HOW'S YOUR WEBCOMIC #435 ladies and gents its the show of shows welcome toooo the sergio show

Previous Thread: →

Let's talk about our webcomics, okay?

Here's a list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

> /hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> /hyw/ DISCORD CHAT
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Donts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV (embed)
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

Other urls found in this thread:

witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch
youtube.com/watch?v=igCYvMtdwwM
youtube.com/watch?v=3Pv7jAKIPa0
youtube.com/watch?v=icEHA2DGFCk
kiwidayn.comicgenesis.com
youtube.com/watch?v=oiS8YokFzeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New page for those who missed it last thread. Thank you to the user who pointed out the slight error in panel 7.

witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch

Thanks for making another thread. Sorry I let the other one die

I began to worry

You should let this one die as well.

Here's a new West tree page!

Here is a sneak peek of duck comics

And this one too! some sketches

I love the mixture of domestic pigs and big ol long snout boar

Schizoveggia user back again. Tried posting this on Sup Forums but nobody noticed: I'm trying to make a gaming / slice-of-life comic. This is the first strip besides the introduction, it's about NieR: Automata. Would you read more of this? What can I improve?

My webcomics are on the brink of death, thanks for asking. every day i am faced with how shit i am. my art is terrible and im never going to be good enough to draw the way i want or see my stuff in my head which is the best art ever drawn and the best art to be seen by human eyes. but its just in my minds eye. i am not able to draw whats in my head and in my dreams so whats the point? in my head my characters are the best characters ever made, my art is the best art ever made, and im the best artist alive. but i.r.l. i suck, and im the worst artist alive, and no one gives a shit about my characters, im wasting my time and my talents with trying to make webcomics when maybe i should just be and abstract painter or something. i dont know. i dont know what the fuck im doing with my life.

i mean atleast i tried right? it was just a hobby. i never made any money off it and i probably never will and no one cares about my comics so i should just stop right? why even fucking bother? i could be putting the effort i put into panel works of comics into my stand alone drawings and be like a really good cover page artist, or poster artist, or something i dont know.

i will probably never post here again. i drew this earlier today, its just a quick sketch. but probably the last thing i will ever post here.

its been fun my webcomic brothers and sisters. but this is probably the end for me. so adios amigos! bye.

We all aren't meant for TGT levels of fame. Godspeed dude.

you're farther along than a lot of people get, so take some pride in that (you mopey fuck)

You drew that? That's really good. You should spend more time on each panel/drawing of goth grill z and make it look like this

THE FIRST STEP TO LETTING GO IS ALWAYS THE HARDEST. I JUST DELETED MY OLDEST WEBCOMIC.

im not fucking around here.... im really about to quit webcomics. the webcomic community never even knew i fucking existed anyway nor did anyone else on the fucking internet. FUCK

23,000+ total views and shit to someone like avas demon who gets like a billion to a trillion views a day. god fucking dammit im such a fucking worthless loser.

goodbye old friend. you will be missed... by just me really, but still... :'(

now to delete the rest of myself from the webcomic world....

Can you please be an emo faggot somewhere else? No one cares.

i know what i have to do, but i dont know if i have the strength to do it... will you help me user?

>Posting Kylo Ren My SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
GTFO already

Goddamnit Bones, you are the one light of these threads. Don't leave us, don't let the haters get you down. You are by far my favorite artist in these threads, in a perfect world we would ditch these threads and just have Goth Girls Z generals. Please, keep making comics. You're the only one of us who might ever make it :(

i care
i hope things get better for you, user

FUNNY YOU SHOULD TELL ME TO LEAVE WHEN THATS EXACTLY WHAT IM DOING.

never change /hyw/ i wont be around to see it, but never change....

my comic.

The operative word was "already"

shits starting to get real...............

you just had to go out like an idiot huh?

YES. EXACTLY HOW I CAME INTO WEBCOMICS. A FUCKING WORTHLESS IDIOT WHO WAS NEVER GOING TO FUCKING MAE IT. FUCK EVERYTHING!

i deleted another one.....................

...why did i dedicate so much of my life to this webcomics shit? 10 years man. 10 fucking years and nothing to show for it.

>WHO WAS NEVER GOING TO FUCKING MAKE IT*

and yet you replied

down to my 3 ..."best"... webcomics, not only is my best not good enough its a fucking joke, its just a reason for people to point and laugh at me... what ever man. "just...." ....whatever man. fuck it....

feeling really dead inside right now guys: youtube.com/watch?v=igCYvMtdwwM

>dont reply to bones meme... gonna miss that shit. it was a funny meme

well user you wont have to worry about that shit anymore. i hope your happy. :/

I mean what do you want? do you us to feel pity and tell you how good you actually were? the time you're wasting doing this could be invested drawing, you're just proving your haters right

Ah, bones was the one who did Demon Juice? Whatever, good luck in whatever you do next.

