The MCU was a mistake

The MCU was a mistake.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-14/disney-to-become-walmart-of-hollywood-with-fox-studio-takeover

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/homenews/administration/364958-trump-congratulated-murdoch-on-disney-purchase-of-fox-assets
youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah, I've enjoyed it. Besides, Fox was the one that wanted to be purchased in the first place, its not like Disney started these talks.

As long as Sup Forums cries, I'll be happy.

Better than Comcast

fuck you Sup Forums for ruining kino and giving us walmart superhero entertainment

If disney is the walmart of hollywood, what an ATeT+ WB would be what? Wouldn't it be even bigger and more diverse industry than Disney?

>what an ATeT+ WB would be what?
The Sears of Hollywood hopefully

You deserve it, babe.

The funny thing is, trends are cyclical, and law of fig newton etc etc

One day, probably within a generation, superheroes are going to be out of fashion in the worst way with how over saturated the market is, and with all these movies being middle of the road, safe, and samey

Iron Man and Captain America will be about as "cool" to the target demo as Warrant and Ratt were in the 90s. The bubble is gonna burst, and on that day Spawn will be reborn

>probably within a year
Fixed.

The only good thing to come out of MCU was Agents of SHIELD.

And maybe bits and pieces of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Maybe so, but currently it makes them money and when they can reinvent them to be popular again 40 years from now, they have all the assets they need.

Megacorps were a mistake. Anti-Trust when?

>Disney
>reinvent
>ever

I hope by then we will be freed of franchising by relaxing of copyright laws and/or global thermonuclear war.

>kino

What did he mean by this

H-E-B

>Walt Martey

Why doesn't Disney just buy Wal-Mart?

They make money off the adventures of Snow White and other princess-type characters decades after the original release in merch, re-issues, and adaptations.

Cheer up, you can still perv over the feet of underaged gitls. They'll just be dressed in spandex now.

It's everything I've ever wanted

this
Wal-mart is more powerful?

>Spawn will be reborn

Truly, a fate worse than death.

Nice definition of "reinventing," bro.

Get a life and a grammar book. Thank me later.

the merger is never happening but if it did they would be Kmart

Then what else would you call taking an existing IP and marketing it to a different generation's people?

NEVER

thehill.com/homenews/administration/364958-trump-congratulated-murdoch-on-disney-purchase-of-fox-assets

>"The president spoke with Rupert Murdoch earlier today, congratulated him on the deal and thinks that, to use one of the president's favorite words, that this could be a great thing for jobs," she said.

In this case, "dumbing down."

>jobs
>in USA
>ever

That he has zero standards for entertainment and no imagination when it comes to memes.

I think companies are starting to realize that they'll never be able to turn their franchises into as successful of cinematic universe cash cows as the MCU, or Star Wars, which can produce anywhere from one to four movies per year and people will line up to see every one, and over the next decade may just start cutting their losses and selling franchise movie rights to Disney

As these franchises continue to ramp up there's not even going to be room for anything else in a few years. Marvel rules Spring, Summer and Thanksgiving, Star Wars owns Christmas, maybe WB will be able to squeeze a LotR or Harry Potter film in there somewhere and an occasional Godzilla or DC movie.

But fucking look at that, that's at the very least dive major movies a year if Disney does their four live action and WB does at least one, usually it'll be six or seven, and then there's whatever shitty Halloween movie is big that year, whatever meme cartoon, Pixar, Disney Princess or DreamWorks movies come in between, it probably became more of a headache just to figure out where the fuck you can even afford to release an X-Men or Planet of the Apes movie between all of that than it was worth.

Disney will definitely have their work cut out for them trying to fit any of their new franchises into their already packed slate. At least X-Men and FF can just slot right into the MCU.

>zero standards for entertainment and no imagination
Sounds like your usual MCU movie? I'm confused.

tl;dr

Disney is awesome and every other studio should just give up and sell to them

Kino has been dead since Jaws you fool

Horray short summarizing.

Where do you find those copypastas, little shill?

They are making a new Spawn movie right now so that bubble better start busting soon. I just want superhero movies to die in general, it's bad enough they completely dominate American comics, I don't need them to keep fucking over another medium.

we'll get a regurgitation of the same formula superhero shit until we're all dead.

that idea you had for a new character and interesting story? throw it away. no new IP allowed in Disney's World.

At some point it will eventually come crashing down.

The only question is whenever we live long enough to see superheroes no longer being cool again.

