If Terry had to battle Bruce's enemies in their prime, could he win?

If Terry had to battle Bruce's enemies in their prime, could he win?
>still has Batsuit, and all its abilities
>doesn't have wayne coaching him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8rQmyq1Mgc293
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Terry had to fight metahumans on a regular basis
Bruce just fought crazy people and a fat fuck

Yes since he's not afraid to kill a nigga when he has to, having no Bruce in his ear would actually be an advantage since then he'd have no one telling him to spare them and he'd end up doing better than he did.

Batman only has like two or three enemies who are a threat outside of Batman's refusal to kill people rule. Terry would be fine.

how much training does he have?

The same amount he had when he fought Joker

Even though BB had a lot of bad endings for the antagonists, they never really explored the moral dimension for Terry. I don't recall a single instance of Bruce ever ordering Terry back to the cave and slapping him down because someone died. So either he has no qualms about doing what's necessary or Bruce simply didn't care since it wasn't him in the field anymore.

he would win against everyone, but bane, mr. freeze, and ra's al ghul.

Shit, he'd clean the streets of Gotham in a month

>>doesn't have wayne coaching him

It's fucked.
It's now about winning a pushing contest, it's about finding out where the fucking bombs are. Terry has a gifted body, but his mind isnt.

How can anyone be this casual? Batman has never been about punshing retards.

He could probably handle most of them without coaching. More if Bruce is their giving tidbits.

A few would really fuck him though. Scarecrow probably being the biggest. Terry never had quite the iron willpower Bruce did to power through induced fear.

>bane
I think Terry would have the easiest time with Bane
>Ra's
Now that would interesting to see

Ra's would fuck him up big time. Terry was basically barely above street punk level fighting.

Ra's was able to handle a fully trained Bruce in his prime.

Not against Ra's
Unless i'm missing something in the comics, He could get fucked also by scarecrow
Bane would be really difficult unless he's clever and someone hit Bane with the idiot stick

i think bane could outsmart terry. dcau bane vs. batman(bruce) fights are predictable b/c it usually ends w/ bane's venom tube being severed. terry had trouble the slapper drug boss and that guy lacked bane's intellect. it could go either way.

Reminder Terry mentions he has read up about all of Bruce Waynes foes, he mentions it at the end of season 3

>Scarecrow

You know, given three of Bruce's major enemies used gasses and inhalants as a weapon (Joker, Scarecrow, Ivy) why does Bruce seem to refuse to every wear a fucking gasmask or rebreather?

Why wouldn't he have installed that into Terry's suit?

Why does this one old man enjoy getting his rocks off on snorting gasses so damn much?

gonna go with while I agree Terry might roll through more than a few with his lack of no-kill, tech superiority, and better psychological warfare skill, we don't see a lot of his willpower and investigative skills.

Didn't Terry face Ra's? Admittedly with a younger Bruce's help but if Terry has all the experience he's had by the end of Return of the Joker, he also has the advantage on being familiar with some of these enemies.

>Freeze completely fucks Terry over because he knows what will happen to the dude and keeps trying to talk him down
>"Believe me, Batman, you're the only who cares. Then and now."

>Didn't Terry face Ra's?
Ra's was in the body of Talia but never fought Terry directly.

How many of those deaths was Terry responsible for? Or he could have reasonably stopped?

>implying Bruce's enemies are particularity powerful
What a joke. Poison Ivy and Killer Croc are the only ones that would take any more effort than using a taser.

>particularity powerful
It's not all about being the strongest. They could out think Terry easily

He directly merced the Fantastic Four rip-offs and I remember him crushing some goons with some giant industrial rollers once.

Not really. Most of their gimmicks only work if Terry plays their game. He's way too clever for that.

>You know, given three of Bruce's major enemies used gasses and inhalants as a weapon (Joker, Scarecrow, Ivy) why does Bruce seem to refuse to every wear a fucking gasmask or rebreather?

Probably because re-breaters/facemasks are really bulky and heavy. They also make it technically harder to take in air. That could backfire if Bruce wore one all the time. Especially since he is so physically active as Batman.

killing all the bad guys would probably make terry an enemy of the gotham police

it would also lead to more psychological villains, as terry's mind is his weakest asset

and without being a billionaire playboy, he wouldnt have bruce's money to help with repairs or new gadgets either

one well-planned attack by scarecrow, clock king, or mad hatter could take him out

Terry is the very antithesis of clever
Terry was very street smart but he was never very intelligent

How would Jim Gordon react to Terry?