>Be me
>Used to usually post here
>Get shot down by all the negativity
>Think I will never make it
>Went full ultra instinct and just started doing what I wanted
>Forced myself to learn to draw better and work on my story by mere discipline
>Am drawing now minimum of 5 hours per day and increased quality exponentially
>Opened a patreon with a bit of risk of going unnoticed
>4 people are already supporting with 1 dollar
>Coming from art sites in which my follower count doesn't reach 3 digits (yet)
>Media reception threefolded and am getting more noticed with each post

Moral of the story? Quit coming for approval here user, and do your best. This place is a shithole of procrastination and time consumption. See ya in the big leagues, I'm taking baby steps but am gonna make it eventually.

this is what I'm talking about, nice work user
can you share your blog?

It's a shame that /hyw/ turned out to be a cesspool of bullying, angst, and shitposting
just chill and enjoy each other's shitty comics

,Unfortunately, webcomics are not the thing you want to do if you're chasing popularity.

Nonetheless, good luck in whatever's your next project.

This place is like pic related. The only reason I watch these threads is to see how others make their comics.

Oh cool I made a video game webcomic too!

no he doesnt because it was me. i just made all that shit up so i can bring you all back down to the reality of the fact that none of you mother fuckers are ever, EVER, going to fucking make it. this is real life kids. its not a fucking anime and your noth the main character who is destined to make it and be a pro published artist. im sorry to be the one to tell yall this.

did you even read my post? i contradicted myself: >i used to come here all the time but now i dont
>except for right now lol
>i posted this funny meme picture instead of my artwork or proof
>because there is no proof
?lol XD

thanks for all 4 of the (you)'s user

Oh sure!
lucy-fuchs.tumblr.com
(Step carefully I post tiddies and stuff and not everything is of general taste)

I'd like to link you my comic but it's still in development, despite that I've been trying to develop a chibi style that could help me simplify the character and make them easier to draw, altho I'm not sure if I'll settle for a style like this, maybe in some additional panels or something, I'm yet to figure it out.

but I did the things in your post and it literally worked
just practice until it HURTS

64,000+ PAGE VIEWS.... 23,000 visitors, still getting 181 hits a day even though i havent made an acual page in years, just a recent notice that demon fuse was going to be a thing..... it was never a thing lol... i lied to my audiance like a worthless piece of shit. thinking i was going to make a bigger better version of demon juice any second now, just as soon as i get good lol... i never got good.... im probably a little worse and a little lazier now desu.

this one is actually really hard to let go of and say good bye to... but it must be done. it looks like chris chan trying his hand at photoshop after a few years of hardcore practice and tutorial videos.

some pages are really good and im still proud of them. other pages... looking at them... makes me want to fucking die they are drawn so bad and i am so deeply ashamed of them..... oh well... here goes nothing

FUCK I ACTUALLY FUCKING DID IT. I BASICALLY JUST KILLED MYSELF. FUCK. FUCK.... FUCK!

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN MAN: youtube.com/watch?v=3Pv7jAKIPa0

i really believed in my demon juice comic... i really did man... fuck....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! GOD DAMMIT FUCK.

i want you to shut the fuck up and enjoy my grand spectical of an exit from the webcomic world, enjoy this swan song, this train wrek, THIS MOTHER FUCKING DEATH SCENE!

Hey bones, I don't know you, but you seem more tolerable than the other bones I know. That fucking... God I hate her. Her and her stupid robots.

At least you have goth taste. Good taste. I couldn't make a pun out of that I'm sorry.

Why is there only a partial version of Invisible Ink in the OP?

I CANT DO THIS RIGHT NOW. I NEED A MOMENT. I MIGHT GO WATCH SOME MORE STAR WARS REBELS, IM ON SEASON 1 EPISODE 9 SO PLEASE NO SPOILERS. IM REALLY INTO IT!

i dont know if i have the will power to delete my last 2 webcomics and not kill my self in real life.

bones... so many bones in the world. thing about bones is... eventually the turn to dust and disapear. aint no sun shine going to shine on a grave that no longer exists kid: youtube.com/watch?v=icEHA2DGFCk

i was bones for a while... THE bones... but not any more... someone else can be bones now... im done...

Even if you don't update them, you should leave them there for other people to enjoy them.

Even if you walk away from it, there's always gonna be somebody who finds it and likes it.

>Bones tries to improve his artwork for a week
>Enters existencial crysis

kek, pleb

The next few pages will will focus on the villains, so no Kevin for a while.

good bait n switch. you're good at those.

i generally hate lots of stuff on Sup Forums, but i like your style. reminds me of leinil yu, in a way. maybe because of the scratchiness. calves and feet could be better, but i really like everything else.

