So Lars was always gonna get killed off then revived

youtube.com/watch?v=Tkj2crm6lKw

This show honestly feels like such a train wreck so often. I forget they intended to do planned things because it's just so inconsistent so often.

I think a lot of it is the terrible release schedule the are given 5 eps in a clump every 6+ months is terrible and I don't know who Sugar pissed off but that shit must be miserable to have everything planned out and done just to be fucked by terrible scheduling.

Sooo... Does Steven intends to help this guy or tell his parents he is ok or what?

What an irresponsible little shit.

Immortality seems like one of those things that would end up being more of a curse desu

steven definitely told his parents, but it's not like steven can really do anything about getting lars back.

Dunno, 2 weeks passed, and no fucking one got the advice, the fucker probably didn't even went to the donut store and tell Sadie her NOT-boyfriend died and is a pink zombie now.

him telling sadie about lars was literally the first scene in the mayor dewey episode but good meme

I think it would be great as long as it came with an off-switch.

did she know that her show was going to fucking fall apart after season 1?

Death is also a curse. It's just a curse that isn't felt by strangers. Immortals cause problems just by existing.

It started during the cluster arc.

>I don't know who Sugar pissed off but that shit must be miserable
Hasn't everything besides Teen Titans Go and maybe Gumball been shafted?

that's pretty interesting. I thought I read before that Lars becoming this involved was thought up later on, but maybe I that got mixed up with Stevonnie's conception. So Steven's ability to revive humans like Rose could with at least Lion was an earlier concept than Steven's ability to fuse with humans, I think.

Seeing pilot Lars to now is a pretty satisfying change. I hope Steven doesn't let Lars down.

It's called outsourced animation. Waiting for the Korean sweatshop to ship over the half-baked product usually takes 6-8 months alone.

I imagine after S1, CN greenlit so many fucking episodes she had to make shit up on the fly to fill in the extra episodes while spacing out the overall plot. So presumably the endgame will be fun again, assuming CN doesn't cancel the show on a whim and force her to rush the ending.

Gee, what a surprise.
The series that foreshadowed Amethyst's origin 30 episodes in advance, Bismuth 70 episodes in advance, and still continues to include continuity references to straight-up filler episodes ACTUALLY HAD PLOT STUFF PLANNED IN ADVANCE
what a shocker.

I think a more important question is 'Will they ever address the consequences of Steven, Lars, and the gems being immortal?' As in everyone they've ever known dying eventually/no off switch/why he just doesn't do it to everyone etc

I'm pretty sure he omitted that Lars is a zombie now considering that they don't seem to hate Steven just yet. I'm sure if/when Lars actually comes back and everyone sees what he's become there'll be more alarm.

An interesting twist about the reason why Rose shattered PD would be because she was planning on zombifying every living thing on Earth and the concept was too disgusting for Rose to actually accept. There has to be a drawback to being Pinked, and if Lion is any sort of example, it looks like you become an accessory to Rose Quartzes in utility in exchange for mortality. What it means biologically isn't clear so far aside not having the need for food or water apparently.

yes but they do multiple episodes at a time and keep doing them: the production model SU uses is the same model it used when episodes premiered weekly and the same model used by shows that can sustain a weekly schedule

nah, I wanna die someday and cease consciousness. Just not right now.

She didn't piss anyone off, cartoon network's known for doing this with shows they actually LIKE. Which is unfortunate. They give shows that still get decent merch and dvd sales from little to nothing to work with, but never let them die or sell them to other networks. It's like how they're keeping venture bros on life support and delivering a season every three fucking years despite comedy central practically jizzing it's pants whenever there's the possibility they'll get ahold of it and can give it a decent budget again.

Meanwhile teen titans costs nothing to produce, looks like shit, and prints advertising money while making kids mildly retarded.

Teen Titans Go is WB Animation, not CN studios

Dude, animation's been outsourced since like the fucking 70s, and shows used to manage like 40 episodes a fucking year. In chunks called "seasons" that were produced to be aired in weekly succession.

This is not a surprise to me. I think all those skulls he kept wearing foreshadowed it.

Look man, I just want Lars of the Stars
I don’t know how they can fuck up a premise like that, just gimme Larson of the Starson

I still think that until we find out how old Lion is, we don’t know for sure if immortality or longevity is something he and Lars have. We can infer this from Lars’s slowed heartbeat and apparent independence from needing food or other sustenance, but we still can’t be sure. I’d rather theorize they’ll have relatively normal lifespans, but if Lion turns out to be hundreds of years old I’ll admit I was wrong.

Actually, Steven didn’t tell Lars’s parents. He told Sadie, then got distracted by Nanefua and Mayor Dewey, and Sadie went and passed it along to Lars’s parents instead. We don’t know how much Sadie did or didn’t tell Lars’s parents, but we do kind of know that Steven told Sadie about the zombification because she has a line saying “well at least now I know Lars is KIND of alive...”

Couldn't Steven kill a plant, cry on that and turn that into a portal to get Lars back?

