hopeless for them to put on a rescue mission, at least have the characters say so. Give us a good reason why they're all sitting on their hands.

My point is that the characters should at least try. As it is, the show makes it looks like no one cares about Lars and they have zero intention of even trying to bring him home. They don't even care enough to send someone (and I say someone because even if we say Steven's too much of a weenie to go over to Connie's house, his dad, Lars' parents or any of the gems could have gone) to get Lion to check and make sure that Lars hasn't been vaporized and let his folks talk to him.

>If I knew how insanely OP those aliens were
Lars' parents don't know that. All they know is that their son didn't come home one night and it's got something to do with aliens and the weird boy with his harem of superpowered alien moms. But even if logic dictated that it's no use asking Steven to help Lars, no one whose only kid was kidnapped by aliens is going to sit there and not ask Steven for help "because logic." They never even showed a scene where they talk to Steven directly.

> Lars' parents don't know that. All they know is that their son didn't come home one night and it's got something to do with aliens
don't all the townies know at this point that it was because of topaz and aquamarine + the CG's couldn't do shit to stop them?

Ok maybe they know more than I thought, but it's definitely not to the level of "my calculations indicate that according to these aliens' power levels there is a 0% chance of retrieving my son. Good day Mr. Universe"

I'm so tired of this fat girl

Just write her off the show!

TWO

TWO FUCKING EPISODES

FUCK EVERYBODY INVOLVED

just saying, literally no one could stop just TWO of these fuckers and steven only saved everyone by giving himself up as a prisoner. kinda makes sense that pretty much everyone in town would be scared to shit of a whole world populated by even more powerful gems.

> Two episodes

Why do they even bother with this shit? Is there literally no one in charge of scheduling at CN?

At this point all of them have had at least 1 episode, and in the big picture they don't mean fucking anything. Lars could've never had any focus aside from when steven visits him, and then him getting captured would be an even bigger thing. Sadie, the pizza kids, the non-existent Fry family, and all the other townsfolk dont need to be there because Connie, a 100% normal gal, is already filling that role as a core member.
We have active threats happening now, Steven knows and can get to Lars at any time but has shown 0 concern since he got back, the gems rarely do anything substantial anymore, and there's still way too many questions without answers for how deep in we are. It was meant to be episodic, but then CN wanted the bomb format so we get stupid hiatuses on top of predetermined pay off cycles.
It's exhausting, in a word. There's still a lot of potential if they start moving things in a good direction again, but fuck me learn to balance handling characters and emotions with plot.

Steven is an irresponsible little cunt and you should not defend him.

Steven is stupid sure but there's really not much else they could do now, home-world is just too advanced for some dinky earth build ship to reach or at least infiltrate. Only real way out for Lars is comandeering a homeworld ship like he did, or Steven killing an reviving someone else and either leaving them or lion on homeworld, none of which he would ever do.

I'll be honest Sup Forums, I was very into this show when the Peridot centered bomb with Hit The Diamond came out, and fell out of watching pretty soon after. Does she keep being a main character? She's just too adorable, I'm sorry

>spacing and developing the townies beyond blobs of color
Fuck you, the filler episodes ruined Onion

>from donuts at the big donut
>to this
I am so glad i jumped ship after the clusterfuck

Eh.It's better than any other Sadie episode

yes she does

Wow, this really shells my walnut.

Is Saddie an adult who hangs out with high schoolers, who hang out a little kid?

The town has like, 40 people in it, tops, can't pick and choose when the population is that small.

This. None of the songs really work for me in SU. The lyrics make even the most seasoned singer sound mediocre. I think it's because Sugar makes songs that work only for her kind of singing.

Is this kind of music its own genre? You know, whwn the band is themed around spooky stuff? I remember the Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy had some Voltaire songs back in the day that got me into his music, and spooky stuff was kinda his gimmick too, along with some other bands I’ve come across since. I really like it but don’t know if it’s got a name.

Nope. Also Lapis broke up with her and took the barn when Eridot didn't want to flee Earth with her to hide from Homeworld

I like it too. I still wish it didn’t take us so damn long to get to homeworld telated plot, but I blame the hiatuses and pacing and other production issues for that frustration more than the townies themselves.

she has a really awful voice. it brings down the music.

Hey, the one where she kidnapped Lars for Island sex wasn't that bad.

Lars is apparently college age, guessing she's similar

Never saw any indication that the cool kids were any younger

would have been GOAT if it mattered, but like everything else in the fucking show it refused to change the status quo

The one other time we saw Lars’s parents, they were totally prepared for him to just start stealing shit and become a criminal any day now. They seem like they’ve been ready for years for him to run away from home and go full delinquent. Him disappearing and getting kidnapped probably leave them a little relieved that at least it’s not fully Lars’s fault he fucked off to space, but they might have still been ready for his sudden absence and don’t miss him too much. Like they’ve already given up and have been going through the motions of parenthood for a but now. It’s pretty sad.

Come to think of it, we already know that when Sadie went missing on that island trip and then again when she was kidnapped by aliens, her mom didn’t worry at all because she respects Sadie as an adult that might go on a random ass vacation if she feels like it. But we didn’t see how Lars’s parents reacted that first time when Sadie kidnapped him. I wonder if they noticed he was missing that time.

Christ, the worldbuilding is soooo bad in SU.

Because they absolutely refuse to let the story grow naturally.

At this point, we should be seeing alien legions, space battles and an intergalactic plot.

Instead, we are wasting away on the planet of nobodies.

post-gem drill peridot sucks

Pearl’s ship wasn’t even supposed to go all the way to Homeworld and the spacetrip she had planned would have taken 50 years. I think even the ruby ship was going to take them decades to get to the human zoo without warp drive. It’s an unreasonable amount of time to ask of them when human lifespans can’t put up with it.

And even Peridot didn’t have the resources or capability to fix a broken warp pad. She begged Steven to fix it with his spit, and even that didn’t work.

Lars seems like he's in high school.

It seems most likely that Sadie's in her early 20s. Those two are the donut shop's only employees. If Lars is in high school all day that just leaves Sadie to run things. That is, unless we just assume the donut shop is only open from 5pm to midnight (which are not prime donut consuming hours) nine months out of the year.

that was just at the starting speed of the ruby ship until they activated the gravity drive

Ignore haters, love Sadie.
(one of the instrument go 'do', probably all during the song writing in the studio)
Glasses says "do-do." I thought it was funny.
This music video is a work of art. SU is still pretty good.

Who's that? He looks like a cross between Nolan from that shitty Podcast and Henry Rollins.

So, Sadie is a pedophile who almost raped a teenager once?