Why do people like Spider-Man Homecoming...

Why do people like Spider-Man Homecoming? Only positive I could take away from it was Keaton pulling the rare performance that looks better than the original, like Raiden and Kano from Mortal Kombat, or Penguin from Gotham, but aside from that the movie was a joke to me as a life long Spider-Man reader, and I wonder if the praise comes from mostly non Spider-Man readers?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/82468004/
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/82614497/#82615763
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/83182067/#83185170
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/83342046/
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/85781974/#85784496
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/91024814/#91026941
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I wonder if the praise comes from mostly non Spider-Man readers?
You just answered your own question.

Criticize it without mentioning Stark or minorities.

Complete bastardization of the comics and doesn't get the character or what his series is about at all.

There have been dozens of writers on his series. There is no one defitinitive meaning for the character.

Why do you have a criteria for which things can be criticized? HEY, CRITICIZE MY DICK WITHOUT MENTIONING GIRTH OR LENGTH

Yeah, doesn't work. In any case, it just was not a Spider-Man film, it didn't capture the character or deliver any of the things you'd want to see from the comics.

Original Peter was done to the death. So in the end they've made white Miles for the sake of originality.

Why wouldn't people like it?

Pro-tip, normal people don't go into something looking to hate it, they go in looking to find something they like. There wasn't really much to hate and like you said Keaton knocked his stuff out of the park.

Original Peter was never done once in these movies.

>Why do people like Spider-Man Homecoming?
I want to fuck Tom Holland

Yes, there is. Especially for teenage Peter who has only been written by three people, and two of them were purposely emulating the first.

>Why do you have a criteria for which things can be criticized?
Because Stark is there for 5 minutes and minorities don't affect the actual plot of the film, therefore, these complaints are irrelevant.

I didn't go into this movie wanting to hate it though. I went in hoping for a good Ditko Spidey like everyone kept claiming the film was like "Spider-Man done right this, Spider-Man done right that!" And what do I see? I see that shit.

Canonical != good

Could you be less vague? You're just saying "it did Spider-Man wrong" but you never elaborate.

Stark my only be in it for 5 minuets, but his importance stretches through the remainder of the film to the point where he might as well be there through it all. Also, why the fuck is Peter idolizing Tony fucking Stark MONTHS after he killed his own uncle.

This. Come on, you havent even given a single criticism of substance. just "ITS SHIT AND YOU'RE SHIT IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE"
in fact OP even started out with a compliment. I dont understand, op, are you drunk?

I neither hate nor like it, it was not exciting in any way and I can't forgive that.
I like things about asm2, I don't like things about homecoming

You do know ditko isn't the only spiderman writer. This spiderman is in pied from ultimate spiderman

Yes actually. Ultimate is only liked because of nostalgia.

I dont think it was months, it looked like it had been about a year. Long enough that there was no need to have a random crying scene about it, but not so long that Peter would want to do anything to remind Aunt May of her loss.

MCU movies are made for normies who never read comics. When another MCU movie earns a billion it's not because of comic book fans. Normies wouldn't understand or appreciate some of original comic book themes. They need adapted, down to the earth, interpretation of characters and their desires.
That's the main reason DC movies suffer. They think too much about comic book fans and being all the "faithful" to the source material.

I've ranted this in just about every Spider-Man thread, so I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote because fuck writing it all out again. Even though I already know you're just going to respond with "hur dur, not muh".

Spider-Man isn't some goofy kid who spergs out at everything he sees and acts like a moron constantly, throwing himself head over heels over a complete stranger. Teen Spider-Man is a kid who has no friends, and was prematurely thrusted into an adult world. He doesn't really trust or respect most of the other hero community unless they're outcasts like he is. He doesn't rely too heavily on tech because his intelligence shines through when he applies his knowledge of chemistry and physics to the enemies he's trying to defeat. He relentlessly makes fun of his enemies because of his pent up aggression towards his enemies. But most importantly, it's about a normal person who finds himself with amazing powers. Not someone who has amazing powers and has a billionaire supporting him, but someone who is dirt poor and doing the best with what he has. His entire motive is that he let his father figure die from his own actions and feels that if he doesn't become a hero something bad will happen again and we see him grow with actual character development and we see his personality radically shift with the more experience he gets, which is something unheard of in cape comics (Until some asshole decides he doesn't like it and makes Peter sign his marriage over to the fucking devil). I didn't feel like I was watching Spider-Man on the big screen. I felt like I was watching the flanderization of what some shitty Tumblr accounts impersonation. You know the ones, the kind that depicts him as the child of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers?
Plain and simple, this isn't a Spider-Man movie.

