/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Bane? edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Graphic Novel Adaptation (Tu 12)
Adventures #5 (Wed 13)
Star Wars#40 (Wed 13)
Star Wars Battlefront II: Resurrection (Wed 13)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (Fri 15)
Chewie and the Porgs (Fri 15)
The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron (Fri 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!cFoWRbjB!9dLd8qV6Q5FuFdlV69dXvA
rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_vii_the_force_awakens/
youtu.be/1-t8XYrNw0c?t=19m9s
streamable.com/8x9t9
youtube.com/watch?v=97CtEReZEaQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

UUUU

What is she, /swco/?

Reminder that he'll always be the best Luke, accept no substitutes.

>"that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess."
>the library literally contained nothing that Rey doesn't already possess because Yoda moved all the books to the Falcon
10/10

He's a funny guy!

that part was hilarious desu

Watching these TCW Featurettes is great

Canon Clone Wars Bane was better.

Ok /swco/ let's play a game
1. Does Been survive 9?
2. Does Luke appear in 9?
3. Does Reylo happen?
4. Do a new Jedi rise?

When does the soundtrack come out? To people that have seen the movie, is the music good?

Yes.

No
Yes, but as a spoopy ghost
Yeah but Kylo dies right after
Yeah

mega.nz/#F!cFoWRbjB!9dLd8qV6Q5FuFdlV69dXvA
It's shit, just reruns of past tracks. Except for the Canto Bight track, which sounds like a drug trip.

I disagree, he looks too much like a random mook

>1. Does Been survive 9?
depends on if JJ copies Jacen further.
>2. Does Luke appear in 9?
He blows up Starkiller 2
>3. Does Reylo happen?
Depends on Rey's reveal (I believe Kylo may be lying about her identity)
>4. NJO
Depends if Kylo successfully turns.

>implying jj knows who jacen even is

>Episode IX ends
>Kylo (now Ben again) and Rey hugging as Rey's Jedi order dance and sing around them.
>Luke appears as a ghost: Hey you two! Lookin' good! (disappears again)
>Rey: Say, where did you get all of these resources for the FO anyway?
>Ben: Oh just some chums Snoke was friends with.
>Rey: So they just gave you guys all that stuff for free?
>Ben: No, we said we would take over the galaxy...
>100,000 ships exit hyperspace around them
>Rey: I've got a bad feeling about this...
Rian's trilogy will set up the unknown regions or extra-galactic forces invading the galaxy. Episodes X-XII will take place years later.

>Star Wars is ruined
>Star Trek is ruined
>Halo is ruined
>Mass Effect is ruined

Last surviving sci-fi franchise 40k folks.

The Triple Sluts of Zeta IX, located in the Slut System in the Slut Nebula of the Slut Sector.

This. They don't give a fuck. It's all about pretty space explosions now. Holdo's maneuver literally destroys SW space battle canon. Completely.

>40k was never good to begin with

warhammer is already too fucking stupid to ruin

Fortunately 40k is too small for Hollywood to rape it.

That line annoys me. Within the context of both movies and Luke's failure it just comes across as more Rey-wank. You could argue it's Yoda having learned to have more faith after Luke's recklessness in ESB ultimately turned out alright or something but I don't know.

I need spoilers /swco/, help me.

>I believe Kylo may be lying about her identity
Snoke lives too, Kylo killed his body double.

At least I'll always have B5.

Did you even read his post? Fucking retard

Reminder GrandFather Vader was in better shape than Kylo Ren.

Yoda kinda seems to say that those books are worthless. Like entire Jedi religions was stupid.

>he thinks Halo and Mass Effect were ever good

The RoTJ setup isn't available to him anymore. He'd try to look for a 'cool reference'... this is essentially what happened in STID, even though the Khan reveal and TWOK callbacks were there, it also borrowed elements from Dreadnought.

Whose Been?

There is always dune

Rey is Ben's sister. That's why Leia was going to be the big character in IX and why they have such a strong force bond.

Luke almost kills a kid in TLJ, they will obviously go as dark as they want with Leia.