>I don’t know how they can fuck up a premise like that

That episode is gonna turn out to be 90% Stevonnie, wait and see.

We don’t know if it’d work on plants. And Steven might not want to kill a plant anyway.

So far the portals have been in Lars’s hair and Lion’s mane, so it might not work on something without hair.

>Couldn't Steven kill a plant, cry on that and turn that into a portal to get Lars back?
>Couldn't Steven kill a plant

I doubt Steven could kill a fucking cold virus infecting him.

The portals are only opened if the zombie knows the location, its why lion probabily didn't save him.

Sometimes I wonder if Steven knows and understands that the food he eats come from formerly living beings.

What? No. The wormhole from Lion to Lars just goes to wherever they happen to be. Theoretically if you took a third being to Lars’s location, pinked it, and had Lars crawl into its hair portal, he could travel to Lion’s island and exit through Lion’s mane, leaving the third pinked being behind to be abandoned. No scream portal would be necessary.

Nah, he is a kid without education. Fucker most believe meat comes from a meat tree.

No, that's Jungle Moon.

presumably this only works on fauna. Crying/spitting on flora gives them sentience, like the watermelon Stevens and Pumpkin.

I know they weren't trying to write the biggest wuss in fiction, but that is just sad.

Steven will stomp a squirrel to death and then revive it and use that as a portal.

That's arguably even worse than if they had thought of it later on. At least in that case you could say they were seizing an opportunity and running with it.

If Lars' interaction with Steven was always supposed to be a part of the show, then why did they wait so fucking long to give him any sort of redeeming qualities, or anything worth noting before moving Lars into the main plot? And no, learning he likes to bake is not a redeeming quality.

I can't believe any creator could be that much in love with their shitty OC that they can't see they're not as interesting as they think.

Lars is basically Squidward. Steven was an annoying little shit who wouldn't leave alone. Sadie felt entitled to him and thus proved she was a female version of a fedora-wearing white knight. Squidward and Lars go through so much shit it's not even funny.

He treated Sadie like shit though.

And his parents too, it seems.

Yeah, not watching tbat. Can I get a spark notes version so I don't have to listen to Rebecca do a podcast?

It's 52 seconds, homo. You can watch it while holding your breath.

So?

this is such a shallow show, all the millennial writers of CN write stories like toddlers.

Eat a cock, you see Podcast you think hour to three.

So is he/lion are powered by stevens gem and will perish if steven dies?

I was more interested in that there would've been two additional gems among the off-colors. There would've been two pacifist quartzes amongst them, but they were scrapped since the group was getting too bloated and they wanted to focus on the physical aspect of discrimination, not the ideological one.

It was kind of obvious that Lars was being set up for something important. I just didn't think he would die and get revived.

Correct. It's just...

>steven sacrifices himself to protect his friends
>wow! publicity stunt!
>steven goes to homeworld, turns out rose dindu nuffin and yellow diamond was satan all along
>what a tweest!
>steven escapes and finds a functioning rebel cell on homeworld, the last planet any competent interstellar empire should have rebels.
>how fortunate!
>all the rebels have shit designs and low power levels and they were built for pleasing tumblr and being kooky, not for being characters in their own rights
>oh no, steven's in trouble!
>Lars sacrifices himself to save steven then becomes part Lion so he can hair-portal steven back to earth like nothing ever fucking happened
>back to the status quo we go!
>oh boy, i can't wait to see steven go to high school like a regular boy!

Fuck this show, fuck its dense fans, fuck its bitter bitchy damage-control-playing fans, and fuck the SJWs it panders to.

She had NOTHING planned out. Every stevenbomb is a good thing because it reminds us these are disposable and meaningless publicity stunts that will never change the precious filler-friendly status quo.

Just let this show fucking die already.

You're not even pretending that you actually watch the show.

Ironically, it's the author's desire to keep it as a "slice of life" show is what's holding it back. Had it been allowed to grow as a story, we would be having space adventures by now.

>steven goes to homeworld, turns out rose dindu nuffin and yellow diamond was satan all along
Way to be a surface level reader.
>steven escapes and finds a functioning rebel cell on homeworld, the last planet any competent interstellar empire should have rebels.
>how fortunate!
>all the rebels have shit designs and low power levels and they were built for pleasing tumblr and being kooky, not for being characters in their own rights
Either they're functioning or they're not, brainlet.

Does anyone else find Lars really sexy?
Especially when he became pink.

His character development really helped out his appeal. Now if his space pirate episode is good, all is well.

Sugar made it pretty clear from the start that she had long-term plans for the show. I never doubted it.

His character arc is basically over. He'll be written off the show soon.

Soul Lars is shaving the sides of his head on Homeworld despite his hair being his only link back to Earth and the size of his hair being the limiting factor on how large of stuff can be moved?

I especially approve if it is like the attached pic.

He sure doomed that one Ruby to an eternity in space, though.

Pearl, Amethyst and Garnet are still in the show.

I think he's stuck with the haircut he died with for the rest of his life.

Barely.

>yfw Lars kills Emerald with his penis.

