When their book comes out after Doomsday Clock, do you think they will be able to get a decent amount of new fans?

When their book comes out after Doomsday Clock, do you think they will be able to get a decent amount of new fans?

We can only hope. But I am looking forward to it regardless.

Bring back the Batson!

Depends on the writer and the roster.

God I hope. SJWs will probably hate it because it has too many old white guys

>wanting the JSA back in the current year

No.

Reading only for the art and for Power Girl.

Will it have Kent Nelson?

More than likely they're going to put Steve Orlando on it. He was teasing it on twitter as far back as last year. Which means it will probably be a rehash of Johns' JSA just like his JLA is borrowing heavily from the Morrison run.

We know that Jay Garrick and Johnny Thunder would be on the team, who else should make the cut?

We'll definitely get Hawkman, Dr. Fate, and Stargirl. I'm sure we'll get Alan Scott and Ted Grant as well.

Dr. Fate, I hope so, but bootleg, or actual?

Who here is actually present right now in Rebirth? I know Magog is a villain at the moment, and was trying to kill Nightwing

Hopefully not gay Alan Scott. I miss his kids.

Fate has showed up in Metal. And luckily it was actual fate, not khaleed.

I'm hesitant to wish on such monkey's paws now. All I really hope for is that they can get back the fanbase that kept the book financially viable for ten years.

But I fear a lot of those people have moved on by now.

I've been feeling very uneasy about this return recently, because I'm sure they're going to make a huge deal about them returning, but then the actual book is going to be mediocre and lack the history and heart that made the original run great. That's been kind of the theme of Rebirth; a lot of talk and hype over how they're bringing things back, but then when it is back it's not really the same.

I hate to be negative about this stuff, but I get the distinct feeling that the best things that are gonna come from this are gonna be Bronze Age reprints and omnis. A Golden Age JSA omni would be fantastic for next Christmas.

>Canary obviously
>Hawkman/Hawkgirl reestablished in Metal
>Mr. Terrific will be back post-Metal
>Dr. Fate brought back and hinted in Metal
>Power Girl is still on Earth-2
>Marvel and Stargirl have been dormant
>Magog but he's a totally different character and no one wants him back after that awful All-Stars run

That's all. Earth-2 still has living versions of Steel and Sandman but based on their original versions, and younger versions of Jay, Alan, and Ted.

Terrific probably won't be in the JSA since he's leading The Terrifics.

On a unrelated note, how the hell did DC convince Ross to draw some of these characters like Jack Knight or Jakeem Thunder? I thought that Ross had an autistic hatred of DC characters made after 1980.

Ross hates Kyle, but that's not unusual.

And Ross had no problems co-writing a Kingdom Come sequel in JSA.

I thought he also hated Wally?

1) Ross will do whatever for money, he draws all those ANAD Marvel covers
2) I doubt he 100% hates all new characters no matter what, I imagine he'd have a soft spot for characters that are the actual kids of the old guys or created by his buddies like Waid and Johns and probably Robinson or at least be willing to draw them if they asked

I wonder how much of pre-Flashpoint they'll retain here in terms of status quo. Will Rex, Wesley, McNider and Al still be dead? Will Rick and Jessie still be married? What about the Infinity Inc. kids? Will Sandy and Jakeem and the other legacies be around?

Obviously it's not gonna just bring back their whole post-Crisis history and it looks like they're gonna jettison the Ragnarok stuff in favor of "Manhattan disappeared them at some point".

I could see the team being most of the Golden Age team but with members of Infinity Inc., Stargirl and Power Girl.

lol there will be no new fans, the only new readers they'll pick up will be of fans of whoever the creative team is.