Why is everyone suddenly turning on 2017 as if it was a bad year?

Why is everyone suddenly turning on 2017 as if it was a bad year?

Drumpf

that's what 9gag's fags say in the end of every year

Last year it was a thing because the entire left was mad over brexit and trump
but what has happened this year that was so bad? What has trump even done that had negative consequences?

Getting rid of net netrality.
Bunch of shitty celebs died or got accused of rape

who gaves a fuck? they're a bunch of edgy overlord teens.
they would say something like "net neutrality" "adpocalipse on youtube" etc...
while there's people having their heads tear off for learning english.

>Getting rid of net netrality.
I said "that had negative consequences", not "that made people scared of a theoretical future through fearmongering"

>people having their heads tear off for learning english.
English teacher here. Can confirm that is indeed the punishment in my class for failing English quizes.

Is this a Jojo reference?

>9gag's fags
Just call them 9fags or Gaggots.

mmm yeah..hey! have a chat with the sociology or the history teacher, they tell you one of two things about Boko Haram...in english!

David Bowie died

it was a shit year because people continue to get more and more hateful and salty over garbage and the trend is showing no sign of slowing.

compromise and understanding are dirtier words than ever.

Between video games and Rebirth 2017 was pretty good.

You should be fucking killed.

last year

Wasn't as bad as 2016.

I remember 2016 being outspokingly bad.

Worst I can say for 2017 is drumpf and net neutrality, and the sexual allegations and such. But its negativity was more acute and less omnipresent, which made it objectively bad, instead of generally bad.

That isn't bad since all his songs are recorded and easily listenable without him.

Basically the alt-right. Everyone is mad that nationalism grows, and the doubling-down on stupid shit is making it stronger. Hollywood is being eaten by its own intersectionality, the skeptic community is falling apart, laws that would have allowed removal of people from the internet by the government, pretending that Comcast throttling in an age of technological boom isn't getting anti-trust or upstarts breaking in, the fact that DRUMPHY isn't in jail because he did nothing wrong, it's all literally causing all the shaking.

Charlottesville was supposed to kill them. Steve Bannon quitting was supposed to destroy them. Neither did. Now the NAHHHZIS are getting rich on speculation bubbles they know how to pop out of immediately, all the jews in media and movies are losing their jobs, the Democrats have no plan, the Republicans are getting replaced with people who give a shit, it's all going great.

Which means for the bugmen it's all going wrong, because it was supposed to be her turn in the current year.

Wasn't a terrible year to be honest. Buncha political partisans shrieking was about the worst that happened.

I grew a year older to being a wizard.

Where have you been all year?

>I hate freedom
Fuck off commie.

>removing regulations is anti-freedom

Are they? I think late 2016 yielded more memes than now.

Isn't there a Ukrainian version of Sup Forums that you can use, you fucking pinko?

>cool people died like Bowie
>Trump became even more of a cuck with net neutrality, trying to push a shitty healthcare bill through and the bullshit tax reform that gonna give him more money. It's not really just him, just GOP as a whole
>Lot of shitty deaths and terrorist attacks

2016 I think was shittier, but this wasn't as bad.

>the skeptic community is falling apart
How so?

remember back in around the 90's when the government said they were going to put vigilant cameras on the subway, people thought it was weird and a invasion of space....
well...times change

>the bullshit tax reform that gonna give him more money
Rich people will always be saving higher quantities of money, it's how percentages work. Getting mad over raw numbers with no context of percentages is complete idiocy

>Hollywood is being eaten by it's own intersectionality

I don't think that's the right word for it.

>laws protecting freedom are an invasion of privacy
Nice try Ivan, next we should get rid of the second amendment to help protect our gun rights.

Do you want the maximum bait answer or the real answer?

>removing regulations that helped protect freedom of speech on the internet is pro-freedom

holy shit we got a live one
please tell me you are unable to vote

I don't catch what are you saying?
are you implying that I said it was a invasion of privacy? because I didn't

How would you know? It's clear you're just memeing on instinct without any awareness of where you are.

You are making a comparison between a set of laws and regulations that protect freedom to invasions of privacy.

im curious what passes for real answers around here

Meh. Boring year. Just 2016 part 2. Some years are like that.

Spotted the faggots from reddit. Net neutrality is a nice thing to have that there was absolutely no reason to get rid of...but it doesn't affect the average internet user. It's more businesses can get in the way of streaming services, which spoiler: they already do. Mainstream websites like reddit, tumblr, facebook, and google already mine the shit out of your data to personalize your experience and create a nice filter bubble, so what everyone was spouting what "net neutrality" protected was already being done. SOPA didn't pass a few years ago, then a slightly revised version was when everybody was celebrating. So fucking think for yourself for once.

And because you dipshits can't read, I will state this again:
>There was absolutely no reason net neutrality needed to be removed, but they still did it like the faggots they are.

ok, Dungeon Master.
this is the moment when you stop talking in riddles and just give a straight answer.

Your right, we should get rid of that pesky bill of rights

Only Redditors like Sup Forums hate net neutrality, though. Literally everyone else supports it.