>yfw gems continue to be eternal jobbers

They aren't rebels, they are just trying to survive, and I seriously hope YD is a red herring
Shitposting is the best thing about this show desu

Yellow Diamond is an obvious red herring. But the point still stands that making Rose not the killer or even diminishing her role in the shattering is a terrible idea. Especially if they go down the 'White diamond, a character we've never even named in this show despite the numerous occasions where we could have, killed her' route.

A huge chunk of Steven's 'arc' is him dealing with the fact that Rose isn't an amazing person. The shattering is arguably the pinnacle of that grey area, regardless of the Bismuth shit as most of the other morally questionable stuff can be hand waved away. To take that away and basically go 'oh Rose did bad things, JUST KIDDING she wasn't that bad a villian the entire time guys!' feels like cheating and counter productivity.

It's another case of rewarding Steven without him doing anything. And making a mountain out of a mole hill.

>Yellow Diamond is an obvious red herring. But the point still stands that making Rose not the killer or even diminishing her role in the shattering is a terrible idea. Especially if they go down the 'White diamond, a character we've never even named in this show despite the numerous occasions where we could have, killed her' route.
I'll be disappointed if this isn't the case.

>To take that away and basically go 'oh Rose did bad things, JUST KIDDING she wasn't that bad a villian the entire time guys!' feels like cheating and counter productivity.
If the previous prediction is true then I think there is going to be some circumstances in which Rose is willing to take the blame for killing Pink. I'm interested in what those circumstances may be. Who knows, maybe Rose HELPED White Diamond kill Pink Diamond. Intentionally or circumstantially.

>To take that away and basically go 'oh Rose did bad things, JUST KIDDING she wasn't that bad a villian the entire time guys!' feels like cheating and counter productivity.

You do realize that's the reason why everyone expects the show to go that route, right?

Every time the show veers towards the serious, it backs out of it into pablum as fast as possible.

i knew it since first fucing day one that lars was going to be relevant in some form.

I didnt want him to become a fucking zombie thoug, that was morbid and unconfortable, and im sure that was the fucking point.

I always loved him, I enjoyed how his character development went, but the Lars of the Stars preview made me cautious. Now he seems completely different and we didn't get to see much of the stuff he had gone through to result in the extreme change. Also I'm not looking forward to the inevitable LarSadie. Stars is better endgame.

I'm also worried about the rumors about Lars' character in the show and how he may "no longer be a character anymore". Maybe we'll find out what that means soon as I do trust the people that were talking about it. But they could've just overreacted and maybe it's nothing too bad.

>I didnt want him to become a fucking zombie thoug
Then what would you do with him?

God imagine how much Sup Forums would hate Steven if he became an animal rights activist vegan.

fusion.

I'm sure he knows but just accepts it. Pic related when Steven and Connie probably went out to eat.

Sup Forums has Steven hate threads at least 2 times a week

I don't think they'll hate him more if he's vegan. Well they could but it's just another small drop to the already full bucket.

ha was eating the remains of the watermelon baby.

>Lars sacrifices himself to save steven then becomes part Lion so he can hair-portal steven back to earth like nothing ever fucking happened
Yeah, this was absolute bullshit. Either have the balls to kill off Lars or do bring him back but only as a mindless, disfigured zombie with no deus ex machina hair portal. That would allow Steven and the viewers to explore Homeworld while making his eventual return home interesting since he'd have bad news to share. God, there's so many issues with this show.

>I'll be disappointed if this isn't the case.

I'm not a fan of story telling in which the main suspect of a murder hasn't been relevant to the plot , named, or even remotely referenced in anything but a few pictures in the background whatsoever until that point.

>If the previous prediction is true then I think there is going to be some circumstances in which Rose is willing to take the blame for killing Pink. I'm interested in what those circumstances may be. Who knows, maybe Rose HELPED White Diamond kill Pink Diamond. Intentionally or circumstantially.

Just making Rose an accessory to murder still cheapens it. It's basically the equivalent to 'I can't decide if I want my character to do this bad thing or not do it so let's do both'. Then again, that is what the entire show feels like; a balancing act between concepts such as slice of life and action adventure that feels like a jack of all trades but a master of none that ends up frustrating a ton of viewers.

There are ways to make it potentially interesting but I know for a fact that they won't go in those directions.

The best thing would be if one of the diamonds was indirectly an accessory to Rose's killing of pink

or if PD bodyjacked rose and killed her because it would literally make more sense than hundreds of rose quartzes all having steven's ridiculous powerset

Steven's just gonna learn how to channel his inner gem so he does have to eat anymore. That or kill himself and have connie sprinkle a vial of tears on him to bring him back to life.

>dvd sales
Speaking of, one thing I've never understood is why they keep fucking with the episode order of those things. I mean, seriously?

If Steven wasn't a dick he would take them to visit Lars.

Ive been catching up on the show, I went homeless after season 1's finale.

Nice to see generals are gone, but absolutely hilarious to see that every unrelated thread or board has a complaint about it.

>spoiler
Hey that was pretty good, enough hope to watch this shit until the end.