If Kylo's still evil after killing Snoke...

If Kylo's still evil after killing Snoke, Doesn't that mean Darth Vader would have been this way if his his suit hadn't killed him?

Disney Wars aren't canon, user.

/thread

But I guess the Star Wars Holiday special is

>Doesn't that mean Darth Vader would have been this way if his his suit hadn't killed him?
vader isnt kylo
he probably does not want to be locked up and probably executed, but he doesnt want to go back to evil
he would probably move back to to tatooine, and live the rest of his days as a hermit, contemplating his actions and reconnecting with the force
he will then eventually die as he runs out of spare parts and fade away like yoda did

Kylo was brainwashed for 30 years and is still conflicted to the point of insanity, Vader went full dark side in his 20s.

They're different.

Kylo Ren is supposed to be in his 30s? Is there a time skip in Last Jedi? I thought he was like 19.

in all honesty, I enjoyed the Christmas Special far more than TLJ, and that says a fucking lot

Says you have shit taste and are a fraction of a fraction of a minority

That you have incredible shit taste.

>t. disney's nu-male manchild target audience

What? No.

All Sith kill their masters, that's how the Sith operate.

Vader turned back to the light

Got your feelings hurt huh?

Kylo is not evil though, he's just a victim of the circumstances. Rey should have said ok and then turn him to the light step by step.

thanks for the you
you triggered cunt lmao

soo..
Actual light saber fights and Space battles < Ewoks drinking eggnog

Kylo isn't a fucking sith

I mean, Chewbacca's family at least had more personality than anyone in Rogue One, ayy.

Why would you not use a spoiler tag? What the hell?

Don't you have an essay to write on how the Prequel's are profound and ambitious films unappreciated by the masses?

How was I supposed to know you nerds had a spoiler tag?

How so. He operates with Force through anger.
It's not like the one have to pass some sort of exams to become a sith or get the diploma. Get some practice, kill own master - and you are sith.

Right next to the button you used to upload that image of Snoke there's a big box to check labeled "Spoiler?" Idgaf about spoiling this shitty movie, but c'mon son.

Nigger, what. You don't need to exaggerate, we hate TLJ already.

Is that a joke?

He's a ball of fear and rage that killed his master and wants to rule the galaxy.

He's the Sithiest Sith to ever Sith to Sith-town

Rey'd probably turn evil in the attempt

1. Are their names Darth Ren and Darth Snoke?
2. The knights of Ren are implied to have more than 2 members, Which is heresy in sith teachings
3.The Sith were meant to be destroyed in Return of the JedI, According to the prophecy

Then Finn becomes THE LAST JEDI
I now fixed this trilogy. Your welcome.

nope
sith never meant "dark side user"
sith was a specific kind of force user that subscribed to a particular interpretation of the religion
just like how not every force sensitive was automatically a jedi
this fits with new and old canon

According to Luke Nephewkiller, probably.

>I can't take criticism off the internet
Kek

You can't become jedi by killing a single sith. Especially if he is your master. It's basically a graduation test every sith have to pass.

The only guy who was able to return back from the dark side was that protagonist in old Bioware game about Old Republic. And he not just blew up Death Star but personally murdered every single one of a thousand siths that were waiting for him at that station.

Also this guy is non canon probably.

So no, Kylo can't stop being evil till death.

Why isn't he a sith if he was taught to be a sith by the sith.
The next thing you are going to tell me is Darth Vader wasn't a sith.

Vader killed his master, though.

I really want to play KOTOR again but I loathe Taris.

He is now

YES. THAT IS CORRECT.
Mix and stir, mix and stir.

Seriously, at least it's awful in a fun way.

Her Mary Sue powers will keep her fine

>Kylo LITERALLY says "fuck the sith, fuck the jedi, lets do our own shit"
>"lol he's sith"
God damn you retards dark side != sith

I haven't watched this movie, nor the previous one, but I remember this Snoke guy being hyped up as some mysterious mind-blowing figure.
You're telling me he gets killed and that's it?

Yeah I'd be down with that.

Then Luke Skywalker is not a jedi either, because he was taught to use Force by imaginary friend.
He never graduated the Jedi academy and hardly knows anything about philosophy and religion of Jedi.

He's an organizer and leader.
Having him be the "He's 5x the Emperor!!" power creep Sith Lord would have been utterly rote.
There's enough rote storytelling leading up to this movie as it is.

>hardly knows anything about philosophy and religion of Jedi
Except the entire point is Yoda taught him that shit between 5 and 6. Pay attention

He died a virgin, that makes him either a Wizard, a Jedi or a Sup Forumsmrade.

The time that passes between 5 and 6 episode is hardly a week.
Yoda died three days after. He was poked by seagulls at the beach.
You can't become a jedi after a week of intence trainings, the same way Kylo couldn't become a sith after a years of studying under Snoke.

Where is it said that Snoke is sith?

He could have had contacts with mermaids at that island.

>go on normal media outlets, all praise TLJ
>watch movie, both self and friends loved it
>go to Sup Forums, everyone hates it
i didnt totally buy the Sup Forumsntrarian meme until now

Where is it said he is not?
He opposes jedi and do evil deeds.
How can we know that Empire in episodes 4 - 6 is actually evil?
How can we know that Palpatine is sith. His finger thunders may be a result of Force using. Force user != jedi or sith

The time between 5 and 6 is several months, not a week

>How can we know that Empire in episodes 4 - 6 is actually evil?
its hammered home by pretty much every character that the empire is evil, and the movie never tells us otherwise
conservation of detail means that its unlikely they were ever secretly good

>How can we know that Palpatine is sith.
because he has a sith title
followed sith traditions
this new cgi cartoon character has nothing
and has done nothing and will do nothing

what a mess this all is

Because Palpatine straight up said he identifies as a sith and follows the rule of 2

So you can become a jedi in a half year, while getting lessons from old alien who couldn't defeat a self-taught not-sith?