New page for mine, you'd think for a smart girl like her, she'd know that you shouldn't do something like this.

aaand that's it. last one. can't post the whole strip here, the rest of it's at kiwidayn.comicgenesis.com

What's a good hosting site? Tumblr is not a good hosting site. I see uhh comicgenesis is one, but I don't know if it's good.

It's good in that it's simple, stable, and functional. It's bad in that the support staff have almost completely disappeared and it seems likely it won't exist forever.

Hmm yeah. Those are pretty big downsides. What will you do when it goes down? You won't get those views and comments back...

Bones grow up. You can’t accept criticism and you can’t accept that people in this thread are better and more successful. You can’t even take responsibility for your own failures and mistakes. Instead you blame being “bullied” like a little girl. If you can’t take responsibility for your failures how can you hope to take responsibility for your successes?

Try and be a man. Get a writer, take a art class, stop embarassing yourself online. Grow up.

I recommend just purchasing a domain. I personally use bluehost.

How much does that cost ya?

thats... a really cool way to end a webcomic man. congrats on finishing it after working on it so long.

>Instead you blame being “bullied”

when the fuck did that ever happen? ive never been bullied on here and i have never ever claimed to be bullied what in the actual fuck are you talking about? are you confusing me with someone else you fucking retard?

i look like the dude in the gif, nobody fucks with me user, online or offline. im a big scary bad ass dude that will fuck you up. also i love when people say my art is shit or im acting like a retard online, makes me humble. i dont consider that bullying and i find it funny.

im deleting my webcomics because it looks like a retard with down syndrome drew it with broken hands. its just time to let it all go and do something else man.

Bones you’ve bitched before in other threads about people bullying you and hurting your feelings. Spamming the thread as you delete your webcomics for sympathy posts is yet another of your bitch moves.

Stop being a sissy. If you can’t be a man than at least try and pretend to be a man.

Have you talked to your father?

Hey man, I was wondering why are all of the couples in your comic hetero? Why no gay couples?

Wow it's even more interesting.

I pay 10 dollars a month, but it all depends on which ad-ons you choose to buy. You could end up paying less than that or more than that.

Is bones always like this?

wew lad

Did you even think of what the joke is or does your sister say dumb shit all the time you find funny?

>Is bones always like this?
If you weren't so new you'd remember how this thread used to always have a "Don't reply to Bones" image as a second or third post.

What a fucking poetic thread.
>ColdFusion is the fucking sane one and ended his comic conclusively and will start a new webcomic feauturing a waifu having learned from his fortunes and mistakes
>meanwhile bones is the insane one on the verge of seppuku and ending his fucking life after having a mental breakdown not having learnt shit from his mistakes and fortunes
Never thought I would see the day.

Literally do not reply to Bones. Ignore him and don't let the thread go into a derailment.

alright here is my vs Rosaura comic

Shit I kinda liked goth girlz(

I know we are both referencing shoujo manga but coincidentally we drew nearly the same "shock" face

Ganbatte ColdFusion! I give you my wishes that your next endeavor is fruitful.

top panes supposed to be a beach
youtube.com/watch?v=oiS8YokFzeY

Gonna be real busy with other stuff so this will also serve as my tournament forfeit

No, just thought I would draw something silly.

if julia(?) wants to use jenny as a stand its there as an option if judges allow it

King of webcomics here. Backgrounds don't matter, don't worry about it.

>he thinks CF has learned from his mistakes
>he thinks CF has had fortunes to learn from
I predict pedo shit within the first 10 pages of CF's new comic.

>he thinks bones isn't just being the puppet master yet again and making the retards of /hyw/ dance to his song
He'll be back within the week.

How's your wrist?

>this thread
Creating a webcomic is not about "making it", it's about having fun and bringing your visions to life

You're supposed to be pleasing yourself, not readers. That's how I see it anyway

While I do have fun making my comic to make me happy, entertaining people, even in the smallest of ways, still brings me joy.

>pedo shit
>a mistake

You can do both at the same time.

What is the optimal sex:violence ratio?

900000000000000000000:1

All your comic needs is titties, you literally don't need to worry about anything else.

welp, going on my first hiatus guys, hope i'll still see you all on the other side

Trying out coloring my older black and white strips. I think it looks alright, but feedback is lifeblood.

I like this story a lot so far. The quirky pet Chupacabra is alright but animal companions are hard to do well and can end up as dead-weight filler that people fall back on for easy gags, so try to be careful. Followed you for updates. Keep up the good work!

If you've ever been to a party, You don't seem like you'd get invited again.

This, though I always felt like pleasing readers is part of that reward system of bringing something to life. Why didn't you just keep it in your head if you don't want others to see it?

Well, I cant say your comic was good but damn you have some serious dedication.
Good luck on your next project

Oh, well keep on keeping on my guy.