Good ol' Electoral College

Still not making hardly any sense.

'Grats on a Trump win, but... Guess it's not rigged anymore eh? How convenient.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2016/nov/08/us-election-2016-results-live-clinton-trump?view=map&type=presidential
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpt7-QOGKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not all the votes are counted in yet idiot, wait a day

>2 elections in the 2000s not going to the winner of the popular vote

Learn how the american system work retard.

'grats on the 'za but I prefer 'go style 'za

this is literally the whole point of the electoral college you fucking retard

America is a Republic, not a democracy. EC protects state rights. That's all there is to it.

>All the Spics in California should decide the election

It makes perfect sense, the votes are winner takes all by state.

>durrrrr the way that the votes are counted and allocated is rigged because i cant into republics

more delegates, less votes

Its to insure population supercenters like california don't decide the election on their own.

It's okay to cry.

That's what happens when people not of our nation are allowed to vote in our elections.

>we should just let Cali load it's self up with illigales and then pick who wins each time fuck everyone else

Voter fraud

/thread

yes im /threading my own post go fuck yourself you libshit

It's a fairly easy system to understand. Maybe you don't understand why the system exists? I know it's hard to express yourself sometimes.

Quick history lesson. Remember the constitutional convention was torn on how to count slaves when it came to population of a state. The House of Representatives is based on the population of a state. More people = More House Seats. The slave states wanted slaves counted as a full person (so they could get more seats). Free states didn't want slaves counted at all (so they could get more seats). This is where the infamous 3/5ths compromise comes from that said black people count as 3/5th of a human for representation purposes.

However, most people don't know the electoral college was also another compromise to the slave owners. Since slaves weren't allowed to vote, a pure popular vote would result in giving the free states more power in picking the president since they had more people eligible to vote even if they didn't have more people in general. And if a president who was anti-slavery was elected, that would doom slavery in the south. Thus, the framers created the electoral college. This system like the house gives credit to the slave states for their population of slaves while allowing them to continue to disenfranchise black people.

It literally makes zero sense to keep the Electoral College around. Its a relic from slavery. And it really only works to subvert democracy and to allow racist whites to still be able to disenfranchise the will of the people.

theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2016/nov/08/us-election-2016-results-live-clinton-trump?view=map&type=presidential

FALSE FALSE FALSE

He won even the majority vote. They juste stopped counting there.

It's still rigged, but we prevailed to beat the system.

What about the 'trade your vote' (the website that allows you to trade your vote with someone in another area) bullshit that was used to try and prevent a Trump presidency?

Right-wingers are far more resilient and dedicated. There's no way that a disproportionate amount of liberals and minorities in New York and California should be able to decide the law of the land.

Fuck off you piece of shit. Cry me more delicious liberal tears.

Non-whites were allowed to vote on whether or not white people have a right to exist. THAT IS RIGGED!

California's just a big state overall, so what, it should magically matter less? There's tons of Republicans in California who don't vote because of the structural advantage Democrats have. Under a popular vote scheme, their vote would actually matter, they'd have incentive to turn out. So would everyone nationwide.

We never claimed that the Electoral College is the part that's rigged.

USA is a constitutional republic and a federation of states, not a democracy

>Guess it's not rigged anymore eh? How convenient.
Well Obama himself said its unriggable
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpt7-QOGKc

Electoral college is a valid system in place, ensuring that a president get broad-based support that isn't regionally specific. it is another means of preventing tyranny of the majority.

I was against it at first too but now I realize it's a great final check to prevent brainwashed city niggers and spics from stealing representation from the rest of the country.

Trump won far more states and counties. Hillary has more total votes because the counties/states that voted for her are more densely populated (see: California, New York). The majority of the nation supports Trump and the map reflects that. He managed to turn long-blue states red with his charisma.

>current year
>still using paper ballots
>still holding elections on Tuesday in November so farmers can get crops to market on Wednesday
>still having only a handful of states be meaningful in the election
>still taking 2 years to get this over with
>still voting on a work day
>still using an electoral college
>still using first past the post

im no Clinton fan but if you cant see how fucked that is youre beyond brainwashed/ still high on that trump hopium

This is the exact situation the electoral college was made for.

