Movie about Africans

>Movie about Africans
>Advertised with American Hip Hop

I don’t understand this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wOhrNvL1wBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WE

They want to reach the biggest segment of American negroes: dumb niggas. Using actual african music would turn niggas off.

I used to think like this but if Thor can play Led Zeppelin then I see no reason why Black Panther can’t use Hip Hop. These complaints also only based on the notion that Hip Hop is “bad” but that sentiment is mostly shared by cringy Conservative nerds here on Sup Forums. It’s very popular across the world amongst normies and they’re responding well to it. Hell, I’ve seen the reddest of necks roll by me blasting Kanye on my college campus.

The only problem I have with the music is the first song in the second trailer. It sounds like that cringy wannabe thug black kid we all knew growing up.

>”SHOW ME MY RESPECT” AND BOW DOWN!”

I really hope they take advantage of the setting for the score. There are so many things they could do by using various african styles and influences. Plus it'd be VERY new to audiences outside of Africa and it's diaspora.

Pretty sure they just want the chinks.

The fact that the score isn't techno with some african melodies really bothers me

BP is african american pandering

>Very popular amongst normies

This. I’ve never been to a party where Hip Hop music wasn’t played. It’s good marketing, they made the smart choice.

>movie adapted from an American IP
>movie written by Americans
>movie made by Americans
>movie aimed at Americans
>advertised with American music
I know OP, it's just super confusing.

It was first advertised during a basketball game, the marketing has been very stereotypical.

you're right. they should have stuck w/ ac/dc and led zeppelin. totally fits the theme.

Everyone listens to Hip hop, dude.

I’m sure most of the people here complains probably has at least one “black” song downloaded on their phones.

Egypt is in Africa. Your argument is invalid.

During the nba finals. Advertisers drop trailers during popular sporting events in america. I'm saying this because not everyone here is american so maybe you didn't know.

Nubian dynasty

>”I-IT DOESNT COUNT!”

>africa doesnt have music

Negro.

Why can't you just admit Marvel are racist?

South-Africa is like the poor urban area for African-Americans, therefore street music starts playing. You look at any modern take on ancient Egypt, nigger quire starts singing about slavery, because thats what the upper-class African-Americans used to be.

Black Panther is about street kid becoming the mayor of the hood, wheres Egypt films are about the downfall of kings of Africa. See, now that you know the whole picture, Hip Hop makes perfect sense.

It is sad that this movie, good or bad, is going to bomb so hard in china. I hope it won't stop marvel from making panter 2 .

This is not a movie about actual africans.

But it still takes place there. Anyway the point was to stop acting like their only other musical option was "led zeppelin", since you apparently need it spelled out fo ryou.

GotG was heavily advertised during NBA games too.
youtu.be/wOhrNvL1wBM

>But it still takes place there.
In a fictional country.

Ryan Coogler and Chad Boseman weren't their only options either, Africa has directors and actors, what's your point?

it would be rather hard to pull off, contrary to what some people may think, the way africans think and I mean on a conceptual level is so different, that someone who grew up in another sociaty would struggle to understand. My family lived in africa for over 200years, and we still only broadly understand what people here mean when they talk. Words are easy, but try talking to someone who has not concept of the future, as a tens and as an idea.

>movie about a fictional nation must be completely accurate

>Anyway the point was to stop acting like their only other musical option was "led zeppelin"
Npbody really said that.

I dunno, I've watched some African movies and I didn't feel lost. But then it's true than those movies don't have shit for mass appeal.

>is going to bomb so hard in china.

China is botb fascinated by and scared of black people. They also love Marvel and big CG blockbusters that take them to fantasy worlds. Plus Chadwick Boseman is very popular over there. I dont think it'll do gangbusters but it most certainly wont flop.

I'm just waiting for butthurt Sup Forumsacks to compare BP's box office to insanely successful movies like Transformers to save face when they get proven wrong. Hell, I'm going to screencap this post so I can post it in a couple months when they start doing it.

truth be told, if they replaced slokovia with ukrain it would be like real life, including a russian hydra,

It's just silly to get upset about a song that plays during the trailer. Especially considering 9 times out of 10 the song won't even be in the movie. Feels like people are reaching for something to hate about this movie.
>pic related
50 cent played during every trailer. Never made it into the movie.

I actually think they could have gone with african people, but it's not a deal breaker, neither is the choice of music.

Never said that. The point is that there's a lot of african musical styles and sources they could use, and I hope they do. because it fits the place, and it's new to people outside of my continent.

