Would Superman be more relatable if he was a different color?

Would Superman be more relatable if he was a different color?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegeektwins.com/2017/11/5-reasons-next-batman-should-be-black.html?m=1
google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-SEB-82297?responsive=y
youtu.be/bjqmhHqWSu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You mean like Electric Blue Superman?

but he's an alien. why would his skin color matter?

I think he means like if he's green.
There's already a character like that OP, he's called The Martian Manhunter.

Because black people/Asians/Latinos want to relate to someone like Superman?

The better question is would Superman be more relatable if he grew up in the suburbs. I think he would but not in a good way.

>untermensch want to relate to someone like Superman
Yeah and I want to be able to fly, but some things are just impossible.

Well you got Steel and Icon for black people,Best boy Kenan Kong for asians and canonically speaking J'onn is the south american superman.

Asian people already have a Superman
Besides, no one relates to Superman. Superman is the kind of person you look up to, not the kind of person you see yourself in.

There are other Superheroes besides Superman.

but relatability has nothing to do with what color they are, but personality, motivation and concerns

>I can't relate to a character unless they have they same skin colour as me
Isn't this the same shit Sup Forums gets accused of saying?

See, this drives me insane. How fucking narcissistic to you have to be to only relate to fictional characters sharing the same skin color? You think black people give a shit about Batman being white? No. They like Batman for being fucking Batman

And 90% of them are white.

Boo fucking hoo.

Except people complain about Batman not being black all the time.

Then go look for the other 10% you lazy bitch. Be the fucking change you want to be in the world.

>What is Miles Morales?

>"""people"""

thegeektwins.com/2017/11/5-reasons-next-batman-should-be-black.html?m=1

No they don't you flithy fucking liar. Quit using innuendo which implies an opinion held by the majority of the people.

you mean like all the people that created these characters and pioneered comic books?

>Look at this random internet blog.
You have to actively look for this shit and you have to go searching hard. I think this whole fucking thread and OP is using bait to turn this thread into a Sup Forums where people are bitching about non-white characters.

Yeah, racist white people trying to get offended on behalf of others

Only because you're ignoring every character that proves you wrong.

I can't believe you just made me read that.
Please don't ever hold the opinions of human waste like this in high regard ever again, thank you.

>I-it’s only a minority of people with this opinion
google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-SEB-82297?responsive=y

I think he real problem with Superman is that he can fly.

As a non-flying American this troubles me greatly, this sort of toxic altitude shaming should be left in the past!

Don't even get me started on his bullet-proof skin! Obvious glorification of our military-industrial complex! Shameful

Just out of curiosity, how much time did you waste compiling these clickbait articles for this shit troll thread?

Have you actually talked to black comic book fans? Tons of them don't even like to talk about Miles. Black guys always liked Peter. He was from a poor family, didn't get the good family life you saw on TV, received a lot of unfair harassment, went to public school - and he often had to struggle with doing what was right and what was easy. Peter is white, but his personal life has a lot of the same troubles black people go through

Miles ain't got any of that, man. He went to a cushy private school, his family is fine outside of forced drama, he doesn't have any of the struggles Peter had. He is way whiter than Peter.

Do you not know what a majority is? It's mean more than 2 people.

Kindly stop being a fucking retard.

So create new characters

Are you one of those white people that get offended for brown people?

He’s not wrong though.

People who want black Batman usually don't know about Black Panther. Once you point out Black Panther is Black Batman then they're happy and they shut up.

Don't White lefties spend more time complaining about Batman being a rich White man spending his time punching poor people and the mentally ill?

Because all crime is excusable if you're poor or insane, and you don't deserve that punch, nor that prison sentence.

About what?

>An African king is somehow relatable to urban black people

What’s the TLDR?

I'm offended by how low effort this bait is

Is a rich millionaire from old money relatable to urban black people?

A boring character with little, to no personality, that people who don’t actually read comics like?

Batman should be black because of retarded shit that hardly makes any sense

>A playboy millionaire with a mansion is somehow
relatable to urban white people

Characters of different races reacting to situations differently.

If you had Batman and Black Panther in the same room and offer them both KFC, who would react negatively?

Neither probably, who doesn't like fried chicken?

Then Night thrasher or Nighthawk. Pick up Batman:Orpheus rising if you gotta, the point is that people asking for Black Batman are usually ill-informed about who's who in comics and will be happy if you told them that yes there is a black Batman.

And thus more proof SJW's are just closet racists. You don't care about race, you just want something to complain about. If Superman was magically black tomorrow, you'd bitch about "Well he's not written black" whatever the fuck that means. Saying this stupid shit doesn't help anything, it only further segregates people. Something better people than you fought against

Both of them? Bruce Wayne and T'challa probaby don't eat Junk food and would find it greasy.

Newsflash user: this was a false flag bait from Sup Forums.

Any black person who likes Batman should kill themselves. Like, I don't mean to go all Malcom X here, but seriously, have some fucking standards, people.

Why would Black Panther be offended by you offering him the same food you're offering Batman? Maybe he would be if the food he was offered was different than what was offered to Bruce and was clearly based on a stereotype.
Also this

They'd at least thank you for offering I think.

I’ll relate to him more if he wasn’t a FUCKING ALIEN!

Don't really care, my point still stands.

“Black people being written as white” is actually a big problem in media.
Exhibit A:
youtu.be/bjqmhHqWSu8

bruce actually has eaten fast food burgers w/ his robins. bp, i've yet to see eat fast food.

Keep trying, racist

A white alien.

These are black Batman equivalents.
People want the real thing to be black.

They can. If you’re someone who can only truely identify with a character if they share superficial traits with you, then you have issues

No they don't, Some may say they do but they don't mean. What they want is a famous and recognizable black superhero but that doesn't happen overnight.

Yes he is, 100% wrong.

I'm not white and I love Superman, what now?

They should make Black Panther a european.

Orphan baby found by Wakandans in the jungle. Raised and sent to Oxford. Comes back to claim the throne and turns Wakanda into a super advanced paradise.

Certain white people complain about that

> thread

So Iron Fist, which people already called racist with the new show

What's with the penis on the right side?

You mean Tarzan?

yes, basically.

The only people that complain about relatability based on skin color are wiki readers. Even past that I've never even heard a black person complain about something like this, if anything they just have a preconceived notion of a character and won't read anything worthwhile on that character because of it.

>raised among gorillas
user you card

Okay here we go

>Super Jakwandareous
Born in da hood and used his gangsta skills to rise in his local gang, the bleeds. He finds out he has super powers, and uses them to break free of the gang life, try and reform his people, and search for his father. He dies of Super Nigger Aids but is revived by fried chicken.

>Super Speedy Gonzalez
First, he crossed the border. Now, he crosses the Galaxy. Becomes Dictator of Mexico, destroys all drugs, and kills all non-Catholics. Becomes pope.

>Super Chink
Now he might be able to date white woman. Maybe. Still small dick

Apparently so if Black Panther is.

So?

So Black Panther is Black Batman and Btaman is white.

fuck off i like batman