Will Disney be able to do Doom justice? Especially with their villain track record?

Will Disney be able to do Doom justice? Especially with their villain track record?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qi86yeXB9pI&t=332s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

villain track records are beneath doom.

Perhaps. I'm more just concerned as to who could properly act as him.

No. They fucked up Zemo pretty hard.

Loki came out pretty decent, I'm sure they will be able to do justice for Doom if they don't treat him as a 1 movie threat only

>inb4 doom is the big bad for the next avengers movie

Yeah but Loki has always been consumed by selfpity and its alright to have be sympathetic. Doom was a crazy son of a bitch who melted his own face because of a combination of pettiness and arrogance and having the balls to actually do it. Those traits make for an interesting guy but not a sympathetic one.

>inb4 he's the mastermind behind phases 4-6 and the main focus of phase 7

fpbp

You can easily write DOOM as a good guy that does bad things because he thinks they are a necessary evil.
He is a tyrant but not a bad one.
He as also always had an inferiority complex toward Reed that is similiar to what Loki feels for Thor.
I'm not saying they should be written identically but it's not like you could not make him a big bad in one movie and just build on his character in subsequent ones to make him symphatetic, just like we did with Loki.

Which version to adapt even, to ensure a proper translation to film? I feel like Ultimate is out of the question.

Literally was just about to make a Doom thread, can we get some gets of Doom's best panels please?

also posting the obligatory; youtube.com/watch?v=qi86yeXB9pI&t=332s

That voice actor is kino.

I want Ben to psyche him out during a crucial moment in the finale where he questions if Victor is a legit doctor since finishing college wasn't a part of his long-winded origin spiel post-accident from earlier in the film, giving Reed a crucial moment to turn the tables; one of the most brilliant minds on the planet outsmarted by some guy from Yancy Street

Only if they give him his own self titled movie.

>fucked up Ultron
>fucked up Zemo
>fucked up the Mandarin
>fucked up Loki
>Probably gonna fuck up Thanos

Actually Ultimate, with a few tweaks, is easier to adapt. I mean, compare the two:

>Reed and Victor are at the same "think tank"
>Vic is less of an autist and actually behaves like a human
>son of wealthy Belgian and heir to a great legacy
>the strain makes him snap
>cue "I can save everyone"

vs

>gypsy with a witch mother
>witch mother kills the villages' babies
>villages kill her
>"TIS A CRIME OF WHITE SUPREMACY"
>evil baron kills the gypsy doctor because in a whole country, it's the gypsy you contact
>American Scout goes looking for geniuses in a gypsy camp in the fucking Balkans
>Vic's such an autist he blows up himself
>goes on to do crazyshit because... reasons

Really, remove the Goat-Legs and instead of gaining powers have Vic gain nothing but a scar and such try to overcompensate, and the Ultimate origin works much, much better. People hated it because of the Goat-Legs, but it makes more sense thematically.

If they kill off Loki and Thanos they'll need an ongoing villain so he'll probably not be killed off and therefore will see development like Loki.

Also the villains in Phase 3 have been really good.

Doom is such a great/fun character when written correctly. Plus, he's both a Virgin and a Chad all at once.

Zemo's harder to work with than Doom, with the whole nazi thing that they need to tiptoe around.

If they can handle a darth vader well, they'll do fine.

Can we get Lee Pace back to play Doom? He was wasted in GOTG as Ronan.

My favorite Marvel villain is Doctor Doom
My favorite DC villain is Professor Zoom

Really makes me think...

They saving Zemo for Thunderbolts.

>tfw Mads already played a character for MCU and it was goddamn forgettable and atrocious
>tfw no Mads Doom
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>white guy
>for Doom
Are you razist?! We NEED him to be a proud POC! I mean, it's that aspect of him that trumps everything else! Nevermind how he's been drawn for decades!

The only MCU villains I remember are Loki, Vulture and Stain

Til Schweiger for Doctor Doom

The one fucking villain they didn't kill off, so they better. Zemo was good, he just needs the purple sock-mask to be complete.

Are you kidding? It would be much better if Ben Grimm was a POC so people can cheer when *record scratch* "Clobberin' time" starts and Doom gets pounded into pavement.

Let's see:

Good villians
Red Skull
Hela
Ronnan
Loki
Zola
Hydra
Vulture

Meh
Zemo
AIM
Ego
Whipslash
Surtur

Shit tier
Ultron (Blame Whedon)
Malekith

So yeah good hopes.

Obviously I'm sarcastic. Gyppo Doom's origin is stupid and should be left in the trash. Just mix Ultimate and 616 and make him a proper European.

