Opinions of Supurbia?

Opinions of Supurbia?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Supurbia
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Grace-Randolph-s-Supurbia
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Secret-Identities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It appears to be upside down.

Also who would you cast if it was made into a movie/show?

That's Grace Randolf's comic right? The one who used to do videos for Marvel and Bleeding Cool?

Never read it, but genuinely curious what people thought

>but genuinely curious what people thought
Just finished it, genuinely good.
Is fairly open ended altho not on a full cliffhanger.
Here if you wanna try.
V1 (4 issues)
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Supurbia
V2 (12 issues)
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Grace-Randolph-s-Supurbia

mynigga.jpg

Thanks bigly, if true.

The characters are mostly fairly flawed and dickish.
Dion (the gl/martian manhunter stand in) & Tia (black panther stand in) the black family are probably the most likable along with the husband of the asian Wonder Woman stand in (who you will wish death upon)

On the second issue and you are spot on.
I picked that Eli would get the power while his sister didn't. I like that.
I kind of wish the characters weren't such obvious expys of established characters, I think it could still work without that familiarity. It always feels cheap.

>I kind of wish the characters weren't such obvious expys of established characters, I think it could still work without that familiarity. It always feels cheap.
I liked that part of it but fair enough.

Bump

Halfway through the 12 issue series; the whole thing seems kind of mean and nasty, like someone who doesn't really like superheroes or capeshit wrote it.
The art's not terrible and I like some of the costume designs. Gay batman and robin is played out AF by now.

>like someone who doesn't really like superheroes or capeshit wrote it.
Maybe the writer/fans of it just genuinely just like dark toned superhero tales with complex flawed characters.
There is nothing about superhero comics that inherently must be light toned.
> Gay batman and robin is played out AF by now.
That was among the weaker areas of the book for me.

For anyone who liked Supurbia I also recommend Secret Identities. Fairly similar but the characters aren't as unlikable altho still flawed.
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Secret-Identities

>There is nothing about superhero comics that inherently must be light toned.
I have no problems with dark content, but this doesn't come across as dark to me, just mean and petty and spiteful.
Some of the subplots are pretty good though, so I'll finish reading it. I might even pick up a trade in the future.

I do like Faerber's stuff, but I missed this one, thanks m8.

>just mean and petty and spiteful.
Fair enough.

Note on Secret Identities I haven't finished it so if the ending sucks I apologize. But I like the characters especially Recluse & the Alien Ninja chick.

np dude, I enjoy the chance to read capeshit I wouldn't normally see. It's still my favourite out of all the genres in comics.

This was pretty good. I'd be happy if I could produce something of this quality.

I remember like two issues of it.
Mostly just remembering the Amazon mom being sexist to her son (who inherited her Amazon skills but has to keep it a secret).

It's one of those comics that I read an issue and out on the "would wanna read" list thats a mile long and usually ends with me never reading it.

Can we maybe one day get a superhero parody/meta-commentary book that's not just a bunch of clear-cut equivalents to other DC/Marvel/whatever heroes?

Like Irredeemable? I mean even if Plutonian is a lot like Superman everyone else is fairly original.

Read "Welcome to Tranquility".

Nah, got six issues in and I'm out.
This fuckers just mean.

I do remember liking it and I think the most interesting part was the superman standin was with an ex supervillain while the not Lois was bring a jealous bitch
But ofcourse the not Supes is another looks down on everyone because he's the most powerful interpretation, would have been better if he was full hope and goodwill and banging a bitch supervillain

> closeted superhero story
fuck, I love those. I'll have to pick it up.

I really like the Superman archetypes relationship with the literal semen demon. It was revealed he used to romance his version of Lois Lane but got bored of her due to classic silver age shenannigans. Of course LL threatened to expose his identity after the break up.
Then he decided to bang his catwoman type who was like half demon from hell and try to domesticate her.
I didn't like when he became abusive though.

Just read this, it was good. Thanks for the rec

Technically it's Batman and Nightwing, not B&R.