Recent Purchases/Shelf Thread

Let's have a shelf thread, Sup Forums. We're not having them as much as we used to. I even looked at the archive and there was nothing.

Anyways, here are my latest purchases.

Is that invisibles a box holding multiple regular trades or one super fat perfectly boxed hardback omnibus?

And here are quick pics of a couple of my shelves before I move. I'll take better pics of everything once I'm at the new place.

That's the Omnibus without the dust jacket. I'm planning to sell it and just buy the trades for comfier reading.

Unless you know where they're all collected at a used book store I'd say keep it and simply read online.
But then again while I've never read Invisibles I've heard nothing but good; so it probably is a Book So Nice You'll Buy It Twice.

watch dogs is my favorite comic

What I've gotten this month from my Pull list and Book club.

Rest of these posts are clearance section at my LCS which I didn't even realize they still had.
Ravaged the damn thing (and it did the same to my already christmas-spending wallet).

I assume these trades are the entire Shadowpact run, since I don't recall it lasting very long.

We had a month of too many /shelf/ threads and people just reposting the same stuff. So it needed a break for user's to get paid. I was thinking it was about time for a new one too though.

just grabbed this photo from online cause it's easier. You read it half way and flip it to read it from the other way. Pretty good horror comic.

I just got Hellboy Library Edition Vol 1 from that Amazon deal a couple months ago.
I sort of wish I had gotten Hellboy in Hell, Fury/Storm or whatever Library edition has though. I want to collect them all, but reading through Wake the Devil always feels like such a chore.
What with HB monologuing and it just feeling much looser than the next few volumes

It's fucking beautiful though. I didn't realize these Library editions were just as big as DC Absolutes

Dead Orbit was seriously the best thing in the Alien franchise since Aliens. The pacing and tone was PERFECT
Issue 1-4
>Space Hulks, exploration, touch of mystery and body horror
>Body Horror, fear, chest bursters
>suspense, panic, people scrambling
>non-stop heart hammering action
Fucking perfect

yeah, about that time of year for me to clean out a LCS's clearance section as well

I had bought the complete Luther Strode and library edition of Hellboy in Hell but MyHermes are without a doubt the worst courier I've ever had to deal with.

They're insisting that it was delivered even though I wasn't home, I asked who signed for it and they said there's no signature, then when I asked how can they be sure it's been delivered they said it's because it's been signed for. Infuriating stuff, wish people would just spend the extra couple of quid and use literally anybody else.

Today I got
Miracleman 1-3
Captain Britain: End Game
Dreadstar: The Beginning
Spider-Man Epic Collection 7
Still in the mail:
Fourth World omnibus
Silver Surfer Epic Collection 3
Miracleman 4
HunterxHunter 14-31
Lobster Johnson vol. 3

Just got this in the mail today. I want to say thank you to the kind user that gifted me this in the Christmas thread a few days ago. I'm going to wrap it up and put it under the tree so I can act surprised on christmas.

Riddler, if you read this, much love.

Lotta MxM.
You get it on sale or did ya dump near $200 on it all.

Leila Del Duca's artstyle is perfect for fantasy concepts.

Er HxH. Sorry

That's a game that I'm always trying to sell but for some reason couldn't.

just so you know, there are Omnibus versions of Hellboy coming out next year

More recent. 50-75% off

Shelves

> TFW always wanted a physical comic book collection.
> Nearest comic book store is a 2 hour drive away and i don't know what they're selling.

I envy you folks.

Full shot
Why is that an issue? Go there and browse, there will be something. Or just shop online

Really? How much it collect and how does it compare to the library editions?
I own 1 and 5 was for bookclub but I intended to fill the gap eventually.

>God Loves, Man Kills
Why is it under that cover? It feels so ... ill fitting.

I like in a shithole eastern European country with no LCS anywhere. Don't make excuses.

>Dat top shelf.

Check your local book stores and used book stores. Most of them usually have a graphic novel section.
Also Craigslist sometimes have people selling their collections.

And if nothing else there's always purchasing through THE INFORMATION SUPER HIGHWAY.

I live in a southamerican shithole as well. Don't make excuses

It's God Loves, Man Kills 2. The origional was reprinted in the back though. Most of X-treme X-Men is named after classic stories.

Ah. Is it any good? Or is it just a buy to get the original?

It's alright. A lot more light hearted fun than the origional, but all of X-treme is fun with lots of cheesecake. This one is a Kitty story, but thats ok cause Claremont can actually write a good Kittt. Unless you want to collect X-treme just stick to the origional.

Picked up Milligan's Paradax and Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay yesterday for $5 at a local antique shop. Also had the collected run of Camelot 3000 and the volume 1 of Captain Marvel DC Archives but Holiday shopping has me broke

Nice. I was wondering how is the rest of Invisibles if anyone else read it, I read the first issue but god I was so confused. I had to double check to see if it was the first series or not and it still was.

