Who is the Jack Kirby of DC?

Who is the Jack Kirby of DC?

Jack Kirby

Kirby Jack

Kack Jirby

jacques corbey

Oh (You)

If by that you mean the one man who created or co-created a majority of the most popular and company defining characters, then there isn't one. DC's stable where created by a bunch of different people, which is honestly why they don't mesh as finely as the Marvel stable of characters. (Not that that is a bad thing per se.)

Gardner Fox? Mort Weisinger? Julius Schwartz?

In terms of sheer creative output? Gardner Fox.

He was right there at the beginning in the 40s and when it came the time to renew the concepts in the 60s he established so much of what is still being used,

I'm pretty sure it's Jack Kirby, user. He contributed some of memorable characters to DC. Besides pic related, he did The New Gods/Mister Miracle/Forever People, OMAC, Kamandi, and probably more that I'm forgetting.

Joe Kubert

Jim Shooter.

jack kirby

Jack Kirby, obviously. Alternatively, Carmine Infantino, Mike Sekowsky, and Joe Kubert did very defining artwork for DC as a whole. Infantino in particular is one of my all-time favorite Silver/Bronze Age artists.

It probably is Fox, you could also make an argument for Kanigher too or Bill Finger.

Kirby's impact on DC was minimal in the grand scheme of things and it wasn't until other creators revisited his ideas that any of them stuck (except Kamandi). And even then he never created an A-Lister for them whereas the Kirby of Marvel created like 70% of their A-Listers.

There was this guy, I think his name was Jacoby Kirberger

Fpbp

Dunno, maybe Jack Kirby.

Kirby's most mainstream DC work was Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, and that had been running for like a decade before he got to it.

Grant Morrison

Morrison doesn't really "create", he just takes and innovates

I think if you were to point to a british invasion writer it would be Moore or Gaiman. Moore created John Constantine and Watchmen and kind of opened the door for DC's best period of the late 80s through the 2000s and Vertigo and all that. And Gaiman only did Sandman but that's kind of enough. Like there's enough ideas and good characters there that it could be its own universe, the number of successful spinoffs Sandman's had is a testament to that, it's the closest run DC has to Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four in terms of everything that sprang from it.

Morrison's got his place. Biggest contribution that comes to mind is Damian of course, but he also helped lay down the cornerstone of Flash Speedorce lore during his Wally West run. If nobody's ever made a pun there, I'd like to be the first

You guys realize Kirby did shit for DC before New Gods, right?

R-Right?