What you wanna know? Saw the movie few hours ago.

>Luke is killed by Kylo
>Kylo kills Snoke and becomes the new Supreme Leader
>there's a force sensitive boy on Canto Bight
>Yoda appears and apparently destroys the last of the Jedi texts but he actually fakes it as a lesson to Luke and transports the books to the Falcon for Rey
>the Resistance is like 10 people now

>Christensen 6 0
>Driver 6' 2"

Nope. Rey's parents were random nobodies who sold her as a slave then got drunk.

GIMME YOUR SACK JUICE IMMEDIATELY

Based Rian spitting in powerlevel fags faces. Jedi are no longer an exclusive superhero academy

The lesson is that a bunch of old books shouldn't be the most important things to a Jedi, doing the right thing should. And by the end of TLJ Rey has let go of her anger towards Kylo and accepted that her parents are nobodies so now she's a good enough Jedi. It's literally just an evolution of the Jedi Order's arc in the OT where they learn to accept the spiritual more than the autistic structure and science of being a Jedi.

I was referring to the line and scene itself, not his post in general.

Unless you actually believe Yoda was referring to the fact she took some books.

>Star Wars
already ruined by prequels
>Star Trek
already ruined by TNG Movies
>Halo is ruined\
nothing to ruin, it's trash by default
>Mass Effect
already ruined in ME3
>WH40k
once again, nothing to ruin, it's just trash also SJW are going to have female space marine
now fuck off this is star wars

>94%
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

The Battlefront dlc that came out today says different it seems.

This. the set up literally is there.

Kylo is the leader of the Imperial remnant faction, while Rey is the one tasked by the Jedi to be their hope against him.

People kind of are believing Kylo for the explanation for her origin, but it really comes across as him trying to protect her from the truth.

What do you mean? The only thing it reveals about TLJ is the Resistance evacuation.

Except they both saw it in Citizen Kane mirror scene ripoff.

master race

The new movie will fail.

One of those is wrong. Rest is right.

Dug up these concepts of plans for a sequel trilogy before the prequels. Sounds decent.

>This is unrelated to any of Lucas's plans, but I came across it a few years ago and thought (parts of) it was/were pretty cool. Basically, as the original toy lines were winding down in the mid-80s, Kenner put together a proposal for something called "The Epic Continues," which would have been an extended toy series that would be accompanied by/informed by a post-ROTJ setting.

>The premise was that following the battle of Endor and the death of the Emperor, a warlord named Atha Prime would return from the edge of the galaxy, where he had been kept at bay during the Empire era. He would have been a major player in the Clone Wars, and his forces would be Clone Warriors. Luke and the Rebels would resist them, Luke having become a true Jedi. The whole thing is not very detailed, but I liked the idea of the prequel events looping back around to relate to 'sequel' plotline. Also, the aesthetics are totally 80s-Star Warsian.

>A powerful force long kept in exile in a remote fringe of the galaxy has been released by the death of the Emperor. It moves now, like a plague, securing control over the shattered remnants of the empire and re-enslaving newly freed worlds. Atha Prime, genetics master, ruler of the dark worlds and architect of the Clone Wars, is free again. His advanced army of combat clones has already decimated rebel outposts along the galactic frontier. His goal is to crush forever the Rebel Alliance and control the Galaxy.

rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_vii_the_force_awakens/
>caring about RT

Welcome to the club Snoke.

this

the resistance is only 8 people

>The lesson is that a bunch of old books shouldn't be the most important things to a Jedi, doing the right thing should
I'm aware. That isn't my point.
He's right, in a sense. My issue with the line isn't that the nature of Yoda's point of view is wrong, it's more that it's applied to Rey in a way that doesn't seem earned yet at that point in the movie.

No, he looks like a space samurai warlord as opposed to just another dickhead in a cloak.

The very last thing that happens it Leia telling Iden's kid and the Duros guy to go rally some allies in the outer rim.

youtu.be/1-t8XYrNw0c?t=19m9s

don't let them get this

streamable.com/8x9t9

Yoda scene

really? didn't we just get IBO'd to hell?

