Second episode of Happy! is out! Reminder that Grant writes for the show

Second episode of Happy! is out! Reminder that Grant writes for the show

youtube.com/watch?v=L9pVkry8jJA
youtube.com/watch?v=NLXOjdhNbW0

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!AzBE2aiK!-PxEde1tiVGkGbmSVs2kyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Reminder that Grant writes for the show
So make sure not to waste your time on it.

2/3rd of the whole comic is already finished but the miniseries is 8 episodes total.

Hopefully this means the narrative will actually be detective story and the idea of other imaginary friends in the world will be developed.

Christopher Meloni is an underrated actor.

>she just decks the cop in the face
Holy shit!

mega.nz/#F!AzBE2aiK!-PxEde1tiVGkGbmSVs2kyA

Bump for best comic show of the year

I've been long, a long way from here
Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos,
And drank til I was thirsty again
We went searching through thrift store jungles
Found Geronimo's rifle, Marilyn's shampoo
And Benny Goodman's corset and pen

Well, o.k. I made this up
I promised you I'd never give up

[Chorus]
If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad

You get down, real low down
You listen to Coltrane, derail your own train
Well who hasn't been there before?
I come round, around the hard way
Bring you comics in bed, scrape the mold off the bread
And serve you french toast again

Well, o.k. I still get stoned
I'm not the kind of girl you'd take home

[Chorus]

We've been far, far away from here
Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos
And everywhere in between
Well, o.k. we get along
So what if right now everything's wrong?

[Chorus]

This show is great so far.

I want to fuck Happy.

No. Happy is pure.

Holy shit, this is real.
Totally missed it, thanks for the heads up.

Been a time since I read the comic, can you remind me
Happy is not just a product of his mind but actually real, although there is no supernatural stuff going on beyond that?

In the show? So far, yes.

>mega.nz/#F!AzBE2aiK!-PxEde1tiVGkGbmSVs2kyA
Blocked in my country. It wasn't like that last week.
Fuck you america.

>mega.nz/#F!AzBE2aiK!-PxEde1tiVGkGbmSVs2kyA
Hey, thanks!

>Grant writes for the show
>it's a meme show that's been taylor-made for reddit

shocker

>Sup Forums hates Morrison now
What?

It reminds me of Gotham without the restrictions of a major network. Seems like Sup Forums would love it.

>>it's a meme show that's been taylor-made for reddit
What does this even fucking mean?

He can’t enjoy things

It means he doesn't have anything to complain about and is talking out of his butt

>Jerry Springer roasting Nick
kek

What do you think THAT writer's room is like? Can you imagine coming in for your first day and Grant Fucking Morrison is sitting across from you waiting for you to start spitballing ideas.

"I didn't even know you were still on."

He only wrote the pilot. So far.

Why is every character seem so scummy.

like Nick's ex-side thing meredith feels like a real cop but she's real fucking grimey.

The wife even seems kind of grimey but thats basically just women fighting.

It's like morrison just writes dirty people everywhere

The contrast between dirty and grimy one side and childlike and idealistic on the other is a staple of Morrison's work.

And makes Happy stand out more.

>I HAVE SEEN THE FACE OF GOD!

I've definitely enjoyed this far more than the original comic so far. The comic was just so predictable and boring that it felt like Morrison was trying to ape Millar for whatever reason. The show has the same general plot so far, but Meloni and the Crank director have made it far more entertaining. Still, anything involving Happy so far has been kind of disappointing. The CGI is shit since he never looks like he's a part of the world and nothing he does is funny.

>nothing he does is funny.

Happy on coke is a riot. And lecturing on the proper amount to tip.

Is it though? He just flipped out for a minute like almost every other cartoon character does when encountering hot sauce of moonshine. And the tip thing was a single offhand comment that was basically just a normal statement. As far as comedy goes, that's pretty fucking stale.

Humor is subjective, I suppose.

Nick has definitely gotten the better lines, though.

But why do you find it funny? I don't find it aggressively unfunny or anything but Happy's "jokes" are pretty damn lukewarm. Hell, the tip thing barely even qualifies as a joke.

Context, probably. The idea of a more violent Roger Rabbit.

