/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Gothic Togruta Edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Graphic Novel Adaptation (Tu 12)
Adventures #5 (Wed 13)
Star Wars#40 (Wed 13)
Star Wars Battlefront II: Resurrection (Wed 13)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (Fri 15)
Chewie and the Porgs (Fri 15)
The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron (Fri 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg [Open]

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k [Open]

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY [Open]

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc [Open]

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

snokemachine.com
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Poe
express.co.uk/entertainment/films/892525/Star-Wars-8-George-Lucas-The-Last-Jedi-reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In honor of the recently departed
snokemachine.com
>Snoke is Poe Dameron's father's grandfather.

I liked that movie

Why didn't Admiral purple hair just tell Poe about her plan to get everyone to safety from the start?

When's X-Wing coming back?

Are they related?

So Tallie is my new waifu

>Rose is an ewok
top fucking kek

He's a white male and needs to be set up as a villain for Episode 9

Reminder that Poe
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Poe

Didn't she die

Just means she stayed pure all her life.

Yeah, they are both borderline non-characters with barely any screentime that die in very stupid ways.

express.co.uk/entertainment/films/892525/Star-Wars-8-George-Lucas-The-Last-Jedi-reviews

>The final shoot used an impressive total of 125 sets spread across 14 stages at the UK studios.
>Heinrich added: "We went into Star Wars saying we’re going to do matte paintings and we’re going to be hanging miniatures. That’s the way we’re going to do this cause that’s what George would want."
>"And of course George visited and he’s like, ‘Why are you building all these sets?’"
>Lucas was not impressed with the loving homage to his classic techniques, simply seeing the time wasted when technology was now available.

Reminder, Grandfather Anakin is in better shape than Kylo Ren.

It's funny how Poe regularly switches between white and Hispanic depending on whatever shit Sup Forums wishes to push.

its like he could never make us happy, so hes returning the favor by being just as difficult.

blew up in the hanger bay along with every other pilot including the survivors of starkiller base. Real shitty end for those pilots.

The Resistance got it worse then this movie then the Rebellion did at Hoth and that is saying something.

>Snoke's backstory and motives are left to tie-in content
fug

Poetry

Let's be honest, was Snoke ever gonna turn out to be anything interesting?

Just like Sheev in the OT

George Lucas' hatred of sets was his most degenerate trait.

Did anyone else notice a certain... malice within TLJ's storytelling choices?
I don't know, I feel like Rian either took the time to shit on what Abrams' set up or some of the more mercantile aspects of the film.
For example, when Snoke makes fun of Kylo's helmet, or when he berates him for losing to some untrained girl, or Snoke's death itself, how much shit Hux gets in the movie from pretty much everyone, the fact that Leia finally gives Chewie that hug, or how they explain away Luke's disappearance.
Then there's the mercantile aspects, this one is a bit more vague, but the treatment the Porgs got certainly felt kind of... mean-spirited I guess? One of them gets fucking killed and roasted by Chewie, the rest get bullied by him and the one that's in the ship gets thrown all over the place during the final dogfight. Those weird gorilla AT-ATs (whatever they're called) only show up at the end of the movie, and there's even a gag about there possibly being a clothes iron-looking ship (it's literally just a clothes iron).
I dunno, I kinda got out of this movie feeling like Rian really didn't like what Abrams had previously set up.

Is tumblr burning down or no?

Possibly.

Haven't seen LJ but am deeply disturbed by things I have read/seen.

I really fucking hate that they basically made the original trilogy's cast into failures.
Episode 7...
> Should have had no Starkiller base.
> Should have shown us the New Republic and everything our heroes accomplished after the original trilogy.
> You wanna destroy the New Republic fine but do it at the start of 8 not in the introductory movie before we got to see it (use the star crusher rather then build another fucking death star)
> Should have opened with Kylo's betrayal & destruction of the Jedi temple so we could see what Luke built all those years & actually feel it being torn away from him.

You want to destroy all our heroes made & stood for in the original films, fine, but let us see and feel that don't fucking do it in faint flashbacks. We didn't come to these films for new characters we came for closure on some of the most beloved characters in cinema history.

Fri)01:07:06 No.97493704
I don't like how they didn't address the New Republic shouldnt be crippled. The capital rotates and each system donated a small portion to the whole fleet. Several core worlds should still have their major politicians alive from not being on the current capital as well as the remainder of whatever planetary fleet they didn't donate.

What the fuck did they do to lukes character
Please tell me that was just luuke abd tge real luke has been in carbonite for 30 years

No.

DON'T CALL IT A GRAVE

Let the past die.

Oh look everyone, it's that one guy again.

APOLOGIZE

No.

