Disney comic girls thread

Hard mode: obscure characters.
Pic related, Rosinha (Josè Carioca girlfriend from brazilian comic).

Other urls found in this thread:

inducks.org/character.php?c=Rosinha&view=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thicc and featherless

This isn't a human, right?

No. like Josè, she is a parrot.

>featherless parrot

>Josè Carioca girlfriend from brazilian comic
Huh, that’s odd. “The Three Caballeros Ride Again” and “The Magnificent Seven (Minus Four) Caballeros” Both portrayed Jose as a rampant womanizer.

Ew... put a bag over that nose.

It would be so bad if the rest of her wasn’t just a semirealistic Human Woman. She already looks out of place stylistically, but the dog nose just racked on really highlights that.

They should have gave her a bigger beak.

Bum Bum's cousin that Donald has a small crush on(and has had since childhood).

>Huh, that’s odd. “The Three Caballeros Ride Again” and “The Magnificent Seven (Minus Four) Caballeros” Both portrayed Jose as a rampant womanizer.
As if having a girlfriend will stop him.

I think she's decently obscure?
Goldie O'Gilt's granddaughter who is under Scrooge's guardianship.

Zé in the Brasillian comics is completely different than in the movie/Don Rosa canon, in which he acted very much in a typical "ay-ay-ay" way Disney created him.

The BR comics basically made him into his own character with a varied cast who interact with him in various ways.

He's always owing money, always seen eating and sleeping, and has three dim-witted friends he keeps dragging into schemes.

Mary-Ann Flagstarr.
High-ranking member of the FBI equivalent in PKNA.

I ship them.

Always and forever.

I recently finished collecting scans of ALL the stories she's in. I've been doing an incredibly slow and shitty MSPaint translation, but one day, I'll storytime this fucking magnum opus.

They're siblings you sick fuck

I wonder it Panchito had some character development in Mexico out of the whole american-POV-stereotype like we BRs did to Zé.

Not that I know of. Unless there's very specific Mexico-only stories, but from my knowledge (portuguese, we got Disney comics from all around the world published here) he's never, ever appeared in the comics besides a few stories, specially the ones by Rosa, which choose to be references to the old movies and not the comics characters.

We ll be here, waiting.......

>He's always owing money, always seen eating and sleeping, and has three dim-witted friends he keeps dragging into schemes
The way you’re describing it makes it Sound like they just turned him into a Discount Donald, only replacing his nephews with mooks to make him look good.

And feathers. And bird legs. And a coloration that doesn’t so closely resemble human skin.

Being its a Brazilian comic, I bet it shows no shame with more dresses like that, along with skimpy swimwear. And that was a long running comic! Shame no full book scans really exist.
inducks.org/character.php?c=Rosinha&view=2

Moreover, many EU gals are little known here. And they are drawn very nicely. Free from the sexually-stunned designs frequent here.

Korinna Ducklair.
Emotionally stunted womanchild with psychic powers.

Indeed he is again a casanova, but in comical mode.

>Jaspion
Why my land has such a shitty tast in sentai

Why do the other characters look like they came out of a Crumb comic?

is not Don Rosa style?

Paperetta Ye' Ye'

Not obscure, but she is rarely used (mostly in brazilian comics for a time).

>The BR comics basically made him into his own character with a varied cast who interact with him in various ways.

Surprisingly, we Americans came up with some of the José characters that are still used in Brazil, but in a very short lived Disney Sunday comic in the 1940s.
Here is a 1942 example showing José with Maria (Rosinha) and Rocha Vaz... Nestor also debuted in this period.
Of course, Brazil did later add many great characters of its own, such as Zé Galo and Pedrão...

Not really, no.

Donald doesn't always owe money. In this one, they actually made the money collectors into an evil organization he has to escape from.

His habits, way to speak, events he's a part of, it's very un-Donaldesque.

Never knew this! And Pedrão does seem like the kind of character Brazil would create. Seemingly a plain character, he's more hard-working and successful than most, but still hangs out with the dudes.

Donna Duck in one of rare times where she appear in a comic.

Juspion isn't from any sentai. Are you shitting on brazilian taste for lame-but-nice tokusatsu, fag?

Anyway, I'm glad brazilian version is very sorted with Disney comics, I red DD vs PK translated thanks to the brazilian comics.

it's worth to note she's quite different in the Brazilian comics compared to the Italian comics

Is she that different? I recently re-read a ton of her stories. Her context is altered, being one of a group of teenage friends, but Dickie herself seems to be mostly the same-ish, just with more focus on music? Maybe it's because she never seemed to have a set personality beyond "teen".

>Donald doesn't always owe money.
One of the consistent elements across Authors is that Donald’s large number of expenses (three growing lads to take care of) inability to hold down a job, and terrible spending habits always has him owing a massive Debt to his Uncle Scrooge, who often uses it to coerce him into doing dangerous jobs for him and going on adventures with him.

It's a bit different.

Donald's generally shown as lazy, hotheaded, and owing money, but rarely outright dishonest- when he is, it's normally a point of the story. If Donald's hungry and is out of money, he'll rather to polish coins on Scrooge's bin to make some money than steal.

Joe Carioca isn't just lazy, out of money, in debt, etc- he's proud of it and it's his way of life. He was made into a take on the "malandro" stereotype, the easy-living rogue who charms you while fucking you over for his benefit. If Joe Carioca's hungry, he'll swindle his friends for a free lunch.

It's why in the end Donald's debts crystalise in the form of Scrooge's endless debt list that forces Donald to work for him, while Carioca's debts crystalise in a literal spy organisation of debtors that try to capture him while he escapes them.

I know this feel, it was a stupid waste of money

Luckily, or unluckily depending on your point of view, José dropped in Before Donald could even get to check in, saving him his hard earned Cash.

Donald still lives in the suburb, with a nice house, a car and enough money for entertainment. He's middle class trying to keep afloat, with many attempts at jobs.

Zé lives in a favela, in a wooden shack, pretty sure he doesn't even have a car. He's a poorfag and proud of never working, his only chance of getting money is marrying the nice rich girl who is weirdly in love with him.

I eagerly await you efforts to come to fruition Reginellaanon

It’s actually quite sad

Brazilian Pata Lee is more of a "generic" teenager, while Italian Paperetta was at first the incarnation of the "I don't care about the status quo!" teenager of the 70s, then evolved in the "Socially active modern young adult" channeling her anti-establishment tendencies as an independent reporter\journalist for Gideon McDuck's newspaper(often working with Fethry)

>Hard mode: obscure characters.
>posts an character from an untranslated foriegn comic
Nigga that’s cheating

>inducks.org/character.php?c=Rosinha&view=2

OP just didn't know her English name.
Rosinha in English is Maria Vaz. She's not a common character here today but used to be, in the 1940s (see an example upthread).

She looks interesting dark for a Duck comic.

Her twin sister became the empress of their home planet.

Why are Psykers always the nutty ones?

Jana was perfectly sane.

...Unlike her crazy ex.

>Forgot image
I'm a moron

Therm being crazy has nothing to do with being psykers, though.

>That comically over-sized chin
>That long, flowing, silver, anime pretty boy hair
>That hideously out of place Green Lipstick
Holy shit, and this guy was supposed to be a villain? He looks like some teenage tumblrina’s OC. How was he ever taken seriously?

Hard mode be damned, you cannot have a Disney Comics Girl thread without Magica

Shame this book got canned before the finale