>trying to get over a lifetime of depression
>the entirely world is constantly talking about how awful absolutely everything is and how they want to die

no, I'm comparing the over reaction through fear mongering, the same thing that happened in the 90's or when people said the hadron collider would cause a black hole.

The math people had to make up some weird speculations about health care to show that the taxes would hurt the poor since if you just use raw numbers it's actually helpful. And what if health care doesn't go up? Or what if they just don't buy health care? What then? And why are people using health care to show justify attacking a tax system? Aren't those different issues?

>but it doesn't affect the average internet user.
Yeah it will.
>Mainstream websites like reddit, tumblr, facebook, and google already mine the shit out of your data to personalize your experience and create a nice filter bubble, so what everyone was spouting what "net neutrality" protected was already being done.
Nothing you said has anything to do with net neutrality.

You're right, I completely forgot that all those times from before net neutrality laws were made where they fucked over the average consumer never actually happened. Oh wait, no they totally did.

>It's actually helpful if you ignore maths and just take things at face value
how about don't be a fucking retard

>Nothing you said has anything to do with net neutrality.
He's trying to argue against net neutrality, of course he doesn't know what it is.

Those regulations are peventing the return of Ma bell.

>tfw meme nihilists romanticize suicide

I know, it's just it wasn't being enforced as well as we thought it was. Net neutrality is there to prevent internet services from charging more for streaming a video, downloading a game, or going to a specific website. If you believe this was enforced you're an idiot. Netflix is paying Verizon a premium few to not be throttled, and so are other major streaming services. While it is worrisome that web content could be blocked, it doesn't effect reddit or other mainstream sights. It might hit here, but we haw yet to see.

Again, there was no reason to take it down, but it happened. Calling your congress person wasn't going do much cause it was an FCC decision. Tough luck, but there wasn't much we could do here.

I think that's mostly Shen being a whiny shit like always.
Most opinions I've seen about 2017 range from decent to "not as bad as 2016"

For fuck's sake, I said there was NO REASON TO GET RID OF IT. Read you retarded faggot and stop gettin so defensive.

2017 was a shit year

>Netflix is paying Verizon a premium few to not be throttled, and so are other major streaming services.
That's not really the same thing as net neutrality

alright, an honest answer

1. Trump got into office
2. Massive flooding in Houston and Puerto Rico, followed by massive wildfires in Southern California
3. Healthcare almost got repealed and the HHS continues to try to sabotage the whole thing with shit like cutting the obamacare enrollment period in half
4. After giving a bullshit reason for indefinitely prolonging the appointment of Merrick Garland to the supreme court, McTurtle puts Neil Gorsuch on the court and we're now stuck with him for decades to come
5. Also Trump is stuffing the lower courts with shitty appointees who keep failing the Bar Association
6. We "found out" about the fact that the majority of people in charge in Hollywood are megalomaniacal pussy grabbers
7. Tomorrow the Senate is going to pass a tax bill that will deepsix the US economy and balloon the deficit by trillions of dollars all so the Koch Brothers can get their donation money back
8. Largest mass-shooting in US history and politicians can't do shit about bump stocks even though they're clearly illegal to the point where NRA members even think they should be banned
9. The Trump administration pulls out of the Paris Accords for no apparent reason, then throws taxpayer money at coal plants that don't work while attempting to sabotage solar and wind
10. 8 days of Teen Titans GO!

And if one of you alt-right fuckheads thinks 2017 was a great year, I'm all ears

and next year you're going to come out with other 10 reasons why 2018 sucked. boo-hoo
9gag>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.that way

You'd would think that you centrist piece of shit. jk you're a cool guy, anonymous

nah, 2018 will be great

because we're gonna take the House and Senate

No, that is what net neutrality encompasses. It's not just freedom of speech you moron. Read about and stop getting your info from the front page of leddit.

>Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers must treat all data on the Internet the same, and not discriminate or charge differently by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or method of communication.[4] For instance, under these principles, internet service providers are unable to intentionally block, slow down or charge money for specific websites and online content.

The ignorance surrounding this topic is infuriating to say the least

>TTG spamming
>the worst star wars movie ever made released
>disney buying fox, meaning all their properties will be waterd down PC family friendly garbage
>SU on an unberable hiatus
>samurai jack having one of the worst endings in the history of television
>feminism getting more cancerous and infecting more media, to the point they had a bitchs march to protest white men exsisting
Yeah OP, such a “great” year we had

epic brooooo xxxDDDD
heres ur reddit gold

cringe

Drumpf, tons of natural disasters.

>mentioning media at all when it comes to why a year was bad

How's it being a child? You have some seriously skewed priorities

we should print this reply and send to homeless people.

>The Trump administration pulls out of the Paris Accords for no apparent reason
The Paris accord does literally nothing but syphon money to china and NK who have zero obligation or accountability to switch to renewable energy

>supporting the FCC
Imagine being this much of a gov cuck

Something went down with this kraut & tea fella, don't ask me i actively avoided all that shit.

