Walt Disney wants their own streaming service

>Walt Disney wants their own streaming service
>so they remove their movies and series from Netflix
>they support the repeal of Net Neutrality
>which among other things will be bad for streaming... except for Netflix
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-14/netflix-is-less-noisy-defender-of-net-neutrality-as-vote-arrives
>Online video provider more powerful and may not need rules

Did they really think this through, Sup Forums?

And then there's this:
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-14/disney-will-rue-its-merger-with-fox
>The combined company will be tied to cable TV. And cable TV will die.

Someone explain this to me, Sup Forums.

>cable tv will die
Can't they just make shows for internet then?
Also, without a doubt Disney has already been talking to all ISP and their new streaming network will be one of free ones so Disney can charge you monthly.

>Can't they just make shows for internet then?
Yes, but you will have to pay extra for good streaming quality.
>Disney can charge you monthly.
That's another mistake: many people will have to choose between Netflix or them since not everyone can afford paying for both.

>Can't they just make shows for internet then?
making money on the internet isn't as easy as cable tv. Your audience is scattered and is also trying to find away to cheat you out of an honest buck.

Disney has enough clout that they can royally fuck over any ISP that tries to limit their Disney Netflix shit.

Let's say Comcast tries to extort Disney and make them cost/charge extra for Disneyflix. Disney would threaten to remove all their networks from Comcast's TV shit, remove any Disney licensed shit from companies that won't pull their shit from Comcast, and send the legal hounds after Comcast.

Can some small shit company do that? Nope, giving Disney a huge advantage.

I'll believe it when I see it.

>they support the repeal of Net Neutrality
good.
A FUCKING LOOPHOLE

>good

>Yes, but you will have to pay extra for good streaming quality
Proof? I don't live in the boonies so my internet isn't shit and I also steal all content like the rest of Sup Forums

What ISP do you use?

Yep.
>be major isp under new laws
>change policy and curate internet
>no longer fall under the legal definition of broadband provider
>law status: bypassed
If your counter argument is "b-but they will never do it because of outcry and loss of profits!" then you realize this is exactly why we never needed such a law in the first place

>he wants corporations to censor the Internet
Let me guess: you voted for Drumpf so the government left the Internet alone.

and how does NN prevent it when there is literally a fucking loophole to do exactly that? Remember, there is no law preventing an isp from changing its policies.

OK, but don't complain of your ISP blocks Sup Forums and they don't give you a pay option.

I'll be here all year, just like every year. Stay mad and retarded.

All I've heard from people supporting NN is fear mongering and speculation
They seem incapable of defending it without concocting elaborate fanfiction about what the evil corporation will do to them if it didn't exist

Have fun looking at a BLOCKED PAGE message, son. We non-US users will be here, discussing good shit instead of live action and other crap.

Exactly my experience as well, and exactly what happened to me in this thread. KEK.

>shill fear mongering intensifies
its almost cute

>has to pay extra for defending his favourite corporations... for free

>retarded eurofag thinks a us website with us servers is going to work just fine for him

>he has to fear monger to get people on his side
where are your arguments? don't you have anything original? I'm waiting for you to post your cable package meme at this point. You have nothing else after all.

Obama era policy that prevented companies from doing things they weren't doing to begin with and putting the fate of the internet in the hands of the government.

"Fascist" Trump gets elected and says "take away power pls" people freak out the government doesn't want power and returns internet direction to consumer driven ISP.

Actually, the funniest part is his law wouldn't prevent jack shit due to a loophole. See

Yeah, maybe we'll miss you Sup Forums.

>he defends corporations Luke Google and Facebook for free

Any retard trying to accuse anyone of being a corporate shill for not supporting NN is failing to see some hard irony. Also fuck government bootlickers, fuck off to North Korea

>implying an american based website will be unaffected by american laws
the delusion is real

Your content already gets curated on your search engine and twitter but you are complaining Comcast MAY not yet you use Netflix over Crackle even though that could hurt their business if people founs out?

Not to mention that king chimp slipped NN into one of his bills and didn't even let it come to vote and it largely functions as a means for the government to shut down any content it doesn't like

so you're saying public outcry and loss of profits would prevent them from doing such things? Than why do we need NN at all when the bill is flawed as it has a blatant loophole anyways?

Also did you compare a website to ISPs? are you retarded? Those sites have nothing to do with NN, its all about ISPs.

This user is correct.

Well I wouldn't call Obama a chimp, just a brown W. ssdd

>>Online video provider more powerful and may not need rules
You are gullible to fall for that one, OP.
O wait, you are another copy pasted paid damage control. No surprise there.

