Nedroid

I don't get it.

Yes you do, don't lie user.

This might make a good reaction image.

>Sup Forums.png

You forgot the additional description from the site.

That made me laugh all over again.

That makes the joke

I though the joke was fairly weak at first, but this really makes it great.

I love him so much

I never realized he had hover text. Time to go binge his archives again.

It's like a weak swing of the bat that ends up being a home run

They don't start immediately, but they are included a couple of years in.

I was just about to say how disappointing this one was until I saw that and laughed. God bless Nedroid.

>People still doubt Nedroid
You don't deserve him.

KEK

>Doing the Ronnie
good on yew

Anthony Clark is a national treasure.

>alt text joke is so good no one complain about phone posting
That's how good Nedroid is.

Didn't he already make this comic.

It's a good comic but I'm absolutely certain I've read it before.

Maybe it was exclusive to one of the books or something, I have those lying around somewhere.

Okay that got me good.

Wow, actual effort

top fucking kek

How can one man have so much power?

Huh, you know I just noticed that if you removed the top or middle part of this then the strip would still work

He only updates when he has an idea instead of to stay on schedule

>Hungrybox.jpg

So for anyone curious to get into this comic and only wants to see see the best bits, Im linking to a handy archine.

Nedroid.com

Needs a bit of trimming around the edges.

I was expecting that punch line in the comic itself, personally. Still good.

Holy kek. This comic never fails to lighten up my day.

I know what you're doing, and it's not working

Each frame might make a decent reaction image.

All of them together is too diluted.

you make me sad

i like it

He is precious

Kek'd 2bh

I might as well try and discuss this here instead of making a new thread: do you consider alt-text to be a legitimate part of webcomics as a medium, or just a "bonus"?

Also: who started using it as a consistent part of the writing, and what are some notable examples?

I expect your essays by monday.

Holy shit, Anthony is hilarious. In a world filled with unfunny instagram/buzzfeed cartoonist he is truly a hero. Bless him.

I think if he started going openly Sierra Juliett Whiskey for some reason it would truly BREAK us

>do you consider alt-text to be a legitimate part of webcomics as a medium, or just a "bonus"?
I'd say it does count as part of the webcomic since it's typically still part of the overall idea the author had for the strip.
I'm not sure who started alt-text, but I do recall seeing other styles before that like just plain having the text at the bottom or in a comment box under the page since like I want to say late '90s. The examples I have are not notable, nor can I even recall their names if they were.

It's definitely part of the internet comic medium. It can't exist on any other support. "alt text was "tried" in paper comics with squirell girls and it was awkward as fuck.

I think he might be a little bit, but his comics are too pure to have any sort of idelogy forced into them.

I don't get it

Beartato's earlier remark was that Reginald is not very sporting and throws a tantrum whenever he loses.

We see him throw an exaggerated tantrum and the assumption is he lost, but the alt-text informs us he's actually won this time.
The humor now comes from the fact "terrible sport" referred to Reg just being hyperbolic in general, and the tantrum shown was some sort of warped victory dance.
If I appear to be explaining this in a flat way it's because I am, anyone who fails to develop their own sense of comprehension of context, cues and comedy deserves to have every last source of entertainment robbed from them so their lives become a miserable husk of stale second hand leftovers and they regret every asking anyone to ever think on their behalf.

Now if you'll excuse me I have wiki articles to read.

It's interesting to see how he complements and switches the joke around. You can read the main stripe one way and it works, or you can see the alt text and get a different, but still effective punchline.

I mean kek

I know Achewood has almost always had them, and that started running in 2001.

I think Doc McNinja is one of the best examples of the alt-text being consistently funnier than the actual strip (or page, in that case).

The print editions feature it in a little footnote for each page iirc

The alt text in Nedroid is usually the funniest part of the comics, honestly.

Whomp usually has pretty good alt text as well.
Granted, I haven't read that in ages but I'm sure it's still funny.

>stirring
Lost

I like Alt-text, it’s like a secure way to add another punchline without fucking up the whole strip itself.

>don't think too hard about it
Now you've got me thinking.

Alt-text is pretty much the webcomic equivalent of this. So yeah, it pretty much can be considered part of the actual joke, with the advantage that it's not immediately revealed.

>The humor now comes from the fact "terrible sport" referred to Reg just being hyperbolic in general, and the tantrum shown was some sort of warped victory dance.
I mean. Seems to me like you missed the joke even though you're trying to explain it to this user and you're focusing on the wrong thing to describe. Which just feels sad to me.

Depends on what you mean by that. As said I don't think any ideology can or would be inserted here; however you're also likely to see the opposite of "[non-white group name] should be exterminated" or "the poor should slave and die becuz they succ" if any subject touching these would appear. That's not Sier Jul Whi anyway.
I believe he simply won't mix politics into nedroid though.

I don't get it, what is different from the OP here?

Would you say you're at a loss?

Each frame posted one after the other by different people would be the perfect chain of reaction images.

Well, here's r chance: explain to

>Simon and Schuster
Fuck, that got me.

Does he have any books with the comic out? If so, are they ant good?

SMBC's classic format was that, and a few of those have both a bonus panel and alt text on top of a caption.

I literally could not stop laughing.

Help me, I can't stop laughing, I don't want to go to the doctor with this