Prequels are still shit.

Tallie was cute! CUTE!

Sadly :(
I think the only pilots that survived are literally just Poe and that anteater dude. Oh, and Nien Nunb.

It's the post-modern thing to do to shit on everything.

I actually really enjoyed Revenge of the Sith,

Let the post-modern die

rate them

I fucking hate post-modernists. They think they're so clever for subverting expectations but then not replacing what we expected with substance of equal or greater value.

Here's a towel. now please wipe the cum off your lips and asshole.

Better than sjwars #feminism gurl power

>Holdo enters hyperspace through the Supremacy

So Wexley had an IBS wedding and got blown up?

do any of you fuckers have webm of FO fleet getting RADDUS'd?

Her death really hit me hard.

Well, if that's true doesn't that mean the majority of the Star Wars films are shit, huh?

I think Matt Parkman and Colleen Wing were somewhere else for some reason.

Their designs are inferior to Senate Guards and Royal Guards, but they actually fought in the film so that's nice

Yeah, actually.

I have THIS.

What went so wrong?

So, do those little kids believe that the Rebels will put an end to such "evil" stuff like perfectly legal horse races?

Reminder that ep. IX will end with pic related.

fuck you.

Are the foxes connected to anything from rebels at all?

So you're saying that this franchise is shit?

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Everyone except Leia realized that they were much better off under Empire rule.

No, Rebels has Loth wolves which are completely different

Same, man, same.
desu I'm pretty bummed they keep killing off all the cuties. I guess it's true what the Jedi say about attachments. Huh, there's some meta for you.

>tfw Kylo pulls a Lelouch.

>loving homage to his classic techniques
It's not a technique. The only reason he used it was because he was constrained by technology. Almost every SW documentary tells you how depressed he was with smoke and mirrors and repainted halloween masks.

Who is the semen demon in the middle? I'd like to force her female if you know what I mean.

>be Resistance
>die

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this fucking franchise is the best sci-fi comedy ever.

>spend most of the movie setting up the balance/grey

>nope it was all just a fakeout, back to your regularly scheduled good vs evil

You sold Star Wars to Disney after getting butt-hurt over negative criticism. Fuck you. This is all literally your fault.

Just saw the movie

Rose is shit
Holdo is shit
Quips are on par with MCU shit
Kylo and Ren will be shipped to death
Luke is a bitch for the first half
Hux is the autistic screeching meme
Theme is completely "fuck the past this is star wars now"

BROWNS AND BEIGE

On one hand, that makes total sense in the context of Star Wars
On the other, it's so fucking silly

Tell me Black Squadron will ride again

Fake news

Maul, Dooku, Vader, Grievous, & Jango: Welcome to the dismemberment Club Snoke.

EARTH TONES

We got grey Jedi though officially

Grey in the old canon were the ones that did their own thing and basically ignored all the Jedi code

There is literally no more Jedi code and it's never coming back so it's just Rey using the Force to do whatever she wants and feels is right...we're pretty fucking grey.

So I have to admit, Im kind of glad that Carrie Fisher's daughter got some acting time in for the movie. It just feels right that she plays a part in this series.

Did any of them survive?

>being this wrong
>not understanding what post-modernism is
Please return to Sup Forums with your single digit IQs

Sorry, I don't read Soule comics, my religion won't let me, so I have no idea who most of those people are.

Now, do you miss me?

I'm talking Force portals and helping the heroes

>won after order 66

>still winning after ROTJ for decades

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

wow. TFA was better. What the hell.

Rey has the texts. The movie was hammering down the whole "THE JEDI WERE WRONG, MAKE SOMETHING NEW" and then she fucking takes the books anyway.

I thought you were shit but you are still better than crylo who turned evil because his uncle didnt love him enough

He can and he will

except Rey still has the books.

The crystal foxes are just dumb animals

Did anyone else find it unnecessary for Maz Kanata to stick her entire tongue down Snoke's urethra?

The Jedi scrolls are the Star Wars equivalent of the old EU. You can take some stuff from them, but a lot of it is stupid BS.

>no Jedi code
Bruh. Rose was sleeping on top of the Jedi texts.

I can understand not wanting to read Soule's stuff, but with the exception of Poe Dameron, I recommend giving his Star Wars stuff a try, especially his current Darth Vader series.

Well, I did find her appearance pointless and forced, so there's that I guess.

Those are just for learning, she won't be restoring them. Yoda made that pretty clear.

>fucked the empire which makes a retarded baby that is the first order
>gets snoke's attention to fuck with luke and jedi
He was playing 12D chess the entire time

Post modernism is about deconstruction a bout genres. It's cancer. Fuck off.