Today's xkcd is pretty cute

Today's xkcd is pretty cute.

Xkcd guy is a douche but these ones about his wife always hit me. That has to fucking suck to think there's a decent chance of your cancer coming back and killing you at any time

Why do people say he's a douche? I hear it on here constantly but never anything really remarkably douchey

Anyone I don't like is a douche

It's a popular comic that's minimalist and relies on wit.

Some of his comics offend people. Like the one about how he thinks beer tastes gross

That is legitimately offensive. Why the fuck doesn't he just make a comic about raping toddlers in the urethra?

He thinks he is an intellectual and he has that male feminist speech to try and appear fuckable.

this is Sup Forums nigga, people here hate people for the pettiest shit. the author might be a bit stuck up and pretentious, so I guess that's reason enough to have 300+ post threads shitting on his comic

Isn't he a NASA scientist or something? a textbook example of an "intellectual"?

Why not? It's just a thread on Sup Forums.

I don't care for his preachy half-baked bullshit, but I only really hate him for the stick figures. That, to me, is a big fat loogie in the face of this medium I care so much about. Look at Zach Wiener. Similar strip with similar content. He has not improved much as an artist in nearly a decade. But at least he TRIES. He tries to populate his little world with figures and colors and visual ideas. He has a baseline respect for his medium and is not a shallow fuck who takes the path of least resistance between his shitty ideas and his shitty audience who are at all times kneeling before him, tongues out, eager to accept his next stream of hot steaming piss.

Yeah I hate xkcd fuck that bullshit

Ex-NASA. Fantastic for walkies.

A lot of his stuff is pseudo-intellectual trash that serves only to try and elevate himself above others rather than actually convey any kind of punchline (see the infamous beer one).

Also a lot of them are 90% words (and a good chunk of those are just "YOU SEE THIS IS A SMART JOKE BECAUSE MATH, AS SUCH I AM A SMART MAN"), though the one OP posted is pretty damn cute.

I don't get it.

>appear fuckable

well he's married so...he's automatically more fuckable than most of us

His wife had cancer, this strip deals with them dealing through it in the past 7 years and then realizing that they've made it 7 years from her diagnosis so what can it hold. It's a nice strip that is much better than his usual tripe.

Beats the shit out of the ball pit fuckery. Or the Beer strip.

He shilled for Hillary "War Criminal" Clinton.

All you have to do is program in...

That comic was one of the only times he was right. Beer is objectively trash.

Even if you hate beer it doesn't excuse him being an asshole to a gracious host

He has openly said that folks with STEM degrees are superior, and mocks other choices.

I mean, he's not wrong, but you have to imagine folks with a bachelor of arts degree are going to learn how significantly less employable they are.

Besides, English major's already know they're useless.

>he was one of the 66 million people who voted against the God-Emperor
Why is it still legal for these people to have jobs, own property and travel without a permit?????

It was a pretty shitty ad.

>takes the path of least resistance between his shitty ideas and his shitty audience
yeah this is my main issue

he should just slow down and not do 3 comics a week, because most of them are godawful and rushed.

And the ones that have a nice idea are often rushed and forced, or stretches the punchline out for too long, or goes one or two panels beyond the punchline.

It is as you say, as if he had an idea and rushes it out just to be the "first" to have that idea, and then the fans will sperg out at anyone with a similar idea saying they stole the idea from xkcd

I do not get the impression he is too self-aware about this either.

Unless you're an MSc at IT STEM students are just as employable or unemployable as the rest of us, get off your imaginary high horse.

its like loss but they make you wait for the punchline

he constantly makes comics about how anyone who has a degree in anything other tham math is a stupid brainlet and a waste of space to begin with
wich makes him look really fucking insecure and pathetic but when you try to point it out his reaction is im too smart to listen to you

>be xkcd fan
>oh boy new strip today
>read the strip
>have a good laugh
>google the topic of the strip to understand what im laughing at
>realize im reading the same wikipedia article randall read this morning

Every now and then Randall makes something fucking gargatuan like an explorable interactive world, or a year long animation updating frame by frame on a daily basis. Zach's art by contrast is physically repulsive to me.

Your argument is invalid.

Every US president is automatically a war criminal user, it comes with the territory. Hillary didn't get in tho so she's technically not.

CAPTCHA: Hillcrest links

I missed this shit, the fucking photos never give you this kind of synchronicity

>objectively

saying objectively makes him right

am I the only one that reads that as the point being that the guy drinking it even though he doesn't like it is the real asshole in the comic? I mean did the author give a reason for the readers to assume otherwise?

That's how I always interpreted it, I never got why so many thought you're supposed to agree with the snob

Because that kind of "everyone is stupid but me" attitude is so often lauded in these comics.

I miss the original ones where they were garbled nonsense so you'd get great captcha comics like "who turgled" rather than "calle road" "avenida grant" and other bullshit.

Looks to me like Munroe’s had just a little more involvement with the subject than reading a Wikipedia article.

Anyone know if the God Emperor thing is a deliberate reference to golden toilets?

yeah, this strip is just his vacations pictures in stickman form

wife got cancer and got brain damage
ironically, it won't be the cancer that kills her but her now fucked up risk assesment
haha cancer trope subversion is funny you have to make up your own joke sorry user

I'm pretty sure it's a Warhammer 40,000 reference

It was a younger in cheek reference to the god emperor of man, a character of Warhammer 40k. I don't feel like writing an entire book to explain why it's tounge in cheek, but just imagine some hard core communists calling their leader Big Brother without irony, because some people pretending to be communists started doing it.

>I'm pretty sure it's a Warhammer 40,000 reference

His nickname or his toilet?

I want to see a toilet that is a 40K reference.

Are people also insecure about their dislike of coffee.

I thought it was some Sheik that had the golden toilet.

Like there's a difference?

Donald Trump is not an Arab king; he's an American businessman.

Not judging by his toilet.

I don't understand this strip.

I may have some familiarity with 40k since that WD issue that shilled it so yeah, I’m aware of who the God Emperor is. What I’m not clear on is if the connection is from Trump’s golden toilets to the Golden Throne or something else.

There's the Golden Throne compared to Trump's over-the-top flaunting of his wealth. Plus, he's unironically praised and revered to high heavens by his incredibly xenophobic followers, who are considered delusional by detractors. A lot of his followers support (or supported when the meme started) a surprisingly powerful government to suppress, often violently and/or murderously, society's outcasts. Additionally, there's a MASSIVE focus or even fetish around hyperultratestosterone and being the alphaest alpha to ever start a Greek alphabet.
Several of those apply to many 40k factions, but only Emprah rules humankind, so it's either go with skeleton chair or call yourselves nonhuman.
Plus, memes.