ITT: Cartoons you personally were too old for when they came out, but still watched it...

ITT: Cartoons you personally were too old for when they came out, but still watched it. I watched pic related for the retro, yet also futuristic feel of the show and because I unironically enjoyed it

Only rule, no shows you only watched with younger siblings/kids you had to babysit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rckZdgA6Z58
youtube.com/watch?v=JF2fXtAHCmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The art style of that show was amazing.

Too old when this started playing but I found myself sitting down and watching it with my younger brother who was part of the target demographic. Aside one of two episodes we agreed that Max's sister was a bitch.

Dumbest show ever but loved it anyway.

Bear in the big blue house
Shit was hypnotic

>RPO

That and PB&J Otter and Out of the Box.

absolutely this. idk what was so captivating about that show but damn if i didn't love it.

glad i wasnt the only one.
That shit was like a pleasant fever dream.

Thanks to you OP, it occurred to me that 'I haven't watched Strawberry Shortcake in a while...'.
youtube.com/watch?v=rckZdgA6Z58
I watched it whenever it came on. In particular, when nothing was on TV, I could at least switch to this, because this was always on. My 'default' show, if you will (along with Timothy Goes To School).

Everything post my 13th birthday

I watched Angelina Ballerina and Oswald. That stuff never gets old, despite being out of my age range

The animation and the character designs are really nice in this show, and its surprisingly pretty funny

Loved me some George Shrinks. Also really liked the artstyle, had kind of a pho-50's vibe to it

I watched this with my younger sister but I unironically enjoyed it. It was weirdly comfy.

Holy shit, I remember this. Wonder how many weird fetishes spawned from it.

>pho

>barneyfags

This was actually done by Jim Jinkins of Doug fame, yet I actually enjoyed it more than Doug. It was a charming show honestly

Honestly, I found it legit funny. It felt like actual thought went into the humor instead of just going "Eh, little kids will laugh at anything."

Comfy af

youtube.com/watch?v=JF2fXtAHCmQ

This and Martha Speaks. Really charming shows.

MY NIGGA

I actually wasn't too old for this when it came out, but I still loved it a lot as a kid

I assume this was a British show -- based on which side the "driver" is on.

I remember those Jelly Jam threads we used to have. It was a surprisingly charming show

DONT JUDGE ME!
but seriously I just think the way it teaches culture/music to children was pretty smart
shit was kino

Tutter and Shadow were the best parts of the show

Blue's Clues.

Whenever JJBA was brought up before I knew what it actually was, I always thought people were talking about this. True tale.

>these two
>Arthur
>Sagwa
>Clifford the Big Red Dog
>Dragon Tales
>Adventures from the Book of Virtues
>Curious George
PBS had a lot of quality shows for little kids.

I thought he was making a pun about that story of the boy the size of a grain of rice and the fact they look asian with the tiny eyes

Guilty as charged

Ruby wasnt a bitch she just had to constantly take care of her fucking retarded shitstain of a brother max

>T. Ruby
Max was like 5. Ruby could have let him be a kid instead of going control freak on him.

The Rubba dubbers and Bob the builder. I'll never get tired of reading the synopsis for rubba dubbers

>Out of the Box.
I can't remember anything on that show!

I started watching Peppa Pig, Ben & Holly, and Arthur when I was babysitting my siblings, but I watch those three now to lull me to sleep. They're entertaining but don't really require much brain power, and I really need something playing to make me sleepy.

To be fair, Peppa Pig has a cheeky humor that I often find funny; there are jokes that make me laugh out loud when I watch it with my siblings but they don't get it.

I was envious at how nice their backyard looked like. I was already old when I first saw this show and it just made me wish I had the same backyard when I was a kid.

Max always fucked things up though.

There should be a balance between letting kids be kids and actually telling them 'no' when they're fucking things up.

Nah, Max was a retard.

I remember book of virtues being for slightly older kids compared to the other shows on pbs, at least before pbs kids go

I always tried to watch Pocoyo after College.
The narrator and the whole aesthetics of the show were so fun. I really need to marathon it again.

I was 15 when Charlie & Lola started airing but I almost always watched it before school.
Honestly, it seemed to calm my anxiety enough to get me out the door every morning.

I liked it because I had an older sister but here the brother was older.

I always thought this show had the same composer as Ed, Edd, & Eddy. The music sounds similar.

I remember seeing his show live in Disneyworld when I was 10, shit was awesome.
Just an all around comfy series.

You're a diamond dozen user

I started watching this and Octonaughts over my little brother's shoulder and enjoyed the episodes. Really surprised how solid the characters are even if they're all 2d as fuck.

I binged the classic series after college for nostalgia and decided to check out some of the newer episodes. Seasons 17-20 were unironically good. I found myself laughing at a lot of the jokes.

So you're a mental adolescent?

It's kinda like Mouse Works light.

Too bad Mattel's gonna run it into the ground.

Pocoyo and JoJo's Circus sucked me in to the point where my parents walked in on me watching Pocoyo and I didn't realize until they had left the room.

YES.

George Shrinks is my jam.

>Clifford
yep, a show watched out of desperation when you have no cable channels.
>Sagwa
just... gold.

Me and my sister watched this when we were about the same age too. CBeebies seems to have a decent streak of shows that can be enjoyed as an older person. A combination of British sensibilities and adhering to broadcasting remit makes the stuff they make usually not too juvenile.

...d... did you just make that for this thread? Well done if so.

Pic related is still better than awful CGI show.

>In a couple years I turn 30
>Getting obsessed with Lalaloopsy
>Nobody irl or in the internet to enjoy it with
Being a fag is suffering.

I really hope they keep the explicit SJW shit to a minimum and that the banter and jokes will make up for the other shit. At least there's no way this will last beyond this season since the parents of the kids who watch the show already massively disagree with this.

I don't remember how old I was when this show came out but I do remember loving it.

Wait nevermind I was 12. Not that old but still old enough to grow out of Baby Shows by that point.

Peppa, Lalaloopsy and that one that has a pink girl that looks like the dumb girl in Kill la Kill, but pink.

Peppa because I used to watch it with my nephew, Lalaloopsy because it looks cute as fuck.

The other one looked insteresting.

>filename
user

Hes the swellest kid around

Max was a fukkin asshole always m easing things up

I hated anytime Max got THAT look on his face. You know the one. I always got upset to the point where I yelled "JUST LEAVE HER ALONE YOU SHITE"