@97471068
here's a (you), for the small amount of effort

>B5
Idk what that is BUT that reminded me of that boy gorup back in the early 00's all the black girls were head over heals for those niggas

My personal spoiler that I couldn't really predict is that TLJ is Reylo: the feature length movie

Anyone else here not even planning on seeing it?

Let us rule the galaxy together! Two halves is better than a single half!

good to see you

I'M GONNA MAKE YOU CUM TONIGHT*
*OVER TO MY HOUSE
youtube.com/watch?v=97CtEReZEaQ

I'm just stunned about what happened with Snoke. They really looked like they were trying to craft an enigmatic, intriguing character. I was waiting to see how they'd keep him from just being Palpatine but uglier, but this certainly wasn't how I thought they'd do it. It's just fucking pointless.

Reylo is there and it's honestly pretty good. The maybe 1/4 of the movie that is Reylo + Luke on his tiny island is nice. Shame about everything else. Finn is literally filler.

Unless he comes back along with Luke as dueling ghosts you mong. The reason they stressed that he is not a sith is so he can be a ghost.

There's redeemable parts to these franchises still. Star Wars falls apart after the concept stage, clearly. Discovery would have a better time if it wasn't set before Kirk's time with all of its weird ass techno-organic bullshit. Halo is widely garbage, but Halo Wars 2 has some good shit in it. I would say Andromeda died at the concept stage too, and it really shouldn't have existed, so yeah, Mass Effect was ruined, beyond the point of no return considering 3 already put it on shaky ground. As for 40k, it's an up and down rollercoaster of garbage and occasionally fun stuff to read.

thats the worst death ever, hes gona have a clone body in ep9.

some one like him cant get jobbed like this.

>The reason they stressed that he is not a sith is so he can be a ghost.
This is an incredible sentence. How does that come together?

ep8 was totally pointless and covered a whole 18 hours.

I don't understand why anyone would ever want to see these new Star Wars movies. They're like really high budget ripoffs of the old ones.

>some one like him

Like who? Random Emperor copy with 0 personality and backstory?

>someone like him
This phrase is literally non-descriptive, since VIII really goes out of its depth to establish NOTHING about Snoke. He is simply synonimous with the things he's done, he's a complete noncharacter

The scarce glimpses of nudity

If this isn't bait, imagine being this deluded.

It has Mark Hamill, as opposed to the EU which has 0 Mark Hamill

hes suppose to be old as shit, the emperor sensed him out in the unknown regions because he was so damn evil.

the idea this fucker cant have a plan B is unthinkable.

because I want to give my money to Disney without just sending them my wallet

I've already planned to see this 5 times by monday

>novels
>comics

Yeah, except people making movies never gave a shit about those.

Who the fuck is getting nude?

Ending doesn't really show that
IX is going to be garbo

>the emperor sensed him out in the unknown regions because he was so damn evil.
The Emperor sensed something out in the unknown regions. It's pretty fucking clear now that wasn't Snoke. Zahn confirmed Snoke isn't what's concerning the Chiss either.

Kylo.

>people HONESTLY wanted a shitty ass Kylo redemption because "muh lineage"

Phasma

Palpatine sensed the 'origin of the dark side' out in the Unknown Regions. Ach-To is in the Unknown Regions and the cave on it is probably where the Sith began.

Oh, in case that was not in spoilers Phasma's armor is immune to blasters.

Killing smoke is such a waste

Give me ONE fucking reason why Vice Admiral Tumblr couldn't simply tell everyone that the plan was full evac on the transports instead of leaving everyone panicked and suffering a mutiny
It makes no sense at all

well snoke has to be some thing, he just cant be nothing.

at least this makes my sheev theory more plausible.

Snoke was a red herring to disguise the real "unknown threat" and Kylo's redemption not actually happening. Something is coming at the end of IX (an invading force from another galaxy) that Rian will probably touch upon in his trilogy

>Vice Admiral Tumblr
oh the pink hair