Rio
Robots
Epic
Rio 2
Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift
Ice Age 5: Collision Course

Best to worst. There's a world going on underground.

>Horton
Never heard of it

This

Peanuts as a franchise has always been overrated as fuck

>Rio 2 that high
The only good part was the pink frog and Nigel.

Heard of who?

I've only actually seen Ice Age, Rio, and Robots.

Ice Age 3 was better than 2.

Calvin and Hobbes the movie will save them

God i hope so. All they make is fucking shit

To this day Robots loooks good and it came out in 2005

Robots is a terrible movie with fantastic visual design. But still a terrible movie.

Peanuts was great you fucking plebeian.

Robots was shit.

Ice Age 1 and Peanuts were great.

Fucking this.

>Their best films are both adaptations

>Implying Disney won't give them Marvel/Star Wars to compete with Sony

Ice Age 1 is good.
Robots was crap.
Horton was crap.
I want to ram my dick down the Rio ladybird's ass while her boyfriend watches.
Everything else was crap.

Peanuts is great. Robots is decent, but one viewing was enough for me.

>I want to ram my dick down the Rio ladybird's ass while her boyfriend watches.

the only movie I really liked here is The Peanuts, and I didn't think that warranted a sequel anyway.

There was a Rio 2?

it sucks don't bother. But it does have a cute frog in it

A TIME MACHINE

Was Robots actually good?

I liked Ice Age and Rio.
Can't remember anything about Epic or Horton Hears a Who.

What do you guys think of....

>Get Out

Ok Then.

It only hurts me because I live near where the studio is located and I have artist friends who are planning to apply there after college.

>peanuts is first
>horton is second

this makes me very happy

>dinosaurs is 3rd worst

never mind

Out of all the Dr Seuss movies since 2000, Horton is the only truly good one.

Peanuts Movie>Ice Age>Horton=Robots>Everything else.

The Peanuts was absolutely GOAT and compared to everything else they've made was an extreme outlier of their usual crap.

Jim Carrey's Grinch was fun for what it is.

I still need to find that ytp

Grinch is alright, Lorax is passable, 500 Fingers is supposedly really good.

The Grinch is fucking great.

It's probably going to be like what is happening with Universal:
>Owns Dreamworks Animation
>Owns Illumination
>Owns the home video rights to everything by GKIDS in North America.
>Owns the home video rights to select Funimation products

Rio was terrible if only because I disliked Blue way too much. I get that he's a loser emasculated lame ass. That's his shtick, the cliche of:

"Lame loser who gets a woman out of his league because the writing wills it."

But I just couldn't stand how horrid he was, a bird that doesn't know how to fly. No wonder early in the film the other birds were making fun of him. I also seriously disliked the human character segments as well.

And from what I hear the whole "Blue is a loser" shtick got even worse in Rio 2, but I didn't see that film because the concept of making the protagonist a bigger loser doesn't sound appealing.

I’m still mad that Rango was the only feature ILM got to make solo before Lucasfilm got bought

Ice Age went to hell after the first film once those retarded rodent twins and Queen Latifah were added to the cast? Game over. The only good thing this crappy franchise did was create the Scratazons.

>Ice Age (2002)
>Robots
>Horton
>Peanuts

Save these. Bury the rest.

It's weird that humans are such a big part of the first movie, but they're eerily absent from the rest.

Peanuts Movie is the only one I enjoyed, probably because it felt like the only one that didn't desperately want to be Shrek.

I still want to fuck that frog.

it took everything that make the first one fun and likable and trashed it for a shitty story based on football and deforestation

thinking back what is it with blue sky and its inability to do not shit sequals

>thinking back what is it with blue sky and its inability to do not shit sequals
Sequels have never been a strength of animated films. Most kids movies wrap up very cleanly, with every conflict resolved and every character completely overcoming their flaws. That means a sequel either has to be something completely unrelated and risk feeling like the characters from the first movie were just jammed into a new plot, or just retread the first movie and probably do it worse. Doesn't help when you're already a pretty mediocre studio like Blue Sky.

They'e only done one I've liked, and that was Ice Age 3

> Ice Age > Ice Age 3 > POWER GAP > Ice Age 2 > EVEN BIGGER POWER GAP > Ice 4 > Ice Age 5

This is why I'm glad Robots never got a sequel. as i kid i wanted a sequel but blue sky would ruin it. Look at the ice age sequels 1 was pretty solid 2 is good but has some problems ( LIke if ellie knew right off the back that she was a mammoth it would make the movie more enjoyable) the third one has some funny moments but is alright/mediocre 4 and 5 are terrible

Age ice aside, all of them weren't that bad.

Ice Age 1, Horton Hears a Who and Peanuts Movie are the only good movies in this image.

>awards

How was Loving Vincent? Haven't heard much about it since I saw the trailer.

Hey, two of those (Breadwinner and Coco) are great and one (Loving Vincent) isn’t a great movie but deserves recognition for technique and artistry alone

It’s on torrent sites already, just give it a watch

RIP

robots was trash

Robots isn't a dreamworks movie ? wtf ?????

holy shit you're just awoken some fucking repressed memory buried deep within my mind

>Robots lower than Rio or Horton
>Rio 2 that high
Nah

>Letting the Nut Princess leave your mind for a moment.

