Cupcakery of Doom

That pilot whose announcement everyone was bemoaning as the death of television animation a couple years back is finally out
drive.google.com/file/d/111q0knr1s5dlFt0_bcawp3yRrTGWHUa6/view?usp=sharing
I can only pray that the Summer Camp Island designs improve this much

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1lPACA6u5HVyhlHROp0Nlz7Z-PtNs7WNG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Original pitch designs for reference

I can't tell if it looking a million times better then that abomination romance show with the ferret and elephant is a pleasant surprise or a disappointment.

Whole reason for the Nick Shorts Comic Con Special Pitch session was to promote this.

Didn't even run it last year.

It took me until the end of the short to realize that Patches is Gizz from WBB/Chad from Clarence, different voice for him

Also, was this strictly necessary?

Are they hoping to turn this into a full show? How the hell are they going to get that much out of this concept? Just the 3 minutes already felt forced.

Highly unlikely any of these shorts are meant to go to full series.

Some of them do have potential, and if they went sufficiently viral I'm sure they'd consider it.
Limiting them to official release on Facebook only (which a lot of their demographic does not use) is seriously hurting their chances of that though

Always

the guy was a local who did some newspaper comic and had an in with Nick.

I think they figured out afterwards that they really didn't have much to run with other than the one note.

what?

The one I was thinking had potential (and got the most views on FB) is Lazybones, which is a huge improvement over one of the creators' earlier CN pilot Jammers

There are two separate one frame pantyshots and she also gets restrained to a chair and covered in white stuff, within the span of a three minute short

Never seen this. Style inspired by Moomins?

>over one of the creators'
plus the co-creator of Lazybones that didn't create Jammers was still involved in Jammers

it's just a little girl, dude

After their world got nuked, maybe.
drive.google.com/open?id=1lPACA6u5HVyhlHROp0Nlz7Z-PtNs7WNG

didn’t Happy Tree Friends become a show on tv though?

G4TV is lost in time
like tears in rain

Yuck, it looks like an Invader Zim fangirl from middle school made this.

R34 when?

Okay, I just watched that, and I didn't understand anything. What I got from the aesthetic is that, on paper, the premise of this show seemed clever enough (cupcakes!! and er... evil!!) to have it be animated.

Yeah there was a pretty big jump in the timeline that was jarring

I guess now that it's just mediocre rather than egregiously terrible no one cares, the thread about the announcement way back when got WAY more replies

*holds up spork

It's true... they already had this schlock picked out before hand. The rest of us just wasted our time....

any hints as to which one you toiled away fruitlessly on?

It's just an embarrassment, and looks like public sour grapes (because it totally is), which is career suicide (or so we all get told), because with the massively high levels of incestuousness in this industry, we will very likely at some point need to work with (or for) whoever we badmouth, so everyone just keeps their mouths shut.

But in truth, there is a TON of hate and jealousy in this industry. Lots of it is aimed at the nepotism and cronyism, which is kind of deserved, and than some is aimed by those in charge at those they see as an upcoming threat. Soooo.... kinda like all business.

As an outsider I find this all fascinating.
I wonder how much money Nick threw away on this shorts program.
If it means anything I'm going to archive all of them so far and post a big pack for forever preservation on MySpleen after the new year

I swear I cant understand them. That has a few hundred other pitches, at least a dozen of which we better than anything that got finished, and actually had series potential.

My feeling is they do these as a publicity stunt, a write off, and also to look for new bottom-pay-tier blood to offer jobs to on their other stuff.

Nick needs Frank Seibert back, desu, or somebody like him. That guy knew how to rake through shorts and find the gold, both What A Cartoon! and Oh Yeah! Cartoons spawned a bunch of hit shows (not a single unsuccessful one among the ones that he chose to go to series with). Nick's STILL probably feeling the sting of egg on their faces from turning down his little pet project called "Adventure Time"

The problem more than anything seems to be executives that don't understand what the audience wants. All they know how to do is copy their accidental successes because they have no intuition to have new ones on their own.

Some cool shit Man, the potencial for a good show its amazing with that short.

You mean Fred Seibert?

Yeeeah... I got my own feelings on that. Back in 2006 I made it to the 3rd pitch round in Oh Yeah! and it was Adventure Time I lost to. It is like one of those big "what if" moments for me that has never left the back of my mind.

And than Nick passed on AT.... sheesh.

And from that one Disney hit they had on the table in the mid 90s Phineas and Ferb.

Somebody's got to get to the top who actually likes cartoons. Maybe now that the stigma towards watching has lessened it's possible there will be a wider swathe of businesspeople to chose from who will truly have real passion and understanding of their work.
Ever thought of getting into production or development user?

IDK. I have thought so many time about how to get something off the ground.

But capitol is always the end of it all. Those with money get yo make the shows, and most of those people are not the most qualified.

The best I could come up with is, if I could somehow afford a house that was big enough, make it into an incubator. Like let a bunch of artists live there and work on projects together.

But like most incubators, for every success you have 100 that just collapse based on conflicting personalities. So I don't know....

Also, since I would only get 1 shot at it, I would end up having to be a dick, and only taking the top 1% or 1% of people I find---ASSUMING ANYONE WITH TALENT EVEN APPLIES.

The thing I co

>The thing I co

And then disgruntled Nick Shorts user was kidnapped by executives, never to be heard from again

Kinda. And than wind in California killed some transmitter somewhere and I had a brownout that reset everything.... and somehow made that message post, which boggles my mind. Maybe because I was already verified or something.

Maybe it's a feature built in from the days when actual political hacktivism would go down on Sup Forums

Amazing how you can get a show with zero artistic talent and they’ll hire someone else to make you look good

Brianne Drouhard was a storyboard artist on this. Huh.

It's called being someone's friend or relative.

It's th blood of this nepotistic industry.

>Nick show
>doesn't have Animation Butcher Hartman attached
Might be good

That’s a low bar you’re setting friend

It's not like Disney and CN can offer anything better at the moment.

I like the lighting.

I really hate fanart where they draw a character in a wacky or weird predicament and exaggerate their reactions with bug eyes and tiny pupils

how is that bad?