I just finished bingewatching Turbo FAST (I like snails, fuck it) and I was left wondering...

I just finished bingewatching Turbo FAST (I like snails, fuck it) and I was left wondering, why did the show get cancelled?

Was it doing poorly or did the studio decide it was complete?

Also Turbo thread for anybody who cares, I guess

I guess Netflix ordered a specific number of episodes, and that was it. They've done that with a lot of their Dreamworks shows.

Huh. Kinda disappointing to hear, but I honest-to-God feel the show didn't have a proper ending, what with the last episode being another SoL episode, they didn't even race.

What other DW shows on Netflix would you recommend?

I remember the producers talking about how they actually didn't want to do too much plot stuff and racing, so that's why there was less focus on racing and more on character-driven comedy.

Weird, since it was some of the people that worked on Motorcity.

As for recommendations, depends on what you like. I enjoy All Hail King Julien, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Puss in Boots, Voltron, and Trollhunters, thought the former two are more comedic and SoL. KJ does have a lot more continuity and LORE than a comedy usually would. The latter three are more action/adventure oriented, with larger arcs and development as they go on.

That's all I've seen, though. I can't speak for the other shows.

Oof, well, it was meant to be the first kid's show original for Netflix, guess that's why it turned out the way it turned out. But then again the more you progress into the show the more it clashes with the original movie, and like you said, many of the staff worked on Motorcity.

All Hail King Julien sounds kind up my alley, though, might give it a try.

Also Whiplash best snail

Fap to the snails' feet too or don't fap at all my negro

iirc it was meant to be a TV series and they started developing it before the movie was released assuming it would be a franchise.

Then the movie flopped and the studio realized it wasn't gonna be a cash cow so production immediately stopped. But they still had some finished episodes so what the hell throw em on Netflix

It must smell wonderful

>haha, what if, what if we had snails.... going fast!!

Complete, I thought.

>That last line

Troll hunters is probably the most intense of the DW Netflix shows. The new season is Friday, actually.

>That episode where Turbo gets cucked but she was a mantis so it worked out okay.

Having watched both, I would totally agree with this line about the movie, but the show was honestly way better than it had any right to be. First season at least. Second season mostly dropped the introduction stat card jokes that were some of my favorites, and had less truly stellar episodes.

It was a deliberate parody of series finales.
You’ll notice the episode immediately preceding it was the massive here’s your last chance to say bye to every single minor character in the entire show’s run two parter that would feel at home as the finale

honestly i get the choice of switching from racing to slice of life.

"turbo wins" would be too predictable.

I did like how they took the effort to explain in almost every race why his superpowers won’t just trivialize it.

This series is AMAZING. The episode about that crazy guy... WOAH

wow really i thought that got canceled
me and gf loved it

Nope, it’s getting 26 more episodes and then an entire EU on top of that

wow i canceled my netflix sub like 5 months ago might have to restart it

I’ll do a quick summary
Turbo: you know this, it’s what happens when Dreamworks asks the Motorcity guys to do something like that but for their fast snail.

Veggietales: well, I haven’t watched this, but I hear people are off put by its HD artsyle and non-veggie OCs like Bacon Bill. 78 episodes across 2 shows

AHKJ: goofy silly times set before the Madagascar movie. It’s quirk is lore and politics; there are more than a few episodes that are a parody of some political thing like an episode where he builds a wall to keep foreigners out. 78 episodes across 2 shows

PiB: like AHKJ (in that conflict often arises from the main character doing something stupid) but more action and story. Slow start, the major story arc doesn’t start in earnest until the second season. Will have 78 episodes but the last season isn’t out yet.

Dragons: Highly story driven playing an extremely long game that might leave you tired because it’s clear that nothing is going to start to resolve until the end of its 78 episode run. Last season not out yet. Technically continuation of the Cartoon Network show; they try to make it fairly self contained but you will get lost when show original characters and events start popping up as if they’ve always been there

Dinotrux: A very clearly toy-driven show where friendship and teamwork are king as expressed through the power of construction. Fairly episodic but they do build on things (ha) over time to the point where the stuff they build near the later seasons are super sophisticated compared to what they build at the beginning. Looks like it’s going to get 78 episodes across 2 shows but it’s only 58 in right now.

Peabody and Sherman: Essentially a reboot of the original Peabody cartoons, but zanier and more high energy. Episodes are split between classic time travel stories being told on a varaiety show P&S are hosting from their house in the present. Despite being a sequel to the movie, Penny doesn’t appear. 52 episodes.

Croods: It’s a prequel to the movie set at a time when the Croods lived in a neighborhood with a bunch of other families around. Never really clicked with me, it’s mostly modern slice of life with a caveman skin on it, so just ripping off Flintstones. 52 episodes.

Voltron: anime-esque action from the team who brought you Korra and the only one of these popular enough to maintain threads on Sup Forums. It’s more focused on the characters, so if you were hoping to see the giant robot every episode, that’s not happening. Confirmed to be a 78 episode story but it’s only 39 in right now.

Home: Zany slice of life set after the movie on an earth where humans and the bizarrely quirky Boov co-exist. A Thurop Van Orman joint so it has that aesthetic about it. They hired a singer to voice the main character so musical numbers are frequent, but not every episode frequent. Should be a 52 episode show but it’s only 39 in right now and has one Xmas special.

Trollhunters: Serialized urban fantasy from Guillermo Del Toro written in distinct 13 episode arcs. Should have 52 episodes but currently only 26 in, with 13 more coming this week.

true.

that and the switch enabled the rest of the crew to have their own spotlight episodes without turbo having to job to give them the win.

Spirit: A city girl moves to the country and has trouble making friends until she meets a kindred spirit in the form of a wild untamable horse that is the best horse ever and happens to like only her. If that sounds like literally every girl and horse story, that’s because it is. It’s shamelessly the most cliche kind of horse story there is. It’s a sequel to the movie, and the Spirit in question is actually the movie Spirit’s son. Should be a 52 episode show, but it’s only 20 in right now.

I miss the character stat cards and world touring though