I'm just waiting for metokur or some other shit flinger to do the homework for me. Generally skeptics are suffering from having covered the left for so long that as soon as they try to hit on the right to remain "centrist" they find people actually capable of knocking down their easy mode arguing skills and several times more effective in the PR department.

it's not, though intersectionality is the "everyone's a victim they just don't know it yet, now let me tell you how much you are worth in victim points" ideology, Hollywood is seeping with the good old rotten hypocresy, arrogance and delusion combo coming from a mini-society that has everything except reasons to complain.

How did it protect freedom of speech?

bobo

Kill yourself regressive cretin

Don't even try user. Most people here probably were told it was good to e in the Paris Accords without even questioning why it was good. Never mind all the promises everybody made were pretty much broken in a few months after it happened, but it made people feel good and validate their opinion.

...I hate how cynical this world is making me. Christmas has become too fake to tolerate now.

more powerful 2018 is coming
north k, extreme climax , terrorist , Financial crisis and other more .

And none of this has affected any of you.

Media is important you shit eating retard. Atlleast i dont take disneys shit in the ass like some disney drone faggot
Fuck the homless, id rather have millions starve and have one good star wars film then the utter shit we got

...okay. At least I can read and think for myself still.

what does Net Neutrality have to do with privacy or censorship you gigantic cretin

the problem with getting rid of it is the sheer amount of new costs, tariffs and gauging that ISPs will make people pay, it's not about muh rights, it's about my fucking wallet.

of course they will trottle expensive high usage sites, but what the fuck are you gonna do without them?

is that what rush limbaugh told you

>id rather have millions starve and have one good star wars film

>tax bill
>doesn't affect any of us
You didn't even read the post did you.
Even if you are underaged (as you likely are), your parents, guardians, and/or foster home still have to pay taxes. That affects you.

Have fun supporting one percent douche bags like big teeth shit guzziling pajeet cuck. They also censor TV, so for that alone he needs to be gutted like a pig

No, it's ONLY harmful if you ignore the math.

you'll pull through little buddy, these babies cry because the screens tell them bad stuff is happening but they aren't getting blown up in a trench or scrapping moss off a rock to avoid starving, or dying slowly from horrible plagues in dimly lit shacks, so we're doing pretty fucking well all things considered.

the entirety of the worlds' problems are wholly psychological and micro-social, all we gotta do is tune out and enjoy some silence.

Here's a comparison: the government forces UPS and FedEx to charge the same amount for every package, no matter the size or weight. They must also make every delivery at the same time, no priority shipping.

What would happen? They'd stop trying to innovate and investors would bail because there's no profit to be made. Guess what would happen if NN wasn't repealed?

The internet was fine before, it'll be fine after.

...they were already doing it while net neutrality was still active. That was my point. Again, I said there was no point in getting rid of it, and it was a shame. Streaming services already have to pay more for their content to be available.

So businesses will just start driving away customers?

as in, ignoring the maths will lead to blind support of a tax bill that is set up to harm people in the long run? because yes i agree

>...they were already doing it while net neutrality was still active.

they did that a few times before, that's why NN became an actual thing in the first place, because the courts decided that shit was cheating.

>Here's a comparison: the government forces UPS and FedEx to charge the same amount for every package, no matter the size or weight. They must also make every delivery at the same time, no priority shipping.

But we already have tiers of internet SPEED, but discriminating the actual data is like picking between two packages that weight exactly the same, have the same size and are making the same trip, and just charging more for one because it's been sent by a specific person.

As they always do, the best case scenario is that ISPs jew the tech giants enough that competition becomes actually viable, but the likely thing is that they'll form their own cartels and you'll need to move to another state to conceivably use certain websites expediently.

How's that State dick taste?

Driving them away to WHAT? There are so many areas where there's literally only one option.

It feels like the promises of yesterday are increasingly clearly just hollow lies and that the future won't get any better.

I mean. I'm sure world poverty will go down and there will be less war, but I still have to go to work and there's no sex robots or laser guns, and the government is still corrupt and it's still too damn hot outside except when it's too cold.

2017 just feels like it's confirming what 2016 revealed; that life is going to be about this shitty until I die.

This argument would only work if they're weren't constantly innovations made in telecommunications.

ok so opposing republicans' horrible tax plans when they have control over all of government means i'm the one sucking state dick, sure, nice logic there retard

Drama queens, and libtard soybois. The worst year ever for me was back in 2005 when my father passed away. Niggers complaining about a few politicians, and same song and dance world conflicts. Crying about how its the end of the internet because of NN, or end of the world because Trump picks a fight with a retard in a hermit country that cant even get a single rocket to fucking lift off a ground till 2017.

I hope more of these cunts commit suicide.

There are plenty of innovations being made in telecommunications, just not in the US. South Korea has an incredible online infrastructure, whereas here we have such shitty cable service that it's starting to become a liability for video game companies.

Except, you know, it costs your ISP exactly the same amount to move every piece of data around, because data doesn't have "Size" or "Weight" it's just electrons in tubes.