Is it finally okay to admit that I fucking hate these suits and that it took like seven movies to get some kind of even...

Is it finally okay to admit that I fucking hate these suits and that it took like seven movies to get some kind of even remotely comic accurate costumes in Apocalypse (at the very end). People would praise up and down how Deadpool was so accurate to comic costumes but if someone brought up how shit the black leather was, they'd get blasted in the replies.

(FCs nod to the classic outfits weren't bad though)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3BXP5XAkPt4
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/olivia-munn-reveals-why-she-turned-down-role-in-deadpool-but-accepted-x-men-apocalypse-a7012691.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>MUH SPANDEGGS SUITS, COMIC COSTUMES CURRACY, HEHEHE SPANDEGS GOOD MOBI, THANX DISNEY, LOGEN IS NOW YELLOW, XMAN SABED,

But they look like an actual special ops secret team there. Instead of just a bunch of autistic retards.

Logan has no use for a costume or a mask since he doesnt have a secret identity, doesnt need body protection and its too jaded for a halloween costume. There is no good reason for him to ever wear his classic costume.

>it took like seven movies to get some kind of even remotely comic accurate costumes in Apocalypse
First Class had the blue and yellow, I know, in the wrong characters

Product of the 90's, because - yes; yellow spandex would like shit.
Deadpool's costume worked, because not only was it more modern in the comics; it also translated better on screen.
The clusterfuck that are the various X-costumes would be less successful unless they stuck to a universal look like they did.

how to spot a moviecasual

>But they look like an actual special ops secret team there.

Yeah, a spec ops team that couldn't climb a three foot wall because leather pants aren't made for practicality.

And don't forget the pure stealth of going 'squeak' any time they moved an inch, thanks to leather on leather movement.

Well, Banshee at least wore the OG teamssuit for most of the 90s.

>being an expert of capeshit movies is something to be proud of.

it's not just okay

just like spiderman it's common sense to hate the shitty movies that came out before they finally got to Come Home

>Banshee
And Beast, but no after the second mutation, just in the 60's

1. Everyone complained about the suits from day one, faggot, you're not special and your opinion means less than nothing because it isn't original
2. It was needed, obviously you weren't of any level of maturity in the late 90s, but capeshit was a "no no" to the masses, the biggest movie hero of the early 90s was Batman, and that franchise got embarrassing for adults to even humor by the third installment, thus the only comic movies people felt comfortable enjoying had to be more adult, more modern, and less comic book. Blade, Spawn, X-Men, it was all about looking like you could fit in at a fetish club, because at the time that was "in", I know it's hard for 20 year olds to believe, but it's the truth, and X-Men bridging the gap between the edgy pseudo goth late 90s and comic heroes who weren't involved with vampires or hell is what was needed to lead to what we have today

Back to 9fag

>comic accurate costumes in Apocalypse

>But they look like an actual special ops secret team there. Instead of just a bunch of autistic retards.
>Logan has no use for a costume or a mask since he doesnt have a secret identity, doesnt need body protection and its too jaded for a halloween costume.
Okay I don't normally like doing stuff like this but I'm gonna need you to watch this because this guy articulated my issue with what you just said way better than I can
youtube.com/watch?v=3BXP5XAkPt4

>. It was needed, obviously you weren't of any level of maturity in the late 90s, but capeshit was a "no no" to the masses
I'm not denying why it existed. I'm just also saying it was terrible

Did youjust completely miss the "at the end" part?

> in Apocalypse
I suppose he means this, only Jean isn't accurate, I'm disappointed with Mystique but at least they try

I hate the suits too.

Does it really matter when they're in them for a total of 30 seconds at the end?

It will never be ok you dumb comicfaggot.

I suppose they wanted go with that in the next movie and that should be something related with Mr Sinister, now who knows ...

That seems to be the problem with most of the X Men movies, "We'll do it next time". It took them how long to do Sentinels and Apocalypse, and practically every film ends with the team forming. Now we got a pointless phoenix story, again, coming up

Black costumes are ok as long as you can tell one character from another.

>Is it finally okay to admit that I fucking hate these suits

Lots of people are open about hating the movie suits. Why should it not be okay for you to say so?

