I didn't get it

I didn't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

getcomics.info/other-comics/the-boys-omnibus-vol-1-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Superheroes suck! Corporations suck! Government sucks! Soldiers are cool. The end

What do you mean?

Fuck off, cunt

Went on, and on, and on, overstayed its quirks, and it was all around pretty boring.
Also all three endings were kinda bullshit.

That has nothing to do with "getting it".

Lol if you wear spandax you are a incompetent paedophile, homosexual rapist. But not my duster wearing cool gritty guys.

>not liking The Boys
JUST

So you ignored all the parts with Starlight, Love Sausage, Super Duper and G-Wiz? Good to know.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. If superheroes were real 99% of them would be narcissistic, degenerate, incompetent, unsympathetic sociopaths and the 1% that somehow managed to be decent people wouldn't be enough to make up for it.

Then you aren't the target audience of 15-22 year old fat pretentious edgemasters.

What's to get?
It's a good series but it isn't trying to teach anything or impart a lesson, just a fun twist on capes.
Shame about Robertson not doing all the art though. That McCrea dropoff is visually jarring, painful even.

>the 1% that somehow managed to be decent people wouldn't be enough to make up for it.
It was the exact opposite. It's because of people like Starlight that makes anything worth a fuck. Shit that's even the reason why Butcher is the way he is after losing his wife.

DL link?

Go through the archives, some awesome user storytimed it last summer, you can probably find the threads.

There's a LOT to go through.

Yeah, but it was too long and what was in it was either stretched out to shit (it didn't need 72 volumes) or pretty disjointed, and the character's aren't even that fleshed out.

No Hero and stuff like that are the same basic "Edgy take on degenerate superheroes" thing, in a much shorter and enjoyable format.

>getcomics.info/other-comics/the-boys-omnibus-vol-1-3/
It should be everything.

>Yeah, but it was too long and what was in it was either stretched out to shit (it didn't need 72 volumes) or pretty disjointed, and the character's aren't even that fleshed out.
Nah.

Thanks. Much appreciated

>it was too long and what was in it was either stretched out to shit or pretty disjointed, and the character's aren't even that fleshed out
Don't be a cunt all your life.

>characters aren't even that fleshed out
>Butcher
>Homelander
>literally all members of The Boys got a backstory
>James Stillwell

Yeah good one bud

Anyone have a better resolution image of this?

> Edgy McEdgington out for revenge, let's kill everyone at the end because I guess Ennis thought there was a point to be made about Hugie

> Asshole Superman Expy #28392, oh, no, wait, it was Asshole Batman Expy #40323 who was really a clone of Asshole Superman Expy #28392, out of fucking nowhere. The Plutonian is such a better example of that.

> Yeah, good, one issue, then it's all the same "Get shit done" attitude, all the time

> Cold corporate asshole. Wow.

Again, it would work if shorter form, but it's too fucking long and it's ultimately boring.

5/10 shitpost.

>Plutonian

Fuck off Waid.

Hey I liked the book.

I liked The Boys, but isn't wrong.

It was definitely trying to impart a lesson. At the very least with the ww2 stuff.

Yes he is.

The "not fleshed out" bit is not true. But you're right that it didn't need to be as long as it was.

There's nothing to get. It's a gritty stories about fucked up people being stopped and punished by ultimately more fucked up and flawed people with tons of actions and charismatic characters.
Ennis does a great job at portraying lovable assholes, as seen with Cassidy in Preacher or The Butcher here.

How am I wrong? There was nothing positive about the capes in the world, the government was incompetent and the corporation was batshit sociopathic. Again, I like the book.

He's really not, the message of the book was 2 out of a hundred people with power (Super or Political) are just shitty people with no heart. And soldiers never did anything wrong

>There was nothing positive about the capes in the world
Reread the book. Slowly this time

How about you just state your point? If you are talking about this then it's not exactly helping your case. Capes in this world are corporate-made freaks of nature with 100 layers of edge to them. The institution of Superheroes is corrupt to the core. The only capes that aren't complete shits are mentally/physically deficient or fucked up.

You forgot the part about celebrities

At parts it's like Crazy Days and Nights or whatever but with superheroes in place of the celebs

The point is
- just cause a guy gets powers doesn't turn him into an efficient hero. It just turns them into a well intended dickhead who causes more problems than he solves.
- corporations are about making money and don't give a fuck about human lives.
- most people are dickheads. Getting powers turns them into super dickheads.

Since you have a lot of money in cape comics, a company exploits this by making actual cape heroes. However they are all normal people, consequently they are assholes. Or worse, they are raised for their role, which makes them sociopaths. Or even worse, they are forced into the role, which makes them just broken junkies who use the high they get from their powers to numb the pain they live with.

That's the setup.

And the premise is: The Boys are a group of people who all got dicked by capes at some point and decided to fight back.

The complication is that the corporation is trying to get more into politics and into the military, because this means much more money.

So you get a parody of popular capes (batman, justice league, avengers, x-men, etc), a conspiracy of a potential coup in the white house, the painful story of innocents getting stuck in the middle, and the main cast who all copes with their tragic lives in their own way.

All peppered with lots of gore and very dark humour.

I loved the plane crash chapter.
How the situation gets worse and worse as supers who obviously haven't been trained nor prepared for that try to bruteforce their way into a solution.
The personalities of the Seven were on point.