Is the death of Luke the death of Optimus Prime of the current generation?

Is the death of Luke the death of Optimus Prime of the current generation?

Nah. Optimus Prime's fans were children at the time. This is for people old as shit to weep about.

It's ridiculous. Full grown "men" crying over a movie being shit. Fucking disgraceful.

Optimus died a warrior’s death and was an actual emotional death.

Luke died a bitch and didn’t do shit except suck milk from sloth tits.

For real though, I don't get how it happened.

He was Astral projecting, right? Or whatever, force protecting. And then he disappeared?

He literally exhausted all his force and ghosted himself.

Gotta push Rey and Leia.

>Full grown "men" crying over a movie being shit.
Fuck off normal fag. I have a right to cry that disney raped the franchise

They literally stole the stand concept from jojo. I never thought id see star wars steal from anime
>Gotta push Rey and Leia.
Fuck feminist wars

So are all these movies going to keep killing of the old cast as a running theme? How long till the droids and Chewbacca get a heroic sacrifice?

I thought it was a decent send off, all the shit that Kylo and the FO had to go through before they figured out they were played was delicious.and he did it several systems away after locking himself out of the force for years..

The sulfur ground really looked nice especially when they made it look like that Luke splattered into an explosion of blood when he was blasted.

>Luke died a bitch and didn’t do shit except suck milk from sloth tits.
>saved the galaxy by allowing the last few survivors of resistance to escape and re start the war
>performed the most impressive force feat to date
>humiliated kylo in front of the entire first order, without giving him the satisfaction of killing him
>did all of this without raising a hand in violence, using the force solely for defence, showing that he has truly mastered what it means to use the force
>died on his own terms and became one with the force

>How long till the droids and Chewbacca get a heroic sacrifice?
I swear to god if they kill c-3po or r2d2 i will fucking murder JJ abrams. They were my favorite characters bar only jabba since i was a child and i will not let then die, especially the way han and luke died

It was still fucking retarded to kill him, along with ackbar phasma and fucking snoke. Twists dont equal good writing

if anything it was probably one of the more cliched things to do
old mentors rarely live long in star wars, even kanan is an exception for surviving quite a while, but they are still expecting him to end up dead by the finale

I'm more pissed that after all the suffering the Skywalkers had to endure they met with a pretty shit end.

Why were Anakin and Luke even born... just to suffer?

Are you the same person in every thread or is there just a lot of bitches here?

Pretty much this.

I do think that having Luke fail in a moment of weakness is kind of lame, but it didn't ruin the character. And his ending was great. Yoda said wars don't make you great. Luke never had a lightsaber fight. That's awesome.

Why was it retarded to kill him? Or Snoke? Because you want them to not be dead?

Ackbar was barely a character. If the movie hadn't specifically mentioned he died you wouldn't have noticed.

Phasma isn't dead. You're an idiot if you don't think she'll be back.

Very curious. Did you think the original trilogy was woman hating?

I do think his final scene was done well. The usage of the twin suns imagery was a really neat way to close his journey.

But they should have let it linger instead of cutting straight into Kylo and Stormtroopers loudly marching.

What the fuck is the point of a spoiler if you don't indicate what you're spoilering? Fuck you.

Because i wanted to see snoke till the last movie and have him do shit
>Ackbar was barely a character.
Kill yourself, he was one of my favorites even as a kid
No, but it wasnt obvious feminist propaganda

>I do think that having Luke fail in a moment of weakness is kind of lame
i didnt like it either, but yoda points out that looking ot the horizon was always a failing of luke, so the brief moment of considering killing a dark lord before he turns evil is not totally OOC, even if it is extremely jarring for a cinnamon roll like luke to consider killing anyone
>Luke never had a lightsaber fight
given the way he totally schools rey with their sticks, luke wasnt completely ignoring combat either

Different user here, but there was one female character in the original trilogy. Two if you want to split hairs and claim Mon Mothma actually had a character.

It ignored women entirely. That's different, but it isn't good.

>That's different, but it isn't good.
Fuck off you “inclusive” faggot. Star wars doesnt belong to women

Excuse me for liking women enough to want to see more of them. Tanel Ka was my favorite EU character. I was so excited when early rumors claimed the new trilogy might follow the Solo children.

>liking forced women
>liking more family drama in star wars, one of the worst aspects of the entire franchise
Kill yourself you shit tasts mong. Their is no point in making the good guys into a literal matriarchy then to shit on the original fans.

>Optimus dies a warrior's death after a badass battle with his nemesis

>Luke dies after spending years as a bum milking space sloths and playing second fiddle to a mary sue

>Exiled himself

No because Luke died at the end of the movie passing away peacefully while Optimus died 20 minutes in and brutally too.

He's not allowed to exile himself?

when he done cleaning the mess

this is a GOOD post, wow

>The hero who took Optimus's shoes was untested and unsure of himself. Looked to Optimus's legacy for guidance.
>The hero who took Luke's place is a mary sue who can do no wrong.

Its pretty bad when an 80's toy commercial has better writing than fucking disney.