As for Ben, he's Jewish and has Blue Eyes. Those are his two defining traits. Change that and he doesn't work.

I think it all depends on how Doom can be balanced on the spectrum between "villain" and "antagonist" - even though it's probably wishful thinking that the MCU could handle that distinction for even the likes of a Big Bad such as himself.

Ideally (for an Avengers movie); I'd like to see a plot emphasizing the vague, peripheral impressions that Western society holds over foreign nations like Latveria due to it's detached/isolated nature and it's non-democratic government, which would become contrasted with a significantly more positive reality that the media has never had an agenda to do justice for. So, throughout the film, shades of gray crop up painting Doom as benevolent - despite being heartlessly rigid with his laws at the same time. The conflict should simply emerge from the inevitable, unchecked chaos of the world that Victor himself knows he can fix - with the only problem being, non-DOOM run governments are just an obstacle for him that have to be undone for the sake of an objectively greater good.

HOWEVER, for a Fantastic Four movie, I'd definitely prefer to see Doom's worst being brought out through his hatred for Reed; all of his arrogance, conceit, and white-hot misanthropy getting inflamed like the searing pain from the very burn wounds that had scolded his face all those years ago. He absolutely needs to be a full-fledged villain in a FF movie. Maybe he could retain a reasonable level of Kingly amnesty with others, still be a decent Monarch to his people, but FUCK Richards, and his whole fag-tastic family too. If Doom doesn't threaten Reed with his own variation of the Navy Seal's copypasta at least once, his whole characterization has failed completely. The annexation of Fox itself, really, would've been all for naught

The one thing we can say for sure is that Disney has two examples of what not to do from the first 2 F4 movies and Tranktastic completely not getting Doom (or really anything about the F4) at all

yeah who cares about who will play him lets figure out how can they fit Latveria in all of this? super duper stealth tech not even Wakanda can detect?
I find it hard to believe that they'll bother to do an origins for the F4 and Doom

Is Doom the ultimate villain for all the properties to unite against? I know it's been done in Secret Wars and Marvel Ultimate Alliance so far, any other examples?

>Meh tier
>Zemo
I'm sorry, who? Do you mean Dudeman McPersonface? Also known as The Credible Regular Man?

Magic. He ain't gotta explain shit. He's first teased in a Doctor Strange sequel when Strange finds and uncovers the hidden kingdom of Latveria. Runs across Doom, who defends his country from the interloper. They fight to a draw and Strange flees "trapping" Doom. Doom vows revenge against Strange and the "outside world".

Aside from this Zemo not being evil, it kinda undermines the point of the Thunderbolts if they went into without plotting to backstab everyone and ended up getting redeemed along the way. Also Mach-1 is going to be the Vulture.

Like, two secret wars

>Ronnan
Ronnan was Meh tier at best

They make Doom work by making the movie mostly about him. Have him working on the device that will transport him to Mephistos realm to save his mom. Reed Richards could be working with him to make the portal work, thinking they are just making a teleporter, not opening up a portal to hell (since he is a sceptical shit and wouldn't believe it anyway). Richards goes over everything one last time before they start up the device, finally seeing Dooms numbers and "correcting" them (since he doesn't know about portal to hell) This causes dooms horrific accident, in addition to being the cause of small rifts that allow demons to slip into earth. This all starts at the beginning of a Dr. Strange movie where he has to defend the earth from these hellish threats.

Fast forward a bit, doom has trained in the mystic arts a bit and insert the Triumph and Torment story line with Dr strange. They go down to rescue dooms mother and seal the hell rifts. They free dooms mother from mephisto but she dies/is unable to come back to life in the process. Doom blames strange for this (and maybe he is responsible, perhaps having to choose between his mother and sealing the rifts).

Movie end we get a complete picture of doom, with reason to despise richards and possibly strange, opening him up to plot against the rest of the MCU, maybe for a beyonder movie sometime in the future.

It's fucked up that we will never see your movie. Or anything like that.

>all according to keikaku
>muh family
Nah, he was fine. Rumor has it they're doing Thunderbolts anyway and he's one of the few that hasn't been killed off.

I'm more surprised this didn't happen already.

No... Karl Urban. Always delivers a great performance even when given shit dialog. Doesn't care if his face is seen on screen or not if it is right for the character.

Well, in the Animated Universe, Dr Doom already appeared back at "Ultimate Spider-Man", "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH" and "Avengers Assemble". So, I think they could actually do something good with him.

>great actor
>believable as Eastern European/Gypsy based on looks
>foreign accent
>deep voice
>charismatic and intimidating aura
>fitting build

Well, Doom isn't a villain.

Yoooooo