Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 9 Link:
rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/a88f3c57cc561ab1abe90d413073da40-5c357084/ts/index.m3u8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-KcaQSnAs_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I miss Blood Gulch

WORT WORT WORT

TFW Jaune will never have a team-attack.

>crossovers
Self-insert shit.
>yuri
Self-insert shit.
>anything but Arkos, Neptune/Weiss, and Black Sun
Self-insert shit.

what if your waifu gave herself a fertility massage while making bedroom eyes at you
youtube.com/watch?v=-KcaQSnAs_8

Is Salem supposed to be the wicked witch of the west? If so, wouldn't that make Glynda basically on par with her?

>tfw Jaune will have a team attack with an Ash Wraith that drains his aura then his life to stay materialized

I'm reading actual self insert shit right now, what are you on about

Somewhat
No, everyone's power levels are fucked because it's only what the plot needs it to be. t.jobbing cuck'dpin

did I miss the m3u8 for RWBY Rewind?

Yes. Use the archive

>Ash Wraith

Hey that's a neato word.

Why didn't Ozpin just git gud instead of indulging his conspiracy fetish?

Cause he wasn't strong enough to take it on alone and the rest of the approaches were already covered in the show you didn't watch

Adam Taurus is the faunas man with the plan!

Arkos is the most self insert shit imaginable. Even when Pyrrha is the focus.

Red vs Blue season 15 just felt pretty hollow overall.

Let's not be so blank, user. We have to give stories a chance.

But it is also fair to recognize trends.

Only gonna get worse going forward, they're tossing it at a newbie to try and greenlight some new writing talent so the existing ones aren't killing themselves

So many good artists with such awful taste

Jaune is basically female YA novel love interest.

Visually sorta, but not really.

>good

Yeah that's a pretty good drawing, user.

why have you lied to me?

>Nice nonthreatening nice guy who doesn't push the female protagonist or make her uncomfortable
>In love with a total bitch who treats him badly.
>Is a loser. But also is built like a brick has a cute face and a golden smile.

what

THAT'S A FLAT-OUT LIE!

They don't have any existing talent to replace.

Nice numbers, but you're still off.
Young female readers really lean more toward the jerk with a heart of gold, like if you gave Jaune Mercurys backstory and personality, but still made him a good guy protagonist, then he'd be the love interest to a YA female oriented novel.

>You belong with me quietly begins to play.

If you could get any writer to write a volume of RWBY, who would you pick?

Actually there's been sort of a pushback against that in recent years. That model still sells well but there's a movement against it.

It's oddly kind of Twilight's fault.

\What exactly is wrong with self insertion?

You realize that if Oscar takes Pyrrha's slot, they'll probably change their team name to ORNJ.

Ew.

source?

Miles and Kerry.

As a painful lesson to remind you to get out and snag some part time retail slots during the holiday fiesta. You too, could exchange your hamburglers to see the new RWBY character voiced by michael jones if you did.

Twilight did a pretty lousy job with the trope, it's definitely made older readers more aware of it's possibly damaging influence, but the trope still lives on.
One of the more recent examples I can think of is Guzma from the SunMoon Pokemon games attracting a largely female fanbase.

Makes perfect sense to me

>Loses his partner

>Gets demoted

>Is replaced as leader by some unknown farm boy who hears voices in his head

How much more can we make hims suffer?

I don't even remember where it came up but they were gonna have some jones, terry whatever guy what was already fairly involved take the helm and if he could hack it, it'd help lighten the load on the existing writers as they continue to develop new properties but not enough new writers

To be fair, mentally unbalanced survival guilt man wouldn't be someone I'd listen to at all.

>a movement

Look closer, user

Is there a title and thumbnail out for the newest episode yet?

Yes, it's up on the site

>it's definitely made older readers more aware of it's possibly damaging influenc
It wasn't even that man.

Twilight came out in 2005 and the film in 2008. What this did was that it hit a generation of girls who were in their early teens and went through what some have called the Twilight awakening. Which faggy name aside is basically the line of thought that occurs when those young girls got older started scoffing at Edward and some wrote their own bad shit which despite it trying it's hardest to move away from Twilight still kind of was heavily influenced by it.

It's actually kind of fascinating how much of a effect this series of shitty novels had on the industry as a whole and the people entering it later.

>drive him further down to the path of insanity
>and/or cripple him

Mute maid. Yes or no?

>To be fair, mentally unbalanced survival guilt man wouldn't be someone I'd listen to at all.
And what does any of that have to do with Jaune?

Do I need to be a First member to see it? Or can you link me to it?

Jaune is mentally unbalanced and has a bad case of survivor's guilt?

Before I commit to a yes, I'm gonna need some odds on getting stabbed by the mute maid. I'm a little old fashioned so that sort of thing is kind of a deal breaker.

It's up on the site for everyone to look at in the same place and time as it is every week

Except he doesn't.

He feels grief over Pyrrha's death but he isn't mentally unbalanced. He still is among all the cast the one with the most self awareness and self control and understanding of when the get the hell out of dodge.

Where are you getting that he's mentally unbalanced?

Which is worse:

Possibly unbalanced survivor's guilt or scrub that never got gud?

The anti-twilightfags were just as loud as the twilightfags

>Let Tyrian kill him
>Bring him back as some Grimm Monstrosity instead of Pyrrha.
>Have him kill Ren or Nora
>Have RWBY perma-kill him.

Why fuckin' not?

But you'll listen to the farm boy with no actual training, with a wizard in his head that has even admitted to having most of his plans fail

You're watching a different version of the show in your head aren't you?

Burning the midnight oil on shit he's already well past just to hear her voice. Just dangle a little magic in front of him and he'd fuck them all.