> remotely comic accurate costumes in Apocalypse (at the very end)

Those costumes looked like shit though. Comic accurate =/= good.

>People would praise up and down how Deadpool was so accurate to comic costumes but if someone brought up how shit the black leather was, they'd get blasted in the replies.

Deadpool's costume sucked too.

>no one is allowed to every repeat an opinion or feel the same way as someone else
Wow

An you have also this, is the only character that should go from the FoX Men to the MCU

(stands on soapbox)
IS IT FINALLY OKAY FOR ME, A UNIQUE PERSON WITH AN OPINION THAT MUST BE HEARD AFTER YEARS OF HAVING MY OPINION BLOCKED OUT, TO SAY I HATE JOHNNY TEST?

You sound really triggered that person started their thread with a generic hook in order to get posts. Maybe reddit or tumblr would be more your speed?

Thank God the rights went back to Marvel, now the X-Men will actually look and dress like X-Men again. If only Disney could buy Warner Brothers maybe we'd actually get some good DC movies for once too.

Nah, you seem offended I'm calling your thread a shitpost. Maybe you should go to a less critical community, like......reddit ^:)

Marvel cant make a good X-Men movie because they can't show drama, no X-Men fans want a comedy movie about it

>your thread
Not my thread, I just think you're an idiot

>Those costumes looked like shit though. Comic accurate =/= good.
That's why I said "remotely accurate"

>Deadpool's costume sucked too.
Said nobody?

>She said no to Deadpool
Still funny to me

This shouldn't matter to anyone ever unless they are actual samefags

go rape another twink you pathetic faggot

Marvel movies have a lot of drama but cut the tension with comedy. It's a winning formula. Most X-Men movies also have comedy so I don't know what you're complaining about. It seems all DC fanbois can do is babble on about quips.

>Muh company warz

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/olivia-munn-reveals-why-she-turned-down-role-in-deadpool-but-accepted-x-men-apocalypse-a7012691.html
>37 years old
>whining about being "eye candy"
Bitch, enjoy it while it lasts. You're near your expiration date.

I like DC comics and want them to have good movies. It just gets annoying that this board, that is allegedly full of superhero fans, is constantly shitting on the MCU movies, which are critically acclaimed. It seems like most of it is bitterness from DC loyalists and it gets old.

>37 years old
Thought she had < 30
>sad

She's has visible asian genes. She won't expire till she's 60 at least.

>Sucking dick to get roles
>Apocalypse role was still basically eye candy tier
Oh, the irony

>That's why I said "remotely accurate"

The fact that they tried to make them look like the comic suits is why it was bad.

>Said nobody?
Said me. Granted, I don't amount to anything.

>expire

She expired well before she was even kicked off of AoTS.

That's not a part of the actual movie as far as I'm concerned.

you're inarguably right OP, these costumes make them look like the biggest faggots who ever lived (probably because it was directed by one of the biggest faggots who ever lived).

For a series which is all about colorful characters with larger than life personalities they couldn't have done a better job standardizing and sapping all the energy from the team.

First off, these are terrible. Secondly, these aren't going to be used, just like how Wolverine's costume was never used. Thirdly why is Bryan Singer there?

>There is no good reason for him to ever wear his classic costume.

Other than embracing his role and support for the X-Men and being in solidarity with Xavier and his cause, which, y'know, is a pretty strong reason to do that.

Wolverine's classic costume wasn't given to him by Xavier, he had it when he fought the Hulk.

Was I talking about why he got it originally, faggot? You said there is no reason for him to ever wear his classic costume.

As I just told you, there is.

>superhero fans
>caring about critics

Take it to Sup Forums' we like comic books, not critics, we do not care what normies, casuals, or film snobs care about OUR shit, fuck off you're not one of us

Name a MCU scene that comes close to the opening concentration camp scene of X-Men, death of Senator Kelly, Wolverine torture, Magneto mother death, Nazi bar, Sentinel massacre, or death of Shaw in terms of drama

So no reason then.

hahaha wow, literally this
but non ironically

The X-Men have all had like 500 different uniforms, i had no problem with it.

I also genuinely like them. Very Ultimate.