Just like Kylo. Yet Kylo is not syth as this thread have taught me.

5 and 6 was at least 6 months, if I remember correctly. It took time for Lando to integrate into Jabba's fortress. If it had only been a week C3PO wouldn't have said "Lando never returned from this awful place" because it would have only been a week.

Tell me the exact moment Kylo goes "I'm a sith" and says "lets implement the rule of 2"
Because guess what, he doesn't. Palpatine does

>integrate
It's infiltrate.
Someone's been on Sup Forums too much.

Is this ever Sup Forums related??

I'm really hoping we learn something more about Snoke either in 9 or in expanded content in the coming years. You can't just drop a Force user of that level on our heads and not give us SOMETHING about who he is.

>ywn a neutral pappy vader story yoda style

There are like 10 ongoing Star Wars comic books published by Marvel currently.
Star Wars is more Sup Forums than most of other subjects of discussion on this board.

>muh Sup Forums
absolutely OBSESSED

So it's just another SJW bullshit.
"I don't identify myself with a male"
"I don't identify myself with a sith"
It's not a matter of a free will. That was the point of Anakin. You think he really wanted to become a sith?

I thought it was a Freudian slip, I didn't realize you were borderline illiterate.
You have my apologies.

When was the last story time thread here?

And I'm assuming OP title isn't spoilering the non-cartoon movie coming out today?

... Yes? He did it willingly so he could learn how to keep Natalie Portman from dying.

This. It's all too halfassed and badly thought out.

If there was a guy that powerful out there where the fuck was he 30 years ago?

He's not even human, yet the remnant of the empire sucks his cgi cock.

This plays out like really bad, novel length fanfic with an author insert marysue and more plotholes and lack of source material consistency than you can shake a stick at.

Anakin wanted to be cool and edgy and powerful and bang hot older chicks.
Only the Sith option was available for that. So yeah.

>This plays out like really bad, novel length fanfic with an author insert marysue and more plotholes and lack of source material consistency than you can shake a stick at.

So just like everything past Episode IV?

But he was already at the dark side. And Yoda told that once you on the dark side you can't go back. It's all happened slowly. Long before that last decision. It's like the point of entire prequel trilogy.
Kylo may not identify ownself as a sith, but he is at the dark side. Except Disney breaks the old rules, then whatever.

>Needing to have a character explicitly state what they are

I hope that's not what you're implying user. Because Kylo Ren sure as hell doesn't need to tell anyone he considers himself a Sith considering what he does and how he acts.

at least they were entertaining
i have not been entertained

You were younger then, you were entertained by a lot of badly written shit back then.

They've got Marvel Max studio now, for R-rated Marvel and SW movies. You'll be enterntained soon.

The entire point of TLJ is to let go of the past, including the labels and shit. Sith are an old idea. It's like saying a modern day christian is a crusader

Christ I sound like an SJW cunt with this label shite

Well, as long as the Rule of Two is in effect you have to kill your master.

You’ll probably want to take the mad evil cunt down anyway, though. And then convince yourself you’re different for long enough to get shanked by your own apprentice.

DUDE TURN UR BRAIN OFF LMAO

But seriously, this movie is a giant diarrhea spray shit towards anyone who liked Star Wars prior to Disney.

v and vi were better written than every SW film that has come since
rogue one gave me a tingle or two though
everything else has be horrible in comparison

Yeah, it completely shits all over the timeless masterpieces that were Episodes I-III.

Reminds me of the big bad warlord Vong guy. Good leader but the second he steps into a Jedi’s reach he’s dogmeat. And the author specifically wrote him with as big an advantage as he could and not make it completely retarded.

Jedi with her feet in gunk, come up from behi... shit, dead.

>But seriously, this movie is a giant diarrhea spray shit towards anyone who liked Star Wars prior to Disney.
I'm trying to figure out who they are writing this for.
It's not the oldfags that like the old shit, and it's not even for the faglets that were raised on the prequels.

Who the fuck is the target audience?
The chinese, who seem to eat up any hollywood crap at the moment?
Who?

Children and casual fans.
Comics has adequately shown that you wither if you patronize the crust-aceous old neckbeard fans. And absolutely nothing will please them anyway. At least nothing you can hope to make a profit on.

t, 12 years old contrarian

You're acting like Disney Wars cares about any of this. They turned Luke into a guy who attempted to kill his nephew. The Force lets you fly through space. They don't fucking care. It's just like the MCU: a workman piece full of interchangeable parts and quips where the only difference is the setting. We're probably not far from a GotG vs. Star Wars crossover.

>The entire point of TLJ is to let go of the past
Yeah, including everything that came before Disney. The entire movie is one giant symbolic flushing of everything that came before Disney.

They turned Luke's misled father into a mass-child murdering fiend.
They turned a subtle power that could cloud minds and guide your actions into Go-Go-Power Rangers leaping and spaceship levitating.

Star Wars has been shitting on it's own themes since the second movie. Because it's always been George Lucas or someone else just winging it.

And then a horde of man-children trying to reconcile it with equally poor fanfiction, officially recognized/published or not.

did you like this film?

Where did you get me defending the prequels? I would say, at least, that the prequels weren't George going out of his way to jettison and crap all over the OT, just him being an incompetent dolt. That's very different from TLJ which is very clear in its intention.

Dunno, do you count every kid on Alderaan? Cause if you do he did some child murdering before.

And we’ve known it was possible to levitate a spaceship, or do X-wings not count?