Happy is the imaginary friend of a little girl. I don't imagine little kids have a developed sense of humor yet

Is it though? Roger Rabbit contrasted Eddie's seriousness by constantly being a clumsy slapstick cartoon character. Happy is just... there. He's not that funny, he's not that silly, and he he doesn't really contrast Nick that much outside of his naivete. Hell, most of his lines so far have just been "We've got to save Hailey!" and he essentially acts like a regular person most of the time. Also speaking of Roger Rabbit, that reminds me of just how shit this show has been with having Happy interact with the real world. Sure, as an imaginary friend he's not actually supposed to interact with the real world but it's painfully obvious that he's just a CGI horse animated into scenes with almost no interaction.

Fair enough.

This new episode makes me love Meloni even more.

I hated Nicks monologues in the comic,it was always "life sucks and I'm too deep for you",but tv show nick is amazing

Yeah, comic Nick is just a dour prick. TV Nick is a guy that's hit rock bottom but still knows how to have fun.

Morrisson is on seth meyers 2nite

have you seen him on veep?
He has great comedic timing, i was surprised by that one.

He's really bringing the goods with this role

He's such a good actor that his acting as Chris Keller made me gay.

user is insecure and should return to Sup Forums, that's what it means

>Grant writes for the show

how long before someone discovers they're actually fictional?

Yup.

Don't act like you don't read stupid shit, I bet you haven't read more the 3 pieces of classical literature outside of school. List what's on your "approved" list thought-police

>Seems like Sup Forums would love it.

But see, it's violent and "edgy", so Sup Forums has to hate it. Even as it was originally coming out, people were bitching the comic for being too much like a Garth Ennis comic instead of the usual hypercrisis Morrison thing.

>The CGI is shit since he never looks like he's a part of the world

Happy is a fucking imaginary friend, he SHOULDN'T look like he's part of the world.

Thanks for warning. I almost clicked the link

I love when actors well known for a specific role play a subversion of that role in a different movie/tv show/etc.

For some actors, it's just the best thing ever, and Meloni is probably one of the best guys to do it with.

Sort of like how Henry Fonda played the bad guy in Once Upon a Time in the West when he was known for playing the good guy, and was picked specifically for that shock value

love that shit.

This show is fucking amazing. Grant keeps it bonkers, I don't think this show will fall into the poor pacing trap most syfy/comic shows do

I'm hoping with the holiday theme and the fact that by episode 2 he's already agreed to assist with the plot thing that it's a mini-series. I'm loving it, but I think it'll wear thin after more than 6-8 episodes.

Same. Something like this seems like it would work best as a miniseries and not a full blown longrunning show.

My mom loved him on SVU.
She talks about how becomes a totally different characters in one episode and how the character himself is like an actor.
So she already knew that she would love happy.

Yea I'm thinking a 6-10 episode run, but I also think Morrison could think up a second season.

Is there a way to watch it online or financially support the show? I love Grant and spending money is how you keep people working etc. It's why I buy every Venture Bros item that comes out

It's kind of a double subversion, isn't it? Didn't he start appearing on OZ before SVU premiered?

Meloni played a bisexual with a gay serial killer past in Oz, before he starred in SVU as a hardass "I like beating pedophiles to pulp, since they deserve it for being sick fucks" cop, yes. It's a bit of a generational thing, since Oz ended fourteen years ago and Meloni's been off SVU for what, five, six years at this point?

I'm loving it, even though I didn't really care for the comic. And since when can you say "fuck" on syfy?

check the op, the episodes are on the official syfy youtube channel

>kidnaps a girl to fuck
>is black
Whats the point? Black girls are fucking ugly

>Happy said a squeaky swear

No Happy that is not pure

Santa in the show is shown to be supernatural in the 2nd episode, or is an amazing ventriloquist

What the fuck is wishee? Are rhey saying kids like a show where different kids get there wishes granted? That sounds so boring. is it supposed to be a reference to jimll fix it?

>kidnaping a black girl
Why, black girls are ugly

she's half black

Hold the phone, Syfy actually streams their episode on Youtube? I thought that shit only happened on pilots/first episodes of a season to drum up attention and get new people to watch the show.

Fuck, I don't hardly watch tv, so I forgot this was a thing.
When do new episodes come out?

The tip thing is humourous because it's the right thing to do

For me it was in how casually Happy delivers it, like Nick probably just forgot or something, and then Nick taking a dollar back.

exactly, most anons think they got taste when they actually just have cynical preference

Okay, i like it.