So the ironic led zeppelin comment is uncalled for.

yes, set in africa.

who the fuck has ever heard Asgardian music before you mongoloid? African music actually exists so that's a plausible reason to use it for the trailer. I feel like it's more racist to market a people full with black people using hip hop than not having any black people in the movie at all. Using hip hop and connecting it to ALL black people is pretty much a negative statement on black culture. obviously, on this board there is no need for understanding things like that because people are too dumb to know or care about culture related issues

Only cringy person here is you friend.

Popular =/= good

>Black Panther is about street kid becoming the mayor of the hood

nigga, do you even know who T'Challa is?

They've never spent time around actual Africans. That is the explanation

Do Scandinavians not have music or something?

>who the fuck has ever heard Asgardian music before you mongoloid?

Who has ever heard of Wakandan music? They could have played Scandinavian music but they didn't.

So where is the objective fact that hip hop music isn't good?

Look its that cringy conservative nerd he was talking about!

I hope you are right. I worked with enough engieers from china, to know they will not want to watch a movie with black people in it period. You can have one, and if he or worse she, ain't some super minor role, they just do not want to watch it.
hey man I don't feel lost either, and of course every culture has its own special quirks. Am not saying I get everything in Korean kino, but some stuff just does not translate well. Just simple stuff, and try imagine this within the marvel vers, for africans the concept of good vs evil offten looks like this. Someone steals cows from me. Bad. I steal cows from somoene good. Now imagine black panther and his brother when each one of them feels to be in the right, because the throne is his by birthright/being picked by father. Westerners would be mind blown, seeing wakandans condeming people for purges in africa, and then doing the same things themselfs .

>it's racist to use black music for a black movie
what did he mean by this?

>Using hip hop and connecting it to ALL black people is pretty much a negative statement on black culture
Not really.

you cannot possibly be this dumb, can you?

>asgard
>literally not even on this planet but in another plane of existence
>wakanda
>in africa

jesus fucking christ

>Black Panther is about street kid becoming the mayor of the hood
Is this nigga serious?

Neither one is real you fucking retard.

If they wanted "accurate" Asgardian music, that would just be scandanavian viking shit. But instead they played Led Zeppelin.

too cold to make music. they would have to be warm to sing or play instruments, and as we know it this ends up super gay like lets say ABBA.

>Asgard
>Fictional area based on Norse mythology from Scandinavia

>Wakanda
>Fictional area invented by Americans set in Africa

Are you trying to bait by pretending to be retarded?

Gringos don't care about africa and think all blacks are like theirs.

Wheres the objective fact that popular is also equated with good?

Le straw man face amiright?

it's racist to use american ghetto music for a movie set in africa whereas africa has its own music AND wakanda is a tribal place to begin with

it is or do you expect movies to play guqin music everytime a chinese person is in a movie?

>Wheres the objective fact that popular is also equated with good?

Burden of proof is on you. You said hip hop music wasn't good so prove your objective opinion. Or can you admit that music is purely subjective and is neither good nor bad?

Forgot to tag you

One borrows from Scandinavian mythology thousands of years old and is set in space, while the other uses character created during the Civil rights movement and is set in Africa.

Theres no comparison friend

difference is that one of those places is not on this planet while the other is. also, wakanda literally has african influences in their clothes, buildings etc while the other one doesn't

>it's racist to use american ghetto music for a movie set in africa
It might be if Wakanda was actually real

>american ghetto music

T. White guy

Read again i said popular =/= good.
You decided to equate that to "hip hop"

saying that using hip hop in a BP movie isn't racist is the same as saying that black people have no culture other than hip hop culture, period.

It's not being marketed to Africa, which is the actual important thing here.

That said, the marketing is working. I can't help but laugh at the wishful thinking of certain folks who believe nobody wants to see this and it'll bomb due to the marketing. My sixty-seven-year-old white middle class parents who pretty much exclusively watch arthouse shit want to see this film.

oddly enough they are much much worse. when was the last time you heard, not an expert on america though, about ritual canibalism or infant rape to get rid of aids. Detroit and Washington are suppose to be tough places, by they are nothing comparing to my own Johannesburg. When was the last time police told people to never stop no matter what they see or hear, get guns and armored car doors in america?

>Theres no comparison friend

Ok then I'm right and the music complaint is void.

>difference is that one of those places is not on this planet while the other is. also, wakanda literally has african influences in their clothes, buildings etc while the other one doesn't

Asgard has Scandinavian influences. Stop being retarded.

advertising appeals to its intended audience. As in, American blacks.

Using hip hop in a BP movie because it's "black culture" is pretty much like saying that all blacks have the same culture (which is fucking retarded) and is also completely unfitting

but it takes place in Africa, guy.

Marvel is not trying to sell this movie to africans. The trailers are meant for an african american audiences and I DON'T reallt see the probpem there.