Yeah, I remember Ned Leeds going to school with Peter in Ultimate and Michele from Ultimate. And how Peter was well off. And I remember Flash from Ultimate being such a little bitch. Remember that scene in Ultimate where Peter was friends with Ganke and had a super high tech suit from Tony Stark?

I assume so does Heath Ledger's Joker?

You only see that because you choose to. You refuse to respond to the actual criticism, or dismiss it as not worth your time. That way you can feel good about yourself for being in the right.

I liked it because it made me feel like a stupid shitty kid watching stupid shitty cartoons again.
That scene that's basically taken out of "If this be my Destiny" almost made me cry out of sheer joy.
Keaton's killer performance as the Vulture was a great bonus.
It was schlock, it was shit and the story definitely wasn't very good. But god damn it that's the kind of shit I love.

What the fuck does what I said have to do with Heath Ledger?

Beside Michelle, it borrow a lot from ultimate spiderman.

Yeah, like Ned going to highschool with Peter. And Peter having an AI. And Flash being a little bitch. And Peter being friends with Ganke. And Peter having a high tech suit.

He's not canonical.

Phoneposter detected.

Elaborate.

He doesn't idolize Tony, hell in civil war he was more like "the fuck are you doing here? go away" . Tony could be replaced by Cap, Rhodey, Fury whatever, Peter was obssesed with the idea of becoming what he considered a true hero. Stark was just his free ticket to that world. How he comes to accept his place after seeing Vulture fuck up his family was decently protrayed in the film. But yeah, I wanted more uncle Ben too

Iron spider
flash was a genetic bully.
Ned is a pretty much a big reference to gawke

Shoving shit anti white jokes by a smug latino bitch is fucking insulting

THANK
YOU
This user is a real Spider-Man fan, he gets it

I'm not against fun, or embracing your inner child, or anything like that. Hell, I cried in the theater watching the colorful horses movie out of pure child like bliss, but that has nothing to do with Spider-Man or what makes a good Spider-Man adaption, you know, the issue is not that the film should be a masterpiece, just that it was not a good portrayal of a beloved character some of us grew up on. Does anybody defend DBZ movie? The Avatar movie? No, cause they ruined what those properties meant to the fans, it's insulting to assume comic fans shouldnt be the same way. That being said, I'm not saying you can't or shouln't enjoy it if you do, I just don't get it.

OP here, just because I liked Keaton doesn't mean I liked anything else.

While what you describe is spider man, that's not why the movie was boring.

>Iron spider
Not Ultimate and not highschool Peter. Hell, it didn't even function like the Iron Spider
>flash was a genetic bully.
The fuck does that even mean?
>Ned is a pretty much a big reference to gawke
You didn't even spell his name right. Not that it matters, since I already addressed it.

What's there to elaborate? TDK Joker does not fit with any Joker interpretation from the comics. He LOOKS like a mix between the original Batman #1 Joker and Morrison's Arkham Asylum Joker brought to live action, but that's it. Joker never raved so much about "muh chaos" in the comics, and was way more over-the-top.

If you can't be assed to fix glaring and numerous spelling errors caused by your auto correct why should we be bothered to give your post any consideration? Is proofreading that fucking hard?

Are you fucking kidding? Every second was him sperging about how cool the Avengers were and how great Tony Stark is and how he wanted to be just like him.

And I don't care? There was one line which I'm sure most normies don't even remember.

Ehh, I don't know.

Big baby can dish it out but he can't take it.

Try reading shit prior to Comics Code.

