What’s DC’s exclusive writer equivalent of Dan Slott?

What’s DC’s exclusive writer equivalent of Dan Slott?

Robert Venditti

DC keeps their staff disciplined enough that nobody has gotten that obnoxious.

But as for somebody who's deeply embedded in the company and will never leave, despite being forever mediocre? Dan Jurgens.

Calling Jurgens mediocre is a compliment.

I love this sheep mentality Sup Forums suddenly has over Jurgens.

Jurgens is their Slott.
Tynion is somehow worse than both but thankfully is contained in the Bat Quarantine.

>Suddenly
Child, I've hated him since Zero Hour.

Sure you did.

Scott Snyder.
They are even friends on twitter

What, do you want a photo of me burning it in the 90's? Fuck's sake, man. Nobody likes Zero Hour.

>do you want a photo of me burning it in the 90's?
Yes. Proof or poof.

Bendis

>mediocre
>mediocre

This is the wrong word.

He's technically proficient. He managed, for example, Bat Mite, except it wasn't FUNNY. And he had to force in Booster Gold (although that's no different than Giffin and DM forcing Boostle into JL3000/3001).

What they are is UNCREATIVE and UNIMAGINATIVE. I don't read Marvel but it sounds like Slott does far worse.

I guess I'd be nicer and say Jurgens lacks the talent to be on a top book, but since it doesn't seem to have hurt sales on Action, apparently, that's not a judgment call everyone else is prepared to make. I notice DC keeps moving him around on lesser books before Action.

No, I think uncreative, unimaginative and uninspired describe mediocrity perfectly.

But user, he worked for Marvel too! You should love him!
>I'm not a marlelfag
Yeah, right.

Slott goes out of his way to troll fans both in his books, and on social media. Jurgens at his worst gets fans mad, but it doesn’t happen with malicious intent. Slott is all about malicious intent.

Snyder is probably one of the nicest comic people on twitter so no

No one will agree with me but I'd say Ben Percy

Action does worse than Superman in spite of being the one tackling the hyped up Oz/Rebirth stuff. So Jurgens writing likely does hurt its numbers, although it's still generally doing well enough.

I loved his x-o manowar run

Fuck Jurgens. Action Comics have been total bland shit thanks to him. The only worthwhile moments are those two chapters with Lex and Superman bonding which was writen by Williams.
Why does DC hate Superman so fucking much?

Now do the Andy Lanning meme.

Dan Slott is. He even wrote himself in to his DC work

hahahaha no, that guy is really good, his stories are always fresh even if you can tell that he is a kind of old writter.

And he gace us BOOSTER GOLD, holy shit, fuck you!

This. BG makes him OK in anybody's book, except for the DC hater who started this thread.

>Action does worse than Superman in spite of being the one tackling the hyped up Oz/Rebirth stuff.

People expected Ozymandias instead of Jor-el, the story is good but the twist was not that impressive.

Maybe if DC really sticks with that version and somehow they do something else with the character even if he just died (I think)

Is Wolfman technically exclusive? I'd vote for him, because he's been mediocre for years, but keeps getting little bits of work (like two Raven mini's in the last two years)

>shitting himself over fanservice
Pathetic. Wait till he shits all over Booster.

Me too; and his creator-owned.

Slott has never written something great like NTT or CoIE.

The fuck is this
>lol opinions I don't like are MEMES fuck you marvelfaggotshaha!
bullshit?

Is a man not entitled to his opinions? Is it seriously that absurd to think Jurgens sucks? Hey, have some more WILD opinions:

I've yet to read a good book by Ron Marz.
Slott's ASM is the worst 5+ year run (on a major book, at least) I've read yet.
Ultimate Spider-Man was always bad.
Siegel was a better writer than Bill Finger in the 40's.
Whiz Comics was infinitely superior to Action Comics.
Jack Cole made Wally Wood look like a bitch.
Eisner's cartooning was more appealing than his realism.
Roy Thomas' Marvel work was balls compared to his DC work.
John Byrne is a hack.
Busiek's Marvel work is better than his DC work (sans Astro City for obvious reasons).

But of course, these aren't the opinions of a human being. They're "memes" since you don't like at least one of them.

>I've yet to read a good book by Ron Marz
>Slott's ASM is the worst 5+ year run (on a major book, at least) I've read yet.
>Ultimate Spider-Man was always bad.
>John Bryne is a Hack

Why would you post things that are completely right in a meme post?

>haha I said MEME again!
How about you fuck off, you shitposting cock?

First guy you quoted, no, I'm not a Marvel fan. I find the movies sufficiently entertaining enough, but possibly wouldn't if I knew what the comic book canons were.

We're parsing some words differently. Mediocre to me means not even passable. In N' Out is fast food that shows some imagination but it's mostly good ingredients that make it far better than passable. The fact that Wendy's or Carl Jr.s makes the burgers fresh instead of letting them sit make them better than passable but just barely better. That's how I see Jurgens. To me, mediocre is McDonald's - definitely unimaginative and uncreative, but also using poor ingredients and preparing them badly. I think Jurgens is technically proficient enough that he doesn't do it badly although we're probably splitting hairs and he's doing more harm than good so I don't agree that it describes the word perfectly, but I agree he should not be in a main book.

That all said, I still think that differs from what people blame Slott for around here.

>I'm not a Marvel fan
>I find the movies sufficiently entertaining enough
Another MCUnt passing as a comic book fan so as to better shit on DC. Oh well.

>fast food
And an Amerifatso, too!

Brian Michael Bendis.
Welcome to Hell.

