Don't take no risks.

Other urls found in this thread:

tapas.io/series/Cardinal-Junction
bigfancynoodlings.tumblr.com/
shnider.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Something I did a few days ago when I had free time

having trouble getting the juices flowing so did some sketches

It's real cute but what's with her arms?

Drew myself a Persona 5 style avatar for social media.

Recently started a web comic, Batman.

Makes more sense to post the link after typing sucha remark, but also a good excuse to post more art, too.

Link though: tapas.io/series/Cardinal-Junction

My scan job is pretty shit, i might go to my library tomorrow to scan it in.

One day Sup Forums, one day Nigga-Watt will be complete...

Tryna learn how to color in photoshop

>tapas.io/series/Cardinal-Junction
Pretty awesome.

you should publish as a children novelist. Your art style could scare a few kids.

havent posted in a while..
this is an elven knight for a graphic novel in progress.
comments/crits welcome

Lol, you're not the first to bring that up. I kinda like the prospect of that though, reminds me of this children's picture book based around Edgar Allan Poe's short stories someone once brought in during a high school English class.

I was recently suggested to look into making pop-up books, too, which is particularly interesting to me. Particularly because I have never thought to make one nor do I have any know-how to construct one, lol. Experimentation at its core though.

Thank ya, though, mate. I'm flattered to receive such kind remarks.

Just did a quick Google search, and the picture book was called "Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Madness", in case anyone wanted to know other than just me.

I remember enjoying the visuals for the Masque of the Red Death short story.

Yeah I agree, I screwed up a little bit on them

best ITT, got an instagram?

Still deciding which design i would use

bigfancynoodlings.tumblr.com/
not yet but here's a tumblr.

jesus you're way too good to get so little notes, that's partly why I shifted to IG. lot easier to get noticed.

hey thanks man. I think i'll be starting up a twitter/insta real soon. might do me some good.

nice, I don't check my tumblr too much but I'll be on the lookout for when you switch over.

Somebody kill me.

Option A

Option B

Fixed this earlier in the week before starting on a collab project that's due at the end of the month

i like A, option b reminds me too much of digimon and is too angly i think. stardust should be horrifying, yes, but not like a scary clown monster, like a fucking mountain moving towards you

also i cant imagine stardust would ever tilt his head upwards, he's like 8 feet tall, so it could just be that i've never actually seen his face from that angle

Like comedically serious or played straight?

my personal take on it is "the world" is the straight man and stardust is the comedian. he is stoic, and doesnt really say much, but his horrible terrible punishments that he inflicts on criminals are his way of teaching them a lesson in some sort of alien metaphor. the world around him reacts as expected though to someone getting their body shrunk or turned into a tree or crumpled into a little ball or whatever, and is horrified by him, but still sort of grateful

stardust either maybe doesnt know he's killing them or has some alien knowlege that they'll continue in some new weird way post-death so he doesnt really care if he kills a criminal

I'm back onto drawing book OCs and generally trying to draw them in action now.
Did one of the doctor but it's nsfw.

I guess I could just do more expression sheets. Trying to do more work in color over-all too.

>tfw you draw in a sketchbook every day but have a shitty scanner so it's barely visible when you try to scan things

Oh yeah and kissing studies for no reason

Hell yea dude, what ever you've been doing lately keep it up I just love the look of this. You did a real nice job on the latest page btw!

I think I saw your work before- I like the look of the monster a lot!

Working on Bridgman

I just take pictures with my phone and edit in instagram.

I actually have to fuck with the contrast and brightness pretty heavily just to get most of my lines visible, and the clean up process often takes fucking hours because of it. A tablet is on the list of priorities, since I've been thinking of doing a webcomic centered around the two depicted. Basically a slice of a weird life centered around the two depicted here; left is an ex-covert operative of a shadowy arm of the US government, right is a British expat who fled her fundy muslim family. They have a common trait, in that both have cybernetic implants that adversely affected their pituitary glands. Slice of of a weird ass life for the most part, but you can't have a gun-toting bunny girl with an overclocked nervous system without having a bit of over-the-top violence now and then.

I've been playing with some brushes in SAI and I'm feeling less than fulfilled. I can't shake the feeling that I should just bite the bullet and jump into Adobe CC despite the subscription model.

Did you think about giving CSP a try? I got the frenden brushes for it and I'm liking it.
Comparing SAI and CSP to Adobe PS, I find the former 2 much more drawing friendly imo

Seconding CSP, only art program I felt comfortable paying for.

Not letting this one die yet.

Been working on this from time to time.

Just finished it.

Looks nice.

I'm not sure if it's just an illusion from the torn jumpsuit but her torso seems long.
Love the painting techniqueI never know how to critique, so that shit probably makes no sense.
Also you got a tumblr or something?

thanks
I appreciate the critique all the same.
No, no tumblr. I have a DA and FA. but that's it

thanks!

THERE, I DID IT RIGHT THIS TIME

Mind linking your DA?

sure, shnider.deviantart.com/

My most recent finished piece.

I just got a pen+ink book, this stuff is rad.

Heads for days. I can't wait to be confident enough in my skill to try to sell it.

Christmas Cold

practicing heavy hatching with no understanding of anatomy

small thing Im working on. Want to start doing more dynamic poses soon

Forgot to resize

I mean, your anatomy isn't atrocious or anything, but you would greatly benefit from doing some from-reference work. It'll help a lot.

oh god I've achieved nothing all year

Thank guys.

Is she going to swing that lance? Got any more lance girl draws?

here's one i fucked up earlier.

where did you go
why were you gone so long

love the scratchy monotone style
looks rad as hell, great lighting and shapes
pretty good
creepy and cool
I like the simplified colouring, looks good to me

I'm not an artist but I drew this chick the other day. Wish there were more threads for writing critique but what you gonna do.

crystal treatment?

Just the crappier older version's I drew of her. And this once showing off her robotic limbs

Self portrait from a few days ago.
And I'm totally going to stop being lazy with colouring and values at some point

not sure what you're asking user

A friend's OC and Flycatcher from Fables.

I really like use of color here

That's god damn adorable

bampu

I love the box blaster

Thanks, folks!

Any insight to your inking process? My lines are always shit tier and I'm just looking for any insight into inking and I never really find anything online.

Don't know if I shared this here yet.

Finished that crowd shot from the other thread.

It helps to practice on paper with pen or sharpie. take it slow and steady traditionally, and then when you move over to digital you can be faster with your strokes while still having the muscle memory that aims for accuracy.

Getting good at art is really just about studying the fundies, then copying what you like. I've been pursuing art seriously for about a decade, and I've only started being decent at lineart maybe 2 years ago.

Use references. Copy an image line for line if you have to, if it helps you understand the process. It helps me to watch streams of people drawing and see how they do things.

Not him, but I do all my stuff on paper, then work on it digitally. Thanks for the advice.

Androgynous fashion is fun

Is that crotch cannon punisher I see?

Fuck off Batman, i'm sick

no idea what kinda footwear/legwear I should use. maybe sneakers.

whoops didn't mean to quote

Combat boots, nigga.

>;ove the scratchy monotone style

Much obliged, user! It's my loose very loose take on the line engravings from the 19th century.

I'd post some newer work tonight, but I spent the last six hours typing up a story bible for my new comic series. Lol, maybe I'll take a break and actually ink something related to one of the entries and post it here tomorrow. If the thread is still here, that is.

That took an embarrassing amount of time, I forgot how to construct feet for half an hour. Thank you very much.

You did good, chief. Feet are tricky for me too.

Thanks a ton!