>homecoming was bad, the amazing movies were good!
>FoX-men never had any bad movie, its all over
>DCEU is KINO
I don't know if its just Sup Forumsfags, but I'm getting real sick of this MCU contrarianism. Yeah, these movies aren't Goodfellas, but they're miles beyond the shit we were getting before like Ghost Rider or all three Fantastic Fours or Daredevil. Only underages or assholes don't realize this.

Your the cock sucking bitch for thinking disney has a right to put insulting shit in their garbage movies. Kill yourself

We liked Amazing because it was more comic accurate than Homecoming you retard. YOU'RE the outsider here. Go back to Sup Forums.

Sorry that the pretty brown girl said something mean, autismo.

>thinking disney has a right to put insulting shit in their garbage movies
Not him but they do.

Bitch I can bring up the threads. Don't you tell lies on the internet like that.

Go ahead.

>months after he killed is uncle
Explain?

Must be the SW month, but I thought the kino memes stoppped after Squad.

Actually its Native American.

Spiderman is 15 or 16 and he got his powers when he is 15 years old.

>Only people who like it are fake nerds who haven't read Spider-Man comics their entire life!
God, shut up already. Out of the audience for every Spider-Man movie since the 2002 one, 99.9% of them have probably never touched a Spidey comic in their entire life. Quit acting like a faggot over how most people haven't read Kraven's Last Hunt or Roger Stern's run.

Wow how ironic. Only underaged fags would think the MCU was the cream of the crop, I was a grown man when Iron Man came out, what were you? A mere sperm? You have never seen Batman '89 or The Crow and that's sad, what is more sad is that you don't read comics.

In any case, literally everything you said was assumption, carry on shill, we will keep laughing at you as you eat your corporate sanitized bullshit.

It was funny, had a good villain, Peter was fairly likeable and a bit different than previous portrayals. It wasn't the best Spider-Man movie by any means but it was perfectly fine. Fine and forgettable is basically Disney's motto these days.

>REEE PEOPLE ON A COMIC BOOK FORUM LIKE COMICS! REEEEEE, WHY CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT MOVIES?!?

MCU contrarianism was kind of funny, but now it's all samey and boring. Even more than the MCU films these people make fun of.

Come on, Idgaf about minorities,(although I can't picture the guy playing flash ever getting big enough to pass as venom)

But Peter absolutely works better auntonomously than as Tony's Robin

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/82468004/
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/82614497/#82615763
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/83182067/#83185170
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/83342046/
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/85781974/#85784496
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/91024814/#91026941

Go ahead, give those threads a read. Read through all of them. I can get more if you aren't convinced.

>REEEEEEEE ITS DIFFERENT FROM THE COMICS THAT MEANS I HAVE TO HATE IT, REEEEEEEEEE WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE IT SO MUCH

>pretty

I don't get it

Wow thats an oldman Joker

Regarding the future plans that Sony had for Amazing Spider-Man, give me the MCU version any day of the week. I enjoyed it also so that's a bonus.

[Citation from the movie required]

Comics are for kids. Or are you forgetting what they were created for. It’s fine we all like heroes and villains, but people on here really have to remember that it’s just silly to act like all this is super deep and a higher art form. Yes I know some stories and runs are really good and ascend their medium. But it’s all for kids and teens and people are forgetting that.

I was annoyed by his Iron Man Spider suit (smart choice for him to lose it for the final fight), Tony's attitude, and the CGI was actually atrocious.
But overall, I thought it was decent.
Holland was a good Spiderman.

>Holland was a good Spiderman.
I hope to fuck this is bait.

ASM2's production is a legendary mess. They nearly pulled a bunch of scenes out of the shooting script because they wanted to get to the action and romance quicker and Garfield pitched a fit and threatened to walk because the whole montage of Spidey doing everyday Spidey things like saving the kid from the bullies and giving him the pep talk was important to him. Wont be long before the mouse consumes Sony Pictures though.

I'm sure this was for kids
Kids haven't been the target demo of comics since the 60s, and none of us are that old, once decent action figures and video games were invented comics were a manchilds game,keyword man

Yes. Good. Not the best. Not amazing. Not even spectacular. But nonetheless good.

It boggles the mind how people have hopes for Venom.

