Who would you rather hang out with, the Eds or the neighborhood kids?

Who would you rather hang out with, the Eds or the neighborhood kids?

The eds of course.
I woud challenge eddy for dominance

Johnny, jimmy, and sarah I would never hang out with. Rolfe and nazz I might talk to often, kevin probably wouldn't care about me. In the end, probably the eds

I was a social outcast so I'd perfectly fit in line with the Ed's. I was also admittedly a bit of a Jimmy/Butters type of kid who was way to naive and protected from the real world and very easily fell for and ended up being subservient to people like Eddy's and their antics.

But then again Johnny was also a social outcast and most people from my childhood also described me as downright odd like him so maybe I'd just hang with him.

Neither. They're all dressed like they might be at a Limp Bizkit concert and I'm too cool to hang out with people like that.

ed knows a bunch about horror comics and movies to watch/talk about, double d would teach you how to invent shit. If you could stomach eddy you would have a GOAT neighborhood friend group (who gives a shit if the other kids don't like you, most of them suck anyway). The only real problem I see is calling yourself Edward/Edison/something to keep the group name.

>Left
>Eddy
>Right
>Sarah

Fuck.

This, Rolf and Nazz are the only two neighbor kids worth hanging out with, and they're not above associating with you if you also hang out with the Ed's. Hang out with the Ed boys and those two on the side

The Eds 100%.

I will say Rolf is very interesting. He has very fun stories and intriguing life style. Why couldn't he be part of their group too.

Eds, I'd wake up excited about the next new scam that mad cunt has cooked up.

Rolf is probably the most accepting of the Ed's but the problem is that the Ed's very regularly screw him over one way or another.

Why does Sup Forums give EEE a pass when it comes to being overdone with its formula?

Eds

Double D is a cool and nice guy who could also help tutor you if you need help in school (also awesome inventions). Ed is a gaming / horror movie / comic nut and good hearted guy (even if he does fuck things up at times) so he's cool. Eddy may be a prick but he does get the ball rolling and causes some interesting things to happen.

For the neighborhood kids it mainly comes down to Rolf and Nazz who ironically would probably still be okay with hanging with you even if you are with the Eds (Rolf mainly going against Eds when Kevin is around or if they recently fucked him over. Nazz is pretty chill with everyone).

I don't think johnny would care, but he might be too obnoxious for me

There's a difference between a premise and a formula.

In Ed Edd and Eddy every episode is about the Eds trying out a new scam on the neighbor kids, but the direction that the episode goes in is completely and utterly off the walls and unpredictable.

In Regular Show, every episode is about something different, but you can set your clock to the second in the episode that some sort of 80s nostalgia shows up to drag Mordecai and Rigby into a reality-twisting threat that they have to overcome by using some personal macguffin that was introduced earlier in the episode and then the episode ends on a line about them having not learned their lesson.

I think it's the case of the hero's journey problem. If you think about a lot of media or follows that formula but so either do right or have a twist that makes them good. The eds were just enjoyable to watch and the formula was brood enough to still have twist here and there. Or it could be the saw thing, you know the ending but want to see how they got there. That's my two cents.

Johnny's just plain weird. He has no problem with Ed's and is perfectly willing to hang out with him but a lot of times he'll screw them over for inexplicably no reason.

Like when Rolf fucks with the Ed's it's almost always because they started it or it's some odd cultural barrier but Johnny has ruined entire scams because he's Johnny and he's just in his own world.

its sad that when Sup Forums sees formula regular show is always the first thought

Some times he fucks em over its because of Plank (who is also an asshole)

But Regular Show is an extremely formulaic plot. How many episodes have led directly too "X mundane thing opens a portal to another dimension with an 80's reference"

I would hang out with neither. I would merely attack them all and become their King. The Eds would pose an entertaining threat...but if I only use my parents' cash to buy them jawbreakers, then they are at my command. Especially Ed. He will be a most beautiful bride.

where does premise and formula become different?

The premise is the general idea of the show while formula is the actual execution.

The premise of Regular Show is two slacker who work at a park seemingly get into supernatural trouble for mundane things but how they get into trouble and what that trouble is, is the formula.

In the content.

A premise is painting in watercolor. A distinctive style that can be limiting, but you can do a million things with it.

A formula is painting samefaces no matter what medium you're working with.

I'm not trying to harp on Regular Show exclusively, but I can't imagine even its fans think its episode plot structure was one of its strong points. And mostly it's just a textbook example of formulaic.

The Eds, hands down. It helps that Eddy was similar to an actual childhood friend I had when I was in elementary school.

Also, does anyone have that "*inhales like in the old country* ED BOY" image? I can't find it anywhere.

This show always made me sneeze real tears.

>not Ed-dominance
you blew it.

Eds for sure. Rolf is pretty cool, too.

True but their are episodes where they are full honest with him like the Grass, Eggs, & Rabbits episode.

Neither, I'm off to the trailer park for a foursome.

The Eds, especially since Eddy would be easy enough to pushover. The other kids are usually too secluded to group with regularly, though it would be fun to learn some work ethic from the son of a shepard.

>not domin-ed-ce
Who blew it now?