I wouldn't be surprised if after Avengers 4 the general public decides that they have had enough, and that they want a new trend.

and that point is long after your grandchildren are dead

MCU's been good though, I'm glad it was made. I'm glad I got to see and enjoy Tony and Steve's arcs.

But it's gone too far. I could not give less of a shit about Star Wars or half the new capeshit movies.

Disney will buy anything that they can project will make money for them; while building the biggest back catalogue ever seen; which they can retool and reformat at will.

Bullshit.

I didn't say anything good about Disney. They lucked out with the MCU and made a smart purchase with Star Wars and that's all they needed to own theaters for the foreseeable future.

I think all of those movies are trash but just look at what they did. Everyone wants in on the cinematic universe bandwagon and nobody has been able to touch Disney's success. What I'm saying is they've crowded out the industry and now only have one competitor just like Marvel and DC did to comics, and so everyone is just going to be selling to Disney and Warner so they can get out with a chunk of cash while they still can

The only way things go the other way is if Disney eventually over floods the theaters with crap and crashes the industry like Marvel did in the 90's by cramming too much X-Men trash on the racks, and Disney won't even care because they own so much media that the theaters can disappear and they'll still be raking in dough

Maybe the kids of all the millennial pop culture obsessed nerds will be so disgusted by their parents' behavior that they'll swing the other way and we'll have a generation of people who want to create their own original content instead of guzzling the same old shit and regurgitating nostalgia bait

I mean that's basically what the 60's were, right? People rebelling against traditional values and fashions and the old crooners and big band music. Even Marvel Comics were a reaction to the DC house style

Ah who am I kidding that's wishful thinking

tl;dr the MCU was a mistake.

>middle of the road, safe, and samey

They intentionally are making shit like Logan, Deadpool, and GotG to be different. The MCU mocies are all criticially well reviewed. They put stakes in shit like Ragnarok and Infinity War. But you fags will bitch like the contrarians you are at every opportunity.

This was my believe for a long time but with the Fox buyout and the addition of X-men and FF it's possible this could go on for another 10 years. God willing DC will manage to fuck up even harder and end this trend for us.

>The only way things go the other way is if Disney eventually over floods the theaters with crap and crashes the industry like Marvel did in the 90's by cramming too much X-Men trash on the racks, and Disney won't even care because they own so much media that the theaters can disappear and they'll still be raking in dough
This is the most likely scenario and the entire reason Based Disney is now starting their awesome streaming service

Mistake for anyone who cares about creativity, a huge success for mindless pop culture drones and conglomeration of media companies

>DC will save us from MCU mediocrity
I hope so, too.

>Huge superhero movie boom
>Bubble hasn't burst yet
>Hasn't helped comic books one bit

I'm wondering if the 90's speculator craze will ever roll around again.

The bubbles gonna burst a lot more, because the MCU formula even infected TLJ

The only thing DC ended was DC

The way franchises go, it's very possible that they deteriorate to the point where the branding become toxic relatively soon.

>the MCU formula even infected TLJ
Go on...

And now that formula is going to be in at least 40% of the movies released from now on

Just a friendly advice: ignore the user who uses no caps or punctuation. He's the same defending the FCC in the NN threads.

I wish the MCU formula "infected" it more, than maybe the characters would've actually been well-written .....

>no use paying the ticket for all those bad movies
>no use streaming them because there is no Net neutrality anymore
Time to start reading a book!

>Logan
>Deadpool
>MCU

I'm not in those thread I'm just lazy and poorly educated

>a huge success for mindless pop culture drones and conglomeration of media companies
So most of /cotv/

The Quip and amount of forced "humor" and wisecracks in TLJ was on the same level as a typical Marvel movie, not a Star Wars movie.

Consider the tone in which a movie would make Luke Skywalker milk a giant sea sloths teets for green milk to portray him as the cooky mentor figure like Yoda was. These people don't understand the difference between "eccentricity" and "lolsorandumb"

Explain what this "formula" is and how other blockbuster movies apparently avoid it since you're triggered about Disney for some reason

>Luke Skywalker milk a giant sea sloths teets for green milk
...and so, the prequels became good.

Logan and Deadpool were made by Fox. And even the director Logan said something like that would probably never be made by Disney.

Star Wars films always had humor (or "quips" you memers), even the shitty prequels.

I doubt anything in TLJ is as bad as Jedi Rocks or Jar Jar.

>there are people that hate quips

I bet you all are fun, upstanding people

And said director hates Superheroes unironicly while making a movie about one himself.

>fuck you Sup Forums for ruining kino and giving us walmart superhero entertainment

Hollywood was never kino in the first place, learn to read subtitles Ameripleb

Jedi Rocks?

