Would you say Sup Forums that the mask is the best example of live action mixed with cartoon zaniness?

Would you say Sup Forums that the mask is the best example of live action mixed with cartoon zaniness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TVAhhVrpkwM
youtu.be/0wJvLYiZv8A
youtube.com/watch?v=KepMb8jz1WM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How can you possibly say that when Who Framed Roger Rabbit exists?

I think it refers as an actor doing cartoonish stuff, not an actor interacting with cartoon characters.

The movie has aged surprisingly well.

who framed roger rabbit still had its moments of live action actor doing cartoonish stuff, but I liked the mask for having more of a looney tunes and tex avery vibe to it

Not Sup Forums related, but fuck it. This film had some greatly executed live-action cartoon-ish moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=TVAhhVrpkwM

Fuck I loved that movie, their suffering was borderline a cartoon

Jim Carrey is the king of cartoon zaniness, every facial expression he does seems taken right out of a cartoon I tell you.

Agreed, out of all of them that was the most successful live action 'cartoon' except possibly Kung Fu Hustle.

I kind of preferred the original comic.

>I forgot to put holes in the box.
Still makes me kek.

How different is the original comic from the movie?

Different user but Stanley dies at the end of the 2nd(?) issue when his girlfriend shoots him in the back of the head. So pretty different.

I really like both the movie and the comics, but they're very different beasts.

Not to forget that while the mask himself still had his toonforce, the comic was pretty damn violent.

Its interesting to see how they adapted/changed things from the comic to movie transition.

Not Home Alone?

Home alone 1 was awesome, 2 not as good but still pretty great, I really liked 3 despite what others might think of it, and 4 was shit

Yeah, the original Mask wasn't a wacky cartoony hero, he was a straight up psychopath in the first comic.

Top 3 Alan Silvestri soundtrack.
youtu.be/0wJvLYiZv8A

HEY
PACHUCO

I really don't see how a faithful adaptation of the comic could be done without being ridiculous, glad they changed the violence from graphic to just silly cartoon violence

>I really don't see how a faithful adaptation of the comic could be done without being ridiculous
It'd probably work better as an animated feature.

I think it could work, but the odds of it actually making any money are pretty low.

I still want to see the guys who made kung fu hustle do an adaptation of a anime. Just hand them over something like hokuto no ken or OG dragonball, damnit.

Fuck hollywood's shitty attempts at making stuff be "gritty and realistic", we need crazy-ass shit like they did in kung fu hustle to have the animu adaptations work.

Yeah, honestly i prefer the comical mask aswell, overall.
I do love all the adapted nods and touches from the comic (like mask's big ole teeth, among others). Kinda like the hellboy movies were to the comic, in a way.

That pic is from the second Mask though, not Stanley Ipkis

We can all agree that the series went to shit after The Hunt for Green October, right?

Trivia: Before script rewrites and hiring Carrey, the plan was to make it a horror movie (replacing the worn out Nightmare on Elm Street series, according to some).

Interestingly, the Cuban Pete song number was in the script from day one and never left.

Pretty much the closest we'll get to a Tom and Jerry Live Action adaptation.

It's been a long time since I've read it. I still remember Stanley murdering his grade school teacher though.

Damn, I need to rewatch this movie. I loved it when I was a kid but watching that scene, those are impressive cartoon physics and timing.

>I almost feel sorry for the little fella. Almost.
youtube.com/watch?v=KepMb8jz1WM

>hated this movie as a kid because the roach scene gave me a phobia
>watch it as an adult and love it
I wasn't expecting the cinematography to be so great for a kids movie

The original movie was supposed to be ultraviolent, they changed it midway through when they got Jim Carrey in the lead.

One can only imagine where that guys career would have gone, if they keep the movie violent.

The original comic was still cartoon violence.
The difference is that Big Head's brand of cartoon violence still applies realistic physics to his victims.

So Big Head himself having an anvil dropped on his head does the typical cartoony thing you'd expect, like turning him into a big talk pancake, or doing that thing where his entire body is an accordion, or just having the anvil crack firmly in half and leaving a big lump on his head that he just pushes back down, causing another one to pop up elsewhere.
But Big Head dropping an anvil on someone else turns them into street pizza.

Big Head even used to comic panels from time to time to break the fourth wall and get the jump on people.

>I wasn't expecting the cinematography to be so great for a kids movie
It was directed by the same guy who made Pirates of the Caribbean. And Rango.