How different would DC be today if they'd okayed Moore's Twilight of the Superheroes pitch?

How different would DC be today if they'd okayed Moore's Twilight of the Superheroes pitch?

Bankrupt.

Fuck DC for never giving us this

Not as different as if they'd greenlit Morrison's Hypertime crossover that eventually became parts of Multiversity, All Star Supes, 52, 7 Soldiers and Final Crisis. Twilight sounded great but it was ultimately just another Alt-Future elseworlds.

Not much, as it was out of continuity, but we wouldnt have had kingdom come.

Twilight sounded great

J'onn would be forever seen as a sick pervert.

>Sounded great
This is a comic where Billy Batson is murdered by Martian Manhunter disguised as a midget stripper. It would have been dreadful.

Fuck off, it sounded great, and there's nothing wrong with the stuff you described. I hate manchildren like you thinking everything must panders to you 7 years old self.
Batman and his team of pulp heroes was great too

I remember a few years ago Bleeding Cool saying that New 52 was going to have Twilight of the Superheroes as it’s canon future

t. manlet angry that he didn't get his midget waifu

it would've been the most epic story
Kingdom Come wouldn't of existed
Waid becomes significantly poorer
Robinson wouldn't of gotten popular, Johns never hired

Sounds like a great timeline

Hi Johns. How's Doomsday Cock going?

It would also be a timeline where Moore stayed with DC. He would've been given the task of reinvigorating Superman after Byrne left. Moore had Bizarro and Lois Lane pitches at DC, along with some sci fi characters like Tommy Tomorrow.
Moore would own Watchmen, and Johns would've had nobody but himself to blame.

Does Starman still exist in this timeline?

Ha, no

A story that hinged upon shitting on superheroes as much as possible all just to wank Constantine? No thanks.

Hard to say.

I don't believe DC would've allowed all of it to be approved; this was a pitch, wasn't it? A lot of things may change along the way.

That said, looking at the proposal for Watchmen back when it was a Charlton project, you could see that the general outline--a murder mystery where a superhero got killed at the start, and hints that Thunderbolt was going to do something terrible; these still made it into Watchmen.

But I think Moore wouldn't have been allowed to use Doc Savage and The Shadow, even though DC had the rights to them at the time, they probably would've known they can't maintain those rights forever since they were licensing them.

I think it would be a very divisive project to the readership. I think it would've gotten a lot of heated debate over the 80's and early 90's. Comics Bloggers/reviewers that take some patronizing moralism would probably be down on it just as they are with a lot of things.

Fucking worse.
>what if superheroes were actually all debauched tyrants and my super special OC brit killed them all

Reading cape comics and not having fun with stuff like that defeats the purpose of cape comics.

>what if superheroes were actually all debauched tyrants and my super special OC brit killed them all
Why does this sound familiar?

It's the English inferiority complex re:Yanks. Can hardly blame them :^)

At least Ennis used transparent expys instead of the real thing, though we all know that if DC would let him have his OC personally rape every single superhero that isn't Superman, he would write that book for free. Hell, he'd PAY for the privilege.

But Ennis is Irish?

They're all Brits, sooner or later.

Man this is some poor bait. This is embarrassing. I'm embarrassed.

Wasn't bait, mate.

I was speaking about myself.

fpbp

>Fuck DC for never giving us this
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Anons, DC would have died. They would be straight bankrupt and out of business by the end of the 90s. Bendis at his hack writer worst, with Land going full-on tracerbot on the art, would not have been as horrid as this sleazy trash.

Moore sounds so fucking hopeful in that pitch it's not even funny. The dude even included merchandising to the pitch.
I guess being fucked over by DC changed his view on corporations quite drastically.

DC has done before watchmen and 2 dark knight returns sequals so I wouldnt put it past digging up twilight sometime

Ennis is Irish you weirdo

Moore discussing toys and shit in his pitch is one of the reasons I'm happy Johns is doing Doomsday Clock.

>I'm happy Johns is doing Doomsday Clock.

Yeah, fuck you manchild.

You're an idiot if you think DC would publish a story that rapes and shits all over every single one of DC's most profitable properties.

At best, DC would of publishes it as an elseworld. It would've been pure lunacy to actually push a story like it in the main universe, especially after Crisis.

>What is The Dark Knight Strikes Again
>What is Distant Fires

Neither of those are pertinent to the discussion at hand. DKSA is Batwank and Distant Fires is Superwank. Maybe try using an example that doesn't make you look like a raging retard next time.

you realize you can have fun writing cape comics in ways that aren't coming up with increasingly contrived scenarios to kill characters, right?

Injustice. It’s making people hate Superman and Wonder Woman, and Supes can’t even raise his voice without a horde of retards saying it’s just like Injustice.

I would rather see DC make another JLA Created Equal story

Moore also wanted to reboot the Metal Men and The Challengers of the Unknown. His Supreme and Promethea ideas would've also probably gone to Supes and Wonder Woman.

>DC would have died. They would be straight bankrupt and out of business by the end of the 90s
You say that like it's a bad thing.

After Doomsday Clock they'll eventually get around to doing it. Mark my words. And Johns will write it of course.

Muh company wars

Not sure where you got idea. Fuck Marvel as well.

>it would've been the most epic story
It was the opposite of epic. It was a monstrous triumph of the mundane over the fantastic and its rejection was instrumental to Moore being less of a little bitch about Superheroes.

What I'm saying is, if it wasn't rejected, we never would have gotten Tom Strong.

kingdom come was shit so good.

Muh fake contrarianism

There ya go.

all the effects of Watchmen but worse because it would've been actual DC characters

unless you do crisis and still get the great late 80s dc comics?

S-sauce?
Is this from a comic?

They still rape and shit all over DC's peoperty, including the characters they are wanking.

>all the effects of Watchmen but worse because it would've been actual DC characters

>this faggot actually believes watchmen affected how capeshit was done

Stop being a retarded casual, Rebirth and Doomsday clock "hope and love and shit" is nothing more than a PR stunt, johns is poutright lying in the interviews, watchmen didnt affect capeshit, it affected vertigo and epic.

>They still rape and shit all over DC's peoperty
There was nothing bad about the bad future in twilight. Literally nothing negative, but i'm sure you are the kind of faggot that got mad at MoS

Why does Mary look like a 90's British Drag Queen?

She doesnt.

Because its by Alan Moore

Sounds better than Infinite crisis and Blackest night desu.

Don't be silly. That was 100% moore's fault.