>if people founs out?
People will accept paying 5$ more per month because it will "BTFO Sup Forums", they are already spamming the whole internet with that victory dance.

Honestly, people are stupid and acting as if the world is about to fall into a corporate dystopia now because of a law, that didn't stop them from doing what they they'll do now in the first place, is about yo be repealed. For a group that likes to tout how intelligent they are, they sure are stupid

>Your content already gets curated on your search engine and twitter
imFUCKINGplying websites being able to censor people has anything at all to do with net neutrality

why the fuck is every pro net neutrality faggot here not only completely misinformed but also a vapid fear mongerer?

Calm down there user, you're saying people should go with logic instead of fee fees

Google (Alphabet) and others are backing NN; they already have a connection to the internet bypassing ISPs and would have the finances to start their own ISP if they really wantes to. I find it suspect large corporation with lobbists would WANT centralization power over the internet.

Because anti NN fags are even more misinformed than them, so they feel justified.

holy fucking shit you faggots better read and understand what this implies.
>its a law that does absolutely fucking nothing to prevent ISPs from curating the internet and throttling if they have a simple change in policy
a fucking loop hole

Except they aren't.

If that was part of a plan you wanted to buy then sure. ffs my cellphone data plan is better than my home internet and they aren't under NN. Let the market take care of it.

>loophole loophole loophole loophole loophole loophole loophole loophole loophole

So the new rallying cry is "A. FUCKING. LOOPHOLE." huh?

Wouldn't it be better to pass legislation to fix that little hole instead of burning everything to the ground?

>OH SHIT they pointed out the blatant flaw in the bill now i have to shitpost even harder!
>is this working? please tell me its working!

A.
FUCKING.
>LOOPHOLE
wouldn't it be better to revision the bill entirely instead of trying to work with the absolute turd obama gave us in case there are any more flaws to be found in it?

A fucking looplol

Not really, since you're more likely to not even pass any bill at all. Revising is much easier than tearing a things down and starting over.

Because fuck, if it was that easy we could have been on Constitution #3 decades ago.

>defending censorship because Obama dislikes it

>defending a fucking loophole

How about we not have any unnecessary bills that spend our tax money on da gubament baby sitting our ISPs? If you are willing to trust this bill despite the loophole because "t-they would never risk losing their customers" how is that any different than when someone says "isps won't curate the internet even without this law because it would affect their profits and drive customers into the arms of other isps"

Except Net Neutrality was the censorship. Do you pro NN retards even know what the bill did beside your incorrect belief that it kept internet companies from throttling your data? Something they could do even when NN was a law anyway.

Why am I surprised, these are the same retards that think state funded means free

cry more bitchboy, you are now in a corner you will never be able to escape from. struggle like the pig in the slaughter house that you are

>If you are willing to trust this bill despite the loophole because "t-they would never risk losing their customers"
But I didn't say that.
I said it'd be way easier to keep the bill and patch the flaws than to throw it out, draft up a new bill that addresses said flaws, and then get it through everybody including all the paid off scum.

and I am saying its a stupid bill and our tax money doesn't need to be wasted on anything like it now or in the future.

They don't think, they are afraid and have to spread their fear everywhere they go. Like a scared little animal. Its amusing as fuck to watch these tears from fears flow from every orifice of their body, truly this is the greatest year.
>YAS queen! we need to spend our tax money on isp baby sitting! surely a FUCKING LOOPHOLE is no concern to us!

Censorship is not the same thing as regulation.

this one fucking image has destroyed net neutrality fags every time i see it posted
good work user.

>tears from fears flow from every orifice of their body, truly this is the greatest year.
dont know if this was intentional but nice little ryhme you made there user

And I'd disagree with that. The diffusion of material through various streaming services has already conditioned consumers to expect the idea that digital content can be segregated based on what service they purchase. The internet, effectively being a channel of communication, should honestly be considered a fucking utility. Bills to nanny these fucking companies are, unfortunately, necessary. If you'd had any experience with the scumbaggery that is Comcast, you'd know. I hate it, but we need it.

This is the most concerning thing to me, though. This whole mentality of viewing the issue based on how you can get the most schadenfreude for your buck instead of how to best deal with keeping internet distribution from segmenting and compartmentalizing.

A
FUCKING
LOOP-HOLE
holy shit you net neutral fagz are DONE AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

No one wants your gay ass bill. It didn't work, the cancer has been removed by our top pajeet. Fuck off with your government hand holding bs

Yeah see, you're not even talking about anything, you're just spewing buzzwords.

you don't need the internet to live and have provided for homes like you do with water and electricity, dipshit. internet is not a life necessity and there are plenty of places its available for free anyways should someone need access to it.

because you ass it wide open for penetration i decided to use you like the filthy whore you are. Open wide, say "aaaaaaaahhh"

Baby want government baba?