So I know what happened, to Bane, Joker and Mr Freeze, but what happened to the rest of Batmans rogue gallery? Did they retire? Die?

Never addressed, the crew of BB didn't want to focus to much on Bruce and older rogues. They felt it would be boring, and take away from the new

Okay, but how deep into this are we looking? Remember that in at least a few cases, Batman's enemies become major trouble down the line both physically and mentally because of escalation and obsession with their newfound life as criminals. So are we looking at them fighting Terry with their power levels at the heights that they reached after years of encounters with Bruce? Or are we to look at this as Terry encountering the old villains in identical scenarios to Bruce, but dealing with them in his way? Because I guarantee that most of them wouldn't reach the threat levels they eventually come to had it been the latter.

Under OP's question, it's a matter of them in their prime. That means that a sizable portion of the rogues gallery have henchmen or operations of some sort, and it also means that they've honed their lifestyles and responses to conflict around the actions of Batman. So in a way, they themselves have added a layer of flaws to their approaches, because they've built themselves up with the idea that they won't have to face their own mortality when the big showdown comes. Part of Batman's planning and strategy also ultimately goes into how he'll save defeated villains from their own folly, so they've been operating with a safety net. That doesn't fully apply with Terry, who is known to just watch people fuck off and die.

I would say that by the time Terry makes the rounds and encounters Bruce's enemies, half would be dead. Especially those that deal with the supernatural, the scientific, or drugs/gasses/poisons. The physical brawlers wouldn't be in as much danger of dying. Of the major players, Ra's would still live and could likely beat Terry, Joker would still live (since he is borderline toon force at times), and the likes of Penguin, Two-Face, and Croc would still live.

I like to imagine that Two-Face developed so many personalities that he couldn't function anymore, the Penguin just retired, Poison Ivy weakened over time and the rest just gave up when they got too old.

He can't just keep a small rebreather device on hand so the moment he hears "Jumping Jack Flash and his Gas is loose" he can slip it out of his utility belt?

Or, heck, with all the other bullshit he's built, just have a mask hook up that feeds him oxygen and such. Probably better for him than breathing Gotham's air.

Then when some smart ass villain breaks the device, just have a quick release.

Is it really that much worse than needing to hold his breath all the damn fucking time when fighting three villains that he faces nearly fifty percent of the time total?

Terry would not give a fuck about their schticks it'd be just like with the Joker. Only Riddler could pose a problem in terms of his intellect and planning on that front.

>Always gets very good marks despite not trying
>Always ends up outsmarting his enemies
Yea, no. Terry's a Batman through and through

But could Terry take down Superman, Batman returns style?

Current Batman is still in development, so some characters could die or become reformed or whatever.
You could say it's apart of the TAS timeline so its own canon but they still had comics for it and a decade later they have revisited the universe in animation.

Depends, would Terry rape the Joker?

To be fair, slapper drug boss had no real weakness to exploit right off the bat, unlike Bane.

that's true. i guess dcau bane is just a jobber.

Terry would just pump so much venom into Bane he would destroy him. He tends to do that with drug based enemies

He already beat Superman

Terry was all about the rape.

Clayface would put up a decent fight. Mad Hatter too if got the opportunity to look at Terry's tech

MAN OF MURDER

>You make me hard, but only cause I think you are kinda pathetic
He already did.

Didn't he kill a karate master Joker?

Based Terry.

I somehow suspect he could get along quite well with Jason in his not-totally-murderous phase (his not-PreN52-Morrison portrayal, basically), same way as how Tim is allowing himself to work quite comfortably with Jason with each time he gets more and more screwed inside.

Terry is nice, but he's not Dick, and he's not a total moralfag like Bruce, Barbara or Damian.

Remember that one episode where the Batsuit is damaged and it ends with Bruce repairing it? I was always disappointed they didn't do one episode with Terry in the original batsuit and shows that he's more than just a guy piloting an advanced suit.

I always wanted to think that after "Judgement Day", Two-Face just reverted to being Harvey. His evil personality was found "guilty" by The Judge and offed itself or something.

Or the poor dude just went catatonic.