Hillary won places like NY and CA with by a huge margin, to the point where she can make up the lost ground in the litany of states she was behind in. But thankfully, the USA doesn't turn on those two states, and Joe Schmoe in Ohio doesn't have to rely on the good graces of the ultra-liberal in order to have a voice in the election.

If Trump had won the electoral college by a narrow margin, like what happened in 2000, then I would say you have a point. But this wasn't the electoral college failing us. It's doing EXACTLY what it was meant to do. Preventing lower population states from being disenfranchised by higher population ones.

Hillary got most votes from illegal immigrants and 60 IQ dumb niggers/latinos

this
between the tons of voter fraud (which dems are on record in multiple cases in doing) and all the illegal votes its safe to say trump won in both cases.

This.

Thank you, based American.

Just further proof that the average American isn't educated enough to directly vote for who leads the country. When people make their decision based on "appeal to emotion" type facebook feeds then you know they shouldn't be voting on anything.

>votes not all counted
>98% reporting

suremmkay

OP this is because states like California and New York voted OVERWHELMINGLY for Shillery. They have massive populations, so they even out the popular vote. The Electoral College isn't my favorite, but it ensures that one state with one ideology doesn't overwhelm the rest of the smaller states who should have a relative say in our countries future.

The next statement is then that Trump couldn't have won without the electoral college. But you have to take into consideration that he targeted POINTS, not people, for his Campaign. If the electoral College didn't exist, I'm pretty sure no one would ever rally/campaign outside of California, New York, and a few other more populated states.

The electoral college is to allow states to have some sway over the election at all. If we didn't have it, the larger states would decide everything. The USA is a democratic republic, each state itself is an individual government and equal, this is the very basis of the united states government. The decentralization of power is what makes the American system what it is.

Learn about the american system and read about the constitutional debates before spouting utter bullshit, Luigi.

Shut the fuck up. You can mail your ballots in - and there are many compromises. You think government employees are gonna' work on a weekend? Fuck off.

this. kys libcucks

>live in a shit state like California
>know your vote for Trump is not going to count anyway because of the electoral college
>implying you would vote
Trying to argue about the majority vote makes no sense when the system is based around the electoral college. The electoral college may be shit, but if the decision came down to the majority vote in the first place, the results would have looked different too.

Lol, uh no. It was completely rigged, that's the only reason hillary got so many votes. Voter fraud still benefited the democratics. Main reason she conceded.

>matter less
It's already worth the most EC points

This is going to be the new shitpost for the next couple weeks isn't it?

United States. States. Each state has its own votes.

Except it made perfect sense today, go vote Yes at the referendum Filippo

Trump is on his way to win the popular vote as we speak. You are only going to embarass yourselves even further if you try to keep pushing this angle.

>what is a republic

>Guess it's not rigged anymore eh? How convenient.
No, there was obvious voter fraud in several states like PA. Luckily, the Amish turnout plus the hidden monster vote made it possible to combat it.

Do you know how much 2% of 130 million is?

> 98%
> all
> has a 100k lead
> not all votes from michigan and arizona are counted which are trump strong holds
> doesnt recognize the millions of illegals who voted fro hillary
liberals really are this dumb.

yeah one weekend every 4 years what a fucking bummer man

pull your head out of your ass leaf

The system is rigged to keep 3rd parties out.

But it's not rigged to favor one of the major parties over the other.

both candidates were appealing to emotion so it's hard to take that argument seriously

You realize Hillary's lead is just over 100,000 right? The remaining 2% could easily give trump the majority.

Reminder that the votes were fiddled with. Add on about 10% to Trump's votes and you'll get the actual result

estimated 3 million illegals voted just so ya know

Only one candidate had the total backing of the media behind them.

popular vote doesn't mean anything in a republic vote you fucking retard

once trump won electoral, they stopped counting. why bother?

which one

the one that the media called a racist
or the one the media called a criminal?

