/ co / loved or hated Mate Fraction Hawkeye?

/ co / loved or hated Mate Fraction Hawkeye?

bro

bro

I liked the first half but I'm not a fan of what it started.

*gets emasculated*

Bro, Hawkguy is great

pizza dog's the best, bro.

So what is Clint up those days?

bru

pretty much this
why would any body wanna read a comic where the so called "protagonist" get´s pushed around by some tumblr sjw character, is always portrayed as a loser and always in the wrong.
probably worst sjw comic ever

A great comic that started the tumblr obsession. It created ton of cringy memes that we might have liked at the time but Katefags on tumblr and at Marvel won't shut up about. If I hear Kate is the real Hawkeye and the other guy again. I think the comic is very good and has some great panel work. But Hawkeye should not be solely defined by this run.

Loved in the beginning, then SJW culture began to influence their opinions of anything remotely featuring women or minorities while it was on hiatus. So then hated.

I hated both Fraction and Waid before it was cool. That's how woke I am, bro.

Started out great but as usual Marvel took the wrong lessons from it.
Btw, what's Aja up to these days? All I know that Fraction is doing a shitty cuckolding comic over at Image and nothing else instead of trying a creator owned series with him.

It's not a "cuckolding" story.

Is a story focused on sex that isn't sexy and manages to be pretty boring, actually.

I absolutely loved it. I don't care about female-tumblr-sjw-whatever-politics that people on this board complain about. I loved the writing and I loved the art. It was a tight series and, despite a few missteps (hiatus, Katre issues not being their own series, and the TV issue), it was a good read and I return to it every once in a while.

Fraction right now is trying to start up his own production studio to turn a bunch of Image comics into tv shows. Right now Sex Criminals and Wicked+Divine seem to be the two started shows, they might do Saga later.

Anything that damages a character is something I hate on principle. Turning Clint into Hawkguy, a down-on-his luck geek who succeeds in spite of himself and is constantly emasculated by his Strong Brave Womyn sidekick filtered into making him an incompetent chucklefuck and so the run deserves nothing but scorn.

I hate modern comic writers for being so blatant in what they're really after. They don't give a shit about comics, merely view them as stepping stones to make big money getting their works optioned for movies or (especially) TV.

On the one hand I can't blame them for going that direction because it means more money. On the other hand so many of these books have a great starting arc because they started as pitches for tv shows then flail for the rest of the series trying to be ongoing.

>that entire solo issue with kate
What a goddam mistake
Still the start was solid

Aja's working with Ann Nocenti on a upcoming DarkHorse book, for that new Karen Berger Imprint

Other than that, I think Aja's only been doing covers lately

I remember him on Robinson's Scarlet Witch and Ellis's Karnak.

A decent series that many fans and even Marvel didn’t get fully by thinking that Clint is always down-on-his-luck and Kate was the bestest ever!!!!

It started great, but what killed it for me was the delays.

That and Kate's solo issues

Is Ann Nocenti any good? Karen Berger's on editorial duty usually means quality tho

People will say she's good but will never point out a good thing she's done outside of her Daredevil run. Granted it's a good run but she's not particularly great outside of that IMO.

bro kate is my waifu bro

She hasn't really written that much lengthy stuff outside of daredevil.
Kid eternity was good.
I liked the klarion book.
Besides that there were a bunch of mediocre books from early new 52.

Started good, then got really bad. I think I gave up around when girl Hawkeye went to LA for some reason and we as an audience were expected to care.

>kate will never be deep in your manbits

Was Kid Eternity the one where all the heroes of history were really demons disguised as heroes and his mentor was really a pedophile or something? I've never bothered reading it because that entire thing sounds insultingly edgy.

YA Kate under Heinberg was cool and I liked her costume with the scarf and dark purple. Current Stronk Womyn Real Hawkeye Kate may as well be a different character entirely.

I was already not enjoying what he was doing with Clint and Kate

I quit after the first Madame Masque issue. It just felt like complete bullshit to me and the art in that issue was terrible.

It was alright at first, but the constant shitting on Clint got old fast.

Loved the art hated the writing.

Hot take, Javier Pulido is a good artist

>Clint is always down-on-his-luck and Kate was the bestest ever!!!!
It blows my mind that this is what so many people got from the series.

>I didn't read the comic

Fraction is only good when he has Aja to carry his ass.

I think I remember Sup Forums liking it and then hating by the time it was over or at least a little while after it was over

Sup Forums hates popular things

A good enough series that Sup Forums hates in hindsight because later writers picked up the wrong lessons from it. In the original, Kate and Clint were both flawed in their own ways, and worked together to overcome these flaws. It wasn't until Lemire picked up the book that Kate suddenly became the bestest Hawkeye ever and Clint an emasculated, barely functioning loser, and a lot of people incorrectly attribute this change to Fraction.

Clint was a loser under Fraction, too.

>I lack reading comprehension

to be fair, outside of her Daredevil run, she really hasn't done much.
her only real work prior to the new52 Green Arrow and Catwoman books, are Daredevil, Kid Eternity (ongoing after Morrison's mini), and Longshot. everything else is just one-offs and fill-ins

I get the disdain for the Kate issues, but I also love Annie Wu and The Long Goodbye, so they worked for me

>It wasn't until Lemire picked up the book that Kate suddenly became the bestest Hawkeye ever and Clint an emasculated, barely functioning loser, and a lot of people incorrectly attribute this change to Fraction.

I think Gillen's Young Avengers at the time contributed to this, and definitely had an affect on Lemire's handling of the characters.

It blows my mind that people thought that Clint was boring before this series started.

well he was mainly written by Bendis in between stints of being dead/not himself, prior to this series.