Iger says Deadpool could stay R-rated

>"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651

Based Iger

>yfw James Gunn directs the sequel to Deadpool 2

I mean, Disney may focus on the general audience, but they're not fucking retarded. They know why and how Deadpool is popular, Gunn himself even commented on this. They're just going to let Reynolds keep doing his thing.

We will see, the more likely thing is they will cancel Deadpool 3 & repackage Deadpool to fit in the PG-13 MCU, they will probably reference it by bleeping out his curse words & blaming Disney, fans will clap & cheer like they are in on the joke

DC! I come to bargain.

user from another thread is right, you people literally just make up entire scenarios with 0 evidence just so you can make yourself unnecessarily mad

They literally said the opposite of that in the article, but go with whatever narrative that makes your contrarian heart happy I guess.

>Deadpool 3 gets canned and we get Spider-Man and Deadpool buddy cop movie where Spidey is the one that keeps Deadpool from going into R rated territory but Deadpool slowly corrupts Spidey and in the end they both just swear and do shit to their hearts content
Give it to me
Right fucking now

>Deadpool 3 is a troma film
>Deadpool 3 is a tragicomedy
Not sure which one I want more

>Singer/Kinberg X-men getting killed
>Feige X-men with Rightclops, and spandex Wolverine
>Deadpool stays unharmed
Best timeline

a moment of silence for the death of DCHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Add
>nuhumans is fucking dead

Also
>Xmen and F4 in games/merch again

>Inhumans once again go back to absolute fucking obscurity where no one gives a shit about them
>their show is so fucking bad it's just not gonna go anywhere anymore
>based Mutants back in the games and possibly the cartoons maybe
THE absolute best timeline
Based Disney for killing the Inhumans

>GOTG 3’s post credit scene could have Deadpool now.

>we get Marvel MAX Studios for R-rated Marvel movies
I-IT'S HAPPENING!

>muh HILARIOUS Spideypool hijinks! hee hee!

I want normies to leave.

The first film was a tragivomedy

>This means we can literally get a Punisher Max movie

>getting marvel max films
>make a studio for r rated films for other franchises, including a gritty star wars bounty hunter film
Did the fox deal uncuck disney?

Yeah, that's the most likely scenario. Disney saw the potential that Deadpool and Logan had and they want in.

The only problem is that most of the characters that could go in an R-Rated film division (Punisher, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, etc) already have tv shows or have appeared in some capacity in one.

Will they reboot them? Will they just move them from the small-screen to the big-screen?

In other words, just give me my fucking Heart of Darkness movie and be done with it.

>I hate fun

Woah now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. An R-rated Star Wars movie is definitely a never ever.

Why not? Lots of characters and troies from the EU could only be R rated

They'll just say the Netflix-verse is non-canon and do Max Versions anyway

>EU

Because Star Wars still has to be marketed towards kids.

>Post credit scene is just Deadpool explaining the technicalities of the merge and why he can now be part of the MCU alongside X-mens and F4

>it will never be like the early 2000s again with shitty studios vomiting out grimdark, badly produced, horribly casted shit like 2002 Daredevil, Blade III and Ghost Rider
>we may get all our favorite edge characters in all their glory and with Disney's money and efforts behind them and directors like James Gunn to work on them

I'm warming to this change a little now, honestly. Let's just hope this un-cucks Disney like it should.

DC Comics are raping Marvel Comics.
Fact.

I'm pretty sure the movie industry is a lot more important for Warner and Disney

sure they are

just not in dollar or market share or any way that actually matters

How long until Disney makes an R-rated cartoon?

>R-Rated Moon Night
>R-Rated Thunderbolts
This pleases me.

No it doesnt you fucking idiot. Star wars was never a kids franchise. Look at ROTS and tell me thats a kids movie

No, I hate the fact that every cancerous normie keeps pushing for all this unfunny Deadpool and Spiderman shit like a hypothetical quipfest movie and the comic all because of a retarded ship with no basis started by fujos who don't read comics. Deadpool's having his buddy cop movie with Cable and that's the way things are supposed to be. As nature intended.

>still has to be marketed to kids
It's much harder to market an R rated movie to children than it is a PG-13 movie.

I watched it as a kid and liked it a lot, pretty fun, Anakin was my favorite character

>any way that actually matters
>implying putting out quality material doesn't matter

What the fuck do the big guys at Disney even fucking want with all that money? They're so rich that they're probably completely dead inside and money wouldn't even matter to them anymore and they'd probably think of them like fucking game counters. Quality means monumentally more than money does in today's world where most mainstream entertainment sucks total ass, completely lacks any heart and everything's pandered to the lowest common denominator of normies.