>wakanda is a tribal place
Wanna know how I know you don't read comics?

This is getting sad, one takes place in space and offers no ties to the human world, the other is in Africa with ties to the human world. Theres no comparison in the post you made.

I'm just someone who is interested in other cultures unlike many retards on this board. it's as if you fuckers have only ever been in america and can't fathom the thought of knowing stuff about other countries and their customs

How is that a counter argument? OP was complaining because they didn't use african based music in the trailer.

>saying that black people have no culture other than hip hop culture

No? Why would you think that? Hip Hop is part of AA culture. I dont know where you got that opinion from. Would you be saying the same thing if they marketed it with Jazz and Blues music?

well white guilt is strong among whites in some countries. oddly enough it is the strongest among people who have little to no contact with actual black people. Ask anyone who had to run from zimbawe/Rodesia, if they feel any guilt about stuff done to black people ever. Including stuff not done by whites.

There’s quite a lot known actually, but it’s mostly the province of music and history nerds.

Wow, that's retarded. No one said hip hop is the only black culture. But it's certainly one of them.

>saying that using hip hop in a BP movie isn't racist is the same as saying that black people have no culture other than hip hop culture,
No it's not.

No its a fake nation, but if your not going to take all the inspiration you can from the continent you put your fake nation on, what was the point of even putting it there.

What's funny is that the only people who even care are the same ones who got angry about Heimdall being black. Actual black people don't give a fuck and are hype for BP.

Self righteous white mans burden tier whites are a cancer upon this world friend.

Music is subjective. My original point was that Sup Forums thinks Hip Hop is objectivley bad while that isn't the case because millions enjoy it. I never said it was good just because it's popular.

I don't want to watch it in theaters, since I know it will attract a lot of niggers, and they will ruin the experience for me.

this is the point that I'm trying to make. americans don't know about africans even though they always act as if they do

you seem to be not getting the point at all. scandinavian influences is different to literally being an african city

you know exactly what I was referring to even though I used the wrong term. wakanda has similarities to tribe culture even though it's not an outright tribe

Oh, and to my contemporary ears it’s really fucking boring no matter how many centuries of drunken knife fights, lung cancer and arson it went with. But you could probably use it as a starting point for some nice movie music.

>trailer starts with massive Onkel Kånkel beats

ho there my friend. We all know that blues and jazz always was a jewish/german thing. Not saying that black americans didn't participate in it, but all the greatest jazz composers were jewish.

If you let the actions of a bunch of uneducated angry folks lashing out at perceived oppressors colour your opinion on an entire race, you have to be willing to condemn every race as absolutely the worst and worthy of extermination.

>one takes place in space and offers no ties to the human world

Are you autistic? Those aspects dont matter because our argument is based on cultural influences.

Does Asgard have Scandinavian influences? Yes or No? Does Wakanda have African influences? Yes or No?

sure man, am sure that if black panther was suddenly made white, black people wouldn't care as long as the movie is good right ?

>implying Mugabe hasn’t been absolutely terrible for everyone

>american ghetto music

You say that its objectively not bad, yet say music is subjective at the same time. You're not really going anywhere with this or making sense

>you seem to be not getting the point at all. scandinavian influences is different to literally being an african city

A fake African city with African influences just like the fake Scandinavian city with Scandinavian influences.

Are you really trying to equate changing Heimdall's race with changing BP's?

Surely you're not this retarded.

But we're not talking all black cultures but black americans. Black panther is an american superhero made by americans for americans so you're the dumb shit who is saying this movie is meant to represent all black cultures when in reality it's obviously been an african-american movie from the very start.

>Would you be saying the same thing if they marketed it with Jazz and Blues music?

I would because that's still not music from Africa (even though the music is far superior)

>Hip Hop is part of AA culture

exactly. american, not african. why bother putting american music in it then when african americans always yell about how they can sympathise and relate to africans? it's an obvious marketing ploy deliberately focusing on the "we wuz" audience without making them realise it. lowest common denominator shit as always

asgardians didn't exist though...

that's what the trailers are reinforcing though since they completely ignore african music. that's all that I was trying to say. I couldn't care less about what black americans think but Hollywood is painting the wrong picture of right about every culture out there

the target audience isn't Africans, nigga

It's an American movie, you fuckwit.

It cant be objectively anything if it's purely subjective.

I think you may be the autistic one.

One is on earth and bound to human will and ideals, the other is literally another dimension floating in space or something bound by the will and ideals of aliens.

WE

They're both fictional.

>Calls me autistic
>Entire argument about real cultural influences is based on redundant fictional characteristics

Answer my first question.