I don't like Johns and think the Cereal Lord is one of the worse things going on with DC Films, DC live action on TV, and that the DC comic books are doing better than they should be, despite the amount of sway and say so he has over some aspects of certain things because Johns is doing so LITTLE of the ACTUAL writing post the Rebirth one shot.

And I STILL think, some ten years ago, that Johns did a far superior job writing Booster in his post 52 self-titled (v2) than Jurgens did. You could totally see/feel the falloff when Jurgens started writing it and he fell into old/bad habits and tropes. At least Johns fan fiction was amusing and entertaining.

>Slott is Marvel's Bendis now.

what a time to be alive.

I'll say this on every post that berates San Dlott.

Most of what he's done in the Spider-books is meh (excluding Spider-Island and Superior, which I thought were legit good). He's a very underwhelming spider-writer.

But he wrote Silver Surfer which was phenomenal, so he gets a pass.

>Ron Marz.

I don't really read anything by him. I did go out of my way to read the Convergence two parter he wrote even though I really know little about Parallax Hall and Kyle, because I had written two different stand-alone Marz stories he wrote in the past five years (one of which being the digital first AoS he wrote) that I thought were really well-done and imaginative/interesting.

>Siegel was a better writer than Bill Finger in the 40's.

I agree with you about this, especially because Siegel was really imaginative and creative. A lot of really out there ideas were his and he invented a lot of characters and ideas that had longevity besides Superman or the Spectre.

The rest of your stuff I've no clue about except that Jurgens should not be on main books. Since someone has to write things like Batman Beyond, I'm totally fine with that, as they aren't going to fire him no matter how many people post here today.

>Johns ruins everything in my life
You know, you should prove you even read DC. No one is stupid enough to read books one hates.

Nope. I figure you all are, so I used examples you all could follow along with.

Sufficiently entertaining enough isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. And I'm not shitting on DC, I do read comic books. DC comic books.

I just don't really want Jurgens writing any of the comic books I read, simple enough?

As to whether he's DC Slott, no clue, since all I know about Slott is that people here hate him.

Simple enough to understand?

>Jack Cole made Wally Wood look like a bitch.

What's Jack Cole? A cocktail or a defunct brand of whisket?

>I do read comic books. DC comic books.
Yes, to shit on them and praise Marlel.
>all I know about Slott is that people here hate him
Bad people. Read his Spider-Man, it's a masterwork it's Marvel after all!
>I figure you all are
Let me guess: you're muscular, happily married, and with a good job.

The creator of Plastic Man. But fedoraman thinks that males him better than based Wally Wood.

You're giving Johns too much credit user. I thought iZombie was entertaining enough but haven't made the time to watch much of it since the first short season since I'm not a fan of police procedurals and I have no idea how or how not Johns as COO has anything to do with making it good, adequate, inadequate or fabulous. It's not something that ruins or enhances my life either way. I do know enough to know that he's not trying to write or re-write Vertigo to make iZombie his own (e.g. making a central theme of a live action Flash show all about Barry's formation as a hero in an unimaginative reguritated imitation of Bruce/Peter and a dead relative). But it doesn't enhance or ruin my life. I don't watch it any more. But I do wish it was something I would want to watch as there were parts I found entertaining and enjoyable, when it wasn't all fixated on certain aspects (such as again, My Mommy Was Killed).

If I was reading books I hated, I would have read Johns Green Lantern.

I haven't.

I stopped reading Justice League (which I should have done after the Origins trade) in the middle of the second trade because it wasn't good and was actually getting worse the more I read. I skimmed around Forever Evil just enough to know it still wasn't something I wanted to read and don't really know what happened in all those tie ins. I haven't read Darkseid War. I didn't know all that crap about Lex when I started reading Action again post Rebirth.

Good enough for you, user? Or do I need to show you my secret decoder ring?

>It's not something that ruins or enhances my life
And yet Jurgens ruined your life.
>If I was reading books I hated, I would have read Johns Green Lantern.
So you hate something you don't even read. Marlel should give you a raise.

>you're muscular, happily married, and with a good job

Yes - it's called getting out like I'm about to, to go hiking after a bike ride. Single, but happily single (meaning I get laid), and very early retirement. But I did like my job and I'm bored so I might go back to work even though I don't have to.

I don't read Marvel so I can't praise what I don't read.

I tried reading some Spider-Man minis, figuring they should be self-contained (SM and the X-Men and Spider-Man and the FF, if you must know) and I felt more confused and not particularly impressed enough to start with something new, so I gave it up. So sorry, no can do on reading that masterwork, you'll have to do it for me.

>Yes - it's called getting out like I'm about to, to go hiking after a bike ride. Single, but happily single (meaning I get laid), and very early retirement. But I did like my job and I'm bored so I might go back to work even though I don't have to.
Proof or poof.
>getting out like I'm about to
Why? Have you been spotted as the marlelfag you are and have to run away?

Snyder.

He refuses to give up batman and keeps saying his run is the important run of all time

>Suddenly
He's the standard for mediocreness since forever. Stop defending him, you rebirth loving redditor.

>keeps saying his run is the important run of all time
Sauce?

Back already?

Yes. What you gonna do about it faggot

Watching you meltdown again.

Mad that you can't downvote on this site?

You should read marvel adventures spiderman, it's short and separated from continuity and it ended while it was great.

>John Byrne is a hack.
Whoa there, tone it down a bit buddy.

Good lord, this.

Don't be mean to Jurgens, he's not a great writer or anything, but he's good enough. I think he's earned a pass.

this

Much like Slott he ran a book into the ground, has made several unpopular decisions, and he WON'T FUCKING LEAVE

>CTRL + F
>Didio
>Nothing

>he doesn't like based dan