>realizing that that specific subplot about the female squirrel "taking his nut" and marrying him is actually a euphemism
it took me this fucking long

Peanuts was the only good one

>for what it is
Jim Carey and the grinch costume are the only good things from that movie. Memes aside, the rest of the movie is complete shit. It deserves a lot of the hate it gets.

>Rio
>Good
It’s an animated musical with shitty, forgettable music. It also has one of the worst villain songs ever.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NFj4QTjFV_w

The character design in robots was pure art kino.

The entire point of the first movie was that it was Tokyo Godfathers except in ice age. Three old loner men have to take care of a kid together and realize there's more to life than being a deadbeat. Introducing love interests directly ruins the premise of them being different archetypes of a 35 years old man who wasted his life playing off each other.

I liked Epic purely from an animation and design standpoint, everything else about it was forgettable at best.

>everything that make the first one fun and likable

So, they subtracted nothing?

They are riding Ice Age like a life raft, aren't they?

The meltdown was fucking garbage and the original is paint by numbers kid fare with a slightly more interesting setting and good voice acting. 7/10. Dawn of the Dinosaurs is better than the meltdown by a wide margin

>Rio 2

I wanted to fuck that bird.

I unironically liked Rio. I wanted to fuck Blue's owner.

Ice Age 3 needs to be above Epic and Ice Age 5 above the other 2 Ice Ages, otherwise agree

Disney will be cruel enough to shut them down instead of selling them off to Apple, Netflix, Amazon etc

FX & A24 will probably be shut down too

good: ice age 1 and 3, peanuts, horton hears a who and robots
>bad: everything else

Peanuts Movie was amazing. Neck yourself.

>Epic
Man, that movie came and went and it's like it never even existed. I've never heard a single person even acknowledging it.

>everything that make the first one fun and likable
?
That movie was blander than mayo on white bread, blander than Randy Orton. The only reason I've even heard of it is because I'm Brazilian and the media wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.

What the fuck there's a Rio 2?

Ice Age 5 was probably the shittiest movie I've seen that isn't like, offensively horrible like Mexican Top Cat. The whole "mic drop!!!" humor was horrible and climaxed itself but still kept going, Ice Age 4 did it a bit but not nearly as bad.

As a kid I'd watch Ice Age on VHS, got hype as fuck for Ice Age 2 and had a poster of it from I think walmart, the game, and a toy set, I'm pretty sure I saw it in theaters. Ice Age 3 was the most hype I felt for the franchise because it looked great from that scrat teaser, watched it in theaters in 3D despite having to wear my glasses still, that was a pain in the ass but I made it work. I saw Ice Age 4 in theaters but my interest was winding down by then, saw it twice because a family member wanted to see it with me after I already saw it once. Just watched a cam rip of 5. On the off chance they made a 6th because apparently they "have ideas", I'd do the same as 5 and watch a cam rip, I'd be morbidly curious what they'd do next.

Back during my interest phase I remember the 4th having a story where they thaw in modern times, maybe they can do that and end the franchise, I thought "Th4wed" or whatever the fuck fanmade title that went with it seemed interesting so that'd be the one thing to make me care again.

They manage to make each movie have a higher sense of danger, it's weird. Ice Age 1 was returning a human baby to a clan, the 5th was about a magic meteor that does magic things but also will destroy Earth.

anyone who thinks ice age 5 isnt the worst bluesky movie is braindead, why the fuck was a prehistoric donkey singing my songs know what you did in the dark?

>kino
Opinion discarded

Robots are deceptively easy to make look good if you design them to move in purely mechanical ways.

Ive never heard of Epic in my life

>Ferdinand somehow wins best animated oscar
>even when Disney doesn't win they still technically win

>Not liking Rio
>Not liking the first 2 Ice Age Movies
>Not liking Peanuts

I tried watching the first Age Ice again not that long ago and holy shit it looks terrible. Worse than PS2 cutscenes.

Wait, Horton was BlueSky but Lorax was Illumination? What's that about?

They did too good a job with Horton, which wasn't great but was at least watchable. It ruined the downward trajectory the Seuss adaptations were on so the people in charge knew they had to hand it off to someone who'd really fuck it up good.

Is it weird I enjoyed every Ice Age

Then stop being a faggot and see at least The Peanuts Movie

Steven Tyler's cameo was the only thing good in an otherwise forgettable waste of time. Oh and Colin Farrell imitating Colm Meaney (THIS is the time to show off your Irish background? Really?).

>blander than mayo on white bread, blander than Randy Orton
It really didn't help that a movie set in Rio had Angle sounding voice actors for every animal role except low-lifes

>Robots is a terrible movie with fantastic visual design
The only thing that remains in my memory is that faggot robot who told Rodney to go back in time 3 years because someone did that to me when I tried to get in somewhere. He has since ruined his own reputation, is trapped in his third world shithole and has incurable hepatitis.