>you don't need the internet to live
So... what are you doing on the Internet, user?

>Expecting any more (You)s with that weak ass shit.

I'm disappointed. I had to work hard for replies when I was a kid.

>The internet, effectively being a channel of communication, should honestly be considered a fucking utility.
>he actually thinks this
omg my shitposting is life and death! its totally like water and electricity!

Not needing it to live, that's for sure. I use it for pleasure. Even people who rely on it for work can go to a fucking starbucks. It is not the same as water and electricity you are an imbecile for even thinking this.

OK, do it. Live without the Internet... if you can.

You saying a smoker can't live without cigarettes? addiction=/=life necessity

>backpedaling
Welp, that was quick.

>government should treat pleasurable things the same as things people actually need to fucking live like water and electricity
how much soy do you consume to be this much of a child?

>ignoring the vital point that Internet is not comparable to water and electricity
Typical pro NN retard.

>soy
No balls to finish that word? Oh well.

>Even people who rely on it for work can go to a fucking starbucks.
Not everyone who uses the net is sipping frappachinos while living off mom and dad's dollar, user. And Christ, please try to imagine all the poor fucks who currently rely on the net crowding into libraries trying to get their turn to complete their reports and transactions and the like. Try to imagine what happens if the ISP the library uses decides it doesn't want to allow access to a site endorsed by a competing ISP and someone trying to do their shit is just outright fucked. It's silliness.

An internet connection is thrice as important for business as telephones were decades ago. But fuck that, let's go back to fax while we're at it.

should the government start funding cigarette habits for smokers too?

>electricity
>vital
Sissy. Back in my days we only needed bonfires for heating and cooking.

Great. More Sup Forums bait pretending that telecom companies having an excuse to throttle your internet, cut off sites they don't like and charge you even more is a good thing. I own lots of Verizon and At&t stock in my retirement account so I stand to benefit either way. What is everyone else's excuse for supporting the repeal of Net Neutrality all of a sudden?

It takes balls to say soygoy? It doesn't even make sense to say soygoy in that anons posts lmfao I can see you are derailing this now because you were destroyed.

Fuck you, I went without internet for a few months a while back after I had some issues with my ISP. Still managed to get everything done. All I lost was streaming capabilities. And shitposting capabilities

Can my cigarette function as a means to advertise my small business, make calls, acquire additional funding or simplify procedures such as ordering inventory?
No?
Then no.

>imagine and believe!
sorry user, internet is not the same as or important as water and electricity no matter how much you cry about it.

Can you go to a local library or starbucks to do these things for free? Yes? then off with you into the real world were the internet is in fact, a pleasure and not a life necessity for the majority of its users.

>doesn't dare
QED.

Proof or poof.

>Suggest people crowd public spaces to access internet
>"user actually imagine that scenario"
>WOOOOOOW, IMAGINE AND BELIEVE LOL!

Bitch don't come up with hypotheticals and then bitch at me for explaining why said hypotheticals are shit.

Dear Hiro,
Please make a new rule: you need to be 18-65 years old to use Sup Forums.
Love,
user

>user is so sheltered he can't imagine a life without internet an demands proof when someone says they've been without it which isn't even an impressive accomplishment

I mean yeah.
And you can go to a homeless shelter for heat if you can't pay your utilities. The fact that there's public access doesn't change whether it's a utility or not.

I agree, then you can be banned and we don't have to hear you whine over a fucking loophole not being passed.

>Proof or poof.
I don't know how I'd have proof of that. You want me to call up my ISP and get them to send me through my service history?

>obsessed about loopholes
Want to talk about it?

That's a start, yes.

Where do you work that doesn't rely on the internet to get things done?

except houses need those two things or else you can not live in that house legally and practically speaking. But you CAN live without internet and many many people do live without meaning we don't need the government to treat it the same we do with water and electricity because a home can still function without internet but it can not function without water and electricity. You can die of thirst, you can die from the cold, you don't die without internet.

Wait I'm confused, because the previous system was flawed and net neutrality was already compromised, it's okay to completely officialize that net neutrality doesn't exist at all?
That's like saying that because there's legal tax avoidance might as well just not punish tax evasion.

Somewhere in the Bible Belt, of course.

Well it's midnight where I live, so I'll have to wait until their offices are open before I can contact their billing support. Probably have to wait until Monday too. Do you have an email I can forward this information to? Is it [email protected]?