>ywn hang out with Ed and watch his laserdisc collection of ultra-violent 80s OVAs.

best taste
>ywn be the kankers personal sex slave

Hanging out with Kevin, Rolf and Nazz would be amazing.

the only patrician choice

As a fangirl maybe but your mind is broken anyway

The kids are a bunch of assholes in any case. With the Eds it kinda depends on what season it is. It'd be grating to hang out with them for a long period of time, I think really they are the only ones who can put up with each other.
>Ed is a dumbass that means well but still keeps unintentionally destroying things around him, also he smells disgusting and will drive other people away from the two of you
>Double D is nice enough but will criticize everything you do if it doesn't conform to his standards of living and will outright refuse to do anything that could be conceived as subverting authority
>Eddy won't take no for an answer if you try to do something he doesn't want to and will constantly get you in trouble or fuck with you to laugh at your expense
They were a lot more bearable in season 1 before their personalities got exaggerated. It makes for better comedy, but I wouldn't want to be near them either.

>Tfw no Eds pals.

I'ts not fair bros.

>The son of a shepard

Why does that "title" actually sound pretty bad ass? Just imagine some fantastical world with some big buff warrior from another land come out with a crazy accent, "You dare challenge the Son of a Shepard?"

>"Did you hear? The Son of a Shepard killed the Prince!"
>"I can't believe the Son of a Shepard was there to stop the Demon Lord!"
>"If only the Son of a Shepherd were here to save us!"

it's the jock parallel to "I am royalty."
both descend from leaders amongst men, but the shepherd's association with honest farm labor gives it a more human feel than the former

Neighborhood kids of course. I'll let DD explain why

I choose Plank

probably hanging out with the Eds, easily comfortable with Ed and Double D, not really sure about Eddy.
concerning the other kids I could easily befriend Rolf and even Jonny, maybe Nazz too.
not interested on Jimmy (even if i could befriend him too) and absolutlely not on Sarah and Kevin.

Not re-ED-It

Definitely Rolf

I would hang out with the Eds, Rolf, and the Kankers

The Ed's, but I'd like to hang with Rolfe too. He's fun.

Eds. I'd never go near Sarah, Jimmy, Kevin, or Naz.

roll for naz puss

0 get

hmm,

Aww yiss

Oh well, roll.

Pls don't get Kevin

FUCK, I DON'T WANT SARAH EITHER

REROLL

BUT I SAID I DON'T WANT KEVIN FUUUUUUCK

Pls

I can live with it

Gimme a 0 so I can finally end his reign of terror.

kek

>No Kankers
You had one job OP

>7
This is going to be a long day

My man.

Im not named any variation of Ed so I would have to hang out with rest of the kids

Seeing as I'm literally Double D, I guess I'll say the Eds

At least you won't be a permavirgin

(rolled 5)
kill me

Give me that cumslut!

no those are tits, not zeros

>Dubs
You get no one.
Stay alone now.

00 is plank, but he rolled three times so he goes to jail (gaol)

i wonder...

Rolling for a 0 so that I can spend the day alone.

DD get

>Double D is nice enough but will criticize everything you do if it doesn't conform to his standards of living
If someone actually wanted to live to his standard, but doesn't know how, how would he react?

I got Nazz. I'm okay with this.

He would stick a shitton of yellow stickers all over your place to teach you how to live

I had a crush on Rolf back in the day so gonna have to pick right. I might still have a crush on him now.

Gay or girl? Just kidding, there are no girls on the internet, you fag.

Doesn't matter, that boomerang scene still does things to me.

rolly polly

>hanging out with other kids
>Not being a basement-dwelling shut in
haw haw faggot :^(

>getting Eddy on both rolls
fml

He always seemed willing to lecture Ed and Eddy on proper etiquette even as he realized they were actively not listening, so I think he'd be perfectly willing to draft a guide for someone willing to take his advice. Be prepared to not be allowed to enjoy anything but the most milquetoast shit imaginable for the rest of your life.

>Eds
>Ed has a 'all you sanity can take' buffet of sci-fi and horror movies
>Edd has a shitload of cool science projects and gadgets (plus riding down the laundry chute must be awesome)
>Eddy may be kind of a poser sometimes, but he does know a lot about good music and style (at least for the cartoon's time)

>The neighborhood kids
>Johnny is a weirdo
>sarah is a bratty, whiny piece of shit that ruins pretty much any scene she's in
>jimmy is sort-of okay, but can become a vengeful motherfucker if you push him too far, and he is with sarqah 99% of the time, so nah.
>Kevin. Unless you are a chad thundercock you won't fit in with him

In the end only rolf and nazz are okay to hang out with.

At least dealing with eddy is manageable. Sarah is a worthless cunt.

Rollan

you dun goofed

I'd love to see that in a game or something, honestly.

>"YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME? YOU ARE NAUGHT BUT A POOR COMMONER!"
>"I am more than a simple commoner, vile one! I am Rolf! THE SON OF A SHEPHERD!"

>hanging out with the neighborhood kids

Nigga, don't ask me stupid questions

No you aren't.

can't tell if its karma or just my shit luck

Duh, I'm a cool kid. Why would I ever want to hang out with some DORKS?!

rollan

Rolling for dubs!

>Double D

could be fun

rolling for Eddward

Why am I even rolling? I know I'll get stuck with one of the shitters.