ITs rigged, retard.

Dems couldnt rig enough to grant a hillary win but they overinflated the number of votes artificially to at least create this controversy

you fags realize that the electoral reps don't have to vote for what the majority of their state wants right? They can vote for whoever they want

Name a single main stream media outlet that came down hard on Hillary for her crimes. Name one.

Where are your proofs?

The other had THE DREAM MEME TEAM AND FUCKING MAGIC

>you fags realize that the electoral reps don't have to vote for what the majority of their state wants right? They can vote for whoever they want

You mean that Jeb! can still win?

>slow and steady

I think i'll go drink a couple gallon of bleach and head back to /s4s/ now, thanks for the neuron elimination Sup Forums

How many states did he win?

You just don't get it. The electoral college protects states rights. It ensures smaller states have a voice and don't get drowned out by behemoths like California.

It also prevents a tyranny of the majority. It is working exactly as intended by the founding fathers.

that's like asking which media outlet came down on Trump for bigotry

the answer for both is: pretty much all of them (even the ones that liked them).

Pretty sure it is due to the inability for instant transmission of votes in the days before computers. They would hold elections locally, and then a representative would be sent to turn in the vote.

Instead Florida decides.

The current system harms Republican voters in California.

>spain

corrida 4 life

It more fairly levels the margin that portions of the country can win by. A strictly popular vote election would be unfair because there are more densely populated areas of the country. Each state's electoral vote amount is in conjunction with their respective populations. This makes things more fair and prevents largely populated blue/red states from dictating elections. I'm looking at you, Texas, California, New York. Electoral votes are fair because they're still representative of the majority vote of each state.

This. The whole point of the electoral college is so a state like California can't decide the vote against the will of the other 49 states.

the other system will never let Reps win ever again

dude they literally never mentioned her, lady gaga looked like she was dressed as a nazi and nothing, if she did that for trump the media would have blown a load

Dun care what jacky chan can't comprehend

dems get fucked on both yet republicans are the ones bitching about muh rigged elections

ITT: Children who weren't alive when Al Gore had the popular vote

actually the point of the electoral college was so that populist demogogues (like Trump actually) dont get elected...it was to protect from the 'tyranny of the masses'. Yet here we are

>279 is 22.4% more
> 0.3% more popular vote
That's how it works. California's got enough libcucks to flip it don't need any more damage.

Ballot-switching was caught on camera AND the media ran Clinton's smear campaign for her. That's IS rigging the election.

What's sad is you pussies still lost.

Libcucks who wants freedom of demonstration but doesn't right wing media. This disgust me.

>/threading my own post
Oh
How embarrassing...

whether you get 51% or 91% of california it's worth the same points

That doesn't add Michigan and Arizona which he also won so technically he has more in the popular vote also. Still the electoral college is really dumb.

Yes at the risk of a total shitstorm in the country. It's over dipshit, even if that were to happen I doubt the vote would be accepted

"The popular vote will never let Republicans win ever again"

So you're okay with an unfair system just because it benefits your side?

Its a given when she gets the most populated states!

That make literally no sense though.
Why trade your vote?

Logically I don't get it.

It's a system that is vulnerable to criticism. Ultimately, States themselves are meant to get a significant share in the vote. Hence you can get these differences.

Well the people could always rise up and use their second amendment right to.... oh wait never mind leftists wouldn't be interested

if we needed more evidence that the wops are niggers

I hope your ready for the massive influx of lefitsts Canada. Thanks for taking one for the team.

>Liberals still don't understand how the fucking system works

> too stupid to understand how to win the presidency

Of course they are, man.

These are the people who actually say "All straight white men should die." and think there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

They would love to run completely unopposed and steamroll America straight into the ground.

Me, I really wish that at least one of our systems of government had some democrat representation because I sincerely fear what having the presidency, senate, house and supreme court all republican will do.

top kek

>disagreeing with something means you don't understand it

Do you not understand that this isn't a fucking Democracy, you absolute retard? Entire point of the Electoral College is to protect state's rights.

Pic semi-related