Its mostly adukt nostalgia fags excited for TLJ. Have you seen the toyline? The packaging and character selection is so bad it seems the director wanted it to appear like a serious film with no nonsense, so hasbro stupidly cut any background aliens and trooper variants that EVERY other movie line had. Plus the director is a shit writing cunt so i cant wait for the backlash to ruin his shit career.

...and none of that shit in the EU is worth caring about.

What's the most memorable EU shit? Mara Jade? Admiral Thrawn? Kyle Katarn?

>Deadpool attending new employee orientation at disneyland.

The background aliens in the cantina can have a more interesting movie then the shit that is TLJ

For kids? No.

ALL ages. YES.

>R rated Moon Knight

Good lord yes. I really feel like a Moon Knight trilogy could be this decade's Blade.

it doesn't matter if it doesn't fucking sell retard

ask Alcon how much Blade Runner's quality matters now that it's bombed so bad they probably have to shut down

I actually agree with that. But you're comparing garbage and sewage, and going R isn't going to help.

Who cares about comics?

people never lie, ever! specially people working for big companies

>Star wars was never a kids franchise.
It turned into one with Return of the Jedi and those marketable Ewoks.

Yes it will, R rating already makes it a more quality movie

>DC Comics are raping Marvel Comics.

and in tv shows
animation
video games
animated movies

>Star wars was never a kids franchise.
No but it was a family franchise. Seriously how deep in fanboyism do you have to think SW is a mature franchise for mature people

never

Yeah sure, a franchise known for its violence and death isnt ready for an R rated movie at all. Do you know how fucking stupid you sound?

>animation
>animated movies
Not so much these days

I would be disappointed he's wasting time he could use on something interesting.

>and in tv shows
literally every DC show is cancelled or on a network where shows getting shitty ratings don't matter
>animation
there's literally nothing but TTG
>video games
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what videogames
>animated movies
Oh yeah Batman in Japan and Batman vs Joker in 19th century gotham look SO MUCH BETTER that Into the Spiderverse

>Casual Faggot Spotted.

Leave.

>i hate fun

Violence and death =/= R rated

It needs to have more fag

Can we go back to talking about Deadpool now?

>it doesn't matter if it doesn't fucking sell retard

...there are things that are more important than money, user. That was my entire point. Plus DC makes enough money from normies buying K Mart t-shirts with trinity logos on them alone among other things to keep them afloat forever so they can keep producing good quality shit for their longtime fans and keep making money.

Is Magnetto going to be Quicksilvers and Scarlet Witch's father again?
That was the dumbest fucking retcon.

Nah it wasn't that bad

jesus you really are fucking retarded

>shit is fun

sure I guess I do hate fun then.

>But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool
GET READY FOR MARVEL STUDIOS MAX

>but muh shekels

One can argue that it was a necessary one as long as Magneto remains a holocaust survivor.

>Mara Jade
>memorable

Imagine being this much of a shut-in neet.

>Deadpool 3 is announced
>it's an adaption of The Good, the bad and the ugly

Why would you want an R-rated Star Wars film?
why are people so enthusiastic about Star Wars films being produced into eternity?

Please don't let Star Wars in on this, I don't want "the X-gene is female".

>there's literally nothing but TTG
And Justice League Action

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what videogames
Same could be said of Marvel, but even moreso.

>Spiderverse
Sony.

>just not in dollar or market share or any way that actually matters

>Still believing Marvels numbers are legitimate after repeated evidence they're fudged.

YES! YES! YES!

The dollar shares can't be fudged, but Marvel uses a lot of dirty tricks to get that number.

Disney lets Feige run Marvel, that one bitch run Star Wars, they'll let Reynolds have Deadpool.

They're a corporate beast but they know how to delegate responsibility.

They seem to be the last Corporate Beast to have any clue what its doing.

That ends when Iger retires.

>Detective Comics Comics

This. Feigie has already entertained the possibility of "repetitions", meaning he"ll just wrestle away anything from Ike and make his own version

They should end the MCU with Deadpool Kills the MCU.

Guess that is a plus that Feige will stay at Marvel because after Avengers 4, what more could he possibly do over there. Guess any talks of him leaving now are moot.

You will be disappointed. But you will never admit it because brand loyalty.

THIS

>moot
Imagine if he was in charge of a cinematic universe.

that would be actually fucking awesome

Make Spider-Man 2 the Spider-Man/Deadpool movie

>net neutrality is dead
>shills will have to pay to do their unpaid job

LANGUAGE

It'd be like The Social Network but gayer and more autistic.

Snacks would be the antagonist

>fans
wut

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE