First movie implies she has a mysterious past that will be revealed later and explain why she’s so adept at everything

>First movie implies she has a mysterious past that will be revealed later and explain why she’s so adept at everything
>Turns out she’s a Literal Fucking Who

This is some Bendis-level continuity ignoring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=groYO_51bwY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let me hijack this thread

ARC TROOPERS

DEPLOY!

It's not continuity ignoring thiugh. You're the one that jumped to that conclusion.

The art looks way better then the Star Wars books from Marvel lately.

It was mysterious. It just wasn't anything special or important.

>First movie implies she has a mysterious past that will be revealed later and explain why she’s so adept at everything

No it didn't, that was your headcanon. Look at the flashback from TFA. Her parents sold her to the crime boss. Why would anyone other than deadbeat drunkards do that to their child?

>Featuring Obi-Wan Kenobi

tropes were built up only so they could be subverted

When Finn asked her how she knew how to fly the Falcon she said “I don’t know I just did!”. When she touched Luke’s lightsaber it gave her intense flashbacks to previous events. She’s already adept with the Force and that confuses both Ren and Snoke enough for them to want to investigate her past.

The groundwork was clearly laid there and they fucking ignored it.

leftovers from previous iterations of the script where she actually was significant being a solo kid.

t. post-modernist

Rey said she's flown before, but not offworld.

Yeah yeah, and if it turned out she was a Skywalker everyone would still bitch. Heck, it isnt even out of the relm of possibilities thatshe and Ben are wrong, they were wrong about everything else in their future vision

>The groundwork was clearly laid there and they fucking ignored it.

Because Abrams ONLY did buildup, he did so much buildup they couldn't possibly deliver on it all. He passed the buck in an awkward way and even at double the length of a normal movie they physically could not have done more for it all.

TLJ is not a great film by it's own merits, but it didn't have good foundation to go off in that groundwork.

>Now the equivalent of Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Why is a non Disney comic book company releasing Disney property funny books? Shouldnt marvel be releasing them all?

This. This is what Abrahms always does. He never has an answer inside the mystery box. He's a fucking hack. I hate him and I hate that he's popular

>Star Wars fags buttblasted because none of their shitty fan theories on Rey and Snoke's origins panned out

>Now TLJ is the "worst star warz evah" because of that

It was literally shit for killing snoke and if you dont think so its because your a retarded disney fag wholl suck the cock of anything they make

Who gives a shit about Snoke, he went out almost exactly like Sidious and I dont remember hearing any bitching about that.

Disney outsources to IDW for All-Ages books. Hell, IDW is going to be doing the Big Hero Six comic even though that's a fucking Marvel property.

Get a new schtick, kiddo.

Yeah they thought it was going to be some big reveal or some shit but in the end he was just some guy. Just like how Rey's parents are some random assholes instead of being Darth Sidious grand daughter or whatever dumbfuck fan theory they came up with.

Because he was the only cool new character you colasial faggot. Now well never learn about him and have to deal with vader fanboy virgin instead. Fuck this movie
Fuck off

>Get a new schtick, kiddo.

You too, shill

Dark Sidious was meant to just be bad. They made a point to cast Snoke as a mysterious figure. And it should've been explained because the goddamn resistance won in the original series.

"Darth"
Fucking autocorrect

Storm trooper v. clone trooper apocalypses now style movie when?

More like we’re buttblasted because Johnson literally did fuckimgfucking nothing with Abrams’ ideas and thought he was clever for it.

>implying he wasn't clever

There is nothing clever about making a completely vanilla film because you’re so hellbent on subverting every theory on the Internet.

>”Oh Rey is going to turn to the Dark Side. JK she isn’t!”
>”Oh Leia is going to die. Jk she didn’t!”
>”Snoke is going to reveal his true nature! Jk he dies!”
>Oh Luke is going to die! Jk he isn’t! DOUBLE JK HE DOES!”

Fuck this movie.

>Sidious
Saved the movie he was heavily featured, had memorable lines and a incredible presence,
We knew nothing of the character going in and it was a fun ride.

Snoke was like "Mysterious dude" who barely did anything and then dies.

He was clever as a board. That fucking hack was too retarded to even write a good villain, so he killed him off like the bitch johnson is. Seriously fuck that man, if he winds up dead tomorrow i will be fucking elated.

Wait is idw doing the star wars comics now?

Disney lets them do comics. What I don't understand why they can't be part of the Marvel brand.

So are we gonna put it on some iconic covers.

They also outsource to joe books for the frozen comics.

only if we're shitposting about comic concepts or comic covers.

Both were bpand omnipotent bad guys that were built up only to die like bitches

TLJ is a terrible movie.

>they fucking ignored it.

And how you ignored the obvious answer of she literally does have no idea how she is competent, and how there is no explanation outside if natural talent. Granted, it's implied that the Force can be a sort of natural talent.

Because Disney hates most of the staff, more or less. They are going to clean house first, I think.

>Natural talent
>To fly a fucking spaceship and outmaneuver military pilots who spent years training

Out of the objective flaws in the movie, like how literally everything outside the Rey and Luke plot is entirely irrelevant, you choose what is essentially nitpicking.

You are mad that he subverted the theory by fulfilling the theory?

Setting aside the prequel shit, Luke's only experience flying is basically in light aircraft yet he's still able to pilot a star fighter keeping up with and fighting against trained military pilots. It'd be like getting into a F-35 when your only experience is farting around in an old Cessna 172.

i'd argue it is more like getting into a military truck after using a Doodlebug Tractor the way the old discontinued EU put it (near identical cockpit configurations and interfacting systems as well as being from the same Manufacturer.)

It is one of those things where the EU covered the ass of the OT.

Luke had R2D2 for most of his indie flying help. all he needed to do was navigate while R2 did most of the adjustments. Rey just hopped in a large freighter ship and flew it without help, she is a mary sue.

Both of them used the Force :^)

Luke was trained in it, Rey just instantly knew, she knew so well that she piloted a ship, beat a well trained sith student in mind games, and then beat him at combat too..

A squad of regular clone troopers could wreck a battalion of storm troopers

Cut it out user, you are making idiots think they are in good company.

Also the F-35 is shit, don't compare it to a classic like the X-Wing, even Commercial Planefus are better then it, she takes all your money and doesn't put out.

What about special forces?

>That part where red armor guy falls into a turbine and you see gibs fly out

Maybe it's the worst because good chunks of the movie are utterly irrelevant and could be removed without any consequence to the plot.

Maybe it's the worst because at least two past characters were essentially derailed and ruined.

Maybe it's the worst because it offers changes that are utterly out of line with established rules in the prior films.

Maybe it's the worst because of the wasted potential in Finn; who could have been a deeper soldier who felt anguish over his past life as opposed to being a literal minstral show le funny black sidekick.

Maybe it's the worst because of the most obvious attempt to market to kids with a cute cuddly animal character since the ewoks.

Maybe it's the worst because 90% of the scenes that should be dramatic are interrupted by a tone-deaf joke.

But no, let's focus on theoryfags.

Empire special forces is a joke Republic beats them all day.

Even the CIS has better special forces

still easily fixable. She didn't see anything for herself.

Everything about her past we've BEEN TOLD by Kylo/Snoke. People who have reason to lie to her.

So what you are saying is that that the Empire got the Special Forces that are the best at being Special?

>BULLSEYING WOMP RATS IN MY T-16 BACK HOME
>NOW THIS IS PODRACING

also

You rang?

Amuro had Autism though and read the enclosed instruction booklet.

He would have died countless times in early episodes if not for the fact that Gundam had armor flatly impenetrable to what enemies had at the moment and weapons that one-shotted enemy mechs. Only after dozens of battles he becomes an ace with superior skill.

Luke piloted competently but did nothing outstanding compared to other pilots, except aiming the torpedo with the Force. He may have died even before the trench run without others covering him.

>Who gives a shit about Snoke,

Then what was the point of his existence in the plot?

>he went out almost exactly like Sidious

But that's where you're wrong, retard.

(1)Sidious lost because his innermost belief in supremacy of evil and the Dark Side, on which he pontificated for a third of the film, left him blind to the possibility that Vader may turn on him. Snoke was killed by a cheap trick and staple villainous overconfidence and we still know nothing about his character.

(2)Even losing, Sidious managed to mortally wound his killer, Snoke just died like a bitch.

What, you actually wanted her to be a mary sue so people could complain harder?

Why would you need to do that for an energy weapon?

Are you trying to say that she's NOT a Mary Sue?

>lmao you thought TLJ would expand on characters and explain events in a cohesive narrative that sets up the next installment
>just kidding, it explains nothing and doesn't advance the "plot" at all, just meanders around for 2 and half hours
Wow such brilliant writing. Truly, Rian is a genius for "subverting" my expectations of TLJ having a plot.

He gets shit on constantly, only wins because he's piloting a literal superweapon that has vastly superior armor and weaponry making him nigh invulnerable for the early parts of the series. The Gundam being so powerful allowed him to survive long enough to get the experience he needed to develop into a great pilot. Thats not even going into his precog abilities, where LaLa was superior, she only lost because she was protecting Char. She could have killed Amuro in the last battle.