>Cheesecake and Claremont

Maybe I'm just not as familiar as his work past some jokes, but isn't Claremont known for his fetishes?

whoooo boy. X-men is a tour of every fetish that ever exists. But there are some very common ones
>brain slavery
>bondage
>body swap
>public nudity
and almost all the women are bi or closet lesbians. Claremont recently confirmed that Racheal and Kitty were supposed to be lovers, so that checks off the young experimenting girls fetish

Went to pick up my pull list (Flash, AN Wolverine, Venom Inc part 2) and my LCS surprised me with this early Xmas gift, a nice box to hold my comics in!

Neat. Did they know you like Venom or they kinda just gave em away.

They know I like Venom, I've had him on my pull list ever since they opened, the LCS is inside the theater I used to work at back when I was in high school, so the owner usually hooks me up with stuff

Bump

And recent purchases

Nice Gundam The Origin. You also sad that Vertical chose to publish Wing Endless Waltz over Crossbone?

Repostin'

Satan's Chili

I should read some of Lemire's Canadian stuff. Since I grew up a bushman

No Abe HC yet friend?

the inconsistency of this collection is annoying me, this is something you should see at a library, not a collection

I should get more Legends of the Dark Knight.
I remember it being good.

Seth fisher fuq ya

Not yet I'm waiting for the hell on earth HC vol 1 coming out later this month and then getting both on ist along with some other books

Same boat, so I do everything through IST.

I got paid back some money I was owed, so I ordered the Fourth World Omni and Sunstone HC Vol 2.
Tracking says it's due today, so it should get here any minute.

I'm waiting on Black Science HC 2 for the same reason.

Part 2

Love The Doom that Came to Gotham.

>Dead Orbit was seriously the best thing in the Alien franchise since Aliens. The pacing and tone was PERFECT
Issue 1-4
Yeah it was great Stokoe was top fucking notch he seriously needs to do more comics

Got a Howard The Duck omnibus for my birthday, really love it. Probably one of the few times where they actually gave a fuck an matched the coloring to how it was when it first came out

been pretty pleased with my collection growing so far. Looking forward to my first 14 volumes of judge dredd the complete case files arriving soon. looking to complete my Powers collection too.

Got these a few weeks ago. Been really liking Rebirth so far. Noticed afterward that all my purchases had Batman in them.

Lots of Hellboy fans I see.

That was a dumb decision. But I guess they can do want for now since they already localized the quintessential Gundam manga. Let's just hope they get around to adapting Crossbone. I'd love it if someone will also do Skull Heart and Steel 7.

Here is from a couple weeks ago I still haven't read them all. I was thinking of reading either Batgirl or Betty & Veronica next.

The manga volume cost more than the art book. Also bought the final Alan Moore Spawn issue I needed along with Violator vs Badrock. Mr. Miracle #5 Mitch cover as well but they are in my long box.

I like you.

Waiting for mail:
Daredevil by Miller Vol. 1
Doom Patrol Book One
Sex Criminals Vol. 1
Paper Girls Vol. 1

I'm debating with myself: i should get all Witchfinder and Lobster, or stick to Abe Sapien HCs and Hell On Earth ones first

Look at my stupid new shelf, a semi Sup Forums work in progress.

For a moment I thoughT those were the original issues.

Amazon just put up a third Abe Sapein hardcover, it has the other three trades in it.

Now the wait for Witchfinder/Lobster Johnson/Hellboy and The BPRD hardcovers.

>What is Amazon?
>What is buying Comics Online?
>How do I stop breathing from my mouth?
I mean, I can see what a stupid dumbfuck you are, but you should try to not make it so obvious

Oh user
Why? Why keep buying King's shitty Batman run? Even if I am Bane was the best of all the three first volumes, the run is still garbage.
You could've saved your money and bought something else.
Also you got fucking scammed on that The Button Hardcover, you bought the objectively shittier cover. Was that the only one available?

Are you getting the Hellboy in hell library edition it looks like you have just enough room to squeeze it in and if you get rid of one of the vol 3's you can get HB the first 20 years and weird tales

I just realized they're probs not gonna reprint Bendis Daredevil anytime soon anymore seeing as how Marvel is a bunch of spiteful pricks..

Do you happen to have a link for Dead Orbit? Not on Bay.

I am, work is slowed down to a halt until next month though so no purchases until then

It's a confusing read at first, but the further you go the more sense it makes.
I fucking love The Invisibles. Still one of the best things I've ever read in my life.

Oh that's an artbook I thought the movie's soundtrack was on record and was like WHAA?

i have more

and more

and more

Thanks my dude. My outlook: I'd rather have the LoJo/Witchfinder hardcovers down the road.

PRAYING they have the 6 page short story that precedes the Icthio Sapien issue.

The others won't come out until there's a hard end to the series.

Bump

How old are you user?
It's fucking retro comfy and the newspaper comics really seal the deal.

So here are my pre Christmas recent purchases.

Here is the shelf with all my comics and graphic novels.

And finally my manga shelf. I know this one isn't great. I'm trying to build it up with better stuff though.

do u buy of the net or at your local

Both actually. I got where ever I can find the best deal. A lot of the books I want are complete collections or at least larger collections of stories. So they usually are a lot more expensive.