Best dynamic right here

Best dynamic right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-LvcikKyxc
youtube.com/watch?v=YGUGwmN7vI4
youtube.com/watch?v=QgNvKr010pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm glad I'm not crying! Because I would hate for you to think that what I'm about to say is based on emotion! But YOU, SIR, are a baboon!

>tfw no more Bart and Maggie interactions after that one episode

Sad!

That was a deserved scene in context back when Lisa was consistently characterized as a believably precocious and under-appreciated 8 year old. And you, like everyone, always cherry pick that scene without acknowledging the note the episode ends on with Homer and her reconciling.

The scene where they make up is one of the most heartwarming things the show ever did
youtube.com/watch?v=m-LvcikKyxc

That halloween episode from last year where Lisa was afraid was so cute. Where Homer pissed off those seasonal employees and they broke into the house.

That rooftop scene was fucking adorable with Homer and Lisa. Best Halloween episode in years.

Sup Forums always sides with Homer though, it's inevitable. Homer is a braindead, workshy functioning alcoholic who basically just wants to be left alone to watch TV and eat. Lisa represents feminine power and intellectualism and talent, and sure that's all well and good, but wah mommy I'm trying to watch TV and jack off! Give me muh tendies!!!

>I’m a white male, age 18-49, everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!
It's a funny quote but it's true. The fact that Lisa still provokes such vitriol 20 years later only proves how necessary she was as a character

Why is it that Halloween episodes stayed decent for longer than the rest of the show did, and even still have the occasional good one?

They're probably pretty easy to write, the plots are generally already done for them
>pick 3 horror stories
>do parody
>add gags

I feel like the new writers forgot about this.

>necessary
Effective would be a better term for what you mean, but yeah, I suppose so.

can't forget the most important part, the Simpsons predicted ISIS

>And you, like everyone, always cherry pick that scene without acknowledging the note the episode ends on with Homer and her reconciling.
Homer is a terrible parent, I'm all down for lisa, that's why I posted it. He literally tells her he doesn't care about her problems.

>imdiddlyplying it wasn't pic relaterino

Should I stop watching after season 12 or keep going?

If you've made it to season 12 you've already endured a lot of awful shit. Armin Tamzarin, Barney going sober, Apu's marriage and children... you shoulda stopped at the end of season 9 really and then just watched the grease ep, Trilogy of Error and Behind the Laughter

Implying they wouldn't have destroyed everything or melted down the gold.

I miss old Simpsons.

>Stopped at the end of season 9
But then you would have seen The Principal and the Pauper. Stop at the end of 1-8 it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=YGUGwmN7vI4
youtube.com/watch?v=QgNvKr010pc

>the "revelation" Lisa got in the sensory deprivation chamber
>parents are exhausted all the time

This show got too goddamn real.

>and then just watched the grease ep, Trilogy of Error and Behind the Laughter
None of those episodes were any good though.

Your gay

It was refreshing to see Lisa act like a kid again, as well as see Homer be a good parent. Not every joke landed with me, but I enjoyed the sentiment of the story. And, I have to give credit for the staff shaking things up and doing something different.

>Honey, I’m your dad. I’ve lied to you more times than there are stars in the sky but I gotta be straight—this is real. But you can’t let fear shut down your brain because between the two of us you’ve got the only good one.

I've actually been exploring the newer episodes of The Simpsons with Matt Selman's involvement - as I hear his episodes where he writes or acts as co-showrunner are surprisingly good - and I gotta say, they've been mostly good. "The Book Job," I would actually rank high with other classic Simpsons episodes. "The Food Wife" was another good one, along with "Steal This Episode."

I do sometimes get curious if the show ever gets any better. Like, at this point it's been bad for so long that everyone just assumes it won't/can't, but that also means even if it did no-one would care. The only times anyone pays attention are when something overtly awful happens like the Ke$ha intro, Gaga ep, Nedna, Pokemon Go ep etc. but it seems unfair that modern Simpsons is judged entirely on its worst moments.

I also loved the Book Job; I felt it had a lot of heart.

>Pokemon Go ep
The A-plot for that episode is actually really good. It's a weirdly dichotomous episode.