Luke made the run with a whole team of experience pilots backing him up and giving their lives so he could make the shot. Vader also almost shot him down, Han had to come save him. And even then, he would have missed had Ben not reminded him of the force. Rey instantly outpilots Han Solo on the fucking millenium falcon. Fuck off.

It's a dynamo you dingus!

TLJ is the worst Star Wars film so far because the story was shit and the writing was like something you’d read out of a first year film students trash bin.

The franchise is dead, deal with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=groYO_51bwY
Look at this. Not everybody can do this.

That's TFA. TLJ is even worse because it just continues that shit and leaves an even worse taste.

It's like MoS and BvS, only this time audiences are too addled by the Disney Kool-Aid to treat the future films like JL.

>>worst SW
>>Attack of the Clones exists
>>TLJ has 93% rating

Pretty sure you're butthurt

>reviewers
How about no user?

So Wonder Woman is good by that standard?
Pretty sure you like mouse cock

K. Natural talent plus latent Force powers. And Luke still had 0 experience when he outflew fucking Vader. (And you can say the Falcon saving him was the Force)

Snoke said it himself

When such a power of dark side rose, its equal came along too

It's considered good by a lot of people. I like it. If you don't that's your opinion. But don't say it's objectively bad when the most fair form of reviews says otherwise.

>Rey just instantly knew
There's such a thing as Force sensitivity, so perhaps while she may be untrained, she has a lot of latent talent. Do you think Anakin would've done jackshit with his potential if he hadn't been made aware of the Force? She realized something was up in Maz's place with Luke's saber, then again when Kylo tried to pry into her mind and the feed went both ways, and then she finally tried to apply it with mind tricking Craigtrooper.

>she knew so well that she piloted a ship
She mentions having piloted a ship beforehand and this was expanded upon in a short story. It didn't just happen.

I'll give you the "I know more about the Falcon in less than a day than Han and Chewie do after decades of owning the ship" bit though.

I, for one, enjoyed the movie once Snoke was gone

Kylo Ren's wangst is more enjoyable

Too bad it's just a cover

You gave them that because that's the only thing they can't even try to explain. If they somehow explain that she is a super genius that can understand a ship the instant she saw it, you would be all over that and try explaining to people that are too ignorant that they are wrong and she was never a mary sue.

>Art by Jon Sommariva
>signature says *REDD* 2017

Wangst is never enjoyable, especially when it's from retards.

There's a mystical force that lets people influence others, move objects and choke people. Pretty sure it could let you know a ship.

>critics
Meanwhile, normal people have given it a 56% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 5.1 (out of 10) on Metacritic.

The movie sucks, period.

Did the force also tell them about the Death Star weakness?

What? He was naturally a talented pilot, and all he had to do on bumfuck Tatooine was fly around shooting womprats. Not to mention he was buds with the Rebellion's ace pilot. He didn't outfly Vader at all, he needed his friend to save him. He was literally about to be blown to bits. The culmination of Han's character arc in ANH was not Luke using the force, he came back for him on his own. Rey outfly's Han Solo on the fucking Falcon the first time she pilots a real ship, dispatching several trained fighter pilots as well. She's a blatant mary sue, automatically the best at everything she does with ZERO training. Everyone loves her automatically, Leia fucking hugged her over Han's death instead of Chewy. Its all bullshit.

>Bending this far backwards to defend a Mary Sue
wew lad

Pretty sure it can let you fly, shoot kamehamehas and stop time.

And how much of that is because of their personal expectations? The people who understand film say it's a good movie based on its merit. Again if you don't like it, cool beans. I trust a consensus of experts over normie opinion.

>>I don't like new ideas

I trust experts too. But only when they aren't on Disney payroll.

She's powerful.

>>RT
>>Paid critics

>experts
LOL! What, praytell, makes any of the film critics whose opinions make up a RT score "experts" at movies? Do you think there's some sort of film criticism school they all go to, studying years on end so that one day their opinions will matter more than the average moviegoer? Because, I hate to burst your bubble, you're deluding yourself if you think so.

She's also a literal nobody, so for her to be naturally as powerful as someone who trained for years as a Jedi padawan and then as a Sith, there better damn well be a good reason that she's so powerful that she survives every fight she's in with hardly a scratch on her.

Spoiler alert: there isn't.

Well with the law of averages I'd assume those critics at least have a better understanding than the casual dbag on co. Since, ya know, that's what they do.

Force. Ain't gotta explain shit