Was this the Rick and Morty of its time?

Was this the Rick and Morty of its time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bPTdssI_iZw
youtu.be/WaYdeXI9ZWw
youtube.com/watch?v=yvllQl5t4Ww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. Futurama was good.

That's an odd question. It was a good show.

youtube.com/watch?v=bPTdssI_iZw

Everything sci-fi is Rick and M-m-morty

Futurama is good. Rick and Morty isn't.

Sup Forums is an echo chamber full of autists

it was the futurama of its time

Rick and Morty is the futurama of its time

>tfw you always remembered the difference between its and it's thanks to that one futurama scene

Who would Rick's Wurnstrum be?

Jerry

no it was the red dwarf of it's time
also red dwarf was the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy of it's time

You have it reversed m8. Rick and Morty is the Futurama of the current modern time.

But understanding the general jist of it yeah, despite as much as it triggers Sup Forums the two are very similar as their both irreverent sci-fi comedies that had regular bout's of drama, character development and very mild exploration of philosophical ideas.

The major difference though is that Futurama had actual Mathematicians and Scientist's for writers so while Rick and Morty use the "science" aspect very loosely to make up magical adventures, Fututrama occasionally would explore some scientific ideas every now and then.

I don't know, maybe. Who knows what would happen in today's climate.
Futurama COULD be smart, but I don't remember them ever really advertising that. Plus I don't think there was really a character like Rick for the more cancerous aspects of the fanbase to latch onto.

Rick is just bender and the professor combined.
Morty is a combination of fry, kif and a bit of zoidberg
Summer is amy + leela.
Jerry is kif and zoidberg.
And Beth is leela, and the professor.
This is just their personalities, because everyone knows they are a bastardized version of Doc. Brown and Marty Mcfly.

It's a complete rip off, just like the pickle Rick scene that was stolen from gravity falls.

Precancellation Futurama is much better at comedy and drama. There are moments that made me tear up while every time Rick and Marty has tried to tackle emotional stuff it's come off as half baked.

>pickle Rick scene that was stolen from gravity falls.
What?

Strong Bad for me.

youtu.be/WaYdeXI9ZWw
5:55 furturama did it first

No. Futurama was written by nerds who actually have degrees to show for it.

Futurama focused on today's science and technology and made jokes out of it.

Rick and Morty basically uses the many world interpretation of Quantum Mechanics to express the meaningless of life.

youtube.com/watch?v=yvllQl5t4Ww

FPBP

Futurama was made by nerds
Rick and Morty is made by hipsters
learn the difference, and you could save your life.

Nope, although if the internet was as normieized in 2000-2006 as it is today it would have been.