Discounting the ones that are just normal guys:
>Bane
Wins
>Catwoman
Wins
>Clayface
Loses (see every Inque fight)
>Joker
Just shoots him in the face
>Killer Croc
Wins
>Mr Freeze
Has canon win
>Poison Ivy
Wears a respirator and wins
>Riddler
Loses because Terry isn't all that smart
>Scarecrow
If the gas hits he probably loses

Iirc there was one episode where the suit went haywire and regular Terry had to take it down

I think he'd just slap a tracer on Riddler and beat him up. Riddler never goes after him again because he's indisputably smarter than Terry and he doesn't want to get beaten up by a jock again.

You forgot about Grandma Harley

As a kid ooo he pinned them, now as a factory worker ALL GOD YOU KILLED THEM WHY!?

youtube.com/watch?v=E8rQmyq1Mgc293

Terry would have the easiest time with Riddler.
>solve the first riddle
>find the clue to the second
>go on national television and read it out loud
>"yeah, the answer is the national bank. These riddles suck. I'm not even gonna bother with this shit anymore."
>solve the rest of the puzzles anyway, but leak the answers to the police force so it looks like they're the ones solving them without any effort
>Riddler ragequits
>Terry tracks him down and beats him up in his sleep

He beat Joker when the Joker was arguably the most dangerous he ever was.

Damn this show had balls.

He had the brains, he just lacked experience.

I think this would make a good series in and of itself.

An overpowered asshole of a superhero with no regard for the villains’ or society’s well-being, just sort of bullying them rather than trying to save the day, and occasionally going out of his way to insult or publicly humiliate them out of a scheme rather than get his hands dirty. Eventually he starts pestering their alter-egos even when they show signs of remorse and attempt to turn over a new leaf, just because he can.

Hell, make the villains the protagonists, with the first arc of episodes told in retrospect as recollections from an ad hoc support group, with mounting evidence over subsequent episodes that the alpha-chad hero is a legitimate threat to the public despite rose-tinted portrayal by the media and police reports, until eventually the villains reform just to usurp their professional bully and adopt new roles as anti-heroes. (Basically Megamind, but the original hero is a remorseless psychopath and with multiple villains who consider reforming—some who go full hero, some who retire, and some who stay villains but follow their own self-imposed code of conduct after one-too-many superwedgies.)

Why did Terry defeat every drug related villian by making them overdose?

BAT OF MURDER

Evil Con Carne?

not hard to beat the Joker when his entire gameplan it to see how far he can push you

I really like the concept of the DC universe in a cyberpunk future. I wish DC could explore it more like Marvel did with the 2099 series.
What would a Question Beyond looks like? Hell what would Hub City look like in this future?

>what would Hub City look like in this future?
Probably a fucking crater

he beat starro-controlled superman, that doesn't count

I'm thinking Bruce was just ultra jaded by that point and couldn't give a fuck anymore

Gotta put in those after school specials

Not Terry's fault. There's not way that those pillars were OSHA compliant

Clayface could take him, if he was serious about it. Same with probably Deathstroke/Deadshot if they had the drop on him.

Yes. He is basically Iron Man with a cloaking device. All he needs to do is spy on them and whomp their asses while they are unaware.

If this is latter day Terry, he'd take down Bane fairly easily since he knows how to deal with venom users. Ra's would be an information war. Terry's suit gives him advantages in infiltration and raw power but a prepped Ra's has numbers and traps that Terry isn't that great at handling on his own. One on one, Terry would stomp the aging motherfucker. Mr. Freeze would be a straight forward shootout. The suit is fairly protected from the cold so Terry would likely come out on top due to the weapons, cloak, flight and enhanced strength.

Old Bruce is actually secretly Old Damian which is why he doesn't care

The comics recently had Terry take on an al Ghul, though it was completely fucking retarded

ive gathered from this thread that theyre still making batman beyond comics
is this correct?

What? Some of Batman's rogues were metahuman, though. Mr. Freeze, Clayface, and Killer Croc, to be specific. In fact... iirc Terry had problems with Mr. Freeze even.

>solve the first riddle
lol no
Terry is a better fighter but not a better thinker.

Pretty sure his plans involved blowing up Wayne Manor or something.

>Basically Megamind, but the original hero is a remorseless psychopath

But at that point that isn't even a hero. Hell, even calling that an anti-hero would be generous.

That poor, schway, car...

Nigger what? Bane scrapped the Batmobile with his bare hands.

yeah but they take place in the Future's End world

it's as stupid as it sounds

I think they retconned almost all of the stupid shit from that and it's just a Batman Beyond comic in a Rebirth timeline instead of a DCAU timeline

fiction is callously cruel to men just doing their jobs.

