Dark knights metal: Do you love it or do you hate it so far...

Dark knights metal: Do you love it or do you hate it so far? If you love it and had to make a soundtrack for it what songs would you pick and why? Lets try to keep this discussion spoiler free if we can please.

Its decent but not great and its starting to drag on. Im just going to tradewait for it.

I love it and I'm really just hoping that the ending doesn't suck. I'll give my picks for the soundtrack either later tonight or tomorrow if this thread is still alive by then.

it's alright. mostly interested in the origin stories and they're already done. soundtrack would just be different kinds of metal, but i don't listen to metal. so, idk.

I just read the batman who laughs this mourning before work actually. Do you think any of these alternet batmen have any chance of returning as a reoccurring villen after this story wraps up?

*villain

Its another BatWank theme event. The other evil Justice League universe never accomplish much. See Injustice when everyone being incompetence except for Batman.

if any of them do return, it'd probably be the batman who laughs. mainly b/c he's just a dangerous wildcard. the other batmen do have potential, but are just overshadowed by tbwl being in the forefront and there's overlap w/ existing villains.

Yeah I was thinking that.

since when is the Bat incompetent?

>no zorro batman
ONE JOB

is this on hiatus or something? I haven't seen anything after batman lost. Wasn't there supposed to be a hawkman one shot or something?

I don't really care for it, but if you're enjoying it, that's cool I guess.

Laughs is already confirmed to be sticking around and showing up in another book.

Metal #4 got delayed some odd number of days. I think the hawkman one doesn't come out untill later.

It's fun and dumb. People not understanding this are retards. The only problem is that it should've been done before Doomsday Clock started.

It's basically a Bat-wank event plus Scott Snyder trying his best to ape Morrison and failing miserably at it. Even actual Batfags are starting to hate it.

Hilariously enough, BM/WW fags started jumping to his defense ever since he dropped that Merciless issue and started prominently shoving in Wonder Woman to interact with Batman.

I really like it but the delay kind of killed the hype.

>its not a batman event i s-swear

Haven’t read any yet, but all those guys look pretty fucking metal

They took the Dark Judges of Dredd and filed the numbers off, don't overestimate their creativity.

Honestly? It made me drop comics as a whole, it was a whole 'final drop in the bucket' thing for me.
>Turning the concept of What-Ifs into an edgy "Dark Multiverse" with only bad endings
>Having an entire unlimited multiverse with all the characters to choose from, and the focus all goes to Batman
>Characters are written like helpless rats who can only obey some unspoken 'instinct' that fucks them over

It's fucking shallow, mindless and over-the-top, but it's still the only "event" comic that actually manages to be a somewhat entertaining read.

Only the WW one is a numbers filed off Dark Judge, Joker Bats is a numbers filed off Cenobite.

its a special kind of incompetent

I like the idea, but I wish that the JL would actually fight their opposite numbers. What do I mean by this?

Well, there's never been a straight-up, one-on-one, full-issue brawl. We've only seen bits and pieces of it, and every fight has been entirely unsatisfying. For instance, look at the Dawnbreaker versus Hal. The entire fight is Dawnbreaker sucker-punching Hal from the darkness, again and again and again.

There's no strategy or depth to any of the battles. It's just people making a dramatic pose, then smash-cut to the conclusion. (For instance, Red Death versus Barry and Merciless versus Wonder Woman should be fascinating fights.)

This event has made me wonder if comic-book writers can actually write fight scenes. I mean, if this was a manga, a battle between two evenly matched opponents would have gone on for hundreds of pages. Fucking shit like Bleach or Naruto would have done that, why can't DC comics?

I'll add, why the fuck is Cyborg the key to all of this? Cyborg sucks as a character, he's insanely bland! And why did he get an upgrade to 'Cyborg One Million' for no apparent reason? How does that make any sense?

It's a horrible attempt at making Cyborg relevant to the Justice League.
>HE'S IMPORTANT YOU GUYS LOOK HE'S AT THE CENTRE OF IT ALL HE'S LIKE A FOOTBALL COACH WHAT A LEADER
And all I see is some cliché high school movie twist where the underdog suddenly gets his moment to shine.

It's so badly written and I really can't give a shit about Cyborg. The two new Green Lanterns make more interesting 'diversity' characters than him.

It feels weird having this still going on when Doomsday Clock is already getting started.

shit is shit