>I doubt

FLYING
THROUGH SPACE
THE HERO
PRINCESS LEIA

The same ones that "hate quips" also love it when Deadpool rams a cucumber up his ass or Wolverine impales a guy

Disney produced several Tarantino and Kevin Smith films.

comics are definitely doing better now than they were in the early 2000s before the really big superhero boom, but I don't know if it will ever be as big as the 90s again and I don't know if that's even possible. Personally I blame the distribution model more than anything these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU

George Lucas is trul

i guess their competitors should have done a better job.

None of which are superhero movies.

And? Logan is still an amazing movie. His attitude or opinion on the genre doesn't make his movie worse or make his statement about Disney any less true.

But sales are far worse than in the early 2000s.

30 years ago

Merry Christmas

Anyone who grew up on comics and wasn't introduced to them through these movies would.

MCU started off really popular cause movies like Incredible Hulk and Iron Man didn't downplay the drama, but also featured a bit more of a less grim tone, and werent quite as seemingly just for kids like Spider-Man

Problem? They took RDJs personality, made the whole universe that way, and did take out all the drama, essentially making a sterilized Poochie version of what people initially liked for being fresh, which is now stale as fuck

Comics are silly and outlandish, sure, but also often dark, dramatic, and even adult....they arent about constant jokes

>Disney produced several Tarantino and Kevin Smith films.

That was Miramax that was then owned by Disney

That's straight up not true. The industry was barely limping along after the 90s and recent years have the highest sales in since the speculator boom. They still aren't as good as the early 90s days of McFarlane, Liefeld, and Lee but they have gotten better.

Nah, it pokes holes in his statement and largely invalidates it.

That is the stupidest thing I ever watched and I have watched dragon ball super.

He hates superheroes, so he made a movie about a dying mutant. It's as simple as that.

Ok, this needs a lot of context.
Is she also getting Jedi Powers?
Or what?

I mean, technically since TCW we already had female Jedis, but this is too odd.

I mean Luke skywalker should be teaching leia how to force by now.

Kylo blows up her spaceship. To save herself, despite having no training, she manages to use force powers to fly herself to another ship THROUGH THE VACUUM of space to safety. The big moral of TLJ is that "training doesn't mean shit, bloodlines doesn't mean shit, all that matters is who the plot demands to survive and the force will bend?" Hey you wanna know what else? Rey's parents are LITERAL WHOS who sold her for Water Money. All her force powers, and technical knowledge and ability to fight? She has ALL OF THAT NATURALLY with no training and she kicks Lukes ass so she can go meet up with Kylo because her and Kylo can MAGICALLY FORCE SKYPE CALL each other because of the little contact they had in TFA

Dinsey is like this:
>From chapter 2 of John L. Carr's 'Leigh Brackett' dissertation.
>" Manuscripts submitted to pulp magazines were often processed by editors to make them as uniform as possible. As [Algis] Budrys puts it: "From an operational standpoint, a story becomes merchandise the instant the manuscript and publishing rights have been purchased." Once it was their property, pulp editors had no qualms about revising a story to bring it into line with house policy. This revision could be severe in the extreme. House policy might very well include such drastic imperatives as: 1) breaking all compound sentences into simple ones; 2) substituting shorter words for all words containing more than a certain number of syllables; 3) breaking up all long paragraphs (this of course would be done without regard to topic sentences); 4) requiring a mandatory amount of dialogue (if the writer had not included sufficient dialogue, the editor would simply add more); and 5) excising "complicated" punctuation marks such as the semi-colon. "
>A classic example of the above is the treatment of Brackett's "The Dragon Queen of Venus." Here was the follow up to "The Stellar Legion", two issues earlier, with the same set-up of earthmen fighting the indigines in the swamps of Venus. As there was already a story about Venus in the same issue, the semi-illiterate editor took it upon himself to change the location of this cover story, and so "Dragon Queen of Jupiter" appeared. Not, you will notice, a satellite of Jupiter, but the gas giant itself! And he missed 3 references to Venus in the text...

DIDNEY GUD

UUUUHGGGGGHHHH

That doesn't make any sense at all. It's a statement about a companies business decisions what does his opinion about the genre have to do with that?

She's a Skywalker she always had them

Good lord. At this point, we're going to need to create a law against monopolies, I.e. a house minimum of competing megacorps.

>Star Wars films always had humor
Nice blanket statement you refuse to actually detail to avoid being proven wrong. Fanatics like you are the worst, and not only in movie criticism. You are a danger in real life.