Because as far as we know, it is just a retelling of his first solo comic minus the gang of five symbiotes and Carnage instead

Tony's only in 4 scenes
Also it'd make sense he'd look up to Tony Stark, savior of the world (even if that statement is nowhere close to the truth)

What was they supposed to do?
Have him be indifferent to the cool guy who is supersmart?
Tony is basically the Cristano Rolando of that universe
Even if you don't follow sports you'd probably have heard of that name

Also they cast the Divergent girl as MJ then cut her completely.

He was nothing like Spider-Man.

>if you're not acting like a creepy troglodyte towards a celebrity you don't care about them
It's possible to be a fan without hopping on their nuts all the time.

You haven't met your idol though
Peter did
And since they retconned that kid in Iron Man 2 into being Peter that would explain a lot

Initial disbelief and excitement is fine, but they've been in contact for months. Peter is acting like a stalker obsessive cunt.

Tony took him to Get any
Gave him a multi-million dollar suit
And then just left
Do you think anyone's life would be the same after that?

Tony should have done a better job at managing Peter's expectations but that would totally be out of Tony's character

How the fuck does Germany get autocorrected to Get any?

Except that means Peter is a fucking retard. It's not Tony's fault that Peter is too stupid to understand boundaries. Tony doesn't owe Peter shit. He gave him a nice suit and asked him to do a job, not to be best pals.
It's as if a musician gave you their guitar pick and you decide to call them day after day and do stupid shit to get their attention.
Tony Stark give out nice shit. He gave all those students full ride scholarships at the beginning of Civil War, and he's not going to go in and babysit them. Giving shit to be a cool guy is what Tony does.
Peter is a baboon who needs to learn the world doesn't revolve around him.

-Pete seems to want to be Spider-Man because he looks up to the Avengers, not because of guilt. Hero Worship is more Miles' thing

- They should have used normal Midtown High. The scholarship stuff was pointless.

- The suit having all of the tricks he'll learn installed hurts the idea that Peter is a genius. Spider-Man should be shown figuring that stuff out as needed.

They already noted what his motivations were in Civil War
And there's 5 movies on Spiderman's motivations being guilt related
Why already go on area already covered?
That area being his guilt about Uncle Ben

Like how Garfield Peter gave fuck all about responsibility?

>Gee I hope M-m-mister Stark-kun notices me as I put everybody on this boat in danger
some responsibility.

>Guitar pick
I believe that suit is much more than a guitar pick

It's basically if some singer pulled you out of a garage to be the lead guitarist for the Super Bowl halftime show and then he or she say that they'd come back eventually

It's not a reasonable thing to expect any young kid to go from fighting Captain America to handling bike thieves and him not be a little bummed out about it

That guilt over Uncle Ben is just like Bruce's Dead Parents. It's integral to his character. It's what allows him to go the extra mile to make sure not one more person dies when he has a chance to stop it.

You could reboot Captain America 20 times and his origin would still be necessary. You want to do something new? Label it an elseworld or Marvel What-if. But if you say you're doing the iconic version of Spider-Man, you keep the guilt.

A little suit like that is chump change to Tony. He didn't give him a hulkbuster it's essentially a cloth suit with a bunch of stuff.
He was not being called out to be a member of the Avengers. He was only called out to shoot webs and restrain. That's not being a part of the team its doing a job. A job he did poorly because he got greed hence why Tony told him to fuck off and go home.
>fighting Cap
He got his ass violated. And tough shit, Tony doesn't owe him mentoring.

Peter ditching Liz at the dance was supposed to mirror his decision with Ben, a situation in which he had a choice; get something he wanted, or do the right thing. Peter realized he didn't need Stark's approval either.

Doesn't matter as long as disney sells toys

He did though, he just struggled with it. Just like Peter did in the comics when he was in highschool.

Oh bullshit. They wasted the If This Be My Destiny scene on a fucking Tony Stark quote.

I dont remember a Tony Stark quote in that scene. I just remember Peter crying like a bitch, and then manning up saying "Cmon Spider-Man"

Peter obviously wants to be Spiderman to do good for other people. Otherwise he wouldn't be doing such minor things around the city.
He just wants to be recognized for his good deeds, and be thought of as a real hero.