Scrub that never got gud, It's still raw right now and his reach is limited. It's later you need to jump ship.

>Jaune is mentally unbalanced and has a bad case of survivor's guilt

I'm watching the actual show which you aren't or aren't paying attention to.

>and make him conscious of his actions as a grimm but unable to resist Salem's influence

>Not listening to the paranoid, loss-scarred and desperate Jaune

>Choosing to listen to the guy that says "Don't worry I've done this literally 500 times" and not realizing what that means.

>Just dangle a little magic in front of him and he'd fuck them all.
No he wouldn't.

That is so fundamentally against his entire fucking character that it's not OOC it's basically cratering him.

Are the circle jerks of "Jaune suffering" really so powerful here?

Why is the soundtrack so shit?

it all sounds the same

Obviously!

>He has to watch his friends going to trying to save him to treating him as some freak monstrosity wearing his face

Enjoy your headcannon delusions fampai. I'm sure if you keep making excuses for jaune it'll all be okay.

>Sets him up in a hotel room at an inn along ozpin's way where all he does is watch his body bone pyrrha daki's without a break
>Opens a hunting quest for hunters to slay the insane daki fucking man haunting the Inn
>The surviving party opens the door on a scene of horror

>Dead people live again right in front of him
>He wouldn't go in for pyrrha
Sure thing kiddo

The thing that happened two volumes ago and that he finally went to his team for support when he finally found out why Pyrrha died?

Also holy shit no. Jaune wouldn't do that.

Do you watch the show or do you just get what happened from here?

When the bait is easily countered by actually watching the show why do you even try?

Yeah I do, I can't believe someone like you who's clearly watched the show could be so far off.

You mean why are there no soundtracks anymore. What are Jeff and Casey doing? RT better explain that. There hasn't been a single new song so far except for the opening. At the beginning RWBY was known for its fighting and music, and both are gone now.

I'm not for what was saying, but it's more compelling to see Jaune take on more weight before recovering. Right now, it seems like some typical protagonist getting over a death, it'd be neat for us to realize that Jaune hasn't even reached rock bottom yet.

After all, STRQ were adults when Summer died - they all went a bit crazy. For JNPR to just 'bounce back' even better than STRQ is just weird to me.

When you don't even see what the show tells you, why do you even post?

I really tried to give RWBY a shot. The writing is great they said. My sister loves the shit out of it and she has cancer so when she wants to watch it I'll try but I also have a problem - I have a degree in animation. It means I owe 30K to the government and have a drinking problem but it also means when animation is shittier than an Indian street I can't appreciate any of the show. And the first season at least - and most of the clips I've been forced to watch in later seasons - has some of the most goddawful animation I've ever fucking seen in any goddamn cartoon. I know the writing is supposed to be good and I try to listen to my sister when she talks about it but my god...If I didn't know it was genetic I'd think this show gave her the cancer.

But I love Rooster Teeth in general because RvB is fucking great...even though it's become kinda meh. I still enjoy it. Also they're fun guys from their side stuff. Their fans are fucking weirdos but hey I guess that makes sense...

Laser Team exists...I saw it and I know it exists. It wasn't notable but it didn't offend me...

I think this post is my existential crisis. I thought I liked Rooster Teeth but I hate RWBY and a lot of their stuff seems to suck. Post some of their cool stuff nobody talks about so I can fringe them in.

Or don't. Who gives a fuck about an anonymous clearly drunk internet post?

J-just wait for the finale user. W-we'll get 4 big episodes filled with music and action. R-right?

Because of this?

>The writing is great they said.
>the writing is supposed to be good
You were lied to.
Watch Camp Camp.

It's always fun watching people completely misinterpret characters, yet they do so with complete confidence that they are right and are backed by canon. It's a joy watching as the show goes on on their headcanons get debunked and all that anything in the show that actually supported them was completely unintentional on the writers part.

And I bet you think this post isn't about you

Well you do realize how unbelievably dysfunctional STRQ is compared to not onlY JNR but also Ruby?

Qrow and Raven were bandit kids who Raven went back to ditching her kid. Qrow was even back then Ozpins boy and Tai Yang was married and suddenly alone.

Jaune isn't that unstable. Even with Pyrrha dead Nora and Ren stuck by him and shipping aside he has this love for Ruby that's kind of astronomical.

STRQ didn't have that. They were kind of set up to break that way actually.

RWBY has become RT's premiere talk show!

I watched to try and figure out why it is popular. It has a charm to it, but I still don't fully understand.

>1337

Then you're not going to like it.

It's a series that's appeal is that its fun and you like it.

Well they've established much of the character's leit motif's so there's noticeably more callbacks to maintain the continuity

They've had path to isolation. smile, ignite not to mention that in general many of the songs have been subtly woven in

Nobody with any sense says the writing or the animation is good. You need to quit alcohol badly. Get fucking help

What can cheer up this sad birb?

I do like it. I just don't understand why I like it and why a lot of people do.

Taiyangs dick.

The main appeal is that it's a rich setting for shipping, fanart, and fanworks. The show itself is a smoldering shit fire

Her butch lover.

Salem and Ozpin's souls stuck in gems shoved into qrow's decapitated head sunk to the bottom of the ocean at the farthest reaches of the world?

She's willing to make a deal that she can only stab you on her birthday, and that will be considered her birthday present. All other abuse is fair game though.

>has this love for Ruby that's kind of astronomical.

...What?

STRQ was dysfunctional yet all of the members think back to it fondly. Raven and Qrow were trained to hunt hunters for chrissakes but once Summer dies everything goes on the fritz.

Also when does Raven canonically ditch Yang, right after birth?

This is a post to all of us. It will probably go the most generic and 'failsafe' route possible.