Mr Freeze got a power suit when he fought Terry

spoiler alert
Terry is Bruce's clone!!!

>riddler
Would Riddler even care enough to go after Terry? He'd realize this Batman isn't exactly a genius and get bored and do something else, maybe fuck with The Question for awhile.

He thought it'd be funny

Sure but wouldn't the suit protect him against fear gas?

he DID tap that ass. why are so many "fans" so fucking blind to the canon comics?

Terry outclasses Bruce (and subsequently his enemies) by a lot. What I want to know is how well would Terry hold his own against Spider-Man's enemies?

Goblin (Green or Hob) would be a close as shit match. They have basically the same abilities. Terry gets a slight edge in being less likely to accidentally kill himself in his hubris.

Venom/ Carnage would be a fucking beat down. Terry doesn't do well against things he can't just out-punch. Both symbiotes outclass him in raw strength and durability to hilarious degrees. Without Bruce's help, I can't see Terry living long enough to find the fire or sonic weaknesses. If by some stroke of luck, Terry did get the upper hand, there's no way he doesn't kill them.

Vulture/Doc Oc, or any other brainy tech villain gets pummeled the moment Terry can instigate a fist fight. The same should be true for Spidey, since he's effectively fighting way below his weight class with these guys. Terry probably won't hold back, and might kill them or let them be killed.

Black Cat gets the dick. Ten liked Terry but it took her a long time to get anywhere close to overt admissions, or take an initiative. He's never dealt with someone like Felicia, and she'd have him wrapped around her finger in a heartbeat. She could rob Bruce Wayne blind and Terry would still be on her side. The only thing stopping her would be the writers and their hard on for worst girl. If by contrived reasons, they do get into a fight, it'd depend entirely on Felicia's current power level. If she's at "match for Spidey" levels, Terry is fucked. If she's just a really fit human, Terry wins.

Mysterio has to compensate for Terry's gadgets. If the visor can see through the illusions, fishbowl head gets sent to the ER/ Morgue depending on how far he pushes his luck.

Craven would be a fun match. Terry isn't good at handling traps, so Craven would get him at a severe disadvantage. Then again, Craven might want to finish things mano a mano, and Terry would probably win the fistfight.

>Damian
What? Damian would be pissed off how long it takes Terry to kill a villain.

I've read wikipedia pages stating that their endings were clarified by Paul Dini elsewhere (like in magazines or interviews). I have no actual way to verify this since the sources don't have links attached so feel free to doubt them

>The Penguin ended up retiring from the nightclubs industry (presumably closing the Iceberg Lounge) and opened a day care center, where the kids call him 'Uncle Pengy'
>Two-Face was cured and returned to his career in politics, moving to Los Angeles and working as a lawyer for an major motion picture studio, doing very well that job.
>Poison Ivy moved to South America and took over the rain forest, being now part of the forest itself (presumably after she left that clone running around)
>The Mad Hatter and The Riddler reformed and started running a men's clothing store.
>Killer Croc was stuffed and mounted on exhibition in the reptile wing of the American Museum of Natural History
I feel like some of these might be just Paul Dini joking around but that's some closure at least.
I think these scenarios actually fit the DCAU.

As for the others
>Man-Bat was cured permanently apparently
>Clayface became a statue of the Grey Ghost in front of a movie theater, possibly permanently

>The Penguin ended up retiring from the nightclubs industry (presumably closing the Iceberg Lounge) and opened a day care center, where the kids call him 'Uncle Pengy'
oh my god, that's adorable

Yeah I really like this scenario. Especially considering that Batman Returns's Penguin infamously attempted genocide against children, I like that the much more sociable and far less monstrous DCAU version eventually settled in a day care of all places.
It even mirrors the story of his voice actor nicely since Paul Williams dealt with temper issues and substance abuse throughout the 70s-80s and nowadays he's a huge advocate for addiction recovery and president of ASCAP.

I like that plenty of these are somewhat happy endings like Two-Face finally recovering for good or Riddler and Mad Hatter genuinely reforming.

>nearly everyone gets reformed and go on to better lives
>Killer Croc just gets stuffed and turned into a museum exhibition

Didn't Batman Beyond already have Terry fight a Craven-esque woman or two? Genetically enhanced?